Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur (21666 Views)

John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" / Jonathan Remains The Best Man To Move Nigeria Forward – David Mark / President Jonathan Remains Hospitalized After Chronic Stomach Pain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by KwoiZabo(m): 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by agbameta: 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
solomon111: Don't worry,he will contest.
Gej is just being a good statesman by not overheating the polity unnecessarily and before time unlike our APC 'progressives'.

You people are too naive and clueless, you talk and behave like elementary school kids..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by AnanseK(m): 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
Any one remember the tearful Mrs. Thatcher leaving 10 Downing Street in November 1990 ? It was all done by the Conservative party and PDP will do the same for GEJ. One and a half years later June 1992 she took her seat in the House of Lords. That may be the difference; GEJ may end up in prison.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by Gamji007: 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
Speaking on the letter written to President Jonathan by former president Olusegun Obasanjo, the former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha said that Obasanjo should play a fatherly role and stop acting the way he was doing. He maintained that Obasanjo’s present style was what made the former head of state late General Sani Abacha to put him in prison.

Even ex convict/criminal get mouth to talk.
Smh for GEJ's arssse lickers!

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by patriotic007: 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
To some people especially in the opposition GEJ failed even before his tenure started,.....But to we neutrals GEJ is the only president that has really tried to solve Nigeria's problems,....He has brought up new ideas,some good and some not too good but the bottom line is that he as come close to solving our numerous problems,.....I used to travel benin lagos road in my undergraduate yrs during OBJ's regime and it was hell but when i passed there last month i was surprised how smooth that road is now,right from ore to ugbowo benin is so smooth on both lanes,....I even heard they are ending the reconstruction at shagamu,...If am lying please people on this forum should comment,.....I must confess this regime is the best so far and i believe there are better ones coming but we must be careful with regime change because that has always brought in worst people who will parade them selves as saints to get power

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by teejan: 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
Diepreye Alamieyeseigha

Diepreye Solomon Peter AlamieyeseighaDiepreye Alamieyeseigha (right) with U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria Howard F. Jeter (left), July 6, 2001Governor of Bayelsa StateIn office29 May 1999 – 9 December 2005Preceded byPaul ObiSucceeded byGoodluck JonathanPersonal detailsBorn16 November 1952Amassoma, Bayelsa State, NigeriaDiepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha ("DSP"wink (born 16 November 1952) was governor of Bayelsa State in Nigeria from 29 May 1999 to 9 December 2005.

Background

Governor of Bayelsa State

Corruption ChargesEdit

That is what wikipaedia has about the Ijaw criminal!
United Kingdom

Diepreye Alamieyeseigha was detained in London on charges of money laundering in September 2005. At the time of his arrest, Metropolitan police found about £1m in cash in his London home. Later they found a total of £1.8m ($3.2m) in cash and bank accounts.[4] He has been found to own real estate in London worth an alleged £10 million.[citation needed] His state's monthly federal allocation for the last six years has been in the order of £32 million.[citation needed] He jumped bail in December 2005 from the United Kingdom by allegedly disguising himself as a woman, though Alamieyeseigha denies this claim.[5]

Nigeria

On July 26, 2007, Alamieyeseigha pled guilty before a Nigerian court to six charges and was sentenced to two years in prison on each charge; however, because the sentences were set to run concurrently and the time was counted from the point of his arrest nearly two years before the sentences, his actual sentence was relatively short. Many of his assets were ordered to be forfeited to the Bayelsa state government. According to Alamieyeseigha, he only pled guilty due to his age and would have fought the charges had he been younger.[6] On July 27, just hours after being taken to prison, he was released due to time already served.[7]In April 2009, Alamieyeseigha pledged a donation of 3,000,000 Naira to the Akassa Development Foundation.[citation needed]In December 2009, the federal government hired a British law firm to help dispose of four expensive properties acquired by Alamieyeseigha in London. Alamieyeseigha had bought one of these properties for £1,750,000.00 in July 2003, paying in cash. Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha used it as his London residence, and as the registered office of Solomon and Peters Inc.[8]

United States

On June 28, 2012, the United States (US) Department of Justice (DoJ) announced that it had executed an asset forfeiture order on $401,931 in a Massachusetts brokerage fund, traceable to Alamieyeseigha. US prosecutors filed court papers in April 2011 targeting the Massachusetts brokerage fund and a $600,000 Maryland home, which they alleged were the proceeds of corruption. A motion for default judgement and civil forfeiture was granted by a Massachusetts federal district judge in early June 2012. The forfeiture order was the first to be made under the DoJ’s fledgling Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative.[9]

Pardonk

On 12 March 2013, Alamieyeseigha was pardoned by President Goodluck Jonathan, but his pardoning was criticised by many.[10][11]

References

Read in another languageLast modified 1 month ago

MobileDesktopContent is available under CC BY-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted.Terms of usePrivacy

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by Able4christ(m): 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
Access granted go ahead sir.
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by Burnaaboi(m): 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
dis is wat obj was saying
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by jpphilips(m): 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
egift: Does it mean Jonathan is not man enough to say If or Not he is contesting 2015?

#BodyLanguageCapon

at least billionaire now understand what tambuwal meant by body language,
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by gameboy727(m): 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
patriotic007: To some people especially in the opposition GEJ failed even before his tenure started,.....But to we neutrals GEJ is the only president that has really tried to solve Nigeria's problems,....He has brought up new ideas,some good and some not too good but the bottom line is that he as come close to solving our numerous problems,.....I used to travel benin lagos road in my undergraduate yrs during OBJ's regime and it was hell but when i passed there last month i was surprised how smooth that road is now,right from ore to ugbowo benin is so smooth on both lanes,....I even heard they are ending the reconstruction at shagamu,...If am lying please people on this forum should comment,.....I must confess this regime is the best so far and i believe there are better ones coming but we must be careful with regime change because that has always brought in worst people who will parade them selves as saints to get power
Guy you should've known since naa. The opposition party never see all these things.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by AnanseK(m): 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
Gamji007:

We hear why GEJ was in prison. What took alams to same address?
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by jpphilips(m): 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
agbameta:

You people are too naive and clueless, you talk and behave like elementary school kids..

exactly what they are, the military is watching
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by AnanseK(m): 7:49pm On Dec 13, 2013
GEJ is now a liability for PDP but Tukur's future depends on him so Tukur is actually fighting for his own life but I think it's too late.
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by SPEED5: 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
Gamji007:

Obasanjo is he not a thief also. Nooonnseence.
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by BigBen10: 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
patriotic007: To some people especially in the opposition GEJ failed even before his tenure started,.....But to we neutrals GEJ is the only president that has really tried to solve Nigeria's problems,....He has brought up new ideas,some good and some not too good but the bottom line is that he as come close to solving our numerous problems,.....I used to travel benin lagos road in my undergraduate yrs during OBJ's regime and it was hell but when i passed there last month i was surprised how smooth that road is now,right from ore to ugbowo benin is so smooth on both lanes,....I even heard they are ending the reconstruction at shagamu,...If am lying please people on this forum should comment,.....I must confess this regime is the best so far and i believe there are better ones coming but we must be careful with regime change because that has always brought in worst people who will parade them selves as saints to get power
smh Guy i pity your ignorance!
Start reading and following nigeria political news avidly and the truth will present it self. dont read only headlines oh, read d full articles, watch news and political analysis. Your eye will so clear!
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
if you follow this story till the end then you will pray for gej to win. try and read. u wont regret it

https://www.nairaland.com/1549151/police-life-short-story-faithful#20105694
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by AnanseK(m): 7:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
solomon111:
Gej is just being a good statesman by not overheating the polity unnecessarily and before time unlike our APC 'progressives'.

Who is overheating the polity?
1. The 5 PDP governors.
2. The speaker of the house (PDP.)
3. The PDP government appointed CBN governor.
4. The former PDP President and former PDP BOT chair and God father (OBJ).
The stage is left entirely for PDP to disgrace the president out of office. Watch and see.
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by Ninapha(f): 7:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
validplanet: the best thing Goodluck could have done was to step down for a south-east candidate. now APC has the chance to bring out Rochas Okorocha and win the election.
Was it Rochas u typed indeed? Even OKOTIE wd be a better choice for APC.
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by figment232(m): 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
validplanet: the best thing Goodluck could have done was to step down for a south-east candidate. now APC has the chance to bring out Rochas Okorocha and win the election.
Okocha is a liability SMH
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by robi55(m): 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
And he will win,All GEJ haters abeg make una go die

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by Gamji007: 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
SPEED5:

Coconut head!
Smh for you

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by BigBen10: 8:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
SPEED5:
ehn obj is a thief so we shld support GEJ theft too because OBJ is yet to be punished.
Make i tel u now. gEJ steal money today, una support am just to fulfil ur tribal sentiments, one kobo u no go see for dat money. A few of his close friends may benefit but notin for una

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by SPEED5: 8:04pm On Dec 13, 2013
OBJ + the northerners have ruled this country for over 48years and have made a complete mess off this country's huge resources, and they ought to be ashamed.
But now they want to make GEJ who has just ruled for 3years look as though he is responsible for nigerias mismanagement.
We wount fall for that, OBJ+the north r the ones responsible for nigerias woes.
GEJ FOR 2015

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by BigBen10: 8:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
SPEED5: OBJ + the northerners have ruled this country for over 48years and have made a complete mess off this country's huge resources, and they ought to be ashamed.
But now they want to make GEJ who has just ruled for 3years look as though he is responsible for nigerias mismanagement.
We wount fall for that, OBJ+the north r the ones responsible for nigerias woes.
GEJ FOR 2015
along tribal lines again. What in God's name is wrong with you people?? FACE THE ISSUES

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by SPEED5: 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
BigBen10:
ehn obj is a thief so we shld support GEJ theft too because OBJ is yet to be punished.
Make i tel u now. gEJ steal money today, una support am just to fulfil ur tribal sentiments, one kobo u no go see for dat money. A few of his close friends may benefit but notin for una
Thief A(apc) wants to remove Mr B(GEJ) so that he can continue looting from were he stopped....
Guy I rather continue with Mr B(GEJ)
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by rufonye: 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
has he made it public?
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
Rochas Ko, Cockroachas ni.
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
so,are we meant to jubilate?
Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by SirCee: 8:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
This is the time for Nigerians to know that Mr President is contesting.

Mr President should let Nigerians know his intention.

Use of body language is not good for this country.

Come out and declare your intention.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Remains PDP's Candidate For 2015 Elections - Tukur by 500GP: 8:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
Jman06: You will be highly disappointed when the time comes. GEJ has done well and deserves to be voted in for a second tenure and i'm sure the masses are behind him. Not even the campaigns of calumny by APC and their cohorts can stop GEJ in 2015.#TeamFreshAir=GEJ Till 2019.

WHAT HAS THE DRUNKARD PRESIDENT DONE?
HIGHLIGHT HIS ACHIEVEMENT..
WHO TOLD YOU THAT ALL THE CITIZENS GIVE HIM THEIR
SUPPORT....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari With President Mahama In Ghana Today / Oyinlola Loses Out As Party Zones Chairman Office To North / Abdulrazaq Made False Allegations - Lai Mohammed Breaks Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.