Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,044 members, 7,799,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron (14426 Views)

Fayose Blasts Obasanjo For Always Begging For Political Favours / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
I’ll Sue Obasanjo For Calling Me Drug Baron -Kashamu

The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party Campaign and Mobilisation Committee in the South West, Prince Buruji Kashamu has vowed to drag former president Olusegun Obasanjo before the court for referring to him as a drug baron in the ex-president’s letter to President Goodluck Jonathan, which was made public on Wednesday.

Obasanjo, had in his 18-page letter to Jonathan referred to Kashamu as a wanted drug baron who should not be seen associating with the president.

But Kashamu, who is also the financier of the PDP in Obasanjo’s home state of Ogun, vowed to take immediate legal action against Obasanjo.

Kashamu told our correspondent on Thursday that he would be instituting a libel suit against the former president for denigrating his person.

He said, “I do not know what extradiction Baba Obasanjo is talking about. We are already in court over a different case. With this one, he’s in for a big libel. Of course, I’m going to sue him immediately. Obasanjo is not above the law, so there is no reason why I will not sue him. By tomorrow we’ll be in court because that is the last resort for an aggrieved person.”

Kashamu added in a statement by his Media Adviser, Austin Oniyokor that “Obasanjo has not said anything new. It is all part of the old worn-out blackmail that Kashamu’s political adversaries have been peddling. Anyone who knows Obasanjo’s antecedents will agree with me that it is only typical of him to turn round to call the same man that he wined and dined with in the past names.

“When Kashamu teamed up with him against former Governor Gbenga Daniel, he was a good man. When he worked with him to produce the platform that his (OBJ’s) anointed candidate, Maj.-Gen. Tunji Olurin, used during the 2011 elections, he was a good man. Indeed, he praised him to high heavens and openly prayed that God will reward his labour for the party and humanity.”

Punch.

Source

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2013

25 Likes

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
old mugus again! Chaim Nigeria and Expired politician
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
Baba OBJ, let's be honest, na you bring Kashamu and handed over the political structure of Ogun State to Buruji Kashamu. When he was financing Olurin's campaign against Daniel he was a good man abi.

We all know he is a drug baron, but he did not just become a drug baron overnight. The honest truth is that PDP is a party of drug barons, scammers, fraudsters etc.

17 Likes

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by olabukola: 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2013
Abeg make them no start Awo and Akintola feud again ooh.
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Obiagu1(m): 11:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
Obasanjo is just mad because he has lost influence both in the SW and the national PDP.

A control freak calling someone he installed a drug baron, didn't he know that beforehand?
He installed GEJ and now running around like a fool shouting corruption when he is corruption personified.

I hope he has easy access to rat poison, that's the easy route out for miserable idi.ots like him who are about to face the music.

I hope GEJ does the needful by putting this clown away forever (dead or alive)!

10 Likes

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
Laughable. Kashamu should travel to US to prove OBJ wrong. grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by omenka(m): 11:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
I feel really heart broken seeing the kind of negative reception this letter has received so far. The barrage of attacks obj has come under in the past 24hrs for reason of this letter only signals how fiercely resistant the nigerian state is to positive change. They have completely abandoned the substance and content of the letter and gone for the jugular of the messenger, thesame way they did Soyinka when he stood up against the overbearing attitude of the first lady.

Obj is no saint, and it doesn't take a saint to give a good advice, but just as his letter warns, most of the president's actions and inactions as we speak portend grave dangers for the future of the Nigerian State. I give him credit for speaking out while his contemporaries have decided to adopt the "sidon look" approach.

May God steer this nation away from the catastrophe this seemingly drunken leader is steering her towards. The Rwanda experience would be child's play if we ever cross that line.

God bless Nigeria.

33 Likes

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by aljharem(m): 11:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
Prof Corruption: Laughable. Kashamu should travel to US to prove OBJ wrong. grin grin grin

I mean if he is not, then what is he ?

Which buisness did he do to be rich and powerful
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Obiagu1(m): 11:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
omenka: I feel really heart broken for the kind of negative reception this letter has received so far. The barrage of attacks obj has come under in the past 24hrs for reason of this letter only signals how fiercely nigerian state resists positive change. They have completely abandoned the substance and content of the letter and gone for the jugular of the messenger, thesame way they did Soyinka when he stood up against the overbearing attitude of the first lady.

Obj is no saint, but just like his letter warns, most of the president's actions and inactions as we speak portend grave dangers for the future of the Nigerian State. I give him credit for speaking out while his contemporaries have decided to adopt the "sidon look" approach.

May God steer this nation away from the catastrophe this seemingly drunken leader is steering her towards. The Rwanda experience would be child's play if we ever cross that line.

God bless Nigeria.

Guy shut it!

Obasanjo is a "despicable human scum, who is worse than a dog".
Who burnt down Awka?
Who leveled Odi?
Who gave 'Ghana must go' bags to the National Assembly?
Who rigged every possible election we had in this country during his regime?
Who installed GEJ forcibly on Nigerians?

Obasanjo's name is synonymous with corruption so before he could say a word, he should first submit himself to Kirikiri.

He is a devil and I hope GEJ hangs him like Kim Jong Un hanged his uncle in North Korea.

16 Likes

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Obiagu1(m): 11:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
@ alh haram, where is Agbameta and Ijaw-citizen?
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by padeolu: 1:22am On Dec 13, 2013
regional criminal threaten to sue pan-national criminal....
let's see how it plays out.

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by EzeCanada: 3:32am On Dec 13, 2013
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is the King. GEJ's performance so far is miles ahead that of past Nigerian leaders Obasanjo inclusive.

Obasanjo's lust for power and relevance has finally come to an end. Baba is dead! Long live the King Jonathan.

..... and King Jonathan gave the Otta farmer the biblical Naman's treatment. Afterwards Nigeria lived happy ever after.

5 Likes

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by uhuru14(m): 4:16am On Dec 13, 2013
I saw this Kashamu(whatever that means) on OBJ's letter †✆ GEJ, googled him;only for me †✆ find out in an interview he granted †✆ Punch that the man is not what Baba said he is.(So he said o) But my shocking discovery is that the man said he has not been †✆ USA till date. Wtf!! Which big man of his status have not been †✆ God's own state enhen kwa? I think he needs †✆ travel †✆ USA and come back first before instituting the Libel suit cos truth is a complete defence in defamation. wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by greatgod2012(f): 4:22am On Dec 13, 2013
grin grin

hehehhehehe, i laugh.

As if we don't know that Kashamu is a drug baron, but Obj never saw anything wrong about it when the going was good, when he was funding the political campaigns in Ogun state, he didn't say anything, when they were wining and dining in each other's sitting room, Obj never knew, abi? Now, "ija ti de, orin ti d'owe".
"awon agbalagba to nse langbalangba".

Ok, Let them go to court jare, Baba Obj used the letter to make himself relevant again, Kashamu also want to make part of the contents of the letter to also make himself relevant again. What a way of being relevant in politics
I'm watching.

3 Likes

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Wsdm: 4:48am On Dec 13, 2013
Do you have to go to the media first? Just go to court and stop disturbing us with your personal issue.
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by gondie: 7:25am On Dec 13, 2013
like Tinubu like Kashamu, our resident drug lords. Obj is such a sore loser......really trying to remain relevant. I feel his pains....his greed for power is driving him mad.
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Odward(m): 9:57am On Dec 13, 2013
See me see wahala o,pls if obj didn't see carrying he won't call u dat name or is there a smoke without fire?no so dont give me dat crap unless u be attention see ker or u just want to use against obj in accordance to d letter obj gave GEJ so go and sit down somewhere.
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by yuzedo: 9:57am On Dec 13, 2013
eGuerrilla:

^^ Oh lawdd!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by alaoeri: 9:58am On Dec 13, 2013
OBJ maybe right, a thief will always know his ilk.
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by trigar12(m): 10:32am On Dec 13, 2013
APC will be like.....WETIN CONCERN US

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Sheenor: 10:36am On Dec 13, 2013
Make him try am naah..........smh for him...
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Peterboy1(m): 10:41am On Dec 13, 2013
OBJ got it all wrong, he has insulted the office of the President by licking to the press the personal letter addressed to the president

what do he hope to achieve?
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by patriotic007: 10:53am On Dec 13, 2013
Am not angry that Obj criticised Gej about corruption,at least he is on the side of the masse on that one,...even though he is the devil himself,.....What made me angry was that he even said that GEJ has trained a thousand snipers and assasisins and has marked out people to be eliminated,....everybody knows that there has not been high profile assasination since GEJ came unlike obj's regime and that statement alone can cause a war or even sharter the fragile unity holding this country together,....EVERY well meaning nigerian should shun politics and rebuke this old man before he drags us back into the stone age

2 Likes

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Tonniey(m): 10:59am On Dec 13, 2013
Peter boy: OBJ got it all wrong, he has insulted the office of the President by licking to the press the personal letter addressed to the president

what do he hope to achieve?
He wrote two different letters to GEJ, bt he didn't reply any. If OBJ no talk, some go complain, now he talked, u still push blame on him.
How can someone satisfy ur likes For God Sake (FGS)

2 Likes

Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by georjay(m): 11:06am On Dec 13, 2013
okay
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Temismith(f): 11:08am On Dec 13, 2013
Hahahahaha. I laf in french
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Bright4(m): 11:12am On Dec 13, 2013
I remembered during OBJ 2st term in office,when Kashamu was on exile, the king of Cotonou save guarded and handed over kashamu to OBJ dt he is a good n reliable son from same state with baba.and OBj asked Kashamu to prove his credibility,the following day,close to 20 new Peugeot entered BABA' compound.immediately baba recognized him as good son and his cases were pending n buried.lastly, OBJ made him relevant in the land of politics n Nig as a whole.
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 13, 2013
Prof Corruption: Laughable. Kashamu should travel to US to prove OBJ wrong. grin grin grin
Good point!
Re: Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron by Bright4(m): 11:20am On Dec 13, 2013
I remembered during OBJ 2st term in office,when Kashamu was on exile, the king of Cotonou save guarded and handed over kashamu to OBJ dt he is a good n reliable son from same state with baba.and OBj asked Kashamu to prove his credibility,the following day,close to 20 new Peugeot entered BABA' compound.immediately baba recognized him as good son and his cases were pending n buried.lastly, OBJ made him relevant in the land of politics n Nig as a whole. [/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Presidential Intent Declaration Speech / Umuahia Residents Rush To Scoop Kerosene From Felled Tanker (Photos) / Deal Ruthlessly With Bandits, Kidnappers, Others - Buhari Orders Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.