Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers (9764 Views)

150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank / Ikeazor Appointed Keystone Bank MD/CEO / Keystone Bank Goes Slave-trading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by CarmelloANGEL(m): 12:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
Over 200 staff of Enterprise Bank and Keystone Bank have lost their jobs due to the rationalization exercise that was recently carried out by both banks.

On the 2nd of December Enterprise bank rolled out a list comprising of a 150 staff members that were affected by the rationalization excersie which according to the bank's management was done in order to achieve effective service. Worst hit by the retrenchment exercise are the Lagos Island branches of the bank. Spokesman for the bank, Olusola Longe-Okenimkpe says the rationalization exercise was carried out to identify resource optimization.

Keystone bank in November also carried out their own rationalization exercise which saw 52 Senior staff members losing their jobs.

http://lindaikeji..com/2013/12/black-christmas-as-over-200-bankers.html

2 Likes

Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by weazley(m): 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
#OnlyInNaija
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by Labakeakin: 12:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
Access bank asked all the executive directors and top management officers to resigned with immediate effect. Sadly no redundancy package. Salaries weren't paid to them after 3 weeks of resigning. Cars,generators etc were taken awayfrom them.I am not saying workers shouldnt be laid off but they should be sorted out and made happy for working for years at the bank. It's sad that the board of access bank as turn a blind eye to dis injustice. I have watched Access bank attitude towards their staff over the years it's appalling and sad. Access bank staff work with fear!!the fear of the deputy managing director is the beginning of wisdom. They are insulted and tramped under. They sometimes go to work employed n return home unemployed, the DMD who plays god. It's indeed a black Christmas for Access bank executives. God in His infinite mercy guide and prosper these executives.

6 Likes

Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by lincolnj88: 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
Bank jobs never comes with job security.... How will this people feel now and this is xmas period.....
well if one way closes anoda one opens up.....but this proverb depends on location oh as it is not favorable in nigeria angry

1 Like

Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by maxtamazin: 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2013
For Christ sake!! When r we going to have a "right" in that forsaken country?
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by Bisjosh(f): 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
OMG!!!!!!!! embarassed
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by Iceman296: 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
No job Security. Tufiakwa
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by Ediss(m): 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
God help our people o. Thank u for what u have being doing for me and for making me to regect banking job that came MY way befor this MY loving Job o
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by ezeonline2(m): 6:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
Banking job is not what it use to be,Job security is zero
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by muaa(f): 6:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
In an Hausa man's voice "walai aiki banki aiki banza ne "

2 Likes

Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by Phemmmy(m): 6:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
Jesus
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by oluxy(m): 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
4th to coment I guess. Am coming up
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by ceejay80s(m): 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2013
I see the future
oneday all bank staff wìl be sacked
and robots wìll take over
VISION 2020

1 Like

Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by bigx(m): 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
ceejay80s: I see the future
VISION 2020

Might sound like a joke but very true
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
merry xmas gift or whats this embarassed cry angry angry angry
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
They are welcome back to the world of unemployment.
Last Bullet
Wishing them Goodluck Jonathan in their pursuit for a new job.
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by smasher1(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
ceejay80s: I see the future
VISION 2020
Not possible. Who are robots
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by emmysam2: 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
Labakeakin: Access bank asked all the executive directors and top management officers to resigned with immediate effect. Sadly no redundancy package. Salaries weren't paid to them after 3 weeks of resigning. Cars,generators etc were taken awayfrom them.I am not saying workers shouldnt be laid off but they should be sorted out and made happy for working for years at the bank. It's sad that the board of access bank as turn a blind eye to dis injustice. I have watched Access bank attitude towards their staff over the years it's appalling and sad. Access bank staff work with fear!!the fear of the deputy managing director is the beginning of wisdom. They are insulted and tramped under. They sometimes go to work employed n return home unemployed, the DMD who plays god. It's indeed a black Christmas for Access bank executives. God in His infinite mercy guide and prosper these executives.

You are talking about the Deputy MD? Abeg, the MD is worse. He runs the bank like a tin-god and with Silly ego. I know 2 Access Bank Managers who once shared with me the unbelievable fright they go through when ever the have Managers' and Regional Managers' MPR. Some of them induce themselves with substances inorder to be able to confront the MD. I hear the guy dey remove shoes fling at Managers for not being able to meet stipulated branch targets. Both MD and DMD run the Access bank Mafia style. Arrogant guys that constituted clogs to the growth of GTB when they were there.
Staff of Access bank are shabbily treated and dismissed without notice. The egoistic MD prides himself that his bank will only employ 1st Class and "2nd Class upper candidates, meanwhile i hear say na 3rd class he graduated with. Please, Access bank isnt a place to work.

3 Likes

Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by vijosak(m): 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by Adesiji77: 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
Labakeakin: Access bank asked all the executive directors and top management officers to resigned with immediate effect. Sadly no redundancy package. Salaries weren't paid to them after 3 weeks of resigning. Cars,generators etc were taken awayfrom them.I am not saying workers shouldnt be laid off but they should be sorted out and made happy for working for years at the bank. It's sad that the board of access bank as turn a blind eye to dis injustice. I have watched Access bank attitude towards their staff over the years it's appalling and sad. Access bank staff work with fear!!the fear of the deputy managing director is the beginning of wisdom. They are insulted and tramped under. They sometimes go to work employed n return home unemployed, the DMD who plays god. It's indeed a black Christmas for Access bank executives. God in His infinite mercy guide and prosper these executives.

Source please?
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by eluquenson(m): 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
Sad story undecided
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
weazley: #OnlyInNaija
layoffs happen everywhere in the world.
smasher1:
Not possible. Who are robots
e-banking channels.
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by Sweetcollins: 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
Unemployment rising...God pls help me and all those involved. Amen!!!
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by DOnly1(m): 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2013
U can all app*ly in my company, PARTNERS, we need experienced business builders & sales representativs. The work time's quite enjoyabl & flexible wit a good pay but u must deliver.

U can mail m on akinsolada@gmail.com & i will hint u more on d process
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by hardbody: 7:43pm On Dec 14, 2013

Its both crazy and funny to me. These guys that call themselves bankers carry on with so much airs and think of themselves as gods and when the expected happens we start feeling sorry for them. I deliberately left the banking sector years ago during the capitalization era, people thought I was mad leaving the glamorous banking sector and going into some old fashioned non bank financial services industry. Today as I speak, I am changing into another job by first week in January while these super rich and very glamorous bankers are being asked to go. Lesson, take a long view of the industries and access the most volatile and avoid them. I snooped around in my hey days at the bank and I knew I had no business with access bank as the MD is not only a cow boy but very erratic and irrational. Monday business meetings start at 6am. Its all BS working with the fear of the unknown. Anyways, God be with them but I will never support any banking job in Nigeria, never.

1 Like

Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by hardbody: 7:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
@muaa:
In an Hausa man's voice "walai aiki banki aiki banza ne "

You be aboki pikin? Just asking oo, no vex
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by jasmine21(f): 8:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
Not surprised about that of access bank. It is open knowledge. I remember being scared for my cousin when she got d job last year mscheeew.
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
All i can say to this is...

Okay.
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by yomalex(m): 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2013
black christmas
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by BestmanNnamdi(m): 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
nawa oooo, bthere is nothing we can't here in this your Nigeria.
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by Macbriz(m): 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
For Fun, Skills and Development, I Love You
Guys: Add My BB Pin: 2686B26D
Re: Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
Always sacking undecided cry cry

Useless country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NSCDC Queries Staff Over Assault Of Journalists At NIMC Office In Abuja / Nigeria Custom Auction 2014/2015 (lagos Badagry Seme Border) / Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.