Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists (4595 Views)

for those who wish to learn 3D Animation, modelling and visual effects / Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira / Results Of Web Banner Design Contest For Nairaland Ads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2013
@JJK I know the frustration. Ive been through that as well Here are some pointers.

1. Because of power instability in our dear country, it is sometimes (or even most tomes) impossible to render a sequence at a go. You could render the frames as pictures ( *.jpeg, *.png ....) and use the video editor within blender to stitch them together. You can find the option under Render_Output. Also reduce the resolution since you are submitting the work on youtube.

2. Reduce render settings: If AO (ambient occlusion) is turned on, reduce the "gather" to a low value (maybe 5 or less) to speed up the render.

3. Create challenges for yourself once in a while. This can be just a modelling, texturing or animation challenge to boost your skills.

I look forward to seeing more of your work and hopefully working with you in the future.

@Royver: I was referring to your story on wordpress. Nice stuff you got there.

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 2:28am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year!
Does anyone else have a submission? If not, by default ladanski wins. Jjk24 I'm still looking forward to viewing your work. Finished or not it will be appreciated !
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by jjk24(m): 4:29pm On Jan 01, 2014
Actually am dne with everi tin ... I made 2 diff renders pls can eni 1 hlp me with d video editor in blender... I av a lot of vid editoors buh av neva used dem till yestiday ... and all of dem where jst nt wrkin out 4 me.. D windows movie maker can only save in its format.. Video pad needs a plugin pls... Eni 1 knws a gud and free video editor I can use tenks...
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2014
@Royver, I am having trouble using Nairaland's mail service. Here's my mail

abdulazizladan@gmail.com
and my phone number

+234 8099 7646 93
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 1:08am On Jan 03, 2014
its January 3rd, more than 2days after the extended deadline. I must say, i was a little disappointed at the turnout for this 'small' competition, I honestly thought more people would take up the challenge. I agree there were flaws as pointed out by some animators here but I expected more involvement to say the least. What I was looking for in this competition was not rigging skills or modelling or animation but Passion.So is it that most 3D artists on nairaland are all mouth and no passion? Or are they all looking for someone that will magically come and drop big bucks in their laps before they will take anything serious? i must have misjudged you guys grossly. If for instance I represented an anonymous 3D expert looking for Nigerian animators to recruit i.e to give a scholarship for a one year course to an upcoming animation university and a 100% chance to work with other animators in the UK after your schooling, I would be highly discouraged.

Having said that, Ladanski has obviously won this competition by default. He showed both passion for his work and a humbled countenance which is always good for a friendly working environment. Kudos to you sir. i trust you have received my email and the small N1500 recharge card smiley. It will be my pleasure to see you grow even higher in your endeavors.

As for others, Never despise the days of small beginnings. I can imagine the obstacles animators have to face in this country, but i honestly believe that one day all of this will be overcome. Keep sharpening your skills, keep dreaming big. it doesn't hurt to do so and one day who knows? Your Passion will make a way for you.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by jjk24(m): 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
@laast amateur stuff (gnna surely geht beta though) happy new year folks m.youtube.com/watch?v=OzQhe0yj_d4&client=mv-google&gl=NG&guid=&hl=en-GB
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 1:10am On Jan 04, 2014
jjk24: @laast amateur stuff (gnna surely geht beta though) happy new year folks m.youtube.com/watch?v=OzQhe0yj_d4&client=mv-google&gl=NG&guid=&hl=en-GB

i dont care what anyone thinks, I enjoyed the clip grin grin grin
how did you manage the lighting in your first scene?
Good effort, still a lot of room for improvement though but all in all, a mightygood effort.

1 Like

Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 04, 2014
In the first scene,he used "Cycles" render in blender. Keep up the good work smiley
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by jjk24(m): 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Royver:

i dont care what anyone thinks, I enjoyed the clip grin grin grin
how did you manage the lighting in your first scene?
Good effort, still a lot of room for improvement though but all in all, a mightygood effort.
thanks boss neva dne enifin lyk dis b4 ..... Tenks 4 creating dem competition though... Mre of it..and yes aa did use cycles tru out lyk booss lan said... Am kinda falling inlove wen dem cycles ye I knw way 2 much big room for improovement ... dahs d point though.. I think competition lyk dis is rili gud cus dere is a focus and stuff .. Sumfin I lack ..
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 05, 2014
@Royver; was it just a hoax?
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 9:06am On Jan 05, 2014
ladanski: @Royver; was it just a hoax?
Was what a hoax?
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2014
the competition. No prizes? if so, didnt get mine
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 9:19am On Jan 05, 2014
ladanski: the competition. No prizes? if so, didnt get mine

Pls check the mail address u gave me. I sent it that evening. let me know when you see it. Thanks.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 05, 2014
I just got it. Thanks.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
ladanski: I just got it. Thanks.
You're welcome.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by firestar(f): 7:58am On Jul 03, 2014
cool
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 10:04am On Jul 03, 2014
firestar: cool
hello firestar smiley
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by firestar(f): 10:42am On Jul 03, 2014
Royver:
hello firestar smiley

Yo. Rovyer.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by Royver(m): 11:29am On Jul 03, 2014
firestar:

Yo. Rovyer.

Your diary had me going shocked smiley
Am now encouraged to open one smiley
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by firestar(f): 11:50am On Jul 03, 2014
Is that so?

I should pen in more thoughts.
I have been quite busy lately.

Go right ahead.

It'll be lovely reading you.
Re: 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists by darkid1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2016
Royver:
Hello all!

Apart from writing,I developed a passion for 3D animation in 2007. I have worked on various 3D animation softwares from the ubiquitous Maya to the exotic Carrara. I'm really interested in what nairaland 3D artists can do.

To this effect, I would like to host a little competition. A 3D animation short clip. Specifications include:
1. The clip should not be longer than 3mins.
2. The clip must tell a story.
3. The theme must involve a butterfly.
4. closing date for submissions is 24th December. (By submission I mean give me your link on YouTube after uploading your clip)
Winner gets n1500 recharge card, second runner up n750, third gets n400.

Interested persons should indicate and state their software of choice. Preferably participants should be indigenous.
Royver, why the hell do we have a lot in common! I dont do much animation but I'm very good at modelling . I use cinema4d and Z brush. Animation is just too slow to render and I dont have the patience.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures, Paintings And Art Work That Will Blow Your Mind..(pictures) / OPAY App / Course: Animation Or Graphic Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.