Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? (21780 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Leks(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2013
Spotless180: Why will a christian fence his or her house?
Why would a christian sleep at night without leaving his or her door opened?
Why should christian protect offering and tithe box?
Why do they put doors in church?
Why would a christian take drugs when sick?

Spot on.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by ZEN(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2013
Interesting. Are the body guards armed?imagine, they were also wearing a bullet proof vest and looking like Commandoes.Why not Chris put on one of the vest for double protection?Common this is Rediculous.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Spotless180(m): 9:13am On Dec 15, 2013
quivah:

1... to protect himself and family.. or he just wants privacy
2.. isn't it weird sleeping with doors opened? You want goats,dogs to start having free access in your home?
However if locked,would that stop armed robbers from coming in?!
3.. lol ask those who does that..
4.. as you put it, in church! Yeah ! That's right. . After its too conceal the church properties from being stolen.. and some other things.. and also point no2 applies!
5.. lol ! God created herbs for our health.. so nothing bad..

But in this case of the op... the body guards protect the man alone! For what?! Isn't that selfishnes!
the question is if i employ a bodyguard to protect me, is it wrong? Does that mean that i dnt believe in God's protection? Let me ask you. Does taking drugs when u are sick imply u dnt believe in God to heal you? Yes or no.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nuezha(m): 9:15am On Dec 15, 2013
All men of God have bodyguards: priests, rabbis, imams, pastors, bishops, etc.
It now depends on Ho̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ you define 'bodyguard'
Armed, dangerous and invisible.
If you cannot discern then you are carnal
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Gombs(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2013
Dannylux:

Jesus hadn't no idea Peter was carrying any knife at that moment, so it'd be inappropriate to tag him a bodyguard or whatever is in your options.

He was only looking at for him notwithstanding Jesus never wanted that!

Jesus Never Knew he was with a sword? Do u know Jesus at all?? This was the man that told d samaritan woman her life history without even knowing her in person from anywhere
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Gombs(m): 9:22am On Dec 15, 2013
Spotless180: this one is also simple. The answer is option B.

God bless u jare
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by bishop4APC: 9:23am On Dec 15, 2013
Those with bodyguards, jets, fleet of cars, gold and other worldly things will be directed to the left while few of us will mainting the straight road...chk below for more understanding.

....i wish Nigerian pastors happy burning till eternity.

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by macof(m): 9:24am On Dec 15, 2013
Am still trying to find a traditional priest with body guards

So how is Israel's God stronger than African Gods?

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nuezha(m): 9:27am On Dec 15, 2013
DK Jaleel: grin grin what happened to 'the lord is my shepherd??'...
It shows he aint even sure of the god he's claiming to serve..

†ђξ psalmist of '†ђξ Lord it М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ​​​ shepherd' had 30,000 bodyguards...led by Joab.
If your safety Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ assured in heaven, every other thing you do Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ for show.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Dannylux: 9:32am On Dec 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i thought he was the all-knowing god.

He took the form of man. I guess you didn't "thought" that too.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by TruMantra(m): 9:32am On Dec 15, 2013
macof: Am still trying to find a traditional priest with body guards

You make an excellent point based solely on the behavior of the folk that claim to be "men of God".
Still do not judge the master based on the folk that claim to follow him. In this case, you'd be dead wrong.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Gombs(m): 9:33am On Dec 15, 2013
quivah:

1... to protect himself and family.. or he just wants privacy
2.. isn't it weird sleeping with doors opened? You want goats,dogs to start having free access in your home?
However if locked,would that stop armed robbers from coming in?!
3.. lol ask those who does that..
4.. as you put it, in church! Yeah ! That's right. . After its too conceal the church properties from being stolen.. and some other things.. and also point no2 applies!
5.. lol ! God created herbs for our health.. so nothing bad..

But in this case of the op... the body guards protect the man alone! For what?! Isn't that selfishnes!

Hypocrisy... Why don't he just wait for God to protect him? If u as a person who call herself a christian can confidently that MOGs are wrong n 'shameless' for using guards and even dare ask if Jesus was alive today whether he would wanna use bodyguards...the pope has MILITARY guards, not because he is scared or that God can't save him... But because ECC 10v10 says ...Wisdom is profitable to direct. Do you know how many folks would wanna assasinate the pope? Talk more of Jesus if he were in our day.

Answer this, would God throw an MOG to hell for having a body guard? Would God judge him for being security conscious?

It is all on the level of faith of an MOG... Just like divine health is on level of ones faith, using drugs wen one is sick does not make the assurance of God that we'd be in perfect health null and void.

Happy sunday... I don unfollow una thread
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Dannylux: 9:34am On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs:

Jesus Never Knew he was with a sword? Do u know Jesus at all?? This was the man that told d samaritan woman her life history without even knowing her in person from anywhere

He was a mortal on Earth. If He knew Peter had the knife all along, wouldn't He have prevented him from using it than healing the man after the deed has been done?

We all know prevention is better than cure and Jesus would know better.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by bishop4APC: 9:35am On Dec 15, 2013
macof: Am still trying to find a traditional priest with body guards

If you still feel the presence of Almighty God in Africa, bro that's malaria feeling...God has long abandoned Africa but only sent his 2nd born *madiba* to south Africa for deliverance.. Our evil hearts are just too hot for God to lean on....There's no God in Africa but gods.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by POTUT(m): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2013
I assume this photo is real. It is outlandish to me. If the man feels insecure our is responding to any specific threats, it would be more appropriate to secure the perimeters of the church, scan the congregation as they enter the building, install intelligent cameras that are scanned for unusual movements.
It does seem to me that he is ready for assault, while delivering a sermon. How can he concentrate?
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2013
Spotless180: the question is if i employ a bodyguard to protect me, is it wrong? Does that mean that i dnt believe in God's protection? Let me ask you. Does taking drugs when u are sick imply u dnt believe in God to heal you? Yes or no.
As u dey so ...you shouldn't have BG!!
except if you are into shaddy business or politics!
So politics and God don't corellate..

But here we are talking about MOG!

And lol if God din't want us without drugs He wouldn't have created herbs!...
And BTW ... Drugs treat, God heals. That's what they say isn't it?

Same applies to the BG thing!

Again,what does a MOG need BG for?! Who's pursuing him?
If BG protect his physical self why can't he hire BGs that will protect his spiritual!

Stupid!
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 9:39am On Dec 15, 2013
Dannylux:

He was a mortal on Earth. If He knew Peter had the knife all along, wouldn't He have prevented him from using it than healing the man after the deed has been done?

We all know prevention is better than cure and Jesus would know better.
Or he knows but just pretend not to!..

Please don't mind gombs
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 15, 2013
Yes I support them having body guards, not armed but protocol officers to disperse crowds whenever they are in public to do something else and not to interact with the crowd. Not for fear of the unknown but from people who just want to touch, ask for prayers and chat with them whenever they see them. They are also humans and get tired.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by mancheeutd(m): 9:42am On Dec 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i thought he was the all-knowing god.

Alfa be very careful am not being affected by your sarcasm this is an open forum where you think you have the right to spill trash this has been happening on any Christian topics and deols or mukina keeps pretending they didn't see it but if anybody says anything about Islam the next thing you get is an attack from the so called religion of PEACE... why do you people always start trouble is this what Islam really preaches about

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 9:44am On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs:

Hypocrisy... Why don't he just wait for God to protect him? If u as a person who call herself a christian can confidently that MOGs are wrong n 'shameless' for using guards and even dare ask if Jesus was alive today whether he would wanna use bodyguards...the pope has MILITARY guards, not because he is scared or that God can't save him... But because ECC 10v10 says ...Wisdom is profitable to direct. Do you know how many folks would wanna assasinate the pope? Talk more of Jesus if he were in our day.

Answer this, would God throw an MOG to hell for having a body guard? Would God judge him for being security conscious?

It is all on the level of faith of an MOG... Just like divine health is on level of ones faith, using drugs wen one is sick does not make the assurance of God that we'd be in perfect health null and void.

Happy sunday... I don unfollow una thread
Dude what are you saying?!
How's no1 hypocrite? Na una type dey make atheist get mouth!..
Don't you know what BG is??.. you only need BG if your life is being chased ! Or if you are into businesses that can take your life.

About the no1, why wouldn't you put doors in your home? Want to roll with goats and dogs?! People do it for privacy too and also beautification. The gate/fence won't prevent thieves mostly.. or would it?!
Smh!

Ok, nothing bad with bodyguards... if that justified your pastor or u!

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:51am On Dec 15, 2013
mancheeutd:

Alfa be very careful am not being affected by your sarcasm this is an open forum where you think you have the right to spill trash this has been happening on any Christian topics and deols or mukina keeps pretending they didn't see it but if anybody says anything about Islam the next thing you get is an attack from the so called religion of PEACE... why do you people always start trouble is this what Islam really preaches about

And you feel anybody that questions christianity must be a muslim. Your brain is too polarised,ever heard of atheists?

Smell the coffee and realise that god and gods are human creations.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 9:52am On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by kambo(m): 9:52am On Dec 15, 2013
One statement tht is repeated by Jesus in d new testament is accordg to ur faith b it unto u.
Christians are at different faith levels.
One christian has a disease and seeks medical help while another seeks divine help . At the end theyre both cured ,hopefully,but if d one who had no faith for divine help tried to pretend to believe God , he/she wud hav been in a worse condition because d faith just wasnt there. He/she had wisdom to seek help believg God to wrk thru d human instruments of dctors and nurses.
So on d body gaurd issue if a mog fears his life is in danger he can act in faith and believe God 4 protection or if d faith isnt there or not developed enuff He can do d wiser thing and put overt measures in place to safe gaurd his life by hiring body gaurds.
By the way believg God is wrk.
Its better to eat well hav enuff sleep and exercise and maintain health than believe God 4 a cure to some disease contracted thru careless living.
Its bttr to plan and monitr ur finances than believe God to get u out of debt
its better to drive a car with front and side airbags and strap on ur seatbelts than believe God to reset broken bones after an accident.
Precaution isnt faithlessness but wisdom.
Sometimes paul slinked out of a city at night . Was he faithless? no!
Tht was God's wisdom 4 d moment.
Y do christians lock their cars? Y not believe God all d time to secure it?
Y do large conventions post security men to watch peoples cars? Cuz some ppl there a car thieves not worshippers . But they can just believe God to protect d cars? Yes but their faith may not b at tht level so they hire and post security personnel to gaurd d cars and problem solved. Not d most spiritual solution but it wrks and God fills in d rest. But d bible says except the Lord watch the city the watch men lie awake in vain! So it's God still doing the watching from behind d scenes but God needs somethng to wrk with which is faith!
So if a mog dnt believe God he can do things his own way . Hopefully it shud get d job done.
On the other hand as the christian grows in God God wud begin nudging him to come up higher meaning use ur faith more.
At a point d baby christian shud hav outgrown taking drugs 4 every minor ailment but if d christian hasnt grwn in his faith he'll suffer for it cuz a bigger ailment will wipe him out.
E.g cancer but if all d time he'd been buildg his faith , he'd b able to withstand d cancer. Same applies to this mog's . God may require some to hav grown up higher in their faith 4 protection but if they insist on being babies and puttg their trust in arms of flesh (body gaurds) and horses and chariots (armoured vehicles) and walled cities (secured dwellings) and not in God - they too may one day learn a bitter lesson tht only God can protect.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Sike(m): 9:59am On Dec 15, 2013
Man of God my foot! In this era, No man of God anywhere. We are all man of God
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Babaken(m): 10:10am On Dec 15, 2013
Oyinprince: theres notin wrong wit self defense(protection)
including ODESHI 4rm native doctor.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Eberex(m): 10:10am On Dec 15, 2013
Joagbaje:

Did Jesus do any evil to have enemies? Did paul do any evil to have assassins sent after him?

Why did Jesus escape being lynched by muderrers?

It's better to prevent evil than escaping evil . Do you know how many times paul suffered robbery? Security is common sense. The Lord is still our shepherd .

When Jesus got security information that assassins were out for him. He refused to go down to Judaea . Was that cowardness ? . It's common sense . The Lord is still our shepherd.

John 7:1
. . .for He would not travel in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill Him

Jesus didnt go to judea because it wasnt his time. Why did he not flee when he knew the hour judas was to come? So stop interpreting what you aint sure of abeg.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by sagaciousblog: 10:11am On Dec 15, 2013
quivah:
Did Jesus arranged men in the force to do that? Or trained,build men? To protect him in the first instance?! Shebi he know what as gon happen...

Peter was a disciple!!! He was there while Jesus was being arrested and the played defense!! Not a body guard...

If you as an apprentice, wouldn't you pick up something to defend ya oga if area boys were fighting him? Does that make you his body guard?!!

Bodyguards main job is to protect their bosses... was that Peter's main work to Jesus?

With this,i say your question is wack!

Anyways,your option d tho!

He was there as a disciple who's ready to defend his master!!.. not protect him in the literal meaning of a bodyguard..
i dont tink he picked up a sword rather he was having a sword on him before hand. him dey find bush meat wey he dey carry sword follow body?
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by AbbeySOM: 10:13am On Dec 15, 2013
There is nothing bad in having bodyguards... Read the GOSPEL part of the bible... At some occassions Jesus' disciples acted like one... E.g Baltemeaus, woman with d issue of blood...
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Eberex(m): 10:13am On Dec 15, 2013
ayili:
are you comparing pastor to Jesus?

i beg your pardon! What do you mean the disciples kind of acted like bodyguards? Pls check the dictionary meaning of disciples...and stop blabing
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Gombs(m): 10:14am On Dec 15, 2013
@quivah

Why was peter with a sword?

When folks tried to kill Jesus, who smuggled him outta the crowd and averted the intended murder?

Was Jesus in a shady business or a politician when folks wanna take his life?

Who is the pope running from that he has military guards (special ones from switzerland)?

Answer these questions, if u can't I'd know u have a feverish need for a lexis and structure text book...

Santa would get u one

grin
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Eberex(m): 10:16am On Dec 15, 2013
Oyinprince: a bodyguard is mor dan dt.bt if a pastor feel he nids it,he suld take measures 2 provide imself physical security

and what happens to ''eventhough i walk through the valley of death i shall fear no evil' Abeg jare go sleep

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by yomi007k(m): 10:17am On Dec 15, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Please can we stop all this unnecessary beating about the bush?

Why should a man who claims to be under the protection of the most superior power feel the need for a bodyguard?
...because he feels insecure from 2 ex wives, former political partners, or business partners who knows.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Supernatural Experiences You Will Have When You Genuinely Encounter God... / Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church / Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.