Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday (10410 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike / FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by sambas: 11:28am On Dec 14, 2013
The five-month-old strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) may be over within the next four days.

This disclosure was made known to DailyPost in Abuja Saturday morning.

In an exclusive interview with our reporter, Professor Ike Odimegwu, Chairman of ASUU Chapter, Nnamdi Azikwe University, said the union stands by its promise to make public its decision on or before Wednesday, December 18, 2013.

“You know we reached that agreement and signed it 6pm last Wednesday (Dec. 11), he said. “After that, we promised Nigerians that we will communicate our decision within a week.”

“What that means is, there is still ample time to do so until 6pm of next Wednesday. The people should not be agitated. On our part, we are ready to effect our side of the deal so no cause for alarm.”

When asked on the likely decision of the Union leaders, Prof. Odimegwu refused to give a definite answer.

“My dear friend, that I cannot say for now. Don’t forget we are one body. We will invite all of you (journalists) to come and hear our position. Our president (Dr. Isa Fagge) will officially announce the union’s decision.”

“But till then, Nigerians should keep calm and not speculate anything. We all love this country and all we are doing is for the good of the university system,” the official added.

The action which clocks 167 days today, has crippled academic activities on campuses nationwide.

The lecturers had embark on the action in July, following inability of the Federal Government to implement the 2009 pact both parties reached.

Despite threats of sack by the FG and Committee of Vice-Chancellors, ASUU has remained resolute, vowing that no amount of intimidation would deter its over 60, 000 members from seeking a better condition of service and infrastructure of government-owned varsiti

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/12/14/ASUU-strike-nigerians-expect-decision-wednesday-official/
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by sambas: 11:30am On Dec 14, 2013
“My dear friend, that I cannot say for now. Don’t forget we are one body. Wewill invite all of you (journalists) to come and hear our position. Our president (Dr. Isa Fagge) will officially announce the union’s decision.”“But till then, Nigerians should keep calm and not speculate anything. We all love this country and all weare doing is for the good ofthe university system,” the official added.The action which clocks 167 days today, has crippled academic activitieson campuses nationwide.The lecturers had embark on the action in July, following inability of the Federal Government to implement the 2009 pact both parties reached.Despite threats of sack by the FG and Committee of Vice-Chancellors, ASUU hasremained resolute, vowing that no amount of intimidation would deter its over 60, 000 members from seeking a better condition of service and infrastructure of government-owned varsities.ow.ly/28VqwL
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by ennon92(m): 11:44am On Dec 14, 2013
We all love this country and all weare doing is for the good ofthe university system,” the official added.[/quote]I fear the above part of the quote; I'm thinking they 'll table another issue ....i just which student can go back to school early january. My thought!
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by Akin89(m): 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
All I care for is the strike be called off nextweek
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by Luxiana19(f): 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ode people
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by valdprof: 1:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
sambas: The five months old strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) may be over within the next four days.This disclosure was made known to DailyPost in Abuja Saturday morning.In an exclusive interview with our reporter, Professor Ike Odimegwu, Chairman of ASUU Chapter,Nnamdi Azikwe University, said the union stands by itspromise to make public its decision on or before Wednesday December 18, 2013.“You know we reached thatagreement and signed it 6pm last Wednesday (Dec. 11), he said. “After that, we promised Nigerians that we will communicate our decision within a week.”“What that means is, there still ample time to do so until 6pm of next Wednesday. The people should not be agitated. On our part, we are ready to effect our side of the deal so no cause for alarm.”When asked the likely pronouncement by the union leaders, Prof. Odimegwu refused to give a definite answer.
If I were the presideo , then I wud knw Y ASSU wud not call off the strike 48 hours after the pact..mtchwww
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by ese79(m): 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
so ASUU stil have SOMTHING to delibrate and make 'decision' on. I fear for the unknown
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by originalking1(m): 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
Asuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!
Go to hell wit ur decision cos i dont care again!!!!!!!!
All student are hereby directed to resume school by 6th of january 2014. Happy xmas n cerebrate wisely.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
Y should we wait 4 a whole week
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
They have to consult Apc, before they can take their final stand.the other day,the hausa ASUU president said that they should sign the pact and see if the strike is not call off within 48hrs.,now what are we seeing? APC E-RAT wil still come here and blast Gej..it's really a shame

6 Likes

Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by Walexsammy(m): 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
Buh seriously wtf was all this rubbish.....what is it gonna take dem to deliberate and make dia stand known?........na wa ooo...anoda week?.....it seems these guys have already sworn neva to return to classes thise year
May God help us
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by abubaka101: 9:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
so ASUU is still trending If you don't call off now when will u den call off You guys just caused thousands of youths to be idle since July!!!!
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by somito121(m): 9:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
You guys should understand d fact dat this strike is for our own gud..But i get business oooh...
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by pseudonomer: 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
What are they saying again?
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by alotofgrace(m): 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
i hope lecturers will still remember dia field topics
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by imsuboi(m): 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
undecided who cares?
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
All dx men dy quick commet oo ??
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by IYANGBALI: 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
Akin89: All I care for is the strike be called off nextweek
all I care is for the strike not to continue. I hate schooling,I want to get married and be free from school se_x,sorry I mean stress
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by IYANGBALI: 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
abubaka101: so ASUU is still trending If you don't call off now when will u den call off You guys just caused thousands of youths to be idle since July!!!!
we youths are not complaining jo

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by rossete2020(f): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
ASUU what we want 2 hear on or b4 wednesday is dis- ASUU suspend strike, ASUU call off strike. Gbam
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by eddiegate(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
First page tinz.I must gve special tankz to God,ma mom,dad,brodas,sistaz nd church members for deir relentless prayaz...now I know y cece winnas sang :it wasn't easy;...ma advice to odaz,if only u put ur mind u can achieve just about anytin...nd tnkz to ASUU 4 makin dis possible
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by Sodiq33(m): 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
“ There is beauty in truth, even if
it's painful. Those who lie, twist life so
that it looks tasty to the lazy, brilliant to
the ignorant, and powerful to the weak.
But lies only strengthen our defects. They
don't teach anything, help anything, fix
anything or cure anything. Nor do they
develop one's character, one's mind,
one's heart or one's soul... ASUU LIED TO US..
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by yinkzzboy: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
ASSU I sha no wan see '' Assu vows to continue strike'' on or before wednesday on nairaland.
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by LMAyedun(m): 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
SMH!!
Nigeria Students don suffer for dis Country oh!
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by kayojosephy(m): 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
This is a blockbuster movie,i guess ASUU wants it to end in an unpredictale way or probably planning out a new episode to give it a satisfactory finishing touch like d korean movies....
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by yim(f): 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
Those pple are intellectual idiots
I wonder if the agreement includes the fact that they will do more research and teach better. Yeye pple
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by free2ryhme: 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
make una research una decision wella

grin grin
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by savedbreak: 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
APC is at it again!
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
Rubbish this re people re fools Nigerians can now see how foolish they re
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by 9jahubcom(m): 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
ok na
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by Sultanchidi(m): 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hmmm at last ASUU won
Re: ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2013
Please speak for yourself only
IYA NGBALI: we youths are not complaining jo

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG May Transfer Uni-abuja Students To Other Varsities / Organic Chemistry Only!!! / Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.