Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Incessant Harrasment From Nigerian Mobile Network Operators - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Incessant Harrasment From Nigerian Mobile Network Operators (572 Views)

6 Categories Of Mobile Network Customers. Where Do You Belong? / What's Your Favourite Internet Data Plan From A Nigerian Mobile Network? / Michael Akindele, 30-Year-Old Nigerian Mobile Phone Maker, Gets Global Attention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incessant Harrasment From Nigerian Mobile Network Operators by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:58am On Dec 11, 2013
I v to come public to state it clear that I m tired of the harrasement & terror metted to me & millions of Nigerians by network operators in Nigeria. MTN, Etisalat, Airtel & Glo v turned to nuisance.
The most notorious of them MTN & Glo are fond of abusing me & millions of their customers with strange calls & unecessary sms.
In a day, I receive up to 17 meaningless sms from MTN. Each from diff numbers. The most notable among them: 4100
And the content of those sms are always meaningless.
I v called their customer care center to complain but they v been unable to help. I don't think this is how network operators harrass customers in developed countries.
Someone once joked that very soon MTN ll send sms to subscribers saying: "Tonto Dike has not bathed since 3 days. Text Smell to 419 to smell her armpit". Jokes apart. They are moving towards it with the way they advertise meaningless services in recent times.
There's no more creativity in them but only to offer hopeless promos.
I m using this moment to call all well meaning Nigerians to rise against this disturbance by the network operators in ou country.
Enough is enough!
Say NO to unwanted sms from network operators in Nigeria. Abi, what's your take fellow Nigerians?
Mr mykmyers45, the Honourable Mod of this section, I ll appreciate it if you can help move this thread to the frontpage for more contribution.
Re: Incessant Harrasment From Nigerian Mobile Network Operators by ajasbaba(m): 11:08am On Dec 11, 2013
if they call you abort the call nah.

if they send you sms delete it nah.

and if they disturb you switch off your phone or stop using it.

end of discussion.
Re: Incessant Harrasment From Nigerian Mobile Network Operators by Iykedaprince(m): 11:17am On Dec 11, 2013
Guy, it's been so bad. MTM customer care agents are part of d scam. They wanted to trick me more into their useless SMS alert. But, I discovered on time. NCC should urgently do something about this issue.
Re: Incessant Harrasment From Nigerian Mobile Network Operators by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:39am On Dec 11, 2013
ajas baba: if they call you abort the call nah.
The calls can be annoying expecially when you are a business man expecting important calls.
ajas baba:
if they send you sms delete it nah.
The sms wont stop coming.
ajas baba:

and if they disturb you switch off your phone or stop using it.
You ain't making a point here. Imagine what you wrote.
ajas baba:

end of discussion.
Discussion continue.

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Your Iphone As A Portable Wi-fi Hotspot / Glo 30mb Keeps Disappearing On Second Day / Which Network Has D Best Internet Subscription For Q5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.