Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,534 members, 7,801,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Iran, Bosnia ’ll Be Tougher Than Argentina – Mikel - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iran, Bosnia ’ll Be Tougher Than Argentina – Mikel (607 Views)

Photos Of President Jonathan Watching Nigeria Vs Bosnia World Cup Game / Nigeria In The World-cup Group F With Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina / Emenike: Return Leg Will Be Tougher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran, Bosnia ’ll Be Tougher Than Argentina – Mikel by naijaracist(m): 12:27am On Dec 13, 2013
Super Eagles midfielder John Mikel Obi has said that he expects tougher opposition from Iran and Bosnia than Argentina in the first round of Brazil 2014. He, however, said he is confident the Super Eagles will reach the knockout stage of the World Cup. In an interview with MTNFootball.com, the Chelsea midfielder said, “it is a good draw but not an easy one. All the teams at the World Cup have same dream and that is to win. We will take all the games as they come with all seriousness. We will go for victory in the opening game against Iran because the first game is always very important in such a competition. Then, we do so for the other games. I am sure we will progress from the group.”
On the strength f the teams in the group, Mikel said “Argentina are favourites but Iran and Bosnia may be tougher. We will face all of them with the same seriousness and the zeal to win.”
He said he was full of expectations ahead of the Brazil 2014 World Cup, having missed the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. “I missed the 2010 World Cup due to injury. I am looking forward to Brazil with great expectation. It will be a great and fruitful tournament for us and looking at our team right now, we are good enough to do well in Brazil.”
He said he was ready to help the Eagles do well at the tournament, noting that “as a player, I want to do well and help my country do well.’

Re: Iran, Bosnia ’ll Be Tougher Than Argentina – Mikel by naijaracist(m): 12:28am On Dec 13, 2013
Argentina won thrice in a role against Nigeria....so is now our turn to also win thrice a role, starting in Brazil 2014...I tell you folks, what happened to spain in 1998 will happen to Argentina in 2014...Nigeria will send them packing home.....Messi won't be able to save them. ...He will be like Ronaldo in France 1998 , looking like mumu in the field of play...NO MESSI, NO Argentina... So it was in US 94...No Maradona (after drug test against Nigeria), no Argentina and ever since, the highest they could reach in the world cup tournament was quarter final because Agentina team is always a one man show, and if that one man is removed, they are no where.....
Re: Iran, Bosnia ’ll Be Tougher Than Argentina – Mikel by nerodenero: 5:55am On Dec 13, 2013
If Super Eagles can get maximum 6points against Bosnia and Iran,the the last game against Argentina will be based on who tops the group.I think at that stage,Argentina will be under pressure and will be vulnerable too.I believe they are beatable.
Re: Iran, Bosnia ’ll Be Tougher Than Argentina – Mikel by safarigirl(f): 8:40am On Dec 13, 2013
Mikel my love...you always make sense, this is what I've been saying, we need to fear Bosnia especially, those guys look to be deadly, I still believe we can qualify from our group. I honestly don't think Argentina will make it out of group stage.

Bosnia and Nigeria will get to the Round of 16, I just have that gut feeling
Re: Iran, Bosnia ’ll Be Tougher Than Argentina – Mikel by olumosen(m): 11:01am On Dec 13, 2013
Underdog teams are very dangerous.
Re: Iran, Bosnia ’ll Be Tougher Than Argentina – Mikel by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
safarigirl: Mikel my love...you always make sense, this is what I've been saying, we need to fear Bosnia especially, those guys look to be deadly, I still believe we can qualify from our group. I honestly don't think Argentina will make it out of group stage.

Bosnia and Nigeria will get to the Round of 16, I just have that gut feeling

Well, I have a sneaky feeling Nigeria will finish 3rd in Group F.

(1) (Reply)

January Transfer Thread: BPL, LA LIGA, SERIE A, BUNDESLIGA / You Won’t Believe What Cossy Orjiakor Is Dedicating To Super Eagles Ahmed Musa / (a call for all Nairalanders) Let's Register Our Support For Ogenyi Onazi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.