Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,892 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:06 AM

Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. (16926 Views)

Ekiti Lawmakers Teargassed / Buhari Worships At Imo State House Chapel (PHOTOS) / PHOTOS: Tambuwal Teargassed At House Of Assembly Premesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by kel4soft: 11:24am On Dec 12, 2013
About 22 Pro-Amaechi lawmakers tried to commence seating on Moscow Road since they were refused entering into the chambers because the Police barricaded the premises. So decide to hold their session on the road (moscow road) before they were dispersed by the Police with tear gas"

Tear gas everywhere around Moscow Rd, R/S Judiciary and other areas, I am in the court premises can perceive tear gas and hear gun shots.

The police in Rivers today disrupted a sitting of the Rivers state House of Assembly who were holding plenary for the first time since July when the House was sealed.

Twenty-five of the 26 members of the House loyal to embattled Governor Rotimi Amaechi had converged on the Assembly earlier today to sit in compliance with a high court order barring the National Assembly from taking over the functions of the Assembly.

But as the lawmakers tried to gain entry, the police quickly descended on the Assembly and sealed off the complex.

The lawmakers then decided to hold their sitting outside the complex.

But the police suddenly began shooting teargas and live ammunition at the lawmakers who quickly took to their heels scampering for safety.

It is not known yet whether anyone was injured.

The deputy speaker of the Assembly, Leyii Kwani, who presided over the sitting could not be reached for comments.

But the state Commissioner of Information, Ibim Semenitari confirmed the incident.

She said, “It is an indication of the impunity ravaging the country and a clear indication that the PDP under the present leadership has lost all forms of democratic conduct.

They can’t even pretend to wear a mien of civility rather they are practising jackboot governance and repression worse than we have ever seen under the military.”

Ms. Semenitari said she would issue a full statement on the incident later.

Details later…

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/151354-breaking-fresh-confusion-in-rivers-as-police-shoot-live-ammunition-teargas-at-state-lawmakers.html
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by fijiano202(m): 11:30am On Dec 12, 2013
kel4soft: Details shortly
its like jonathan has seen a vision of ameachi stoping his 2015 election cos this is geting outta hand

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by emaboi(m): 11:32am On Dec 12, 2013
Shey na d politicians day shoot or na 'em body guard..
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by lincolnj88: 11:39am On Dec 12, 2013
grin thugs vs touts

9 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by BabaEleko(m): 11:41am On Dec 12, 2013
goodness
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by sopoundz(m): 11:42am On Dec 12, 2013
Ah!
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by stebell(m): 11:46am On Dec 12, 2013
@ OP, let me help yu.
Information reaching me said the pro Amaechi lawmakers had gone to de HOA to commence sitting. But on getting there, they met heavily armed police personnel who refused them entry. Also, there were some youths in their numbers who were also there but my source didnt say which side they are on.

The pro Amaechi lawmakers proceeded by getting sits for themselves and sat on the moscow road to hold there meeeting/sitting. The police citing them and to forestall further tension released some canisters of teargas to disperse the lawmakers and de crowd.

As i write frm de comfort of my home with a cup of pop corn and a bottle of coke, my sources on the ground said for now there is relative peace as both the lawmakers and de crowd have left the area.

If yu are in PH and driving, pls avoid Moscow road as both the judiciary end and de civic ccentre end hv been blocked.

Pls note the 5 or 6 Anti Amaechi lawmakers were not available there at the moscow road as at the tym of filing this report

More details coming your way as things unfold.

10 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by otokx(m): 11:49am On Dec 12, 2013
stebell: @ OP, let me help yu.
Information reaching me said the pro Amaechi lawmakers had gone to de HOA to commence sitting. But on getting there, they met heavily armed police personnel who refused them entry. Also, there were some youths in their numbers who were also there but my source didnt say which side they are on.

The pro Amaechi lawmakers proceeded by getting sits for themselves and sat on the moscow road to hold there meeeting/sitting. The police siting them and to forestall further tension released some cannisters of teargas to dispel but the lawmakers and de crowd.

As i write frm de comfort of my home with a cup of pop corn and a bottle of coke, my sources on the ground said for now there is relative peace as both the lawmakers and de crowd have left the area.

If yu are in PH and driving, pls avoid Moscow road as both the judiciary end and de civic ccentre end hv been blocked.

That Moscow area is always having political issues and it is such a vital area that ordinary citizens cannot avoid.
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by DrOBD(m): 11:54am On Dec 12, 2013
PH is now a war zone.....
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by sluvy4tune(m): 11:56am On Dec 12, 2013
GEJ IS TAKING THIS WAR FAR

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by stebell(m): 11:59am On Dec 12, 2013
Dr_OBD: PH is now a war zone.....

point of correction it is not yet a war zone.

All i see are greedy politicians fighting over positions and money.
I jus wished they were fighting over which projects to do and which not to do

As i write, honestly PH is in shambles.

I hear peeps saying Amaechi did this, he did that. To be honest those projects were done in his first tenure.
This second tenure is nothing to write home about.

14 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by vanguard1(m): 11:59am On Dec 12, 2013
This is all amaechi's fault, he has abandoned his primary assignment of governance so as to chase sefish political gains. I pity Rivers state, Amaechi have annihilated the state.

8 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by alaoeri: 12:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
Dr_OBD: PH is now a war zone.....
Blame it on GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by kel4soft: 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
stebell: @ OP, let me help yu.

The pro Amaechi lawmakers proceeded by getting sits for themselves and sat on the moscow road to hold there meeeting/sitting. The police citing them and to forestall further tension released some canisters of teargas to disperse the lawmakers and de crowd.

Pls note the 5 or 6 Anti Amaechi lawmakers were not available there at the moscow road as at the tym of filing this report

Men am scared to know what will happen further. I will just pass through old GRA, then Ogbunabali then back to my house at Woji. Am done with work today.
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by stebell(m): 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
From the pix above, it seems that those youths present @ Moscow road were pro Amaechi youths.

I dont hink Anti Amaechi youths wud hv allowed them to sit on the road to to hold any meeting.
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by alaoeri: 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
vanguard1: This is all amaechi's fault, he has abandoned his primary assignment of governance so as to chase sefish political gains. I pity Rivers state, Amaechi have annihilated the state.
Sharrap blame it on GEJ, why will 5law makers out of 32 wanna impeach a sitting governor with support from Abuja?

8 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by 4Wilywily: 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
kel4soft:
Men I scared to know what will happen further. I will just pass through old GRA, then Ogbunabali then back to my house at Woji. Am done with work today.
Why are you afraid,
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by donphilopus: 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
Na only Amaechi get dis ones!!!
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Tolexander: 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
This is serious.
Can someone go there to take the motion picture of the incidence?
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by donphilopus: 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
Tolexander: This is serious.
Can someone go there to take the motion picture of the incidence?
Lol.. Picture kini!!!
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by kel4soft: 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
stebell:

point of correction it is not yet a war zone.

All i see are greedy politicians fighting over positions and money.
I jus wished they were fighting over which projects to do and which not to do

As i write, honestly PH is in shambles.

I hear peeps saying Amaechi did this, he did that. To be honest those projects were done in his first tenure.
This second tenure is nothing to write home about.

You are a liar! if you say he hasn't done anything in his second tenure. You need to know, his second tenure is just half way. Infact he has done more in this tenure than the first.

Most of the roads he is reconstructing and constructing including the ones in Greater Port harcourt in this second tenure are more than the constructed in the second tenure.

Those roads in his first tenure can't be more than the ones currently going on and some completed like the dualisation of Eliozu, Nkpogu, Okro Abuloma, all roads in D/Lines roads with walk ways and street lights both at Old GRA. Now what of the on going Rumukrushi-Eneka road, Diobu-Eagle Island road with a bridge. Iwofe dualisation, Ogbogoro, Elipranwo and so many I can't start naming.

Maybe you are blind to see the dualisation of Garrsion-TransAmadi-Woji-Eastwest road going on by RCC. When last did you pass YKC junction or Slaughter? Stop peddling lies. Even the construction of those Secondary Schools look alike University in every LGA's have been completed more in this second tenure (only 1 completed in 1st tenure and 4 second tenure).

The Ogoni-Andoni-Opobo with Unity road with 13 bridges is faster in this second tenure than the first with 10 bridges already completed not ordinary bridge. Bridges along creeks, swamps and sum seas like the Oyorokoto axis.

If Port Harcourt is in shambles, is it Amaechi's fault. When he was in charge of security under Yaradua and early part of GEJ. Where we not living in peace? So if they must remove Amaechi. Why through illegality as supported by you and your cronies? If you don't like Amaechi, is your choice but don't come here to paint a picture that he is hated by people in our state.

You should be ashame of yourself for supporting blindly. Now, Wike you are supporting is busy fighting and disrupting his state without bringing any FG present in our state. Our Minister of Works a PDP member is competing with Edo State Govt on road construction. You see the difference?

You should be more concern or when east-west will be completed and ask your people which FG project is in the state.

Infact, I would want more of Amaechi in my state.
That is my take!

Let's see who owns Rivers without Police intimidation.

62 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by yorke1: 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nice one! This has been long over due. It's time for Ameachi and his fortitude of thieves in APC to know who thoroughly the BOSS is. GEJ use everything within and outside your means to scatter their gathering if it's against your 2nd term ambition. Ameachi has seen nothing yet. Wait for 2015 to come proper. Rubbish!!!

8 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
Amaechi this, Amaechi that....is Amaechi the only state governor in Nigeria ?.....Seriously we are tired of this Amaechi seasonal movie...He should just face the issue of governance because that is exactly what he was voted in to do.

6 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by king94(m): 12:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
It seems d police only fear a breakdown of law and order when it is pro-Amaechi. They don't seem to be bothered when the pro-Wike camp hold their rallies. This is a case of double standards by d police.

7 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by kel4soft: 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
Enigma17: Amaechi this, Amaechi that....is Amaechi the only state governor in Nigeria ?.....Seriously we are tired of this Amaechi seasonal movie...He should just face the issue of governance because that is exactly what he was voted in to do.

But, he can not face it cos the police just barricaded the state house of assembly where 2014 budget was supposed to be pass. Police harrasing all APC members. Stay away from Rivers politics, if you don't have any meaningful thing to say.

3 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Dlionsheart: 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
alaoeri:
Blame it on GEJ.

YOUR MADNESS DON START NOW AGAIN OR

YOU FORGOT TO TAKE YOUR DRUGS THIS MORNING

10 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Gamji007: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
It seems GEJ is hell bent on making Rivers state ungovernable for Amaechi. With his small brain, he always starts what he cannot finish. Due to the violent nature of GEJ,especially in Rivers, I can see a link between GEJ and Boko haram. Thank God Amaechi is not a northerner, he would have been blackmailed to be a major sponsor of Boko haram!

7 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Lilimax(f): 12:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
The whole thing is getting messed up angry
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by alaoeri: 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
D lion'sheart:

YOUR MADNESS DON START NOW AGAIN OR

YOU FORGOT TO TAKE YOUR DRUGS THIS MORNING
Who let this dog out? undecided

13 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
Rivers a political war zone Amaechi shud Pls resign......

8 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by kel4soft: 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
youngprofdguru: Rivers a political war zone Amaechi shud Pls resign......

Don't worry, he will. When GEJ resigns first.

8 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by kel4soft: 1:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
4Wilywily:
Why are you afraid,

I love my life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

John Dyegh Declares ‎Speakership Bid / ECOWAS Court Declares Suspension Of Twitter In Nigeria Unlawful / Tinubu Sympathises With Parents Of Ivan Omhonrina Killed By Stray Bullet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.