Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) (17283 Views)

Why Ajaokuta Steel Company Won’t Function Immediately – Minister / Okonjo-iweala Connived With World Bank, IMF To Write Off Ajaokuta Steel Company / Supplementary Election: APC Peace Moves In Kogi Crumble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by taharqa: 11:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
[size=16]Train moves in newly Completed Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Ore-Agbor-Warri Standard Rail Track; 1st Standard Rail Guage in West Africa[/size]

This Railway was planned since the 1975 3rd National Plan, primarily to serve Nigeria's Steel Industry. It was subsequently abandoned by subsequent Admins (ie Shagari, Buhari and Early parts of Babangida) until the late 19980s/early 1990s when work finally started. Subsequent Admins have re-started (continued) as well as Abandoned the project, until Yar'adua's time in 2009 when he re-started (continued) it. GEJ continued froom there, and HASN'T ABANDONED it such that the entire track (esp the remaining Agbor-Warrri loop) has be COMPLETED this year (although certain Navigational Aids and the 5 Rail Terminals are still be done by Julius Berger Berger, the Contracting firm.

This is the 4th Standard Rail Lines (apart from Resuscitating the over 3500km Old comatose Rail) that Gej is currently undertaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJE8WhPS0G0

5 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
This government bringing all these white nobodies to give credence to rubbish they do is laughable. Anytime they want to deceive the masses about so call "project", they parade whites of nobodies to bring credence to it. Those Eastern-eruopean whites are not as qualified as Nigerian engineers.

9 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by taharqa: 12:14am On Dec 12, 2013
payless: This government bringing all these white nobodies to give credence to rubbish they do is laughable. Anytime they want to deceive the masses about so call "project", they parade whites of nobodies to bring credence to it. Those Eastern-eruopean whites are not as qualified as Nigerian engineers.
Oh! Boy, ehye. See new format. Na wa o. Na d new 'criticism' bi dis one, abi?? grin grin... They are d Julius Berger men handling d project; thought I said dat in d OP....

30 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 12, 2013
taharqa: Oh! Boy, ehye. See new format. Na wa o. Na d new 'criticism' bi dis one, abi?? grin grin... They are d Julius Berger men handling d project; thought I said dat in d OP....

Julius Berger my a.s.s!
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by urboy1: 12:19am On Dec 12, 2013
taharqa: Oh! Boy, ehye. See new format. Na wa o. Na d new 'criticism' bi dis one, abi?? grin grin... They are d Julius Berger men handling d project; thought I said dat in d OP....

Oboi..I weak..see response..Anyway too many bad news in the media, so seeing this development is refreshing. Just hope it works well (i have my reservations)
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by enigmang: 1:16am On Dec 12, 2013
payless: This government bringing all these white nobodies to give credence to rubbish they do is laughable. Anytime they want to deceive the masses about so call "project", they parade whites of nobodies to bring credence to it. Those Eastern-eruopean whites are not as qualified as Nigerian engineers.

LOL... You are just pathetic .... It' is really amazing why we look out for bad news.. If this was some negative news I am sure you will be excited..
The least you could do for yourself is ignore the thread .. You are obviously FOOLISHLY RACIST...
How does the white skin in the video discredit the project.. Person dey show you rail that was abandoned since since ... And is now built , the only thing you see is 2 'East European' people... Smh.

38 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Nobody: 1:20am On Dec 12, 2013
enigmang:

LOL... You are just pathetic .... It' is really amazing why we look out for bad news.. If this was some negative news I am sure you will be excited..
The least you could do for yourself is ignore the thread .. You are obviously FOOLISHLY RACIST...
How does the white skin in the video discredit the project.. Person dey show you rail that was abandoned since since ... And is now built , the only thing you see is 2 'East European' people... Smh.
F00lish Nigerian, how is the so called cargo rail working out for you despite the propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by jmaine: 1:39am On Dec 12, 2013
The impulsive and demonic haters are here doing the needful . . .

Wailing and gnashing their rotten teeth over good and positive news not coming from their disgusting overlords . . . . . .

29 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by musiwa112: 2:21am On Dec 12, 2013
i get your point, i cant laugh
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Omexonomy: 3:17am On Dec 12, 2013
Come to lagos and ogun and see chinko doing jobs that should be hadled by our local bricklayers and you APC-rats are not complaining.

26 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Omexonomy: 3:22am On Dec 12, 2013
sincerenigerian: F00lish Nigerian, how is the so called cargo rail working out for you despite the propaganda.
you this f00lishnigeria why clonning another person moniker. It has been proven beyond reasonable fact that Even musiwa that have been using cheap crack can do far better than you.

9 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 12, 2013
Omexonomy: you this f00lishnigeria why clonning another person moniker. It has been proven beyond reasonable fact that Even musiwa that have been using cheap crack can do far better than you.
You must be referring to your parents.

1 Like

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Nobody: 4:53am On Dec 12, 2013
I see beyond the opposition propaganda and know GEJ is a nationalist whose plan is to bring Nigeria out of the many years of evil regime and at par with South Africa,Brazil,Singapore,Malaysia and close to the developed nations

21 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by jodeci(m): 5:08am On Dec 12, 2013
sincerenigerian:

Julius Berger my a.s.s!

so disgusting to clone another,makes everything you write lack originality.

9 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Nobody: 5:54am On Dec 12, 2013
jodeci:

so disgusting to clone another,makes everything you write lack originality.

Go and die!
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by agabaI23(m): 6:08am On Dec 12, 2013
Thank you Goodluck!

10 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 12, 2013

Lol. Wonderful comment people like you are always happy when you see negative news about this administration. So the white men is just the only thing that discredited the whole news?. ThankGod it is video if it was pics u will have said it was photoshop or lies

Would not be surprise because people like you always want news like Jonathan snub in SA, hospitalize in Germany, and embezelment of public funds that was not verified whether true or not. Till hatred for no significant reason just because he is from a particular zone and tribalism stop in Nigeria it will be better for this nation.

8 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by ballabriggs: 6:39am On Dec 12, 2013
Loooollll If this is not desperation by a failed government, I wonder what it is. Abacha must be shaking in his grave. You know why? The major part of this project to Delta state was completed under Sani Abacha with the aim of connecting the Ajaokuta and Aladja steel complexes. OBJ discontinued the project as those complexes were to be privatised.

Today President Jona who has nothing to show in spite of the trillions which should have been received wants to take glory for a dead man's work. Hohohohihihihi Akabo lele O

6 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Akpangbon: 7:19am On Dec 12, 2013
ballabriggs: Loooollll If this is not desperation by a failed government, I wonder what it is. Abacha must be shaking in his grave. You know why? The major part of this project to Delta state was completed under Sani Abacha with the aim of connecting the Ajaokuta and Aladja steel complexes. OBJ discontinued the project as those complexes were to be privatised.

Today President Jona who has nothing to show in spite of the trillions which should have been received wants to take glory for a dead man's work. Hohohohihihihi Akabo lele O

High on cheap crack.

18 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by fkaz(m): 7:42am On Dec 12, 2013
no b 2day we dey hear dis kind news, rehabilitation work no dey finish for that project. After three year another govt will come again and say they have completed Ajaokuta-warri rail line.

[b]FG Commences Passenger Service on Warri - Ajaokuta Railway Soon
From Dele Ogbodo in Abuja
24 Oct 2010

Going by the pace of current rehabilitation work by Julius Berger Nigeria Plc on the 254 kilometre Ajaokuta - warri rail line, the Federal Government has stated that passengers service between the Niger Delta and Middle Belt areas of the country will commence very soon.
Impressed with the less than 4 hour train ride from Agbarho near Warri Delta State to Ajaokuta in Kogi State on the new Standard Gauge track line, Minister of Transport, Alhaji Suleiman Yusuf said "After the review, transfer and re - scoping of the project valued at N36billion from the Federal Ministry of Power and Mining to the Federal Ministry of Transport from its purely freight of Iron ore and with an additional built in design for Passengers movement which will involve the construction of several train stations along the line, I'm satisfied and impressed today that with this 4 hour train ride from Warri to Ajaokuta, we are sure to commence passenger services early next year." [/b]

@tahaqa what is new about your new video Now? When past minister had travel on the same rail line 3 year ago and people where celebrating it then.
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 12, 2013
@Taharqa..,Thanks for refreshing the politics board with this thread. Nigeria is marching forward notwithstanding the EVIL machinations of tribal and hateful warlords.

OBJ has turned to writting 'love' letters. Why didn't he complete this railway project when he held sway as president for 8 years? Does it mean he didn't see the importance of the project? This are some of the question patriotic Nigerians should be asking.

Meanwhile, lets check out the timelines of the most recent APC propaganda:

1. First it was criticism of the president by Tambuwai. This was reported on Tuesday 10th of December.

2. Followed immediately by publication of a letter by the CBN governor alleging that NNPC failed to remitt some funds. This also became public on the Tuesday, 10th of December.

3. Then followed closely by OBJ's letter to the president. The letter was allegedly written on the 2nd of December but it was made public on Wednesday, 11th December.

Note: The OBJ's letter allegedly written on the 2nd of December contained the CBN governor's allegation that was published only 2 days ago.

What a coincidence! The gathering of vultures and EVIL will come to nought. Nigeria MUST march forward.

16 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 12, 2013

I cast out all the Demons in your head, get out! cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Odward(m): 10:11am On Dec 12, 2013
@op wetin come concern us if train pass d road?abeg post beta tin joor.

1 Like

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by BlackPeni5: 10:12am On Dec 12, 2013

I Pity you...Even good things you cannot see.

7 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by homesteady(m): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2013
Promhize:

I cast out all the Demons in your head, get out! cheesy
grin grin AMEN! grin

5 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by tomakint: 10:24am On Dec 12, 2013
Chris-OD:
Sincerenigerian = payless the son of a Yoruba monkey
You Sir deserves a 'crate of 1759' for this noble truth about a lost soul grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Willgates(m): 10:26am On Dec 12, 2013
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by atwix(m): 10:32am On Dec 12, 2013
Thank God, they finally completed a standard gauge rail line, after contract inflation, splitting and plenty mismanagement.

Where in the world do u build a rail line with one track, the meaning of the ajaokuta to warri line means, only a train coach can serve that line and return on it. and it can either start or end in either places.
ME from the video can only see only one pair of tracks and if about 36 billion is expended on one line, to do the second, expect another 36 billion naira to be expended to make it 72 billion to construct a pair of standard rail gauge line.....very pathetic. we killing ourselves and we are laughing at ourselves.....Nigeria, ooh my country. javascript:void(0);

3 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:35am On Dec 12, 2013

grin
grin

You never jam.. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack / Budget Scandal: APC Summons Jibrin / APC Accuses Saraki Of Masterminding NASS Siege

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.