Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,938 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria (60902 Views)

10 Cheapest Private And Public Universities In Nigeria / Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by DadaStephen1(m): 9:34am On Dec 13, 2013
Hello guys, please i will like you to assist me in this survey. I will like to have a collaborative list of tuition fees and acceptance fees of federal and state universities.
You can start with your own university.
This information could be helpful to the general public.
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Chomzy19(f): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2013
How Exactly will it be Helpful? wen u get admission to a school u'll know your tuition

there is no particular fees for any federal or state university, it depends on your course and year of study, As a rule the higher you go d lower your fees become, as for course higher courses like medicine, pharmacy, law etc. Generally has a higher tuition fees than their counterparts... So I fink pple contributing shld also drop their course and year of study wit d fees

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Atesunate15(m): 11:28am On Dec 13, 2013
ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA ONDO STATE

INDIGENE OF ONDO STATE N100, 000 FOR 100 LEVEL TO 500 LEVEL
NON-INDIGENE OF ONDO STATE N150, 000 FOR 100 LEVEL TO 500 LEVEL

THATS ALL

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by DadaStephen1(m): 1:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
Atesunate15: ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA ONDO STATE

INDIGENE OF ONDO STATE N100, 000 FOR 100 LEVEL TO 500 LEVEL
NON-INDIGENE OF ONDO STATE N150, 000 FOR 100 LEVEL TO 500 LEVEL

THATS ALL

Thanks for this. I am grateful. More please
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by DadaStephen1(m): 1:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
Chomzy19: How Exactly will it be Helpful? wen u get admission to a school u'll know your tuition

there is no particular fees for any federal or state university, it depends on your course and year of study, As a rule the higher you go d lower your fees become, as for course higher courses like medicine, pharmacy, law etc. Generally has a higher tuition fees than their counterparts... So I fink pple contributing shld also drop their course and year of study wit d fees

Thank you Lecturer, i am not looking for admission, i only want Nigerians to see how extremely and unecessarily expensive public education is.
I want to fight for the possibility of a free education society. We can achieve it!
The school fees are outrageous! What can the ordinary citizen get as a benefit from the government? They are depriving more people of the opportunity to be liberated.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Allahugahlib(m): 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION IJEBU ODE. Tuition fee Indigene #79K Non-Indigene #94k.

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by DadaStephen1(m): 3:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Allahugahlib: TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION IJEBU ODE. Tuition fee Indigene #79K Non-Indigene #94k.

Yes, i graduated from there and it was from my set the fees skyrocketed.

3 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Chomzy19(f): 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
Dada-Stephen:

Thank you Lecturer, i am not looking for admission, i only want Nigerians to see how extremely and unecessarily expensive public education is.
I want to fight for the possibility of a free education society. We can achieve it!
The school fees are outrageous! What can the ordinary citizen get as a benefit from the government? They are depriving more people of the opportunity to be liberated.
when I said looking for admission I wasn't referring to u, I was refering to any so-called person your post is going to help cos I thought it was going in that direction, now I see the direction u are going, I'll let u know that Education In Nigeria is Cheap, wch country exactly are you comparing it to to call it Expensive? is it Ghana, or Malaysia or Education-giant countries like US, Canada, d Uk, Australia, Germany even France where the Government subsidizes Education, D public universities are still 10 times higher than Nigerian public Universities, Education Is Never Cheap, for now it is still VERY CHEAP in Nigeria becus most Nigerian universities are still substandard, D government cannot do Everything for us, Be4 our Universities get to the level we are clamouring for then u'll see d meaning of Education being Expensive, Half of d federal universities don't Even take up to 50k as their tuition fees, n most states is between 100-200k while d schools u are aiming to be like people spend up to 500-1mil in a years tuition fee. Nigerians want it all, CHEAP SOUND EDUCATION is an OXYMORON

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by greenek001: 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
Chomzy19: How Exactly will it be Helpful? wen u get admission to a school u'll know your tuition

if u cant answer his question, jus ignore it, ur intro was very rude and unnecessary...

unilag= 53500 for nonscience courses and 55000 for sciences, acptance fee inclusive

13 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by DadaStephen1(m): 6:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
greenek001:

if u cant answer his question, jus ignore it, ur intro was very rude and unnecessary...

unilag= 53500 for nonscience courses and 55000 for sciences, acptance fee inclusive

Thanks, more please.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by DadaStephen1(m): 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
Chomzy19: when I said looking for admission I wasn't referring to u, I was refering to any so-called person your post is going to help cos I thought it was going in that direction, now I see the direction u are going, I'll let u know that Education In Nigeria is Cheap, wch country exactly are you comparing it to to call it Expensive? is it Ghana, or Malaysia or Education-giant countries like US, Canada, d Uk, Australia, Germany even France where the Government subsidizes Education, D public universities are still 10 times higher than Nigerian public Universities, Education Is Never Cheap, for now it is still VERY CHEAP in Nigeria becus most Nigerian universities are still substandard, D government cannot do Everything for us, Be4 our Universities get to the level we are clamouring for then u'll see d meaning of Education being Expensive, Half of d federal universities don't Even take up to 50k as their tuition fees, n most states is between 100-200k while d schools u are aiming to be like people spend up to 500-1mil in a years tuition fee. Nigerians want it all, CHEAP SOUND EDUCATION is an OXYMORON

Nice contribution, but i'm not interested in or comparing my country with those wicked western countries who have always been the primary source of global unrest nor Ghana which isn't as rich as us.
I am working in lieu of what's stated in the CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, under the FUNDAMENTAL OBJECTIVES and precisely, the EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES which states that EDUCATION MUST BE FREE AND COMPULSORY at all levels, from basic primary, to University, to Adult literacy.
Mind you, i will like to disagree with you that the government cannot do everything because the Nigerian government hasn't done anything remarkable to its citizens.

34 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by DadaStephen1(m): 7:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
Every Nigerian family is a government of its own, in that they provide their own basic amenities; education, health care, security, electricity, water, shelter and welfare. Despite all these, we still pay tax, and what do we get in return?
Even if free education is the only kick back we get from the government, it's not too much to ask.

5 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Tobbie9(m): 8:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
OAU MEDICINE IS 14500(excluding acceptance fee of around 20k for freshers)

5 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by DadaStephen1(m): 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
Tobbie9: OAU MEDICINE IS 14500(excluding acceptance fee of around 20k for freshers)

Thanks,
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Idacrux: 12:08am On Dec 14, 2013
UNN -55000 for freshers xcluding 25k acceptance fee
2nd yr-46,250
3rd yr-40K
Remember in the skul fee there is 12k internet service facility.

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by DadaStephen1(m): 8:35am On Dec 14, 2013
Idacrux: UNN -55000 for freshers xcluding 25k acceptance fee
2nd yr-46,250
3rd yr-40K
Remember in the skul fee there is 12k internet service facility.

Thanks.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by KKImoh: 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
IBB UNI. Lapai ,Niger state, for freshers = #52.500 excluding hostel acom0dati0n = #7000, tution fee for returning students / 2nd year = #34000

3 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by ayusco85(m): 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
Em em which school do i attend self

.............Thinking seriously...................... Pls brb lemme check ma note book and admission letter.

**quickly rushes to his schl bag, checks his admission letter and sees he is schooling in UNIJOS.*****

Ehen where was i self? Unijos school fees used to be small o, like 7500 for returning students o, until some useless S.U.G officials watched as it was increased to 17500. Then another useless S.U.G officials allowed the schl to increase it to 27500. So now every student pay 27500, minus accomodation. But new students own reach 80k o, plus acceptance sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
Lautech

Acceptance fee -- N20000
Indegene --- N65,000
Non indegene -- N72,500 or so (not sure)

I'm paying N40,000. My set is the last set that paid N40000

4 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by onose1(f): 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
AAU:40,000-50,000 depending on d course u r studying(excluding #40,000 for acceptance fee)

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Drniyi4u(m): 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
Engineering in OAU is around 11k + acceptance fee of 20k for Freshers
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
It is cheaper in northern universities. Like in nassarawa state uni I think it is less than 30k

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by gr8eminent(m): 6:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
Uniuyo is 55k for 100L, but for safety incase of any uncertainty its 70k.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Coldfeet(f): 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
Very cheap
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Vivly(f): 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2013
University of calabar 38,000-41,000
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by kenedy175(m): 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
northern universities are way cheaper than the south
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
Allahugahlib: TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION IJEBU ODE. Tuition fee Indigene #79K Non-Indigene #94k.
State Univs. are now in serious biz.
In 2006, TASUED acceptance fee was N10,000. I m very sure it ll be almost or over N50,000 now.
The tution was N26,000plus for indigenes & maybe N29,000plus for non indigenes back then. It only rise with N2,000 to 3,000 increment yearly.
Even as at 2010, it was N31,000plus for indigenes & N36,000plus for non indigenes.
Now, it's almost N80,000
for indigenes & N94,000 for non indigenes. This world don spoil finish!

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by lafex: 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
ABU Average of N19000 excluding N7090 accommodation fee

4 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Saraben(f): 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
BUK is around 22 thousand den engineering student 25k,medicine 27k ...we pay d same fee irrespective of your level and mind u my school is a federal uni. acceptance fee is just 3,000 for freashers

3 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by adadadon(m): 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
oau arts student pay 7150naira only (returning students)
fresh students pay 20k acceptance
and 13k-19k school fees depending on the faculty
and accommodation fee is 3k only
not that cheap Sha hehe
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Chidosky1000: 6:28pm On Dec 14, 2013
This post have updated me, although am no longer a student

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by adadadon(m): 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
oau cheap gan
of the greatest ife

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ejikeme Mmesoma: Can JAMB Type May This Way? / The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online / University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.