Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets (52404 Views)

UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks / Etisalat Introduces New Data Plan / Glo New Data Plan For Smartphones And Mobile Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by bassdow: 3:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
Rexyl:

this means BIS has been able compress data at ratio 10:1 against HSI and that‘ s what make subscribers pay N1000 for a data bundle instead of N100. But I think it should be possible forthe ISPs to compress data coming through their servers so that subscribers can be provided with internets service at a very reduced and affordable cost. If Bis is assumed to have compressed data thru it by 100%, each ISP should also device a means to compress its data by at least 50%.

Never expect data compression from ISPs at this time cos it would greately affect their pockets.
Don't U realise that it would lead to lower sales in data bundles (MB) cos Someone needing 100 Mb will end up buying like 50mb which is a loss to them.
I solely believe Data compression will only come to play if the various regulatory bodies see to it's implementation.
Imagine without Data compression, network providers like MTN and the rest are scaming their numerous customers. What would happen when they starts getting lower sales in data bundles as a result of Data compression?

The only way forward for now is for We consumers to wisen up and implement Data compression ourselves. Not just data compression but also dicipline Our selves on the proper Use of resources because I have seen numerous computer users leave all their softwares on automatic update and the worst being that some of Us have computers installed with softwares that over 85% of it's installed softwares are not useful to Us or not even known to Us that they exists and yet they are all on Auto-Update.
Even with a good dicipline, one can use low data on Android devices and download from Cyber cafe's if in need of large downloads.
Even there are people whose data bundles (MB) are under utilized leading to them not being able to exhaust it before it's expiry. That wouldn't happen if you know what quota you need prior to subscribing to one.
I believe by now you will agree with Me that We the consumers also have a role to play. Lets do that first before blaming the network providers.
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by bassdow: 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
Never expect data compression from
ISPs at this time cos it would greately
affect their pockets.
Don't U realise that it would lead to lower
sales in data bundles (MB) cos Someone
needing 100 Mb will end up buying like 50mb which is a loss to them.
I solely believe Data compression will only
come to play if the various regulatory
bodies see to it's implementation.
Imagine without Data compression,
network providers like MTN and the rest are scaming their numerous customers.
What would happen when they starts
getting lower sales in data bundles as a
result of Data compression? The only way forward for now is for We
consumers to wisen up and implement
Data compression ourselves. Not just
data compression but also dicipline Our
selves on the proper Use of resources
because I have seen numerous computer users leave all their softwares on
automatic update and the worst being
that some of Us have computers installed
with softwares that over 85% of it's
installed softwares are not useful to Us or
not even known to Us that they exists and yet they are all on Auto-Update.
Even with a good dicipline, one can use
low data on Android devices and
download from Cyber cafe's if in need of
large downloads.
Even there are people whose data bundles (MB) are under utilized leading to
them not being able to exhaust it before
it's expiry. That wouldn't happen if you
know what quota you need prior to
subscribing to one.
I believe by now you will agree with Me that We the consumers also have a role
to play. Lets do that first before blaming
the network providers.
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Ekowise(m): 11:19am On Dec 27, 2013
you guys are getting one confused here. all these megabytes or kilobytes you are calling here are they for Blackberry or Android phones. or are they for BB of which one will now crack codes to use it on android phones. if so show how and stop getting people confused here.
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by iamnolongerkool: 9:11am On Jul 23, 2014
www.gnatcatchers..com is currently doing a promo of giving out free credit daily on their blog.You could be the lucky winner,all you need to do is check the site continuously for latest trends on their site...Thanks.Or you could follow this trends,because immediately the credit is posted on the blog,people are told through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1824546/free-credit-daily
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by adeneedslove: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
Pls guys what's up with the new Glo data plan 3G for 1K ?
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Abraham345(m): 7:36am On Apr 22, 2016
Glo remains the best telecomunication network in Nigeria.

I have been using Glo for 10 years now.

Chose ye a good network for yourself but as for me and my entire household, Glo we go dey use oooooooo
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Viole(f): 11:52am On Apr 22, 2016
mancheeutd:
You need to see how my Etisalat is blazing on my tab with just 1000 naira for 3gig

Pls How Manage... How Can I get it to work On My Tab?

1 Like

Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by fredie107(m): 12:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
Plan Name Price (N) Data Volume Validity SMS to 127 USSD Code
Always Micro 1,000 1.5GB 30 Days 53 *127*53#
My Phone 2,000 3GB 30 Days 55 *127*55#
So Special 2,500 4.5GB 30 Days 58 *127*58#
Always Macro 3,000 6GB 30 Days 54 *127*54#
N4,000 Data Plan 4,000 9GB 30 Days 59 *127*59#
Always Min 5,000 12GB 30 Days 11 *127*2#
Always Max 8,000 24GB 30 Days 12 *127*1#

Far better than OP's post. This is what is obtainable now. Nobody does those data plan any more in this present dispensation
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Rafob(m): 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
good day but i get 1.5gb on glo network for just 1000 naira and it is working well. just dial *777# follow up to buy after you might load 1000 naira.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CWM Recovery For Tecno N3 and Tecno P3 / MTN4G: Cow Painted MTN Colour (Photo) / Infinix Compares Ronaldo And Messi, Receives Backlash.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.