Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,586 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi (2230 Views)

Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims / Gumi's Response To Kukah's Speech At Yakowa's Funeral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nigeria’s Safety, Jonathan Should Resign Or Face Humiliation –
Sheik Gumi
December 14, 2013 - 17:37 — siteadmin
caption:
Sheik Ahmad Gumi
By SaharaReporters, New York
An influential Nigerian Islamic scholar, Sheik Ahmad Abubakar Gumi, today
warned President Goodluck Jonathan to resign or face humiliation in the
2015 election.
In a statement released earlier today, Mr. Gumi said, “For Nigerians to be
safe, [President Goodluck Jonathan] has three options. He either resigns or
becomes impeached as the dirt becomes overwhelming, or he is humiliated
in a general election. This time around, [the possibility of] rigging a national
election with such wanton scandals is almost nil.”
The cleric added: “What really matters most in life is today not yesterday
or tomorrow. For today, Obasanjo has done his best to admonish and warn
the nation. I salute his courage and reversal! How many of our leaders can
say what he said?”
The outspoken religious preacher also talked about his close shave with
death. “On Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at about 3.30 p.m. two men were
attempting to plant an IED (improvised explosive device) as I was on my
way to the mosque when it accidentally went off, killing both. The two
bodies were whisked away by the army preventing even the BBC and VOA
Hausa reporters from filming the bodies. To date the bodies are hidden and
the culprits are not identified publicly.”
Also in strengthening Sheikh Gumi’s position, an on-line commentator
wrote: “[Henry] Okah admitted that Jonathan masterminded the bombing in
Abuja for political ends. Why should it be farfetched that Jonathan plans to
use snipers to murder democracy? The amazing thing is that [President
Barack] Obama and the European Union [leaders] are aware of this plan and
have kept quiet. We are on our own. To stop the looming bloodshed which
Nigerians are likely to witness, Jonathan must be impeached now. Is it
normal for someone going into elections to behave the way Jonathan is
behaving? He has told anyone who cares to listen that he does not care.
Would someone like that normally win an election? The National Assembly
needs to be brave and impeach this armed robber now.”

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
source sahara reporters.
mod please move this to front page for proper debate.
l know this topic is not about tonto dike; tecno dis n dat so doubt the chance of it seen front page.
Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Afam4eva(m): 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
I think Jonathan is ready to face humiliation. I think he likes being humiliated.

7 Likes

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by fiizznation: 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
Well said. Jona-doomed u beta listen b4 it is too late
Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
I don't think gej can be impeaced neither will he loose 2015 nor resign.only option left for d generals will be cxxx that is if it is still posible. I doubt d possibility of a Change in govt till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by mekaboy(m): 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
The north threatening Nigeria again. We are tired of your threat and terror. Jonathan will contest and we can will vote him. let us watch u do ur worst.

So unless a northern muslim rules Nigeria, there will be no peace.

7 Likes

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by kelvincoll(m): 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
Yea right.. for Nigeria's safety indeed.

Isn't this the same Democratic kind of govt in which massive electioneering and campaigns are embarked upon with the most popular and most acceptable candidate being voted into power? what Nigerians should be advocating for is free and fair elections come 2015, where the most acceptable candidate irrespective of party affiliation, tribe or religion wins the day. I believe anyone and everyone as allowed by constitution can exercise his or her franchise.

2 Likes

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by unmask: 8:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
we seem to be losing sight of things... I am not a friend of jonathan for the singular reason that he is not competent for the position he occupies...dude can't even call his wife to order, how much more the plethora of corrupt officials.... I am sure i echo the thoughts of others when i say it was never about ethnicity, our leaders as usual played that card to mislead....or how else would you explain the fact that people who voted massively for him then are now against him....would we say it was after the election they realised he is from ss?....my take is still that whether the president is from ss,se,sw,nc,nw or ne, whether he be a xtian, muslim or pagan.., i don't care as long as he/she can rule competently....unfortunately jonathan isn't that person, even alams will likely do a bettes job than him
Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Dibiachukwu: 8:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
To hell with Nigeria!
Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by tmtech: 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
I don't know why pple wince when a politician insists on running for second term....ofwhich the so called idiots we prefer to vote for and wish they gain power to rule, eventually forget us when they get there....they join the cabal and leave the masses to wallow In destitution.......
# to hell with who runs for president come 2015......
# it is only a fool that adds 1+1 everyday and expect a different answer....
We need to look beyond electoral process

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Rottenegg1: 8:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
Food for thought!!
Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by CircleOfWilis: 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
wahala dey
Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
Says this fanatic. Jonathan must STAY!!!

All the years his fellow Hausa people were running the country what difference did it make in the life of Nigerians, yet we didn't hear a single squirm. They were in power during the oil boom of the 80s and Nigeria had nothing to show for it. The earlier they realise that Nigeria is multi ethnic and multi religious hence anyone can rule, the better for all.

7 Likes

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by fasho01(m): 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
The name jonathan is bitter in the mouths of all nigerians.

I share the same opinion that he will be humiliated come 2015 but what we need to advocate is a free & fair election or else there will be no change come 2015

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Abagworo(m): 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
The writing on the wall is too clear. There will be a change of regime soon. My fear is that it might not be through the ballot box.
Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Kponkwem(m): 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
Will he resign for who? You haven't shown us the alternative. Namadi Sambo has long been discreditted by the north?
Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva: I think Jonathan is ready to face humiliation. I think he likes being humiliated.

Jonathan has never been humiliated before. He is a child of destiny,

5 Likes

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by atlwireles: 9:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
Abagworo: The writing on the wall is too clear. There will be a change of regime soon. My fear is that it might not be through the ballot box.

The words of a coward ride on.

6 Likes

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by atlwireles: 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
Afam4eva: I think Jonathan is ready to face humiliation. I think he likes being humiliated.

How was he humiliated

2 Likes

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by atlwireles: 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
All their doors are closed, all that is left is nothing but noise. Live with it, Jonah will remain till 2019

3 Likes

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Afam4eva(m): 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
atlwireles:

How was he humiliated
I think i was trying to be sarcastic.
Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Emperor007: 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2013

Which safety is he referring to?

For Nigeria's safety the North must not contest 2015 presidential election, better put.

2 Likes

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by jamace(m): 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
See one of those causing unrest in Nigeria being concerned with the safety of Nigeria. Kai, hypocrites everywhere in Nigeria. grin grin But seriously, why are those who caused Nigerian problems suddenly becoming concerned with the safety of Nigeria? Is it end time things? grin grin

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by engrflames: 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Gumi or whatever u call urself, GEJ is going no where, if nigeria is too hot for u pls sudan is close by.
GEJ till 2019!

3 Likes

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Longeria(m): 12:12am On Dec 15, 2013
Jonathan will be re elected, you and your type will be humiliated. Mark this day.

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by kelvincoll(m): 1:47am On Dec 15, 2013
Longeria: Jonathan will be re elected, you and your type will be humiliated. Mark this day.

U mean u didn't get he was only being sarcastic earlier? Check his handle again
Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 15, 2013
Gumi is very maad for saying this non sense. Why didn't he call for the resignation of presidents with more corrupt charges and scandals like OBJ? Is it because GEJ is from the minority? Thvnder fire his movth. fa!ke prophet undecided

2 Likes

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by manmade(m): 2:52am On Dec 15, 2013
This bloody almajiri Norse maker again? Gej will not only contest in 2015 ,but will win the election so that u can do your worse

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Nobody: 3:43am On Dec 15, 2013
Nigeria's safety or Nigeria's development?

I support Gumi's views when it is based on true concern and patriotic reasons for the nation. However, this one is born out of regional politics.

No one will call me a GEJ fan as he is my number one enemy. But let's face facts. Trying to bungle GEJ out of Aso Rock will be Chaos. Our best option is to wait till 2015.
Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by true2god: 5:49am On Dec 15, 2013
Has he been humiliated before? I used to like some of your post but this very one is out of reason.
Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by Wsdm: 6:22am On Dec 15, 2013
mekaboy: The north threatening Nigeria again. We are tired of your threat and terror. Jonathan will contest and we can will vote him. let us watch u do ur worst.

So unless a northern muslim rules Nigeria, there will be no peace.

But there was a relative peace when Obbasanjo ruled. Is he from the North? You people will soon run out of porous defense for Jonathan's numerous atrocities. I guess Obbasanjo and Henry Okah are from the north respectively.
Re: For Nigeria's Safety; Jonathan Must Go- Gumi by malele(m): 8:03am On Dec 15, 2013
true2god: Has he been humiliated before? I used to like some of your post but this very one is out of reason.

We don't understand english in nigeria, that's an indirect statement.
Gumi said the president will be humiliated if he runs,
Afam said no problem we will run and win, he want to be humiliated and he likes been humiliated, its an indirect statement, the meaning is different from what it looks like.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun, Your Mderators / If Oga Seun........ / See The Love shown To Buhari En Route To The Campaign Square In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.