Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Oduduwa Nation: Who Are Those Part Of It? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Nation: Who Are Those Part Of It? (912 Views)

"Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri / Obatala And Oduduwa In Ile-ife / Where Is Oduduwa Really From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oduduwa Nation: Who Are Those Part Of It? by macof(m): 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
The realization of Ile-Oodua being an independent Nation is much desired by Many Yoruba people in Nigeria

But who are those that should be part of this Nation?

The Ekiti, Ijesha, Ijebu, Ife, Oyo, Eko Awori, Yagba people etc. are all referred as Yoruba with the feeling of "ONENESS".and "FELLOWSHIP"
The Isekiri people in Delta state have a strong link with the above mentioned tribes, similarities in language and traditions with a fairly distinct Cultural practice and spirituality, not to mention historical connections

The Edo are a vast people themselves and have since the Igodomigodo era been Allies with Their Western Neighbors notably Eko Awori, Ife and Owo. With the Oba of Benin being the eldest son of Oranmiyan, making him brother to Alaafin of Oyo

Oodua descendants also live in Benin republic having established ancient Kingdoms of Ketu, Sabe and Popo.

Alaketu- being Oduduwa's eldest grandson

The Nations of Sabe and Popo have been displaced over Wars against Dahomey and The French but it's indegenes have been able to keep themselves alive.

Other Towns and communities that have major Yoruba descent are Porto-Novo(Ajase), Cotonou, Dassa, Ouidah and Alada. Mostly captured from Dahomey who were a colony of Oyo.

Other Communities exist in Togo and Ghana

Now could Benin republic be affected by Nigeria's disintegration to form a greater Oduduwa Nation?

And where do the Edo lay?
Re: Oduduwa Nation: Who Are Those Part Of It? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
When the time comes, each and every tribe will decide which way forward!
Re: Oduduwa Nation: Who Are Those Part Of It? by macof(m): 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
aanumama: When the time comes, each and every tribe will decide which way forward!

But isn't it right to think over these things now so as not to cause problems at the last moment

Let us know ourselves now
Re: Oduduwa Nation: Who Are Those Part Of It? by Pharoh: 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
It is good to discuss this now and plan for the future because it is important to know the position of every potential ethnic groups before that day comes. I am not yoruba but would not mind offering my advice if needed or you hope to discuss with only the ethnic groups that make up the yoruboid nation etc.
Re: Oduduwa Nation: Who Are Those Part Of It? by macof(m): 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
Pharoh: It is good to discuss this now and plan for the future because it is important to know the position of every potential ethnic groups before that day comes. I am not yoruba but would not mind offering my advice if needed or you hope to discuss with only the ethnic groups that make up the yoruboid nation etc.

Thanks.
And it is true people need to start thinking of this now.

Your opinions are very welcome

(1) (Reply)

Afro Diasporic Religious Music (african Religious Music In The New World) / I Grew Up In A Nigeria... / Sharing Some Music From My Neck Of The Woods (ethiopia)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.