Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? (925 Views)

Should I Still Go Ahead And Marry Him? / Reasons Why Most Ladies Do Not Deserve An Elaborate Wedding / Things Your Spouse Does That You Dislike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Preceedo(m): 12:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
I have an uncle whose Fiancee has said she is not ready for an elaborate wedding. 'Just call some members of your family,friends, colleagues, and come and meet my family pay the dowry. Then we are married. So, the money you would spend lavishly should be given to me to start a business since I can't find a job" she said. My uncle wants wedding, he wants to paint the town red and even occupy a magazine. In some cases, it is the guy who always go aginst it especially if the wife is from the east.
Can you break a relationship if your spouse doesn't want an elaborate wedding?
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by sweettease(f): 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
I don't even want one so dats not a problem as far as am concerned. If he insists otherwise, fine but a quiet wedding is my dream wedding.
Although it won't be just paying dowry oo undecided
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Ab025(m): 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
I think the woman is more interested in the days after the wedding, while ur uncle is more interested on the wedding day..

I must say, I like that woman, she thinks of the future.

Btw, why do ur uncle want to paint the town red becos of his wedding only to put d poor gal at home, lonely and jobless after d weddin? Isn't it beta for him to giv that "paint money" to his fiance to start a nice business?
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Preceedo(m): 12:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
sweet-tease:
I don't even want one so dats not a problem as far as am concerned. If he insists otherwise, fine but a quiet wedding is my dream wedding.

she's just another you only that she's not passive. She sees wedding as "wasting of money". And I quite agree with her but me go do wedding ooo
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Preceedo(m): 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
Ab025: I think the woman is more interested in the days after the wedding, while ur uncle is more interested on the wedding day..

I must say, I like that woman, she thinks of the future.

Btw, why do ur uncle want to paint the town red becos of his wedding only to put d poor gal at home, lonely and jobless after d weddin? Isn't it beta for him to giv that "paint money" to his fiance to start a nice business?

Because that's the trend. May be you are the only person whod does not know that weddings these days are COMPETITiON from food, to the dJ, the emcee, the cake, the clothes, the ring and most competitive is the wedding gown!!! He wants it because that's what everybody does. # Do in rome what romans do #
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by skydeep(f): 12:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
Organise your wedding according to your income

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Preceedo(m): 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
skydeep: Organise your wedding according to your income
So on point!
But some don't just want the elaborate thing not because of financial quagmire
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by sweettease(f): 12:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Preceedo:

she's just another you only that she's not passive. She sees wedding as "wasting of money". And I quite agree with her but me go do wedding ooo
It is oo.... No matter how much you spend to satisfy your guests they will still complain, and i don't want to even talk about those that borrowed cos of the wedding nd face hardship for lik a year after d wedding. Why not do a small wedding where its easier to satisfy your guests, less stress and less spending.
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Preceedo(m): 1:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
sweet-tease:

It is oo.... No matter how much you spend to satisfy your guests they will still complain, and i don't want to even talk about those that borrowed cos of the wedding nd face hardship for lik a year after d wedding. Why not do a small wedding where its easier to satisfy your guests, less stress and less spending.

People will still compare ur wedding to a friend's or another. And you know how bad it is when people say ur wedding na just "managing". "Make e no be lyk say I no do wedding". You knw naija and theor bad mouth na
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by sweettease(f): 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
Preceedo:

People will still compare ur wedding to a friend's or another. And you know how bad it is when people say ur wedding na just "managing". "Make e no be lyk say I no do wedding". You knw naija and theor bad mouth na
Its not about managing seff, i love small weddings, just make d small wedding as great as possible and the story will be, 'they just did a small nice wedding' and even if its about managing, na dem won feed me after d wedding?
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by jaybee3(m): 1:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
sweet-tease:

Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Preceedo(m): 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
sweet-tease:

Its not about managing seff, i love small weddings, just make d small wedding as great as possible and the story will be, 'they just did a small nice wedding' and even if its about managing, na dem won feed me after d wedding?
rotfll....... "small nice wedding is never a compliment". You would not even hear that from anyone in naija not even your parents. Anyway, I like the I don't care what they say stuf. Only few girls have that.
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by sweettease(f): 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
jay bee:

Am talking about an elaborate wedding not wedding in general o shocked

Preceedo:
rotfll....... "small nice wedding is never a compliment". You would not even hear that from anyone in naija not even your parents. Anyway, I like the I don't care what they say stuf. Only few girls have that.
Not if you spoil the few guests smiley
Thank you smiley
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Preceedo(m): 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
sweet-tease:

Am talking about an elaborate wedding not wedding in general o shocked

Not if you spoil the few guests smiley
Thank you smiley

spoiling the few guests costs money also. The truth is you can't organise a wedding without spending large.
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by tpia5: 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
As soon as you explain how your uncle's wedding concerns me, I'll comment.
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Preceedo(m): 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
tpia@:
As soon as you explain how your uncle's wedding concerns me, I'll comment.

PoO. Nobody cares whether you comment or not in what way are you better than these commenters? FYI, i'm nt asking you to advice me, just asking what you will do if ur spouse does not want a wedding. Or are you a drop out?
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2013
Yeah, I would. I've always dreamt of a quiet, peaceful wedding anyway,
on a beach with just a few people and my dogs.

Your Uncle wants to occupy a magazine? Geez, how unnecessary.
His fiance is thinking ahead and wants to use the money he wants to
spend lavishly on starting a business. That's a smart woman right there.
Unlike your Uncle, it seems she doesn't care about material things or putting
on a show for people. If he can afford it and it won't affect them in any way
financially, understandable. But they still need to come to a compromise on
what would make the two of them HAPPY.
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
It's even better sef!
At least, i will be able to use dt as an excuse for my mama!

Something lyk 'my baby doesn't want it and as you've tot me to be obedient, I don't want to make this a big deal'!

She no go know say i've been planning on nt doing a shouty wedding since lyk I could think straight! I just didn't know how to let her know each tym she describes what her gele would look like undecided
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by eldav(m): 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
That's my kinda lady. Just want something private. Dunno what the fuss is about.
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 14, 2013
During the time I was planning my wedding, I made it known to all the parents involved from both families that I have no intention of spending a dime out of my hard earned money to feed anyone during my wedding. And I adviced them not to invite people to our wedding. I short I told them we wanted a secret wedding. Well, parents went against it from both sides. Then, I made it clear that whoever invites visitors shall feed them. My parents agreed but the other side did not. Well, I did not give a shit. I gave them what I can and I made sure I personally did not invite more than five people who are very close to me. Those who brought crowd fed their crowd on that day. They could not believe how uncaring I cud be. My parent were actually never surprised.
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by jmoore(m): 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mine will be a low-key wedding.
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Preceedo(m): 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
Yield: Yeah, I would. I've always dreamt of a quiet, peaceful wedding anyway,
on a beach with just a few people and my dogs.

Your Uncle wants to occupy a magazine? Geez, how unnecessary.
His fiance is thinking ahead and wants to use the money he wants to
spend lavishly on starting a business. That's a smart woman right there.
Unlike your Uncle, it seems she doesn't care about material things or putting
on a show for people. If he can afford it and it won't affect them in any way
financially, understandable. But they still need to come to a compromise on
what would make the two of them HAPPY.

Na you try pass sis.
Re: Will You Go Ahead If Your Spouse Does Not Want An Elaborate Wedding? by Preceedo(m): 6:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
alutacontinua: It's even better sef!
At least, i will be able to use dt as an excuse for my mama!

Something lyk 'my baby doesn't want it and as you've tot me to be obedient, I don't want to make this a big deal'!

She no go know say i've been planning on nt doing a shouty wedding since lyk I could think straight! I just didn't know how to let her know each tym she describes what her gele would look like undecided

Abeg do wedding don't disappoint ur mama. The joy of motherhood is to see her daughter marrying in a grand style.
Pls don't disappoint MAMA

(1) (Reply)

Can You Date Your Students? / CONFUSE- Pls Advice Needed / Must Read.....true Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.