Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George (15886 Views)

Court Quashes Charges Against Sylva / Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case / Court Quashes Decision Of Ikoyi Club 1938 To Expel Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by jmaine: 2:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
NO LONG TIN:

Some Nigerians shaaa

Why would a Court pronounce a judgement and we go on to blame the President or Governor

We blame FG for the things done by Legislature(including their allowances) on the President too.

If anybody has a problem with the judgement, we should take it up with them(judges/NBA).

I personally believe based on maybe sentiment(since I have no evidence) that he Bode George is a highly trained thief, but I put the blame concerning the judgement on the Judges.

If we hold the judges accountable for their judgements, they wouldn't collect bride or bow to pressure from external forces. but if we continue to blame Governors or Presidents(thereby absorbing the judges from blame) then we are on a long thing.

Only intellectually deficient people adopt such levels of deductive judgement.

They see the FG as a soft target for their unnecessary bitterness

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 13, 2013
I can see OPERATION BLAME IT ON JONATHAN alive and active on this thread. Dont these FOOLS know that the judiciary is an independent and different ARM of govt? So in the opinion of these Tinubu slaves, who are the promoters of OPERATION BLAME IT ON JONATHAN, President Jonathan also controls the Supreme Court. But when the Code Of Conduct Bureau freed their master, Tinubu, they all hailed the judgment. Hypocrites!

4 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by jmaine: 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I can see OPERATION BLAME IT ON JONATHAN alive and active on this thread. Dont these FOOLS now that the judiciary is an independent and different ARM of govt? So in the opinion of these Tinubu slaves, who are the promoters of OPERATION BLAME ON JONATHAN, Jonathan also controls the Supreme Court. But when the Code Of Conduct Bureau freed their master, Tinubu, they are hailed the judgment. Hypocrites

The fools are capable of blaming Jonathan for the even the sun and the rains grin

4 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by aieromon(m): 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
Man has failed. I leave his judgement to God.

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by plaindealer: 3:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
NO LONG TIN:

Some Nigerians shaaa

Why would a Court pronounce a judgement and we go on to blame the President or Governor

We blame FG for the things done by Legislature(including their allowances) on the President too.

If anybody has a problem with the judgement, we should take it up with them(judges/NBA).

I personally believe based on maybe sentiment(since I have no evidence) that he Bode George is a highly trained thief, but I put the blame concerning the judgement on the Judges.

If we hold the judges accountable for their judgements, they wouldn't collect bride or bow to pressure from external forces. but if we continue to blame Governors or Presidents(thereby absorbing the judges from blame) then we are on a long thing.

1. Good or bad, the buck stops with the president and chief law enforcement officer of Nigeria.

2. The judges and the rest of the country takes their cue from the leadership and the corrupt atmosphere created and encouraged by the leadership.

3. GEJ is ultimately responsible for the actions of the people he fills the judiciary bench with.

4. If the commander in chief of the Nigerian armed forces and also the chief law enforcement officer of Nigeria can pardon ex convicts and international fugitive still wanted abroad, so why shouldn't the courts or any other entity in Nigeria replicate the President's action?

It's all about the tone set by the commander in chief and the corrupt atmosphere he created and operating in.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
LEAVE THEIF BODE GEORGE ALONE NA AWA SON

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Demdem(m): 3:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
Whatever. He remains Tewonde George.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by wellmax(m): 3:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fresh air everywhere. GEJ forever.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Desola(f): 3:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
How can anyone keep a straight face when saying that the organs of the state practises separation of power?

Hahaha...I always laugh when I see so called lawyers being called to the bar in Nigeria. Always looks like a charade to me. I look at them and sympathise for the wasted years because once they set foot outside the shores of Nigeria, their so called qualification is instantly relegated!

Nigerian judiciary? Does such institution exist?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Dee60: 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pukkah:

It is curious that the 'quashing' Court says contract-splitting is 'unknown to law'.

See excerpts from the Public Procurement Act 2007:

Fundamental Principles Section 16(4).
37. The appropriate methods, procedures and contract award for public procurement of goods and works shall be subject to the prior review thresholds as may be set from time to time by the BPP.

38. Value for money obtained through efficiency, fair access to bids and transparency, shall remain the main objective of the Procuring Entity.

39. Contracts shall not be split into smaller units in order to avoid competitive bidding or be distributed among various lots to different bidders to enlarge bidder participation at the cost of lesser economy and efficiency.

I thought it was an exaggeration when it was said that it is somebody's destiny to bankrupt Nigeria.

A country on a free fall. Only God can save it now! O Lord, we pray.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Klem28(m): 3:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
[quote author=pro01]Some of you are hopelessly daft. Can you establish that the president influenced the SUPREME COURT judgment? If not, then why drag his name into the matter?

At least we had proof that the disgraced Justhief Salami, former President of the Appeal Court, was influenced by Tinubu to facilitate favourable rulings for ACN in Osun and Ekiti (thanks to MTN call logs). Is there any evidence that Goodluck Jonathan was in touch with the Supreme Court justices prior to this judgment?
[/quote
You be Mr. President's beneficiary? I no blame u jare. We go wait until we get robe to link Oga Jonathan with all d corruption for dis country. Tanx

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Pukkah: 3:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
plaindealer:

1. Good or bad, the buck stops with the president and chief law enforcement officer of Nigeria.

2. The judges and the rest of the country takes their cue from the leadership and the corrupt atmosphere created and encouraged by the leadership.

3. GEJ is ultimately responsible for the actions of the people he fills the judiciary bench with.

4. If the commander in chief of the Nigerian armed forces and also the chief law enforcement officer of Nigeria can pardon ex convicts and international fugitive still wanted abroad, so why shouldn't the courts or any other entity in Nigeria replicate the President's action?

It's all about the tone set by the commander in chief and the corrupt atmosphere he created and operating in.

I have highlighted what I think are the critical parts of your post. I do understand your valid point.

But you see, the point you're making flies over the head of the rancorous group that is yelling all over the thread.

This is Mr Olusegun Obasanjo's prayer for Mr Goodluck Jonathan:

"May God grant you the grace for at least one effective corrective action against high corruption which seems to stink all around you in your government."

2 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by NOLONGTIN1(m): 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
plaindealer:

Haba!!!!

Who are the people that liked your post? Are you aware that the legislature create laws, the court interprets it and govt enforces it.

The way you say the president is the Chief law enforcement officer of Nigera, makes it seems like he decides court judgements, else I see no reason why this should be cited more than once in your argument.

To cut the long story short, what will you do as the president? Call the judges telling them Bode George must be imprisoned, convicted or whatever?

I think you need a copy of SS1 Government textbook to understand separation of powers - the actions of the Legislature and Judiciary are never the fault of FG.

Whatever laws created by the Legislature and/or interpreted by the Judiciary should never be blamed on the FG.

Forget GEJ is president, tomorrow it could be someone else but the way you think wouldn't help Nigeria.

We need to change the way we think if we want to progress, we should learn to hold the right person accountable for every action and not rush to blame someone because he looks meek and gentle.

If the presidency had power over the court (Supreme court) as you say; tinubu, Bode George, Buhari and co will be in prison.

#JustThinkAboutIt

BTW, i'm against GEJ pardoning Alams, infact that is the only wrong he has done as far I can think/remember. Some people claim It was part of a plea bargain entered into during yar-adua's time -na wetin I hear oo.
I've read some John Grisham's book, so I understand the meaning and advantages of plea bargain but I still oppose the Presidential pardon #MyOpinion

2 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Policewoman(f): 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
It seems GEJ and OBJ both have each other by the ballz nw.... lipsrsealed

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Rad1cal: 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
plaindealer:

Those who liked your post are equally as silly as you.

The supreme court has decided, those against it can "Go and Die" cool
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Jiganakala: 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
with perceived loss of favour from the south west given the new level of APC and likely fallout with OBJ (they can settle it as a 'family affair') GEJ seriously need votes of the south west and must indirectly satisfy all current bigwigs of south west or . This to me is a political judgement. Separation of power and independent of each arm of government only works in true democratic state and not NIGERIA. I need to be convinced that any of the organs of government in Nigeria cannot collaborate with others to do what is they believe is the best for them.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Rad1cal: 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
Jiganakala: with perceived loss of favour from the south west given the new level of APC and likely fallout with OBJ (they can settle it as a 'family affair') GEJ seriously need votes of the south west and must indirectly satisfy all current bigwigs of south west or . This to me is a political judgement. Separation of power and independent of each arm of government only works in true democratic state and not NIGERIA. I need to be convinced that any of the organs of government in Nigeria cannot collaborate with others to do what is they believe is the best for them.

But when the court favours the rouges masquerading as progressives, you all scream it is victory for democracy.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by egbaguy: 3:49pm On Dec 13, 2013
GEJTILL2019: your father is tinubu aka oju yobo is king of corruption!
oloriburuku somebody..
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by gratiaeo(m): 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I can see OPERATION BLAME IT ON JONATHAN alive and active on this thread. Dont these FOOLS know that the judiciary is an independent and different ARM of govt? So in the opinion of these Tinubu slaves, who are the promoters of OPERATION BLAME ON JONATHAN, Jonathan also controls the Supreme Court. But when the Code Of Conduct Bureau freed their master, Tinubu, they are hailed the judgment. Hypocrites
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by superstar1(m): 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Govt of the looters/corrupt, by the looters/corrupt and for the looters/corrupt.

Definition of lootocracy and corruptocracywe don enter one chance for naija. We are now the laughing stock of the world.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by kobikwelu(m): 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
what do you expect, he is buying favors from "STRONG" men...in anticipation of the up coming elections.

Politics and Law can never mix....
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by tosan200(m): 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
vanguard1: Sahalie reporters and their conspiracy theory.....what concerns GEJ with the court, the court absolved almustapha and George and not GEJ. I thank God for baba, now he should sue EFCC for damages
when bode George become your baba ,omo IBO and money.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by alakara(m): 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pls can u snd d pdf format of d 2007 public procuremnt act to me at alakara2015@gmail.com
Pukkah:

It is curious that the 'quashing' Court says contract-splitting is 'unknown to law'.

37. The appropriate methods, procedures and contract award for public procurement of goods and works shall be subject to the prior review thresholds as may be set from time to time by the BPP.

38. Value for money obtained through efficiency, fair access to bids and transparency, shall remain the main objective of the Procuring Entity.

39. Contracts shall not be split into smaller units in order to avoid competitive bidding or be distributed among various lots to different bidders to enlarge bidder participation at the cost of lesser economy and efficiency.

I thought it was an exaggeration when it was said that it is somebody's destiny to bankrupt Nigeria.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by elohorayodele: 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
pro01: Some of you are hopelessly daft. Can you establish that the president influenced the SUPREME COURT judgment? If not, then why drag his name into the matter?

At least we had proof that the disgraced Justhief Salami, former President of the Appeal Court, was influenced by Tinubu to facilitate favourable rulings for ACN in Osun and Ekiti (thanks to MTN call logs). Is there any evidence that Goodluck Jonathan was in touch with the Supreme Court justices prior to this judgment?
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by tosan200(m): 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
gratiaeo:
The goons can even blame GEJ for their inability to pregnant their wives.
bros, engrish is problem.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Alxmyr(m): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pukkah:

You can not make law in retrospect. The law was made in 2007. The said offense was committed in 2005.
Beside, Supreme Court hold the power to interpret the law and when a part of any law is declared invalid, it remained so.
As far as the law is concerned, Bode George is innocent.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by taharqa: 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pukkah:

Public Procurement Act, 2007. Hope you saw d date of d law you are citing, 2007. Thief Bode George and Co were alleged to have committed the particular crime for which they were basically convicted ('contract splitting') BEFORE 2007; and a law can Never be Retrogressive in its effect ie a person cannot be convicted by a law for crimes allegedly committed b4 that law was passed. The Supreme in this case held same: that 'contract splitting was not known to law AS AT THE TIME THE CRIME WAS ALLEGEDLY COMMITTED'. Of course, SaharaReporters left out the Capitalised part of d quote above for obvious reasons. SR also LIED when it said that Dauda, SAN led d case (so as to put 'curry' in their shameless propaganda), when it was d former AGF Agabi, SAN that led d group of other SANs to argue their case b4 d 7 Justices of d Supreme Court.... Read PM News for a more detailed and balanced reportage of d actual judgement, instead of d cooked Propaganda served by SR and Co

3 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by turawafett(f): 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
ndu_chucks: (1)Governor Bode George (2)Senator Bode George (3)Rep Bode George take your pick, he is now free to contest elections in Lagos State.

He can always pull an Atiku by joining the Labor party and running for the Governor of Lagos, so that they can Pull an Obi/Anambra techinique on APC. He'll be rewarded, upon his return to PDP after the elections, with an Ambasadorial job. cheesy

Bode George has never won his polling booth, ward, his Local government and his state since he join PDP.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Okijajuju1(m): 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
[b][size=14pt]More mind fuckery[/size]

My people suffer in silence.. They feel the pain, but they think the solution to the pain is endurance.
Bode is free, Diepreye Alams is also free, Billions of Nigerian Naira don enter auto voicemail. Lost in the balckhole of our corrupt economy.

I steal recharge cards and a lousy phone at gunpoint, DEATH SENTENCE..
I steal billions with a pen.. Depending on the publicity, I get a few months of V.I.P jail time, If I'm lucky like Cecilia Ibru, I will serve my jail time in the comfort of my house. And after a while, I get pardoned or the same courts that sentenced me will overturn their own ruling..

Niggas be running around venting.. grin This moves are all leading up to 2015.. Incase you all are not observant, under Jonathan, major Politicians are being released; Alams, Bode & Al-mustafa.. grin 1. Powerful South-South guy, 1 powerful Northerner, 1 powerful Westerner..

NEXT Ndi Igbos turn.. I suggest we present Clifford Orji for Presidential pardon or any name they want to call his unconditional release.. grin

Like my mainest guy YUZEDO would say, I give up.. grin[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by lawbabs: 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
GEJTILL2019: your father is tinubu aka oju yobo is king of corruption!

after GEJ leaves shamefully in 2015, I bet you will delete your account from nairaland.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by lawbabs: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
pro01: Some of you are hopelessly daft. Can you establish that the president influenced the SUPREME COURT judgment? If not, then why drag his name into the matter?

If you are paid by GEJ, congrats but that's where it ends. However, if you are not under his employment, I cry for you. It is so easy for you to close your mind to events happening in the country. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by gameboy727(m): 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
plaindealer:

Dude, you are not well. Your brain needs to get checked. Like seriously? The judges takes cue from the atmosphere of leadership from the President? Is that what they are taught in Law school? To take cue from the atmosphere of leadership? Ni.g.ga please.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari At The Closing Ceremony Of AU's Meeting (Photos) / PDP Blames Jimi Agbaje For Embarrassing Defeat In Lagos Governorship Election / ₦4.2 Trillion Debt Service: Economy Is In Real Crisis, FG Admits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.