Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Tips On Moving With The Kids - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tips On Moving With The Kids (9930 Views)

Tips On Moving With The Kids / Interior Decorating Tips By Multicolour Interiordezine / Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On Moving With The Kids by mearsk: 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
As the year has come to an end some of us already have our move to a new house planned for this month of December.

Have in mind that moving is a very difficult phase especially when the kids are involved, this is because many kids thrive on familiarity and routine, so as you consider a move weigh the benefits of that move against the comfort that the already established surroundings, school, and social life have given your kids.

A decision to move may be caused by different reasons. The decision to move might however be out of your hands probably due to a job transfer or financial issues, even if you’re not happy about the move try to maintain a positive attitude about it because parents’ moods and attitude often have a great effect on the kids.

PREPARING THE KIDS FOR THE MOVE
The most important way of preparing kids for a move is discussing it over with them. Try to give them as much information about the move as possible and answer all questions they ask truthfully. Also involving them in the planning as much as possible makes them feel like participants in the house-hunting process or school search. This can make the change feel less like it is being forced on them. If the property you are moving to is close by then take them to visit the site and neighborhood.

MOVING WITH TODDLERS

Kids under the age of 6 can be the easiest to move as they barely understand the changes involved but still your guidance is crucial.

Here are some tips on easing transition for young children.

Keep explanations clear and simple.
Use a story to explain the move through toys, furniture or acting it out
When you pack your toddler's toys in boxes, make sure to explain that you aren't throwing them away.
Hold off on getting rid of your child's old bedroom furniture, which may provide a sense of comfort in the new house. It might even be a good idea to arrange furniture in a similar way in the new bedroom
Avoid making other big changes during the move, like toilet training or advancing a toddler to a bed from a crib.
Arrange for your toddler or preschooler to stay with a babysitter on moving day.
·

MOVING WITH TEENS
It is common for teens to rebel actively against a move. This is because your teen has probably invested a considerable energy in a particular social group or might be involved in a romantic relationship. A move might mean that the teen might miss a long awaited event like prom.

It's particularly important to let teens know that you want to hear their concerns and that you respect them. It's important to suggest that the move can serve as rehearsal for future changes, like college or a new job. However, also be sure to let them know that you hear their concerns.

After the move consider planning a visit to the old community if it’s feasible. Also see if the teen can return for events such as prom.

If you’re moving midway through a school year, you may want to consider letting the older teen stay with a friend or relative in the old location if that’s possible.

SOME TIPS TO MAKE YOUR MOVE EASIER

Prepare the kids for what to expect.

Let the kids help you pack.

Have a goodbye party.

Don't rush yourself.

Take the kids' concerns seriously.

Time your move.

Pack a special bag of favorite toys and activities.

Label boxes of kids' stuff very clearly.

Make it an adventure.

A move can present many challenges, but good things also come from this kind of change. Your family might grow closer and you may learn more about each other by going through it together.

Have a nice day.

http://www.eazyhc.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=100&Itemid=13

4 Likes

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by snika: 12:06am On Dec 13, 2013
No kids yet. wink

Nice copy and post though smiley

Please all Igbo people living in diaspora:

Take your kids home at least for this Christmas. Don't raise bastards that call their own tribe ibo, and call i as h, and h as i.

If you don't go home now then don't complain when Fashola and Tinubu 'deports' you.

We won't support you because you have taken your origin for granted, and since your only contribution to the Igbo nation is just bearing an Igbo name, we owe you nothing.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by elothaddi(m): 12:07am On Dec 13, 2013
Is this tip for 9ja pple in 9ja ? Naaa, I don't think so.

3 Likes

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 13, 2013
snika: Okay ;;

Go and die, sorry go and sleep.

snika: No kids yet. wink

Nice copy and post though smiley

Please all Igbo people living in diaspora:

Take your kids home at least for this Christmas. Don't raise bastards that call their own tribe ibo, and call i as h, and h as i.

If you don't go home now then don't complain when Fashola and Tinubu 'deports' you.

We won't support you because you have taken your origin for granted, and since your only contribution to the Igbo nation is just bearing an Igbo name, we owe you nothing.

Thank you.

Your type, are the ones that celebrate halloween, do baby showers, America's thanksgiving and other bullshit that has nothing to do wit 9ja.
Prom ko, promotion ni.

Bastardizing Nigeria, inferiority complex is a b***h
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by rioemmanuel(m): 12:10am On Dec 13, 2013
okay!
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by onihaxy: 12:12am On Dec 13, 2013
Too long to read. Can someone pls tell me the summary?

And again, abeg wetin be the meaning of OP?
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 13, 2013
onihaxy: Too long to read. Can someone pls tell me the summary?

I think it means Original Poster.
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 13, 2013

LEARNER!!! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Kaydem(m): 12:16am On Dec 13, 2013
will this really work in context of 9ja

1 Like

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 13, 2013
Copy nd paste crap!

1 Like

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 13, 2013
Imagine this was placed in the property section angry

Since when did Kids become properties ehn @Op

1 Like

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 13, 2013

I thunk it meant "Owner of post"..
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by onihaxy: 12:29am On Dec 13, 2013
freedom@last:

I think it means Original Poster.

I guess we are both learners. Cos sum1else said it means "owner of post" though I don't know if he is right ooo
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 13, 2013
Hahahahahaha..
Jux read the article..
OP..
I pirry U..

In this Naija that i know..
Nigerians don't av time for all this..

Nigerians are very practical..

Parents be like *hays we are packing nextweek..

End of story..
Complain make them use frying pan stone u...

Guess u've been watching too much oyibo films..
That's y u decided to copy n paste..

11 Likes

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Ruq: 1:19am On Dec 13, 2013

Original Poster/Post.
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 13, 2013
Prom & Goodbye party in 9ja? grin grin Abeg whenever posts are being sent to the FP they should be checked to see if they match the system and way of life in our community.
If i hear say my papa tell you say em wan pack you com follow am dey drag, e go be like film trick wen you do Christmas for hospital.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by jasmine01s: 1:24am On Dec 13, 2013
lwkmd
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 2:09am On Dec 13, 2013

Everything is too long to read these days.
I wonder where you were during your English classes that you didn't learn about skimming passages. Smh
These children of this generation

1 Like

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Iceslizer(f): 2:41am On Dec 13, 2013
n
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by mauricerex: 3:30am On Dec 13, 2013
Here in naija no way our children are something else maybe by 2014 dey may understand dis post
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 4:32am On Dec 13, 2013
chai! 4:30am? o boy make i go sleep jor. Nairaland, you no go kill me *yawns like a dog*
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 4:36am On Dec 13, 2013

OP Means Olodo Poki.
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Aromas: 4:40am On Dec 13, 2013

Nawa o
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 13, 2013
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Kelvin0(m): 5:03am On Dec 13, 2013
. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by ladyju(f): 5:06am On Dec 13, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

I thunk it meant "Owner of post"..

Leaner

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Kelvin0(m): 5:07am On Dec 13, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: Hahahahahaha..
Jux read the article..
OP..
I pirry U..

End of story..

grin grin grin too much oyibo film, true talk

1 Like

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by ayde: 5:22am On Dec 13, 2013
Herodion: chai! 4:30am? o boy make i go sleep jor. Nairaland, you no go kill me *yawns like a dog*

cheesy cheesy na wa o!
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Ishilove: 5:53am On Dec 13, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: Hahahahahaha..
Jux read the article..
OP..
I pirry U..

End of story..

Lmao!! You don tok am finish. We moved around a lot when I was very young. Each time it was close, my parents would inform us to start gathering our 'valuables' (toys, playground relics, story books etc) together because if you leave anything behind, you are on your own. If you complain, mumsie will give you one kain eye like that and the complainer would shut up. End of story cheesy cheesy

The op just copied and pasted without taking into context Naija's social and cultural environment.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by destino24(m): 6:01am On Dec 13, 2013
Aromas:

So is even a true that Nigeria education sector is getting deteriorate everyday by day, if u can't read dis then 'How did u graduate 4rm high institution? Bcus I believe prjct is their 4 u guy's in ur final year. Nawa o

*faints*

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Duplexes For Sale : At Friend's Colony Estate,lekki-lagos Nigeria. / . / Walton Gate Estate, Sangotedo Ajah @#15.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.