Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,481 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being (2055 Views)

A Supernatural Being Seeking To Marry A Girl / If You Doubt The Existence Of God, What Do You Say About This / Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 14, 2013
Atheists like logical thinking ....now here's logic
You believe in the "big bang/evolution" theory? ..."what set that engine in motion?, what is the origin of that "spinning ball of matter"?"
"where did the raw materials for the 'forming' of the universe come from, if there is no creator"
And the big Question is
"WHY IS THERE SOMETHING AT ALL, INSTEAD OF NOTHING?"
These all point to creation, but if you have another posssible means, ....please state
and finally
Oghos1: these atheists are getting it wrong.

You only need to look around you to see evidence of these.
Go back to your villages and tell me all the native doctors there are powerless.
All my brothers in the east (without being tribalistic) look around you and tell me that people who do rituals for blood money, occults and other forms of dark powers do not exist.

You don't even need to go back as far as creation.

3 Likes

Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by vanhelsing2099(m): 7:04am On Dec 14, 2013
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by DibuOjerinde(m): 7:11am On Dec 14, 2013
Hmmm
datz food 4 tot

as soon as u ponder on dis, u leav d world of atheism, 4 der is no way deze thinz popped up spontaneously.
I believe der is a creator
who dat creator is, is what remains
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 14, 2013
No one knows why there is something, rather than nothing. 'god' is just an easy way out.

If God could come from nothing, why can't the universe come from nothing?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by DibuOjerinde(m): 7:42am On Dec 14, 2013
aManFromMars: No one knows why there is something, rather than nothing. 'god' is just an easy way out.

lets forget easy ways now
Okay. ..i agree with you, ...there is no God, .....but how else could there have been something instead of nothing. ....saying nobody knows, is proving yourself to be agnostic, and no atheist
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 14, 2013
aManFromMars: No one knows why there is something, rather than nothing. 'god' is just an easy way out.

bro ...i'm being logical here, ...
I ddnt say God created ...now did i....
I'm saying that its not logical, to say that the universe was not created ....that it sprung up by itself .....BEN CARSON, world's leading brain surgeon even said that the human brain CANNOT have come by chance ....
These things are too organised and intelligently put in place, to discard creation
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 14, 2013
Dibu_Ojerinde:
lets forget easy ways now
Okay. ..i agree with you, ...there is no God, .....but how else could there have been something instead of nothing. ....saying nobody knows, is proving yourself to be agnostic, and no atheist

WRONG, 0/10

Saying you don't know is honesty. It has nothing to do with atheism.

Why not pick up this book and read. "A universe from nothing: why there is something rather than nothing" by lawrence krauss

I'm yet to read the book myself anyway, but who knows, you might find an answer there
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Reincarnated(m): 7:51am On Dec 14, 2013
Good question OP but who created God, what and where did God come from?

I'm not an atheist but these are the questions you expect to be asked in retaliation from an atheist.

1 Like

Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 14, 2013
Swagalord18:
I'm saying that its not logical, to say that the universe was not created ....that it sprung up by itself .....BEN CARSON, world's leading brain surgeon even said that the human brain CANNOT have come by chance ....
These things are too organised and intelligently put in place, to discard creation

And who said it came by chance? Who?
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 14, 2013
Reincarnated: Good question OP but who created God, what and where did God come from?

I'm not an atheist but these are the questions you expect to be asked in retaliation from an atheist.

+confused+
who is talking 'bout God here?
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 14, 2013
rationalmind:

And who said it came by chance? Who?
oh so you know it can't have
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 14, 2013
rationalmind:

WRONG, 0/10

Saying you don't know is honesty. It has nothing to do with atheism.

Why not pick up this book and read. "A universe from nothing: why there is something rather than nothing" by lawrence krauss

I'm yet to read the book myself anyway, but who knows, you might find an answer there
i've read the book .....hence my topic

The man even says that .....as soon as you ask that question, ..you have gone beyond ...the normal ..
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Reincarnated(m): 8:02am On Dec 14, 2013
^^

Swagalord18:

"where did the raw materials for the 'forming' of the universe come from, if there is no creator"
And the big Question is

If you answer where God came from, i'd answer these questions.
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 14, 2013
Swagalord18:
oh so you know it can't have

No, natural selection is the answer not chance.

1 Like

Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by MrTroll(m): 8:05am On Dec 14, 2013

These all point to creation, but if you have another posssible means, ....please state

this is a flawed conclusion because by this logic, you can say that everything that exists must have been created...including God. This leads to an infinite regress.

Nobody knows why there is something instead of nothing, religions pretend to know but they actually don't. God has not and cannot be proven to exist and consequently atheist choose not to follow the easy answer and say GOD DID IT!

1 Like

Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 14, 2013
Swagalord18:
i've read the book .....hence my topic

The man even says that .....as soon as you ask that question, ..you have gone beyond ...the normal ..

And what do you have to say about his zero net energy argument.

From the review I read online, he argued that, if the net energy of the universe is zero, and the universe adds up to nothing, why should we invoke a God to explain its cause

1 Like

Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by unmask: 8:08am On Dec 14, 2013
Who created God?
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 14, 2013
My favourite question to religionists when they say God did it is to ask them how he did it. Once you ask them that question, just watch their silence.

They ask you to explain how science explains it and fail to tell you how God did it
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by obisage(m): 8:12am On Dec 14, 2013
I am not an Atheist, neither am I a religious extremist.
but as a Christian, I really wanna understand what I
believe in. I want to know whom I worship.

I am not worshipping God cos I was born in a Christian family
I'm doing so cos I have had my time to find out if truly this
being/deity called God really exist.
And truly HE DOES EXIST!!!

here are some reason why I really believe he exist:
everything is the world is orderly.
there are rules guiding everything.
look at the law of rain recycling
look at the law of planting a seed;
when it dies, it comes to life again.

but for now, I don't go to church.
I worship God in my house.
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by unmask: 8:14am On Dec 14, 2013
Swagalord18:
Ben Carson is a Christian so he won't be objective...... Well two arguments can be placed to you

1) using your own logic, if we assume there is God, then who created God.......
2) we could also say some aliens who evolved over trillions of years did some experiments that resulted in our galaxy
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 14, 2013
Swagalord18:

Can you create energy?

And who gives a Bleep what Ben Carson says? Is he God? That is his opinion, and he is well entitled to it. People are born with brain defects, is that also proof of God's organization skills?
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Reincarnated(m): 8:17am On Dec 14, 2013
unmask: Who created God?

GBAM! My point proven.

At OP, you don't question the believes of a person, if you yourself don't know how to rationally prove that your religion is not based on mythological believes or infact...delusion grandeur. Go about your gaddamn life and serve your God. If you can bring people to Christ/ bring people to believe that there is a God, then do so without condemning their current ideology.
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 14, 2013
rationalmind:

No, natural selection is the answer not chance.
lmao .....so natural selection brought about the universe from nothing
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 14, 2013
Reincarnated: ^^

If you answer where God came from, i'd answer these questions.
off context
I never said "God created" ...so u can go ahead and answer me
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by unmask: 8:19am On Dec 14, 2013
obisage: I am not an Atheist, neither am I a religious extremist.
but as a Christian, I really wanna understand what I
believe in. I want to know whom I worship.

I am not worshipping God cos I was born in a Christian family
I'm doing so cos I have had my time to find out if truly this
being/deity called God really exist.
And truly HE DOES EXIST!!!

here are some reason why I really believe he exist:
everything is the world is orderly.
there are rules guiding everything.
look at the law of rain recycling
look at the law of planting a seed;
when it dies, it comes to life again.

but for now, I don't go to church.
I worship God in my house.
interactions of matter
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 14, 2013
If God created, from what did he create. The artist needs crayons, paint and a canvas.

- is he in our universe? Can we have access to him? The characters in a book can never have access to the author's mind.

Most importantly, would an omni-x God be bothered about belief or lack of belief of his creations?

1 Like

Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by unmask: 8:21am On Dec 14, 2013
Swagalord18:
off context
let's assume we all say we don't know the answers to your questions, so what point are you trying to bring out?
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Reincarnated(m): 8:24am On Dec 14, 2013
Swagalord18:
off context

You implied that there was a creator. See below (I helped you bold it)
vv

Swagalord18:

You said "if there is no creator" which implies that you meant there is a creator and that creator is GOD, hence "He created". You do not question the believes of another person, when you yourself have no way of proving the existence of your own believes. If you can answer where your creator came from (logically) then I will answer those questions for you.

1 Like

Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 14, 2013
Swagalord18:
lmao .....so natural selection brought about the universe from nothing

This is what I hate. Genuinely trying to misrepresent what someone says.

Here is what you said

Swagalord18:
BEN CARSON, world's leading
brain surgeon even said that the human
brain CANNOT have come by chance

I attempted to show you no one says the human brain came by chance therefore, ben carson is absolutely wrong.

You reverted and asked if the universe came by natural selection.
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 14, 2013
Mr Troll:
this is a flawed conclusion because by this logic, you can say that everything that exists must have been created...including God. This leads to an infinite regress.

Nobody knows why there is something instead of nothing, religions pretend to know but they actually don't. God has not and cannot be proven to exist and consequently atheist choose not to follow the easy answer and say GOD DID IT!
i'm sure you're not dumb ....
Look around you ....all the cycles and creatures and the earths perfect position and shields....
I've been in your shoes before, ...but when i went deep into education, ......i saw that Ben Carson was right
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 14, 2013
I'm going to my place of work now .....
I'l get back to y'all later in the day
Re: For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being by MrTroll(m): 8:40am On Dec 14, 2013
Swagalord18:
i'm sure you're not dumb ....
Look around you ....all the cycles and creatures and the earths perfect position and shields....
I've been in your shoes before, ...but when i went deep into education, ......i saw that Ben Carson was right
what nonsense is this?

Earths perfect position? I'm sure you got deeply educated by answersingenesis.

Btw, you don't know me so stop the foolish assumption that you have been in my s appeal to emotions. Give proof of a creator or shut up. I have little patience for recycled garbage.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ISIS Causes Iraqis To Turn To Christ At A "Stunning Pace" / Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? / Holy Communion And The Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.