Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,986 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:57 AM

Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria (17610 Views)

Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings / Jonathan Will Concede Defeat If He Loses - Presidency / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by ba7man(m): 12:30am On Dec 15, 2013
I read about GEJ's achievements but to be honest..........The change he has being a catalyst in my current situation is the fuel increase.

I also plan on buying another "Tokunbo" vehicle soon but that might change due to the fact that they'll soon become super expensive.

Light situation is worse in my area, I saw renovation works at the airport but what percentage of Nigerians can afford air travel?

Trains have started transporting goods which is good but all these corrupt individuals he surrounds himself, oil theft, insecurity, different frauds exposed but he remains silent, the ethnic Politics he plays (The Igbos are my pillars), The Governors forum mess, the Port Harcourt drama, pardoning questionable characters etc leaves a bad taste compared to his achievements.

Now, the whole country is waiting for GEJ to adress them on the contents of OBJ's letter but he remains silent again. If he was truely concerned about the people, he should have adressed the Nation with immediate effect.

Everybody is saying the same thing about him and his weak stance against corruption, even George Bush (He's not an APC member).

This is not the kind of "Change" we should still be grappling with in year 2013. Nations are leaving us behind daily.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 15, 2013
djon78:

Sincere you are making a valid point, Akinwumi Adesina worshiped at my church some sundays ago to thank God for the progress he had achieved and one statement he made that shocked me was that he never knew the president from any where, that it was the president that found him where he was at work and look what he is doing. Infact let me go on spiritual dimension the kind of prayer being waged in the spirit these dark evil forces have already been defeated, God of heavens is in control. When GEJ went on a spiritual journey to Israel I knew that from the eyes of unseen that GEJ is Gods anointed and all those fighting him will be confounded, I am using these medium to warn them that if they know the judgement of God that will come uppon them, you will see in few weeks time, sons of belial that has caused pain on this nation by their wickedness for the past 40 years, God has arisen to judge and this is word for the president by the psamist The Lord is my Light and my salvation whom shall I fear, the Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid, when my enemies came to eat my flesh they were consumed. Thus says God the creator of the ends of the earth.
Thank you my brother. Not only Akinwumi was appointed in that manner, even the INEC chairman was appointed by the president simply because of integrity and professionalism. Same with Christopher Kolade, Olusegun Aganga, Prof Nebo (power minister), Omobola Johnson (minister of ICT), Sam Amadi (chairman NERC), Okonjo Iweala, etc. These people are neither politicians nor any of the re-circled faces we''r used to in the past govts. And as far as I'm concerned they represent FRESH AIR in governance.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 15, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

I know your so called prayer is selfish and evil, hence the reason there has been no answer till tomorrow! Pastor Tunde Bakare, by God's Spirit clearly prophesied and warned Jonathan what He will become if He choose not to listen and so far, Pastor Bakare has been spot on.

Does it come across to you that God would approve of a man who:
1. eats N1bn food yearly,

2. Lies to the people He claims to be leading

3. 'honours' criminals in the land,

3.supports political assassinations,

4. Refused to 'honour' His own promises to those He forced Himself upon?

5. Lied about His one- term in office?

The God I worship, the Almighty God of Heaven and Earth, the Sovereign King of Glory has revealed time and time that He does not support injustice and is not a party to those who support injustice like Jonathan cool
For want of what to hold on to, you guys have resorted to telling lies repeatedly hoping that by so doing your lies will transform to truth. Pls can you show us evidence from the 2013 budget how the president "eats N1 billion food yearly"? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 15, 2013
Yawns!!!

A moderator that openly declared for GEJ 2015 in 2013.. negro please!!!!

Now he wrote another assss licking, emotional write up!

We want a true revolution not GEJ replacing old cabals with new ones.

Old cabals go chop sotay dem don dey reason stop to dey chop now new cabal want start to dey chop for another sotayyyyyyy time.. God forbid!!

GEJ pay all the moderators to write all their nonsense! Nigerians don't want you again!! shikena!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 15, 2013
ba7man: I read about GEJ's achievements but to be honest..........The change he has being a catalyst in my current situation is the fuel increase.

I also plan on buying another "Tokunbo" vehicle soon but that might change due to the fact that they'll soon become super expensive.

Light situation is worse in my area, I saw renovation works at the airport but what percentage of Nigerians can afford air travel?

Trains have started transporting goods which is good but all these corrupt individuals he surrounds himself, oil theft, insecurity, different frauds exposed but he remains silent, the ethnic Politics he plays (The Igbos are my pillars), The Governors forum mess, the Port Harcourt drama, pardoning questionable characters etc leaves a bad taste compared to his achievements.

Now, the whole country is waiting for GEJ to adress them on the contents of OBJ's letter but he remains silent again. If he was truely concerned about the people, he should have adressed the Nation with immediate effect.

Everybody is saying the same thing about him and his weak stance against corruption, even George Bush (He's not an APC member).

This is not the kind of "Change" we should still be grappling with in year 2013. Nations are leaving us behind daily.
If we agree that privatisation of PHCN is the first and most important step towards having a sustainable stable power supply in the country, hasn't that privatisation been done? If you dont agree with privatisation, kindly proffer your solution to decades of epileptic power supply in Nigeria.

Here in Enugu (in most places), there has been stable power supply in the last 2 weeks or so. In fact, where I stay, power has only gone off for about 10 minutes in the last 36 hours or so ( since Friday night). I think (I'm not sure), the problem in Lagos is that the generation allocated to the state is insufficient. While in the past it was possible to divert power allocations from some states to serve Lagos and Abuja (and I think this was more rampant in the days of Barth Nnaji), now its a bit difficult because any of the private distribution companies that gets lesser than the agreed allocation will immediately cry out. The Kano distribution company did that recently and NERC immediately moved in to rectify it. Since the distribution companies are now privately owed, the profit they make is determined by the power they can sell and this is in turn is determined by the power allocated to them by the transmission company of Nigeria.

So bottomline, I think the problem in Lagos will ease as the generation capacity increases. Moreover, the dividends of the privatisation process can only start manifesting in 6 months to 1 year time. The new owners are still battling to make the best out of what they bought.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by ba7man(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
If we agree that privatisation of PHCN is the first and most important step towards having a sustainable stable power supply in the country, hasn't that privatisation been done? If you dont agree with privatisation, kindly proffer your solution to decades of epileptic power supply in Nigeria.

Here in Enugu (in most places), there has been stable power supply in the last 2 weeks or so. In fact, where I stay, power has only gone off for about 10 minutes in the last 36 hours or so ( since Friday night). I think (I'm not sure), the problem in Lagos is that the generation allocated to the state is insufficient. While in the past it was possible to divert power allocations from some states to serve Lagos and Abuja (and I think this was more rampant in the days of Barth Nnaji), now its a bit difficult because any of the private distribution companies that gets lesser than the agreed allocation will immediately cry out. The Kano distribution company did that recently and NERC immediately moved in to rectify it. Since the distribution companies are now privately owed, the profit they make is determined by the power they can sell and this is in turn is determined by the power allocated to them by the transmission company of Nigeria.

So bottomline, I think the problem in Lagos will ease as the generation capacity increases. Moreover, the dividends of the privatisation process can only start manifesting in 6 months to 1 year time. The new owners are still battling to make the best out of what they bought.
Some of G.E.J's efforts might have positive benefits in the long run but he's messing up big time by letting his minions run amok.

His weak stand against the foundational problems of this country will stain the rail and power sector he's fixing if he doesn't act fast to win the confidence of the people..........of which, his silence isn't helping matters.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by citizenY(m): 10:47am On Dec 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Thank you my brother. Not only Akinwumi was appointed in that manner, even the INEC chairman was appointed by the president simply because of integrity and professionalism. Same with Christopher Kolade, Olusegun Aganga, Prof Nebo (power minister), Omobola Johnson (minister of ICT), Sam Amadi (chairman NERC), Okonjo Iweala, etc. These people are neither politicians nor any of the re-circled faces we''r used to in the past govts. And as far as I'm concerned they represent FRESH AIR in governance.

We are not making altar calls here. If the Jerusalem pilgrim still has some calories of the temperature of Israel in him, he should have addressed the rather weighty missive and not behave as if nothing has happened.

Your sanctimonious observations cut no ice with us. Who knows it feels it. Our eyes and ears tell us that all is not well.

Please be sincere for a change and stop insulting our sensibilities. There must be a limit to sycophancy, where common sense should prevail. Why are you so dense?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by TonySpike: 11:03am On Dec 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Fantastic write up, @Afam4eva. But I hate the fact that you started from e defensive point (the I'm not a sycophant bla, bla,bla). The propaganda and onslaught from Tinubu warriors have pushed many of you into defensive positions. This is an open and anonymous forum for goodness sake and everyone should be able to express him or herself without fear or favour. If anyone does not agree with the position of another, he or she should challenge that position with SUPERIOR argument.

What happens on this forum, which is very unfortunate, is that once an ID expresses any opinion that is contrary to that of Tinubu slaves, rather than challenge that opinion with SUPERIOR argument, Tinubu slaves will resort to blackmail- it is either they accuse the ID of being a sycophant or being a paid poster.

I dont think the response to the blackmail from Tinubu slaves is adopting a defensive position like you've done. For me, the best form of defence is attack and that is what I will continue to do. Because left to Tinubu slaves, GEJ should have no supporters online. The fools expect all of us to queue behind them and worship their master Tinubu.

Just imagine what this forum would have been like if not for the likes of yours sincerely, Taharqa and others that have pushed back the evil group called Tinubu warriors?

@Topic, President Jonathan indeed represents a breath of fresh air. I say this not because he is perfect or that he has done all things perfectly but so far he is the BEST leader we've ever had in the last 3 decades.

Working with people like Akinwumi Adeshina, Okonjo Iweala, Prof Nebo, Prof Onyebuchi Chukwu, Olusegun Aganga, Mrs Omobola Johnson, Stella Oduah, etc, GEJ govt represents nothing but fresh air.

Dude, can you ever comment on any thread without mentioning Tinubu's name? For Heaven's sake, you mentioned Tinubu's name seven(7) times. Do you see him in your dreams everyday to warrant this obsession? This is so ludicrous!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 15, 2013
ba7man: Some of G.E.J's efforts might have positive benefits in the long run but he's messing up big time by letting his minions run amok.

His weak stand against the foundational problems of this country will stain the rail and power sector he's fixing if he doesn't act fast to win the confidence of the people..........of which, his silence isn't helping matters.
What fundamental problems are you talking about? If its corruption, my position on that is that corruption cannot and can NEVER be fought the way you and I want whilst Nigeria is still under the current corrupt structure. If it is the much needed re-structuring, it cannot be done without the support of the whole north. As at today, the whole north is anti-restructuring and any politician that talks of restructuring is seen as anti-north. This is why the Alex Ekwueme, despite being one of the founding fathers of PDP, lost the PDP primary ticket to OBJ in 1998. I'm sorry to say it, but until the north says yes to re-structuring, no restructuring for Nigeria. And the north is not likely to say yes to restructuring until crude oil dries up in the Niger Delta. These are some of the consequences of the power struggle and crisis of the 60s that you and I have to live it.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 15, 2013
Tony Spike:

Dude, can you ever comment on any thread without mentioning Tinubu's name? For Heaven's sake, you mentioned Tinubu's name seven(7) times. Do you see him in your dreams everyday to warrant this obsession? This is so ludicrous!
I'm only following the path laid down by APC e-warriors. When they leave the person of the president and start discussing issues, I will also leave their Tinubu/Buhari alone.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by iconaus: 11:39am On Dec 15, 2013
Good observation . i love your write up -- it says it all . that is why GEJ is being fought from all angles because power appears to be slipping away from the cabal - Jona is the change we need. Jona may be the last president of Nigeria . He is there for a purpose which will manifest later . Even if he dies in the office, his death will not be in vain.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Jman06(m): 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
agbameta:

And who are the new players he's shifting to? Maku, Gulak, Oduah, Obi and all the other corrupt clowns he's saddling us with? Just who are they and shift to where exactly?

I was expecting a serious thread, but obliviously as usual, this is another pointless comedic thread with zero honesty and substance......
Nobody expected you to like the thread since it was not singing praises of APC, Tinubu, Fashola, Buhari and their cohorts. However, your dislike for the thread does not change the facts contained therein . @Op, thanks for your thought provoking write up. After reading your post, i was relieved knowing that other Nigerians are actually not ignorant of the motives behind all the campaigns of calumny against Jonathan's administration,and which has tensed up the nation's political atmospher. It is only the politically naive that will not understand that all the conspiracies against Jonathan are due to the fact that his administration is changing the old order where some self serving politicians see themselves as demi gods that must rule while others serve. It will only be in the interests of our present and unborn generations if we the citizens of Nigeria rise in support of Jonathan's administration in his efforts to recover Nigeria from the strong holds of these cabals that are bent on milking the nation to death. A word is enough for the wise!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Tofax: 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
The defeated candidate of CPC in the 2011
presidential election and the leader of APC, Maj Gen.
Buhari met with Gen Olusegun Obasanjo saturday
night in Otta, in Ogun state on invitation of former
president Pointblanknews.com has learnt .
This is coming on the heel of Obasanjo’s 18 page
“letter bomb” to president Jonathan that is still
generating a lot of heat in the polity.
Political feelers are now coming to terms that the
actions of the G-7, House speaker’s recent
utterances about Jonathan’s body language and
corruption, CBN governor’s letter about some
missing monies at the NNPC, and Obasanjo’s letter
might all be from the same script.
Even though the agenda of the meeting was not
known ,It was however clear the duo would talk about
the political developments, Jonathan, and 2015.
The meeting is also a curious one as it is between
Obasanjo and a leader of the opposition. It has also
left tongues wagging as to the intentions of Obasanjo,
who after his “letter bomb” found it apprpriate to
meet with Jonathan at a private breakfast in Nairobi,
Kenya next day.
culled from: Pointblanknews.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by agbameta: 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
Jman06: Nobody expected you to like the thread since it was not singing praises of APC, Tinubu, Fashola, Buhari and their cohorts. However, your dislike for the thread does not change the facts contained therein . @Op, thanks for your thought provoking write up. After reading your post, i was relieved knowing that other Nigerians are actually not ignorant of the motives behind all the campaigns of calumny against Jonathan's administration,and which has tensed up the nation's political atmospher. It is only the politically naive that will not understand that all the conspiracies against Jonathan are due to the fact that his administration is changing the old order where some self serving politicians see themselves as demi gods that must rule while others serve. It will only be in the interests of our present and unborn generations if we the citizens of Nigeria rise in support of Jonathan's administration in his efforts to recover Nigeria from the strong holds of these cabals that are bent on milking the nation to death. A word is enough for the wise!

Just like the aso rock dullard, no substance and very very pointless.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
I have things to say about GEJ and his administration...but I don't think the time is ripe. And this isn't the right thread smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley for now! I'm not a GEJ propagandist, but I'm kinda impressed with his administration.....Nigerians/Nairalanders are just too Naive to see the bigger picture. Funny, The point I have in mind is even a totally different Dimension from yours.

seee you again, Politics section smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by patriotic007: 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
GEJ represents a change and shift from the normal old brigade that has killed this country,....I know that after GEJ power has shifted finally from the cabal and yesterdays men,...GEJ himself is the revolution but people dont seem to see it because this cabals always have a way of manipulating the mind of Nigerians to suit their selfish ends

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by OgologoDimkpa: 1:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
Waiting for Tinubu & Buhari salves to come a run their mouth on this thread

Afam4eva, good write up but next time you should not be defensive in your
analysis cos you owe nobody any apology.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by mrrock: 1:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
"What most of us do not understand is that there is a particular group of
military officers and powerful civilians that participated in the events that
led up to and the civil war itself that believes that Nigeria is a `spoil` of
their war and that they will personally chose who governs it at their whims
& caprices. People like Obj, Danjuma, Ibb, Jerry Useni, Buhari etc".

@luvinhuby.

This your statement above is the real problem with Nigeria. And it's as pure as snow. I have long maintained that there are some powerful people that must be dead before Nigeria can progress. Some of them you've mentioned.
As long as these people are alive Nigeria is going nowhere, unless there's a bloody revolution that ends the status quo.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
mr op. . . .i no read am finish but u heard wetin dat prophet talk. . .e dey front page. . .abi u wan kill jonathan?
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by DrDoGood1(m): 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
Singing ………..
Obasanjo is a goatu oooh is a goatu..ooh Obasanjo is a goatu oooh ewansa!

Babangida is a goatu oooh is a goatu..ooh Babangida is a goatu oooh ewansa!

Buhari is a goatu oooh is a goatu..ooh Buhari is a goatu oooh ewansa!

Atiku is a goatu oooh is a goatu..ooh Atiku is a goatu oooh ewansa!

Ameachi is a goatu oooh is a goatu..ooh Ameachi is a goatu oooh ewansa!

Continue!!!!!

Clapping!!!!

Jonathan am still watching you in 3-D, will soon sing your song.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by femo1000(m): 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
Absolute rubbish angry
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by pdf90(m): 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
Abagworo:

Afam you should understand that the real civil right activists and the masses have no interest in who is in power but on changing Nigeria. If APC wins in 2015 and continues with corruption, tribalism and religious intolerance the civil society and masses will still turn against them. Jonathan should remove his interest from power and build a legacy of changing Nigeria for good. Let there be real credible elections. Let anyone caught involved in corruption and tribalism be given an accelerated trial and jailed or killed. That's just all I want and I'm not seeing it.

Most governors are doing well in terms of infrastructure because Nigeria is earning more from oil and not because they are better managers than those who ruled when oil was $9. We need accountability and respect for human rights.

if APC win in 2015 how do they intend to end tribalism corruption , religious intolerance . are they magicians
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Kairoseki77: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
It is disgusting that you are the moderator of the politics section during lead up to our general election.

People have been saying that you are biased for over a year. You have ALWAYS denied it and lied that you were impartial.

A few days ago you wrote that you were "the most Igbotic person on NL" and now this?!

Nairaland can no longer be trusted as a source of unbiased election coverage. Seun should be ashamed of himself for his consistenty poor hiring practices.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Crap! Karl Popper would be angry in his grave that you used "paradigm shift" in writing this.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by pdf90(m): 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
ba7man: I read about GEJ's achievements but to be honest..........The change he has being a catalyst in my current situation is the fuel increase.

that is exactly what the opposition want him to do
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by hotmas911(m): 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
it is a pity 99 percent of Nigerian youths are sentimental. Anybody that is objective and knows this country well will agree with some points made by the O.P. Personally i share the O.P's tots on GEJ being a game changer. But GEJ doesn't have to recontest to do that. I think he should carefully shop for a neutra, more capable candidate and throw all his presidential power behind him. With that he may go down in history as a positive game changer. I admire Tinubu but he has created a monster that his power can't control. But let's wait and see how APC's presidential candidate will emerge and who that will be. But honestly i dont see much difference in options on ground.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
Nigerians with their skewed and sentimental mentality. Yet everyone wants to talk and also be heard and respected. Nigeria is politicaly inept!
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by pdf90(m): 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
Kairoseki77: It is disgusting that you are the moderator of the politics section during lead up to our general election.

People have been saying that you are biased for over a year. You have ALWAYS denied it and lied that you were impartial.

A few days ago you wrote that you were "the most Igbotic person on NL" and now this?!

Nairaland can no longer be trusted as a source of unbiased election coverage. Seun should be ashamed of himself for his consistenty poor hiring practices.

Guy what exactly do you want . the owner of Nairaland is a Yoruba man . Being igbotic can have its good sides too . Try and put this tribalism thing away that's the way forward.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
Unadulterated truth!!!
Afam4eva: The title of this thread will come as a rude shock to a lot of people considering the fact that i'm neither a sycophant nor a paid agent of Jonathan and what i'm about to say here is not necessarily related to developmental strides of Jonathan which is not obvious to a lot of us. I won't join the bandwagon of those folks who keep telling us how Jonathan has changed Nigeria in his short stay as president. Jonathan is not a saint and has not lived up to the expectations of majority of Nigerians but neither did our past leaders including Obasanjo. But if there's one reason why i will want Jonathan to continue as our president, it's due to the fact that him being a present presents us with a new political dimension from what we've had for decades now. Ordinarily, someone of Jonathan's caliber would not have mounted the exalted seat of the presidency if not for the fat that befell his former boss, Yaradua. When Yaradua was presented to Nigerians, those that chose him wanted a vice president for him and they wanted someone that would be seen but not heard. They needed someone who would do their bidding without asking questions. They had the opportunity of presenting the likes of Donal Duke, Peter Odilli who were more more popular as far as that region was concerned but instead they went for a Jonathan who was the governor of a Bayelsa state and who didn't exactly have the political clout as he got to that seat due to what befell his oga at that time. So, we were presented with Jonathan and many of us top he would remain a figure head under Yaradua but as fate could have it, Yaradua died and Jonathan had to fill that void. I'm not sure this is what the political heavyweights or the cabals who put him there were expecting. They had a game plan and Jonathan becoming Nigeria's president couldn't have been part of the plan. The political atmosphere was boiling as at when Yaradua died and those in power were hesitating to give Jonathan the full powers to take up from where Yaradua stopped and that was because Jonathan did not belong to that caucus of political leaders who had held the nation to ransom and they knew Jonathan could squash their plans. When they eventually gave Jonathan the power to become a substantive president, a lot of people were expecting him to cause a political revolution and this was what necessitated the protests by civil society groups for him to be made the substantive president. Some months after Jonathan was made the president, a lot of people were disappointed cos it seemed Jonathan was going the way of his predecessors and a lot of people called him a weak and ball-less president cos he was very slow at making decisions and they felt he was receiving order from God knows where. Over the years, i have watched Jonathan grow in confidence and it can be seen even in his boldness when being interviewed on TV. Today, Jonathan has become more bold by the day and it seems to be that he has started making decisions independent of those cabals that put him there. I think this is the first step of moving away from the status quo. We have seen the ramblings in the letter that OBJ wrote Jonathan. We have also heard the likes of IBB, Atiku and other elder statesmen calling for the head of Jonathan. We have also seen people who we thought inherited PDP from their father moving over to the opposition party. I think this calls for celebration because when Satan criticizes someone then that person must be doing something right. Jonathan may not be the best leader we can have. Far from it. But i think he represents a paradigm shift from the status quo that has been molded by the cabals who have held this nation to ransome since 1970.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by amaziingabbey: 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
How do someone create a thread..A Nigga is new in here, positive reply would be appreciated.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by abes(m): 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva:
djon78:
Afam may God bless u, GEj is the first comon man to take the exalted seat of governance. For the past 40 years, Nigeria was ran by the sons of belial, abominable, wicked and devilish men. Nigeria has sold more than a trillion $ worth of oil, but nothing to show 4 it. Infact the position GEj dey in as Nija president is not something I will wish on my enemies. All I owe him is to continous pray for him, likewise all of us cos uneasy lies the head that wear the crown.
You really understand the issues and the bolded captures it.

GEJ that has been in government for over 11 years prior to becoming the president elect, did you just call him a common man?
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
Standing ovation and middle finger to the OP!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbos Don’t Trust Themselves – Ekwueme / Breaking: again Court grants Dasuki Bail / Obaseki Sacks All Local Government Appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.