Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? (21785 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by mancheeutd(m): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

If only you weren't blinded by religious rage you'ld know Alfa is an atheistic satanist.

Calm down on the rage before you behead me like your muslim cousins

Also when you are not reading the bible,I suggest you take some English classes. Your writing skills are horrible friendly advice

Have a great day

Now I know your stewpidty has no rivalry Mr lecture who thinks he knows it all in the 1st place I don't know how my post which I was strictly addressing to alfa any of your business you had better tell your Barber to stop carving your head before he caves away all your brain with those big ears of yours like a dish fo.ol
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by OilSubsidy: 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs: @quivah

Why was peter with a sword?

When folks tried to kill Jesus, who smuggled him outta the crowd and averted the intended murder?

Was Jesus in a shady business or a politician when folks wanna take his life?

Who is the pope running from that he has military guards (special ones from switzerland)?

Answer these questions, if u can't I'd know u have a feverish need for a lexis and structure text book...

Santa would get u one

grin

@Gombs, One question for you sir, Where then were these his body guards when Jesus was captured, tried and Nailed to the cross? Did they mobilise to fight back or they just disperse under superior fire power? I smh for nigeria christians.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by TunjiMsp: 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
Intelligent report : maybe Boko haram wan invade his church or is it catholic member invasion grin
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by olubenjazzy(m): 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
Oyinprince: Its not wrong, the disciples kindof acted lyk Jesus' body guards too
.. Oga datz nt hw it is o. Jesus desciples weren't his bodyguardz buh men selected to be fishers of men n broadcast d gospel 2 d world
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by olubenjazzy(m): 4:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
asam7: Why should a true man of God have a bodyguard? is he scared to die?
i tire o
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by GentleFrank(m): 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
Good !
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Okonism: 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
Oyinprince: Its not wrong, the disciples kindof acted lyk Jesus' body guards too
disciples of Jesus formed a congregation each time He step out 4 teachng. Not body-guards.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
yomi007k:
...because he feels insecure from 2 ex wives, former political partners, or business partners who knows.
Lol. And you don't think that such insecurity does not demean the place of God in his life?
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by kayus9ja(m): 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kamsy10:

This is how misinterpreting the scriptures start. 'It kinda looks like'
Like play like play now, if oyinprince opens a church tomorrow,he'll start using it to support having bodyguards

That's how a jet church now claims that Jesus was so rich and was always wearing very expensive clothes that's why they cast lots for his robe which shows that the robe was very expensive: am like what?

Una can lie for Jesus head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I smh for all these endtime new generation bible readers grin
Jesus Christ didn't lack anything while he was on earth even when he wanted 2 feed d multitude d problem was where would they buy food not where would they get money so Jesus was very rich.Get me right i'm not in support of pastors having bodyguards
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
Joagbaje: Security is just a simple common sense. Certain measure may be taken when there's security concern . It is simple common sense. Jesus took security measures when such need arose . Paul took security measures when such need arose . If a man of God feel the need of measures in the face of robbery , assassin or kidnappers , he is free to take such measure according to his level of faith. That doesn't take away prayers. Because after all theses measures have been taken . We don't put faith in them . Safety is still by God. But the physical measures cAn prevent some evil
I'm sorry but this is a dull response.
The Jesus I read of was not surrounded by shield and spear wielding goons. The one time Peter tried to use a sword to prevent Jesus from being arrested, he got rebuked by the Master.
Jesus and Paul avoiding scenarios where their lives would have been in danger is in no way comparable to this disgraceful picture involving the so-called man of God.
So what exactly is you point?
Because to me this is just another in the long line of unnecessary flaunting of affluence and power by these mammon driven individuals masking as Men of God.

3 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by bola4dprec(m): 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Sir are you Pagan?
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do. John 14:12-14
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by gloriana(f): 7:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
n who body guarded d disciples?

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by otiigba1(m): 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
does this means they do not trust God to protect them? and also they forgot that the bodyguard is not invinsible
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
kayus9ja: Jesus Christ didn't lack anything while he was on earth even when he wanted 2 feed d multitude d problem was where would they buy food not where would they get money so Jesus was very rich.Get me right i'm not in support of pastors having bodyguards

Really? Do you remember Jesus saying "the son of man has no where to lay his head"
Jesus was not even born in an ordinary hospital.
All of you should stop lying on top Jesus head to justify looting the congregation dry.

And for those saying his disciples were his bodyguards
How come his so called bodyguards were sleeping when Jesus was about to die.
Did you ever read where Jesus was asking them so they couldn't stay awake with him even for an hour?

God is watching all you endtime bible readers

4 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Spotless180(m): 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
Dantedasz: To nost men of God, the church is an enterprise, a business and a means to get rich.
They don't believe in the Bible or following the foot steps of Christ. Christ and the Bible are just tools they employ to enrich themselves at the expense of the gullible members of their church.
A multi billion Naira business needs to be protected and hence the pastor as the face of the multi billion corporation/conglomerate which is the church needs to be protected hence the body gaurd (s).
Okotie, has always been an ultimate show man/business man since he dropped out of the university to pursue music and when music was no longer profitable he dropped it and became the ultimate show boating pastorprenuer. In between this he was also able to write a fictitious book,(The last outcast), contest for the presidency twice (even though he knew he couldn't win) , wage a war against his competitors such as T.B Joshua and Chris Oyakhilome and recently the Pope and the catholic church. He has also managed to get himself divorced twice, while being linked to half the women in his church.
Like I said it is all about the business and if Christ and the Bible will help to expand the empire, Then preach on pastor!
Funny how these pastorprenuers preach about the glory of heaven, yet they are scared to go there.
u hv written the story of pst chris Okotie which is very shameful. Now, can u also write ur story here since u where born whether u are more holy than him? Let's see hw it goes.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Ericacomfort: 9:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
if God does not watch over a city, the watcher men watches in vain. 'he who lives by the sword, die by the sword'
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by gloriana(f): 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
[quote author=quivah]@op ....
May God save us from this kleg mog ehn!!

If to say I went to this mr or even any other pastor to seek his opinion on using a red cloth to tie my properties to scare thieves away ..
"except the lord watches the watchman watches but in vain",, isn't that going to be part if his preaching against my action?!

They prefer to be protected by machine guns when the bible said fear not him that can kill the body but fear him that can take away the soul!... na wah
If what I heard about rccg go Is true! Then same applies to him.. Dey nid d body 2 enjoy their hard earnd money. So 4get abt d soul, body 1st.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by naijaboyof4life(m): 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
Joagbaje:

Did Jesus do any evil to have enemies? Did paul do any evil to have assassins sent after him?

Why did Jesus escape being lynched by muderrers?

It's better to prevent evil than escaping evil . Do you know how many times paul suffered robbery? Security is common sense. The Lord is still our shepherd .

When Jesus got security information that assassins were out for him. He refused to go down to Judaea . Was that cowardness ? . It's common sense . The Lord is still our shepherd.

John 7:1
. . .for He would not travel in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill Him

It was not His time to die yet and also God wanted to the Romans to do it not the Jews.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by naijaboyof4life(m): 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
stagger:

Did you ever read the portion of the bible where the disciples answered Jesus: "lo. here are two swords..." LUKE 22 verse 38. WHAT WAS THE RESPONSE OF JESUS?

And did you also recollect what Peter did to one of those who came to arrest Jesus? Sliced the bagger's ear off..

Your bigotry has made you lose complete focus. Men of God are allowed to have bodyguards for protection. As long as they do not harass people and are used strictly as a rapid response force when the physical safety of the preacher is in jeopardy, they are ok.

As a final note, perhaps you should explain to us why God Himself planted a cherub and a flaming sword that could turn 360 degrees to guard the garden of Eden when Adam was chased out. He could as well have left the place unguarded, not so?

And can you also explain how people like David had an army, as well as bodyguards including a certain Abishai who came to his rescue when a giant from the lineage of the Philistine giants almost killed him (2 SAMUEL 21 verse 15 - 17)?

Stop reading your bible upside down!

Stop misquoting please. Jesus told them to buy swords for reasons we don't know of. 1. It was probably used to clear the bushes that were blocking the way. If it was to protect him, Jesus would have told all of them to buy swords. 2. Jesus probably wanted one of the disciples to cut the ear of the a roman soldier so that a roman soldier will witness a miracle and to tell peter that this is not the old testament when the Jews did things with the sword that a new era has come that instead of fighting with the sword, we as christians are to fight with the word. stop quoting david, david was not a christian.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by bola4dprec(m): 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
Do you know what we call opinion in the absence of evidence? We call it prejudice.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by AbiJr: 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
[quote author=frosbel]

Only the wicked who have something to hide have bodyguards, Jesus never had any body guards.

And it is hilarious that these so called ( more like self appointed) MOG have faith to heal all diseases ( in theory ) but no faith in the ability of God to protect them, lol.

Fake lot they all are !! Jesus disciple serve as body guide, cos dey always try to protect him
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Debooster: 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Why should men of God have bodyguards? When the y mount the pulpit day after day to proclaim that God is the ultimate protector under whose wings believers should take refuge, it is a great contradiction for them not to practice what they preach and they feel the need to take out additional insurance policy by hiring bodyguards.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by tonyzid(m): 9:26am On Dec 16, 2013
Yes, its right 4 dem 2 hav . Peter defended jesus by cutin off d ear of 1 of d solja dat came 2 arrest jesus. Nd beside dose bodygaurd will prevent pple crowdin ova him
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 16, 2013
kayus9ja: Jesus Christ didn't lack anything while he was on earth even when he wanted 2 feed d multitude d problem was where would they buy food not where would they get money so Jesus was very rich.Get me right i'm not in support of pastors having bodyguards

Continue twisting the scriptures, well done
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by tomX1(m): 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
Gombs:

Mr Reyginus, the next question is for N5million ....You have 50 50, phone Kunle, or ask the audience.

Why was Peter carrying a sword when Jesus was to be arrested?

(A) because he wss a butcher
(B) he was an agbero
(C) he was a thief
(D) he was carrying it as a body guard

Goodluck
Well, true Peter was armed with a sword and did use it but the real question is: Did Christ condone it or condem it?
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Dantedasz(m): 1:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
Spotless180: u hv written the story of pst chris Okotie which is very shameful. Now, can u also write ur story here since u where born whether u are more holy than him? Let's see hw it goes.

Stop being silly.
Am I a pastor or a man of God?
I only showed you that Okotie does not believe in God, Jesus or the church. It is all a means to an end-Attaining riches and more riches.
His employing bodyguards is a carry over from his musical past-ultimate showmanship. Simples.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by KriTic24A: 2:26am On Jan 08, 2014
[quote author=infonubia][img]http://2.bp..com/-wVrbnkOLZo4/UqifuMjw7RI/AAAAAAAADiY/JjpNbs9CksQ/s576/pastor-bodyguard.png[/img]

This picture of Pastor Chris Okotie ministering in a church with four mean-looking guards got me wondering if Christianity has not been taken to another level. Is it really necessary to have bodyguards all around our Men of God?

Pastor Chris was in the news lately for statements he made regarding all Catholics going to hell (read here).

The question is should Men of God have bodyguards? Why is it prevalent in Christianity?

Have your say....

These so-called Men of God or rather Men Of Gold... who did not believe in the Power of their own God to protect and save them, yet they want everyone in their churches to believe in the message of power and hope they preach?
Isn't that 'Mumucious' of you to believe in them and worship under them?
Haven't you heard of Men of Gold bearing arm?
Have you not heard that the Bible says our warfare is not CANAL...?
Yet, they preach how POWERFUL their God is....?
May be when it comes to raising money, their GOD could be "OMNIPOTENT" or what do you think?
They hardly live what they preach...
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by mmsen: 5:24am On Jan 08, 2014
If their god is so wonderful and they have so much faith in his power and ability to protect then why would they need human bodyguards?

Seems like another example of religious leaders preaching one thing and doing another.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Joagbaje(m): 7:07am On Jan 08, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

It was not His time to die yet and also God wanted to the Romans to do it not the Jews.

That's security sense.

What about

John 10:39
Therefore they sought again to take him:but he escaped out of their hand,

That's security
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by vooks: 9:20am On Oct 18, 2014
The bodyguards are just part of the vanity they indulge in, flashy cars,mansions and the works. If you subscribe to men of goD swimming in vanity,then bodyguards should not surprise you.

Negros comparing this to locking doors are missing the point; what is this risk the men of goD are exposed to that the rest of the congregation are not? It is subtle programming to portray them as more important that the rest of the fools. It is carnal 'sanctification', setting themselves apart
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Boss13: 8:34am On Oct 19, 2014
vooks:
The bodyguards are just part of the vanity they indulge in, flashy cars,mansions and the works. If you subscribe to men of goD swimming in vanity,then bodyguards should not surprise you.

Negros comparing this to locking doors are missing the point; what is this risk the men of goD are exposed to that the rest of the congregation are not? It is subtle programming to portray them as more important that the rest of the fools. It is carnal 'sanctification', setting themselves apart

I just feel it's arrogance. Trying to feel like a king in a simple ship and to oppress their followers. Even CEOs of multi-billion industry do not go around with many armed bodyguards. I am not angry that they are living the good life but because they expect their members to pray and wail, while they collect, spend and protect themselves. What an irony.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church / Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! / Bishop Isaac Idahosa Distributes Food, Cash To Over 600 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.