Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Mecca In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mecca In The Bible (7999 Views)

Mecca Stampede: Nigeria Death Toll Rises To 64 As NAHCON Identifies More Bodies / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mecca In The Bible by mahdino: 8:37am On Dec 14, 2013
The holy Ka'bah built by prophet Abraham (pbuh) and his son Ishmeal (pbuh) is in Mecca
The name Mecca (Makkah) is mentioned in the Holy Quran in chapter 48:24. Another name for Mekka is Bakka, depending on the dialect of the tribe: this is also mentioed once in Surah 3:96 "Verily, the first house (of worship) appointed for mankind was that in Bakka (Mecca), full of blessing, and guidance for all people."
Amazingly enough, this word Bakka is mentioned by the prophet david (pbuh) in the Bible: "who passing through the valley of BACA make it a well, the rain also filleth the pools." Psalm 84:6. The well here is the well-known well of Zam-Zam, still present now, close to the Ka'bah; after thousands of years.

1 Like

Re: Mecca In The Bible by nwaanambra1(m): 9:26am On Dec 14, 2013
you guys hate Christianity and yet you are always looking up the christian book to authenticate your religion . . . what a confused set of people! grin grin grin

av never in my life heard of any christian trying to authenticate Christianity by looking up the Koran! you guys should pls leave Christianity alone and get a life!! angry angry

12 Likes

Re: Mecca In The Bible by Ajibam: 9:41am On Dec 14, 2013
nwa.anambra:
you guys hate Christianity and yet you are always looking up the christian book to authenticate your religion . . . what a confused set of people! grin grin grin

av never in my life heard of any christian trying to authenticate Christianity by looking up the Koran! you guys should pls leave Christianity alone and get a life!! angry angry
they even go to their quran class with bible..
no one can do without the truth.. even atheists too.. they can't do without tge bible grin

3 Likes

Re: Mecca In The Bible by Sard(m): 10:28am On Dec 14, 2013
That's the problem I have with 'some' Muslims, why will you want to validate your belief by citing Biblical quotations? S.M.H

2 Likes

Re: Mecca In The Bible by mahdino: 10:47am On Dec 14, 2013
Ajibam:
no one can do without the truth.. even atheists too.. they can't do without tge bible grin

What you don't understand is there has never been anything such as Christianity or Judaism, the sent messengers of God has always teach men to submit to one God (in Arabic is called Islam or a muslim) so all the prophets we believe them, but it the church's teaching that was added to the books and the founding people of christianity do away with verses and quotation that those not suit them, yet u can still find some verses that testify that all these prophets were muslims and practice of Islam is genuine.
So when I quote u the quran u will say "I don't believe in the quran so, we go out of our way to prove to you from what u believe, ur own book so what other prove do u want?

2 Likes

Re: Mecca In The Bible by Sard(m): 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
^^^ fallacy! Islam is an arabic word that means submission, but NOT necessarily to God, as there are many other things an individual can submit to. http://wikiislam.net/wiki/The_Meaning_of_Islam Islam as a religion started many years after those prophets you forcefully claimed to be Muslims are long dead.

3 Likes

Re: Mecca In The Bible by mahdino: 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
Sard: ^^^ fallacy! Islam is an arabic word that means submission, but NOT necessarily to God, as there are many other things an individual can submit to. http://wikiislam.net/wiki/The_Meaning_of_Islam Islam as a religion started many years after those prophets you forcefully claimed to be Muslims are long dead.

Salam in Arabic means peace, which is a root word for Islam and as u have said above Islam means submission, so u too know that the muslims submit their selves to One God in Arabic we call him Allah, just like Jesus called him as u say when he was on the cross, Ela,Ela can't u see? Does it sound like Jehova, Jehova? NO, does it sound like Jesus, Jesus? NO does it sound like Allah,Allah YES. Allah is the name of your lord and my lord, the lord of Moses, Jesus and Mohammad. If u so much hate Arabic and u don't want it call Islam, call it in any language and pls if u want to really know true Islam search for authentic Islamic sites like www.irf.com not anti Islam sites, because it is your right to know the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Mecca In The Bible by Sard(m): 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
mahdino:

Salam in Arabic means peace, which is a root word for Islam and as u have said above Islam means submission, so u too know that the muslims submit their selves to One God in Arabic we call him Allah, just like Jesus called him as u say when he was on the cross, Ela,Ela can't u see? Does it sound like Jehova, Jehova? NO, does it sound like Jesus, Jesus? NO does it sound like Allah,Allah YES. Allah is the name of your lord and my lord, the lord of Moses, Jesus and Mohammad.
mr man, don't be ridiculous. Arabic and Aramaic are different languages but they are both Semitic language that originate from the middle east, hence the reason for similarities in their root words. So both Ella & Allah may mean similar thing but that doesn't qualify those people to be Arabs or Muslims. http://www.ehow.com/m/about_6643576_aramaic-vs_-arabic.html

1 Like

Re: Mecca In The Bible by macof(m): 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
mahdino: The holy Ka'bah built by prophet Abraham (pbuh) and his son Ishmeal (pbuh) is in Mecca
The name Mecca (Makkah) is mentioned in the Holy Quran in chapter 48:24. Another name for Mekka is Bakka, depending on the dialect of the tribe: this is also mentioed once in Surah 3:96 "Verily, the first house (of worship) appointed for mankind was that in Bakka (Mecca), full of blessing, and guidance for all people."
Amazingly enough, this word Bakka is mentioned by the prophet david (pbuh) in the Bible: "who passing through the valley of BACA make it a well, the rain also filleth the pools." Psalm 84:6. The well here is the well-known well of Zam-Zam, still present now, close to the Ka'bah; after thousands of years.

Such silliness

So wat has Mecca got no do?
David went to Mecca does that prove he his God is living in Mecca

1 Like

Re: Mecca In The Bible by macof(m): 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
mahdino:

What you don't understand is there has never been anything such as Christianity or Judaism, the sent messengers of God has always teach men to submit to one God (in Arabic is called Islam or a muslim) so all the prophets we believe them, but it the church's teaching that was added to the books and the founding people of christianity do away with verses and quotation that those not suit them, yet u can still find some verses that testify that all these prophets were muslims and practice of Islam is genuine.
So when I quote u the quran u will say "I don't believe in the quran so, we go out of our way to prove to you from what u believe, ur own book so what other prove do u want?

Such rubbish and lies.
Christianity was created as a religion about 50yrs after yeshua died by Paul before being reformed by the Romans

Judaism was formed after Israel's return from Babylon from the early religion which Moses created- Yahwism

Are u trying to evangelize Islam or debunk christianity?

This OP doesn't prove shiit. Wat does Mecca or Baka appearing in the Bible got to do with proving Islam is a sensible religion

1 Like

Re: Mecca In The Bible by macof(m): 4:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
mahdino:

Salam in Arabic means peace, which is a root word for Islam and as u have said above Islam means submission, so u too know that the muslims submit their selves to One God in Arabic we call him Allah, just like Jesus called him as u say when he was on the cross, Ela,Ela can't u see? Does it sound like Jehova, Jehova? NO, does it sound like Jesus, Jesus? NO does it sound like Allah,Allah YES. Allah is the name of your lord and my lord, the lord of Moses, Jesus and Mohammad. If u so much hate Arabic and u don't want it call Islam, call it in any language and pls if u want to really know true Islam search for authentic Islamic sites like www.irf.com not anti Islam sites, because it is your right to know the truth.

rubbish

Its Eli not Ella
Eli meaning "my god"

Jesus had no business with Allah

Lemme tell u the ancient Somali worshipped one God called Waaq- he has nothing to do with Islam or Allah

Yoruba have one supreme God- Eledumare, he has nothing to do with Islam or Arab Allah

One God means monotheism not Islam

1 Like

Re: Mecca In The Bible by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
That u guys(muslims) try to validate ur religion at every turn is a clear indication that u guys are living a lie. U guys are like an urgly looking lady that spend so much time in front of her mirror trying to convince herself she's pretty, as soon as she step out to meet her peep she become concious of her urgliness. just like the athiest can not survive without God, Islam can not survive without christainity.

1 Like

Re: Mecca In The Bible by mahdino: 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mee234: That u guys(muslims) try to validate ur religion at every turn is a clear indication that u guys are living a lie. U guys are like an urgly looking lady that spend so much time in front of her mirror trying to convince herself she's pretty, as soon as she step out to meet her peep she become concious of her urgliness. just like the athiest can not survive without God, Islam can not survive without christainity.

You say u don't believe in the Quran so we go out of our way to prove to you from your own book but u still don't believe, you are a clear example which Jesus said "...hearing they hear not seeing they see not neither do they understand..."

We believe in our Quran and it has the solution to all ur problems, u have the right to refuse, but the Quran is not comparable with the Bible. What kind of teaching do u want me to learn from the Bible? About how daugthers give their father wine and have sex with him? Genesis 19:33-35 About how a son had sex with his mother? Gen.35:22 How a father-in-law have sex with his daugther-in-law? Gen.38:15-18, How a brother rape his sister 2 samuels 13:10-14, How to kill men,women,children even animals are not spared. Joshua 6:21, how to massacre men and women, young and old then keep virgins. Numbers 31:17-18?
Re: Mecca In The Bible by mahdino: 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
macof:

rubbish

Its Eli not Ella
Eli meaning "my god"

Jesus had no business with Allah

Lemme tell u the ancient Somali worshipped one God called Waaq- he has nothing to do with Islam or Allah

Yoruba have one supreme God- Eledumare, he has nothing to do with Islam or Arab Allah

One God means monotheism not Islam

One God means monotheism, Islam is monotheism, monotheism is Islam. Every human naturally has the coscience of God in him, u can call Eli, Ela, Allah, Eledumare, Chineke as far as u submit to him alone the creator of the universe, the true one God in Arabic we call u a muslim.

1 Like

Re: Mecca In The Bible by Sard(m): 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2013
^^^^ now you finally come out to write what you have always wanted to write! I would have loved to argue with you, but my signature won't let me. *exits&unfollows thread*
Re: Mecca In The Bible by mahdino: 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
macof:

Such rubbish and lies.
Christianity was created as a religion about 50yrs after yeshua died by Paul before being reformed by the Romans

Judaism was formed after Israel's return from Babylon from the early religion which Moses created- Yahwism

Are u trying to evangelize Islam or debunk christianity?

This OP doesn't prove shiit. Wat does Mecca or Baka appearing in the Bible got to do with proving Islam is a sensible religion
I am trying to tell u that your lord is One
Re: Mecca In The Bible by mahdino: 10:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
macof:

Such silliness

So wat has Mecca got no do?
David went to Mecca does that prove he his God is living in Mecca
Nobody say God is living in Mecca, God is not a man. We respect the house not that we worship it. We respect it as muslims, David respect it as a muslim.
Re: Mecca In The Bible by mahdino: 7:43am On Dec 15, 2013
Sard: ^^^^ now you finally come out to write what you have always wanted to write! I would have loved to argue with you, but my signature won't let me. *exits&unfollows thread*
Whatever it is why won't u accept it if it is the truth and if it is not then prove me wrong

1 Like

Re: Mecca In The Bible by macof(m): 9:00am On Dec 15, 2013
mahdino:

One God means monotheism, Islam is monotheism, monotheism is Islam. Every human naturally has the coscience of God in him, u can call Eli, Ela, Allah, Eledumare, Chineke as far as u submit to him alone the creator of the universe, the true one God in Arabic we call u a muslim.

Islam is a monotheistic religion
Monotheism is worshiping one God

Whether that God is the supreme or his children

Allah is the Arab chief God over other Gods
Yahweh is well multi personated undecided
Real Yahweh is the canaanite mountain God, before judaism was created and the Jews proclaimed their God as the only God

Allah is not Yahweh
Olodumare is not Allah
Chi-ukwu is not Yahweh

One God doesn't mean Supreme God

So Op u need to go to school because u lack basic education
Re: Mecca In The Bible by macof(m): 9:03am On Dec 15, 2013
mahdino:
Nobody say God is living in Mecca, God is not a man. We respect the house not that we worship it. We respect it as muslims, David respect it as a muslim.

Lol cheesy
and psalms 84:6 doesn't state that David went to worship.
"passing through the valley" is wat he did
Re: Mecca In The Bible by PastorOluT(m): 9:11am On Dec 15, 2013
nwa.anambra:

Truly said, what an irony yet they will never see this simple truth!
Re: Mecca In The Bible by PastorOluT(m): 9:13am On Dec 15, 2013
Ajibam:

Reason why every religion has links with Christianity.
Re: Mecca In The Bible by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 15, 2013
Here is my advice to christians. Anytime a muslim tells you something in the bible validates the quran or islam, take your time to verify such claims.

Muslims are confirmed, pathetic liars who will say anything to justify their idioti.c and glaringly false religion.

The valley of baca referred to in that verse simply means the "valley of tears". It has absolutely nothing to do with mecca.

For anyone who is interested in further reading, check here https://www.bible.com/notes/6270362/the-valley-of-baca

4 Likes

Re: Mecca In The Bible by mahdino: 11:31am On Dec 15, 2013
[quote author=macof]

Islam is a monotheistic religion
Monotheism is worshiping one God

Whether that God is the supreme or his children

Allah is the Arab chief God over other Gods
Yahweh is well multi personated undecided
Real Yahweh is the canaanite mountain God, before judaism was created and the Jews proclaimed their God as the only God

Allah is not Yahweh
Olodumare is not Allah
Chi-ukwu is not Yahweh

One God doesn't mean Supreme God

So Op u need to go to school because u lack basic education[/quote

Then the Arabs use to have over 360 Gods which they say in other to get to Almighty Allah they invoke their idols, so when Mohammad came to told them that they don't need the idols to get to God which they call Allah in Arabic. I think u should read my post above, I said every human being naturally has the knowledge of God in him, no matter the language u use to call him or the name u use to call him (God) as far as u submit to him alone as ur creator and that of the universe(the supreme God) and follow the messenger of that time, one word for that in Arabic is muslim and what u practice is called Islam in Arabic

1 Like

Re: Mecca In The Bible by mahdino: 11:55am On Dec 15, 2013
rationalmind: Here is my advice to christians. Anytime a muslim tells you something in the bible validates the quran or islam, take your time to verify such claims.

Muslims are confirmed, pathetic liars who will say anything to justify their idioti.c and glaringly false religion.

The valley of baca referred to in that verse simply means the "valley of tears". It has absolutely nothing to do with mecca.

For anyone who is interested in further reading, check here https://www.bible.com/notes/6270362/the-valley-of-baca

If u had read my first post u will see where I said it was the first house built dedicated to God by Abraham and Ishmael. If u have further read the site u post u will see that it say that was were hagar and Ishmael live. The valley of tears is simply another name for vally of Mecca .https://www.bible.com/notes/6270362/the-valley-of-baca
Re: Mecca In The Bible by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
mahdino:

If u had read my first post u will see where I said it was the first house built dedicated to God by Abraham and Ishmael. If u have further read the site u post u will see that it say that was were hagar and Ishmael live. The valley of tears is simply another name for vally of Mecca .https://www.bible.com/notes/6270362/the-valley-of-baca

Stop lying for your religion. There is no single historical evidence that abraham ever passed through mecca let alone built a house dedicated to God. Kabah was actually built in 5 A.D by a pagan Yemeni leader called Abu Karb Asa’d

The gist of my first reply since those dark colored glasses of islam prevented you from seeing is, the valley of baca referred to in the bible has nothing to do with mecca.

It is just a case of same names referring to different places.

2 Likes

Re: Mecca In The Bible by mahdino: 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
rationalmind:

Stop lying for your religion. There is no single historical evidence that abraham ever passed through mecca let alone built a house dedicated to God. Kabah was actually built in 5 A.D by a pagan Yemeni leader called Abu Karb Asa’d

The gist of my first reply since those dark colored glasses of islam prevented you from seeing is, the valley of baca referred to in the bible has nothing to do with mecca.

It is just a case of same names referring to different places.

Infact u helped us to supply the evidence the proof that Abraham passed through Mecca the fact that his wife and his son were their.
Time after time people that came add to deplidated building, time after time, so many different people kept the building at their own time, but it was Abraham that set and founded the house. The fact that u know that it was were Abraham's family wandered around is enough for u to know that Abraham was there first before the Yemeni leader (Abu karb Asa'd) u are talking about
Re: Mecca In The Bible by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
mahdino:

Infact u helped us to supply the evidence the proof that Abraham passed through Mecca the fact that his wife and his son were their.
Time after time people that came add to deplidated building, time after time, so many different people kept the building at their own time, but it was Abraham that set and founded the house. The fact that u know that it was were Abraham's family wandered around is enough for u to know that Abraham was there first before the Yemeni leader (Abu karb Asa'd) u are talking about

And when does the bible become an historical document? Which historian consults the bible when doing serious historical studies.

I told you there is no single historical evidence and you referred to a site I supplied talking about the bible. How dumb can it get!!!

The bible is a book of myths, so also the quran.

What I gave you showed that abraham passed through the valley of baca which has nothing to do with your mecca.
Re: Mecca In The Bible by onetrack(m): 1:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
rationalmind:

And when does the bible become an historical document? Which historian consults the bible when doing serious historical studies.

I told you there is no single historical evidence and you referred to a site I supplied talking about the bible. How dumb can it get!!!

What I gave you showed that abraham passed through the valley of baca which has nothing to do with your mecca.

Agreed, there is not even any evidence for the existence of Abraham.

Baka, Mecca, no evidence they are the same. "Valley of tears"--no evidence that it is Mecca. Muhammad just wanted to connect his new religion with Judaism to gain credibility with the Jews of the area, and possibly to convert them. The Ka'aba is a pagan shrine (like all shrines, come to think of it)
Re: Mecca In The Bible by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
onetrack:

Agreed, there is not even any evidence for the existence of Abraham.

Baka, Mecca, no evidence they are the same. "Valley of tears"--no evidence that it is Mecca.
Muhammad just wanted to connect his new religion with Judaism to gain credibility with the Jews of the area, and possibly to convert them. The Ka'aba is a pagan shrine (like all shrines, come to think of it)

100 percent agree with the bolded.
Re: Mecca In The Bible by mahdino: 1:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
rationalmind:

Well if u don't believe in the site u supplied, then why did u refer us to it, Mr man I am only using what u bring forward to prove my point. Ok u said valley of Baca, is the valley of baca in Asia? No, did Abraham pass by Europe? NO . The valley of Baca is in Arabia where the family of Abraham lived. That is exactly where Mecca is.
Re: Mecca In The Bible by macof(m): 2:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
mahdino:

Well if u don't believe in the site u supplied, then why did u refer us to it, Mr man I am only using what u bring forward to prove my point. Ok u said valley of Baca, is the valley of baca in Asia? No, did Abraham pass by Europe? NO . The valley of Baca is in Arabia where the family of Abraham lived. That is exactly where Mecca is.

Let me not argue wit u.

But why all this stress to prove to Christians that Islam's God is their God?
Wats ur tribal affiliation? Can u go through all this to teach ur ancestral spirituality? Do u even know ur ancestral spirituality?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Brazilian Gospel Singer Child Star, Jotta A Turns Transgender Female / Tithes In Redeemed Church, What Do U Think? / See Who Mocked God And What Happened To Them Afterward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.