Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? (1274 Views)

Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? by okeyxyz(m): 1:16am On Dec 12, 2013
How did Jesus fulfill the Law?

He fulfilled the law by firstly having the perfect understanding of it, knew the spirit(principle) behind it, therefore he's the only person with any possibility to deliver(fulfill) it's requirements.

Because Jesus had perfect understanding of this law, he therefore was able to become the personification of it(He lived as the law in flesh and blood). So the words he spoke, he spoke as the law and the works and wonders he performed he performed as the law.

Finally, he died as the law, signifying the death and abolishment of the law. This final act is what gave birth to true christianity, for there cannot be christianity while the law was still standing and the legal standard for righteousness. This is the origin of the saying that "We are no longer under the law but under grace". Since the law is dead and abolished, we no longer define righteousness based on how the law defined it and by not following the law's definition, we become truely free from it and live unto the perfect law of liberty in the resurrected(Not the one who died) christ jesus.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? by Nahum777(m): 8:14am On Dec 12, 2013
We aint under any Grace, for you to enter into the kingdom of heaven, you must keep the laws, nothing like grace or whatever.

Now this is from Jesus Himself, and Jesus was clear, he fulfilled the law, taught us how to fulfil the law too, but He didnt abolish it, we are still under the law .

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. " (Matthew 5:17-18 ).<<< Till heaven and earth pass away nobody is excluded from the law.

And now Okey, this is what you are doing, you are spreading heresy, teaching people to forget the law and cling unto grace, you are teaching people to disobey the words of Christ.

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. " (Matthew 5:18-19). << I dont know if you have ever seen this verse in the bible.

If you dont keep the Laws you wont enter into life.

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. " (Matthew 19:17).<<< keep the laws thats the only way you enter into life.

I have so many verses to disapprove this grace trend created by the roman empire that have been believed for so long, giving people the right to sin. Maybe i should drop the verses and readers will decide for themselves.

"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." (Revelation 22:14). <<< if you dont keep the commandments you wont have right to the three of life.

"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: " (Revelation 2:26). <<< He that keepeth my works unto the end? That is what God expects from you, to keep His works.

"Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." (Revelation 14:12).<<<those that keep the commandment of God. And not those that have faith alone, you have to keep both the laws and have faith in Christ or else you aint going nowhere, faith alone can not save.

"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?" (James 2:14).

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." (James 2:17).

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?" (James 2:19-20).

"Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." (James 2:24)...

"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4).

"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. " (Matthew 16:27).
<<<< this verse is self explainatory, Christ will come and every man will be rewarded according to his works not grace or whatever.

Most of Pauls letter were for the elect men of Israel going to preach to the gentile nations. Grace was giving to the elects only and not the whole word, as for you and I, we have to work out our own salvation by keeping the commandments, nothing like grace for you.

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." (Philippians 2:12).

Now when i say keep the Laws, i aint talking about sacrificial laws, because some peeps are good in misunderstanding people. Now the Laws am talking about are in Galatians 5:19-23.
Re: How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? by Nahum777(m): 7:44am On Dec 13, 2013
thread abandoned? grin grin well dayummm
Re: How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? by harbiola1(m): 9:00am On Dec 13, 2013
Nahum777: thread abandoned? grin grin well dayummm

Bro u 2 wicked o, c as u just scared the grace aot of d thread. cheesy cheesy
Re: How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? by okeyxyz(m): 7:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nahum777: thread abandoned? grin grin well dayummm

harbiola1:

Lol.., you guys obviously don't know me.

I'd just not had time, and almost forgot that I created this thread. Make una Wait, I dey come back to destroy you law doctrine bondage.
Re: How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? by Nahum777(m): 12:39am On Dec 14, 2013
okeyxyz:

I'd just not had time, and almost forgot that I created this thread. Make una Wait, I dey come back to destroy you law doctrine bondage.
yes, destroy the bondage without quoting Paul grin grin
Re: How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? by Nahum777(m): 12:40am On Dec 14, 2013
harbiola1:

lmao. grin
Re: How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? by okeyxyz(m): 12:47am On Dec 14, 2013
Nahum777: yes, destroy the bondage without quoting Paul grin grin

So you agree then that Paul destroyed the law?? grin

Surely, nobody today can be a true christian if he does not agree/understand Paul. So I'm assuming you are not christain, No?? Obadiah? Black Hebrew then?

1 Like

Re: How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? by Nahum777(m): 2:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
okeyxyz:

So you agree then that Paul destroyed the law?? grin

Surely, nobody today can be a true christian if he does not agree/understand Paul. So I'm assuming you are not christain, No?? Obadiah? Black Hebrew then?
i am not a christian fine, but i believe in the whole bible, Paul didnt condemn the law, you should know some bible books, chapters and verses aint refering to everybody in the world. Thats were you Christians get it wrong, let me give you an example.

"James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." (James 1:1).

To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, which means the book of James was for the Israelites and not the whole world. Same wìth Paul, majority of Pauls letter was for the 144, 000 elect me of Israel going to preach to the Gentiles, these were the people God gave grace and not the whole world.. You are not saying Paul and James are contradicting themselves are you? Paul says faith alone and not by works, mind you he wasnt refering to you, James says works and faith, Jesus Christ says works and faith.
Re: How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? by okeyxyz(m): 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nahum777: i am not a christian fine, but i believe in the whole bible, Paul didnt condemn the law, you should know some bible books, chapters and verses aint refering to everybody in the world. Thats were you Christians get it wrong, let me give you an example.

Okay, so we've established that you are not christian, and I assume you are of the following of Black Hebrew movement. You are still under the law. No wahala.

You say Paul did not condemn the law?? WRONG!!! There is just only one way that anybody today will see and believe in absolute grace without the law and that is from the letters of Paul. Every other book in the bible we have today does not make a categorical statement nor a reasonable case for grace. The doctrine of grace today would not exist without Paul's letters. Paul was an absolute grace preacher and encourage people to be like himself, though he also allowed people whose conscience and faith were not firmly grounded in grace to continue gradually, as if there were still some remnants of the law that were still active. But as far as he(Paul) was concerned the law was dead and abolished.

"James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." (James 1:1).

To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, which means the book of James was for the Israelites and not the whole world. Same wìth Paul, majority of Pauls letter was for the 144, 000 elect me of Israel going to preach to the Gentiles, these were the people God gave grace and not the whole world.. You are not saying Paul and James are contradicting themselves are you? Paul says faith alone and not by works, mind you he wasn't refering to you, James says works and faith, Jesus Christ says works and faith.

You got it wrong here. The moment christianity comes, it becomes a gospel for everybody whether jew or not. You make the error of referring to a literal israel. Christian doctrine does not deal with that anymore. James spoke of Israel in a symbolic/spiritual sense and not in the literal manner you use.

You seem to not understand faith(actually, almost everybody does not). People continue to carry on with this notion that faith has no works(or evidence), but nothing can be further from the truth. Faith just has no regards to works of the law, but to demonstrate that you have faith you must show the works of your faith. James was not talking about works of the law but of faith. The works of faith is demonstrated by living as though you have no regard for the law. Where the law says "You must not eat meat offered to idols...", I say "rubbish, the earth is the lord's and everything in it. All things are sanctified to the elect...", I go ahead to "demolish" the food with my mouth and stomach grin grin. You see, that is the works of faith, in defiance to the works of the law which would demanded abstinence from such food.

Regarding the elect, I am an elect. I am a 100-percent, absolute grace christian. I totally disregard the law of Moses as is interpreted by the world. I am a 100-percent Pauline doctrine christian. I give no regard to holy days, what I eat, what music I listen to, what I wear, whom I have sex with as long as it is woman and the relationship is consensual, etc, My doctrine is just incorruptible. Absolutely nothing in regard to the law. So, yes you are right that there are an elect few who have been selected unto grace but your error is in thinking that they were literal Israelites and have gone with history and would not be in the present time. Well, you are "speaking" to one of them. cool

1 Like

Re: How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? by Nahum777(m): 12:08am On Dec 15, 2013
okeyxyz:

Okay, so we've established that you are not christian, and I assume you are of the following of Black Hebrew movement. You are still under the law. No wahala.

You say Paul did not condemn the law?? WRONG!!! There is just only one way that anybody today will see and believe in absolute grace without the law and that is from the letters of Paul. Every other book in the bible we have today does not make a categorical statement nor a reasonable case for grace. The doctrine of grace today would not exist without Paul's letters. Paul was an absolute grace preacher and encourage people to be like himself, though he also allowed people whose conscience and faith were not firmly grounded in grace to continue gradually, as if there were still some remnants of the law that were still active. But as far as he(Paul) was concerned the law was dead and abolished.

You got it wrong here. The moment christianity comes, it becomes a gospel for everybody whether jew or not. You make the error of referring to a literal israel. Christian doctrine does not deal with that anymore. James spoke of Israel in a symbolic/spiritual sense and not in the literal manner you use.

You seem to not understand faith(actually, almost everybody does not). People continue to carry on with this notion that faith has no works(or evidence), but nothing can be further from the truth. Faith just has no regards to works of the law, but to demonstrate that you have faith you must show the works of your faith. James was not talking about works of the law but of faith. The works of faith is demonstrated by living as though you have no regard for the law. Where the law says "You must not eat meat offered to idols...", I say "rubbish, the earth is the lord's and everything in it. All things are sanctified to the elect...", I go ahead to "demolish" the food with my mouth and stomach grin grin. You see, that is the works of faith, in defiance to the works of the law which would demanded abstinence from such food.

Regarding the elect, I am an elect. I am a 100-percent, absolute grace christian. I totally disregard the law of Moses as is interpreted by the world. I am a 100-percent Pauline doctrine christian. I give no regard to holy days, what I eat, what music I listen to, what I wear, whom I have sex with as long as it is woman and the relationship is consensual, etc, My doctrine is just incorruptible. Absolutely nothing in regard to the law. So, yes you are right that there are an elect few who have been selected unto grace but your error is in thinking that they were literal Israelites and have gone with history and would not be in the present time. Well, you are "speaking" to one of them. cool
yea, vain babblings. Just your own opinion, the book of James was clear, you are serving something else and not the God in the bible. Prove to me you are an elect? With scripture backings, you just said your own opinion up there, quote the bible to prove your points.

And secondly, there is nothing like spiritual Israel.
Re: How Did Jesus Fulfill The Law Of Moses? by harbiola1(m): 7:48am On Dec 15, 2013
okeyxyz:

Who art thou

okeyxyz:
^^^

Jesus:
Matthew 5:17-20. 17. THINK NOT that i've come to destroy the LAW, or the PROPHETS, i am not come to DESTROY, but to FULFIL.
What saith thou

okeyxyz:
You say Paul did not condemn the law?? WRONG!!!
^^^
Jesus:
19. WHOSOEVER therefore shall break ONE of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called the LEAST in the kingdom of heaven..."

okeyxyz:
There is just only one way that anybody today will see and believe in absolute grace without the law and that is from the letters of Paul.
You mean Jesus was talking about

okeyxyz:
Every other book in the bible we have today does not make a categorical statement nor a reasonable case for grace.
Law brings grace!!!

okeyxyz:
The doctrine of grace today would not exist without Paul's letters. Paul was an absolute grace preacher and encourage people to be like himself,
Jesus never told Paul to do this, infact, they never met.
What did those that dine/wine with Jesus said

okeyxyz:
though he also allowed people whose conscience and faith were not firmly grounded in grace to continue gradually, as if there were still some remnants of the law that were still active.
Are you following Jesus or Paul.
You can't follow the two in this regard cos one said Law and the other said Grace.

okeyxyz:
But as far as he(Paul) was concerned the law was dead and abolished.

^^^
Jesus:
18. for verily i say unto you, till HEAVEN and EARTH pass, one JOT or or one TITTLE shall in no wise pass from the LAW till all be FULFIL.
What saith thou

okeyxyz:
Faith just has no regards to works of the law, but to demonstrate that you have faith you must show the works of your faith.
How

okeyxyz:
James was not talking about works of the law but of faith.
Who says, You or Paul

okeyxyz:
The works of faith is demonstrated by living as though you have no regard for the law.
^^^
Jesus:
18. for verily i say unto you, till HEAVEN and EARTH pass, one JOT or or one TITTLE shall in no wise pass from the LAW till all be FULFIL.
What saith thou, Has heaven and Earth passed if not check urself.

okeyxyz:
Where the law says "You must not eat meat offered to idols..." I say "rubbish, the earth is the lord's and everything in it. All things are sanctified to the elect...
Lol, smart thou!

okeyxyz:
"I go ahead to "demolish" the food with my mouth and stomach grin grin.
No funny bro, it's very wrong.

okeyxyz:
You see, that is the works of faith, in defiance to the works of the law which would demanded abstinence from such food.
And in defiance to Jesus' statement.
okeyxyz:
Regarding the elect, I am an elect. I am a 100-percent, absolute grace christian. I totally disregard the law of Moses as is interpreted by the world.
^^^
Jesus:
Matthew 5:17-20. 17. THINK NOT that i've come to destroy the LAW, or the PROPHETS, i am not come to DESTROY, but to FULFIL.
Jesus warns thou though.

okeyxyz:
I am a 100-percent Pauline doctrine christian. I give no regard to holy days, what I eat, what music I listen to, what I wear, whom I have sex with as long as it is woman and the relationship is consensual, etc, My doctrine is just incorruptible.
You're OYO!

okeyxyz:
Absolutely nothing in regard to the law. So, yes you are right that there are an elect few who have been selected unto grace but your error is in thinking that they were literal Israelites and have gone with history and would not be in the present time. Well, you are "speaking" to one of them. cool

Jesus:
20. for i say to you that UNLESS your righteousness exceeds the the righteousness of the scribes and pharisees, you will by no means ENTER the kingdom of heaven.
Hope you don't want to deceive youself

The is no way your righteousness could reach let alone exceed thatof pharisees without LAW.

Check ur bible, the true Disciples never apandoned the law till they were dead.

So, WHO ART THOU

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why i do not believe in the existence of a god / Science Is A Pure Scam !!!! See Photo / Do You Know Jesus. "Question" Does Jesus Know You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.