Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match (4468 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? / Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by tzege: 1:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
The ease with which Neymar outclassed, out thought and exposed Efe during last nights champions league game @ the Nou camp suggests that the 'Big boss' had better Ωǿτ̅ be celebrating our qualification for the mundial except we are just going there to make up the numbers! Almost every participating country as a standout performer been looked up to come the summer e.g. Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi, Rooney, Balotelli, Yaya Toure, Gyan etc abeg who we get? Smh
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by texaco1: 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
dont worry ,
once bitten twice shy .efe knows better now and he has learnt his lesson . keshi will work on efe mistakes before the world cup and by then he will be a better player than he is now

1 Like

Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by Adamskuty(m): 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
tzege: The ease with which Neymar outclassed, out thought and exposed Efe during last nights champions league game @ the Nou camp suggests that the 'Big boss' had better Ωǿτ̅ be celebrating our qualification for the mundial except we are just going there to make up the numbers! Almost every participating country as a standout performer been looked up to come the summer e.g. Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi, Rooney, Balotelli, Yaya Toure, Gyan etc abeg who we get? Smh
who's gyan? See this guy oo ,is emenike and ikechukwu uche not better than gyan,add moses and onazi there.

1 Like

Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by Adamskuty(m): 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
If keshi knows what he's doing,he should better call up that liverpool defender to play for 9ja,assuring him that we will make the worldcup squad and feature among the first 11.

The guy will grab the offer sharp sharp,every player wanna play on the big stage
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by texaco1: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
Adamskuty: If keshi knows what he's doing,he should better call up that liverpool defender to play for 9ja,assuring him that we will make the worldcup squad and feature among the first 11.

The guy will grab the offer sharp sharp,every player wanna play on the big stage
what about the guys that labored to qualify ?football is a team work and we should all relax.
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by safarigirl(f): 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
tzege: The ease with which Neymar outclassed, out thought and exposed Efe during last nights champions league game @ the Nou camp suggests that the 'Big boss' had better Ωǿτ̅ be celebrating our qualification for the mundial except we are just going there to make up the numbers! Almost every participating country as a standout performer been looked up to come the summer e.g. Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi, Rooney, Balotelli, Yaya Toure, Gyan etc abeg who we get? Smh
the worst mistake anyone can make is to use club games to judge how one plays in the national team. If we went by that, Moses wouldn't be in our squad, neither would Emenike even. Certain people play with more zeal for club than country eg Messi, while others play with more zeal for country eg Moses. Also, you can feed off your team mates, the Celtic team isn't Real Madrid or even Ajax by any standards, Efe wasn't the only defender there and he won't be the only one in the Nigerian team, if we go by your logic, whichever player in Celtic that qualified for the WC should be dropped, besides with a World class goalie like Enyeama, no useless defense can make 6 goals enter.

3 Likes

Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by striker9(m): 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sorry but you didn't make any sense,Efe had a bad game and you are already judging him.Even Yaya you mentioned had a bad game against Southampton which led to his removal and I think he was left out against the side that played bayern.,Kompany a world class defender was embarrassed by Osvaldo.Efe plays Right full back for naija not the centre back he plays for Celtic.Though Keshi needs to work more on the defense,did I hear you say Gyan?oh God.
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by tzege: 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
@ striker9: It's unfortunate that since Ɣ☺ΰ' claim to be the one making sense, Ɣ☺ΰ' couldn't glean from my post that Ȋ̝̊̅̄ wasn't judging Efe based on that match. My two cents was that Keshi would have to work more on his defence if we are Ωǿτ̅ merely going to make up the numbers in brazil. And Yaya was Ωǿτ̅ left outa the squad cos he had a bad game but because he was suspended for the match! And Ɣξs, Ȋ̝̊̅̄ did say gyan (much better than moses - my opinion)
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by safarigirl(f): 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
tzege: @ striker9: It's unfortunate that since Ɣ☺ΰ' claim to be the one making sense, Ɣ☺ΰ' couldn't glean from my post that Ȋ̝̊̅̄ wasn't judging Efe based on that match. My two cents was that Keshi would have to work more on his defence if we are Ωǿτ̅ merely going to make up the numbers in brazil. And Yaya was Ωǿτ̅ left outa the squad cos he had a bad game but because he was suspended for the match! And Ɣξs, Ȋ̝̊̅̄ did say gyan (much better than moses - my opinion)
this doesn't make any more sense than your first post. How can you claim to know football, yet you single out one person in an 11-man team for criticism and end with Keshi needs to work on the defence, is our defence limited to one person? Sure, a little fine tuning is needed here and there, same with every other team going for that World Cup, but your logic is either incorrect or lacks clarity. Btw, Gyan is better than Moses? You need to stop smoking cheap weed bros
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by texaco1: 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
safarigirl: this doesn't make any more sense than your first post. How can you claim to know football, yet you single out one person in an 11-man team for criticism and end with Keshi needs to work on the defence, is our defence limited to one person? Sure, a little fine tuning is needed here and there, same with every other team going for that World Cup, but your logic is either incorrect or lacks clarity. Btw, Gyan is better than Moses? You need to stop smoking cheap weed bros
abeg stop comparing that disco dancer called gyan to any of our strikers , even ideye or whatever is name is is far better than gyan.
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by safarigirl(f): 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
texaco1: abeg stop comparing that disco dancer called gyan to any of our strikers , even ideye or whatever is name is is far better than gyan.
My point exactly, it's the OP who thinks Gyan is better than Moses, even Iheanacho is better than Gyan

1 Like

Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
I kept laughing like a Yaba Left patient yesterday.

Three words:

Poor Old Ambrose.
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by texaco1: 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
safarigirl: My point exactly, it's the OP who thinks Gyan is better than Moses, even Iheanacho is better than Gyan
it is most likely that the op is a Ghanian , only Ghanians adore that gyan.he would never have entered our national team if he was a nigerian
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by LogansShadow: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
You don't judge players based on a match.
This same guy has played for times against fcb 3 times against messi,2 times against neymar and you want to start critiscizing coz of one match
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by safarigirl(f): 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logan's shadow:
You don't judge players based on a match.
This same guy has played for times against fcb 3 times against messi,2 times against neymar and you want to start critiscizing coz of one match
I like your username. Don't mind the OP, like say na only Ambrose dey that team
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by texaco1: 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
safarigirl: I like your username. Don't mind the OP, like say na only Ambrose dey that team
to make matters worse he is even comparing a disco dancer to yaya toure and eto grin grin grin
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by LogansShadow: 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
safarigirl: I like your username. Don't mind the OP, like say na only Ambrose dey that team
I agree and thankssmiley,yours is cool too.
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
Logan's shadow:

I agree and thankssmiley,yours is cool too.

Na so im de start..like play like play...2 of you don forget Asamoa Gyan..she likes your username and you think hers is cool..from sports to romance...oya pm her and get her digits...safari at yankari for the two of you wont be bad..

2 Likes

Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by tzege: 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
Why the 'f' should Ȋ̝̊̅̄ be bothered about the remaining outfield players of the celtic team? Na dem go play for Nigeria? Like him or Ωǿτ̅ , Efe ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ an integral part of the S.E. First choice back line and the form they take to brazil will determine whether we cheer or don't.
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by safarigirl(f): 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
tzege: Why the 'f' should Ȋ̝̊̅̄ be bothered about the remaining outfield players of the celtic team? Na dem go play for Nigeria? Like him or Ωǿτ̅ , Efe ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ an integral part of the S.E. First choice back line and the form they take to brazil will determine whether we cheer or don't.
like someone rightly said, it's wrong to base conclusions on one game, prior to yesterday's game a lot of people thought Neymar was slacking, not so? Besides, there are no guarantees that Efe will make first eleven come June. @gbosaa, na you get yourself for that one
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by naijanoni(m): 6:52am On Dec 13, 2013
tzege: Why the 'f' should Ȋ̝̊̅̄ be bothered about the remaining outfield players of the celtic team? Na dem go play for Nigeria? Like him or Ωǿτ̅ , Efe ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ an integral part of the S.E. First choice back line and the form they take to brazil will determine whether we cheer or don't.
So gyan who plays for a useless club is the stand-out player for ghana,then we have a better hope.How is gyan better than moses or emenike currently huh ?.Emenike is scoring week in week out for fenerbahce,gyan is playing in a useless club.Emenike has d best goal per game ratio in africa this year.8 goals in 10 appearances for nigeria this year.No african striker including gyan beats that.The most consistent striker in africa this year.So tell me on what basis is gyan currently better than our players ?.Stand-out players for nigeria include mikel,enyeama(best goalie in europe dis season) e.t.c.
So if disco-dancer gyan is ghana's stand out player,we have a better hop
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by striker9(m): 11:20am On Dec 13, 2013
tzege: @ striker9: It's unfortunate that since Ɣ☺ΰ' claim to be the one making sense, Ɣ☺ΰ' couldn't glean from my post that Ȋ̝̊̅̄ wasn't judging Efe based on that match. My two cents was that Keshi would have to work more on his defence if we are Ωǿτ̅ merely going to make up the numbers in brazil. And Yaya was Ωǿτ̅ left outa the squad cos he had a bad game but because he was suspended for the match! And Ɣξs, Ȋ̝̊̅̄ did say gyan (much better than moses - my opinion)
You weren't judging Efe but you singled him out,and decided to open a thread after a bad game against barca.Was Yaya suspended against southampton when he was removed?which made him angry and left for dressing room immediately,every player has a bad day.I will gladly pick Bance over Gyan anyday anytime,stop hyping that dude abeg.
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by striker9(m): 11:23am On Dec 13, 2013
gbosaa:

Na so im de start..like play like play...2 of you don forget Asamoa Gyan..she likes your username and you think hers is cool..from sports to romance...oya pm her and get her digits...safari at yankari for the two of you wont be bad..
I think someone is jealous,lol.
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by babyboy3(m): 2:08pm On Dec 13, 2013

GYAN grin grin grin

The main fact here is that the pitch grass in Brazil is harder and will be left to grow longer and wont be cut as short as what we see in Europe, and wetting the grass will not happen unless it rains, so all the silky moves you see in Europe will disappear and your ability on the ball will be questioned
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by chinex276(m): 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
bcoz of 1 o.c
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by SantaMafia: 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
texaco1: only Ghanians adore that gyan.he would never have entered our national team if he wasanigerian
LOL now I know nigerians are truly fvcked/deluded!Gyan was a top scorer in w/cup qualifiers.how many did moses/ihenacho score?
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by SantaMafia: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
texaco1: it is most likely that the op is a Ghanian,only Ghanians adore that gyan.he would never have entered our national team if he was a nigerian
so tell me,what evidence do you have to support your assumption d OP is Ghanaian?
Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by safarigirl(f): 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
SantaMafia: LOL now I know nigerians are truly fvcked/deluded!Gyan was a top scorer in w/cup qualifiers.how many did moses/ihenacho score?
Moses is a midfielder and Iheanacho is an U-17 striker, if you want to know Iheanacho's scoring abilities, go and ask your U-17 boys. I repeat, Iheanacho is better than Gyan, agree or choke on banku.

2 Likes

Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by naijanoni(m): 8:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
SantaMafia: LOL now I know nigerians are truly fvcked/deluded!Gyan was a top scorer in w/cup qualifiers.how many did moses/ihenacho score?
I'm talking about matches played this year.Talking about goal per game/goal per starts ratio for matches played this year emenike is no.1 in africa.Eight goals in Eight starts for nigeria this year.He averaged one goal for every match he started this year.i.e he scores in almost every match he STARTS for nigeria.That cant be said about gyan or any striker in africa.Gyan is one of the most inconsistent strikers.If he scores in one match,it would be in the next 2 or 3 matches he'll score next.Emenike scores in almost every match he STARTS.Gyan was highest scorer in qualifiers.Half of the worldcup qualifying matches were played mid last year.Emenike featured in only 3 worldcup qualifying matches due to injury.And he scored 3 goals in those 3 matches.
Currently emenike is a more lethal striker than gyan.
As i'm typing this he just scored for fenerbahce.He scored last week,he scored last two weeks.He now scores almost every week.
Superb for nigeria,superb for club.I doubt if gyan would even make the starting XI of fenerbahce.

1 Like

Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by naijanoni(m): 9:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
It was when our Golden eaglets(U/17) flogged asamoah gyan's club al ain 3-0 in a preparatory match for d U/17 worldcup that i realized how useless al ain is.Gyan played 90 minutes in that match and he hardly got a shot on target.No wonder he had already concluded the golden eaglets would win the world cup right from the quarter-finals.Becos he and his amateur team-mates were clueless against dose small boys.

2 Likes

Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by naijanoni(m): 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
Moses is a midfielder not a No.9.Compare him with ayew or asamoah not gyan.Iheanacho is an U/17 attacking midfielder.Compare like for like.Striker vs striker.Emenike vs Gyan.

1 Like

Re: Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match by solowork: 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
Yes it's true

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Surebet247 ...... Where Is My Payout? / Why Do People Get So Crazy About Football: ? / 12 Reasons Why Ronaldo Is Better Than Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.