Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52146 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by donfemo(m): 8:44am On Dec 17, 2013
With the way Catholics are speaking here, i am starting to believe Chris Okotie's criticism because its obvious they don't know what they are saying.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by sirhamilton(m): 8:50am On Dec 17, 2013
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by onimcee1(m): 8:50am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: @jenmaucy am not trying to oppose ur belief but Mary was only refered to as Blessed during the pregnancy of Christ,immediately after Christ Birth she was called blessed Mary again,after Jesus birth mary was less significant in the bible,the main reason she was refer to as blessed was because she was chosen to carry Jesus outta million Lady,check ur bible to confirm that.Thirdly why do catholic refer to marry as mother of God when we clearly know Jesus is not God,even Jesus recognize God in heaven as his father ,check john 3:16 and the lords prayer.Fourthly do you know calling Mary as mother of God is blasphemy? am awaiting ur response
pls support ur claims with bible verses. Secondly, do you believe in the blessed trinity. (3 persons in one God)?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 8:51am On Dec 17, 2013
Drizzyjusti: Nope God sent his son Jesus BUT Jesus is also God..read Genesis 1:1 In the begining was the word(Jesus) and the word was with God,and the word was God
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2013
achu442: I am greater than the angels in heaven...I AM A god......Catholics talk more of Mary than The HolySpirit and even Jesus Himself.....and mind u....its only the Romans that understand that Catholicsm is a cult/order and not a church.There are many secrets your Rev fathers,Knigths and pope know that all of u don't...Jesus and Mary are in heaven.,it is The HolySpirit that is with us...Acknowledge and recognise His presence it will be well with u.
Are you greater than the angels because you said so?

Bible clearly state we are lower than angels for now but will be greater than them in the world to come.

Stop bragging dear read Heb 2 concentrate on Verses 5and7

You know what our pope and rev frs know yet we don't know them right?

You guys just make me laughgrin
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kennedyugo: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1522201/defend-catholic-teachings-here/31

On the issue of worship or reverence
of Mary.
Christ outrightly forbade it here.
Luke 11:27-28: 27 As he said these
things, a woman in the crowd raised
her voice and said to him, "Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the
bosoms at which you nursed!" 28 But
he said, "Blessed rather are those who
hear the word of God and keep it!" On the other hand. How do you
believe that saints in Heaven are able
to hear you? How do you think Mary
knows what's happening here on
earth?
God only has the power to hear prayers.
If you believe dead people are aware
of happenings here on earth, then
you're no better than pagans who
believe their dead relatives monitor
them; who call on their ancestors. You've heard of necromancy?
Deuteronomy 18:10-12: 10 There shall
not be found among you [any one]
that maketh his son or his daughter to
pass through the fire, [or] that useth
divination, [or] an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11 Or a
charmer, or a consulter with familiar
spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things [are] an
abomination unto the LORD: and
because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out
from before thee. Whenever you call on dead person
whether a saint or not, to help you,
you're no more than a necromancer!
Remember Saul how he consulted a
witch to raise up Samuel! And how
God was very angry with him for that? What's different when catholics
consult "Mary" (supposedly), and she
manifests through apparitions? Free yourselves brothers. Eternity is
nothing to joke with.
Why don't we follow God's laid down
principles from the Bible. At least since
God never asked us to venerate Mary,
He will not hold us guilty if we do not. But it'll be a sorry story to discover He
hates whatever we defend and hold
unto here as a tradition that He never
commands us. We cannot even stand
to defend ourselves. Finally
Galatians 1:8-10: [...] 8 But though
we, or an angel from heaven, preach
any other gospel unto you than that
which we have preached unto you, let
him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man]
preach any other gospel unto you
than that ye have received, let him be
accursed. 10 For do I now persuade
men, or God? or do I seek to please
men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by almasterpiece(m): 8:54am On Dec 17, 2013
[quote
author=fijiano202]OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be
jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may
tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family
are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in
Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics
interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in
the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so
worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics
worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and
mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given
[/quote] i just pray you make heaven nothing else.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ifoundmyperfect: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2013
Macelliot: People kept saying that, 'Catholics are worshipping Virgin Mary,' but I wants to prove them wrong.
* Firstly, we 'Catholics' are not worshipping Virgin mary, but instead, honouring her.
* Secondly, the holy bible made us to know in Luke 1:26-31 that the Arch-angel Gabriel visited Virgin Mary and greeted her saying, "you are full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed in the fruit of your worm, Jesus." Please, which woman again in this world can an Angel greet with such respect. Angel Gabriel honoured Mary, because He delivered the message from GOD. so who are you not to honour her? Are you greater than an Angel of GOD?
* Can Jesus Christ dwell in an unholy body? No ofcourse! She(Mary) is the only woman whom GOD has choosen.
* In Revelation 12:1-18, there was a woman who was clothed by the Sun, the moon under her feet and twelve star as a crown. She was about to deliver a Son and the pain at child birth made her cry. There appeared a dragon, who wanted to kill her, but fail. At that time the Archangel Michael fought the dragon and defeat the it. What I wanted to bring out here is that during the birth of Jesus Christ. King Herod wanted to kill Jesus by killing all the children atleast 2yrs, thinking He kill Jesus, but He failed.
* Last, but not the least. Blessed Virgin Mary was Clothed by the Sun, the moon as foot-mat and 12 stars as crown. Waoh! That's great! Anybody that condems Catholics by saying we are worshipping Mary is so jealous, [s]because no woman in that person's generations or generations to come, even grand, great, great-great-great-great-great-great-grand mother of that person combined together[/s] is as great as Blessed Virgin Mary.
We 'Catholics.' Our doctrines lies on mysterious teachings.' where ignorance, fools, pharisees and sadducees people can never understand. JESUS CHRIST teaches in parable, even His diciple couldn't understand Him, unless He explains it like ABC. So that is how Catholics are. You will keep on condeming Catholics until you know their mysterious teachings, then you will understand clearly. Thanks.

[size=16pt]GBAM!!![/size]
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by samnificent(m): 8:55am On Dec 17, 2013
*entera thread sees riot runs away* undecided
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kennedyugo: 8:56am On Dec 17, 2013
Still on this issue.
Do you know satan is the accuser of
the brethren?
Now if you reach the gate of Heaven
and satan accuses you that you
practice idolatry by worshiping Mary, how can you defend yourself? Is it
with these flimsy reasons you putting
forward here? Maybe you'll quote your
catholic doctrine or what pope said?
Remember when satan tempted
Jesus? Jesus overcame by the word of God.
My friend, if you don't have word of
God to back up yourself, you're g
gone!
You think satan is a small boy? He is
older than any human ever lived. You''d better follow simple principles
of God laid down for salvation, rather
than inventing your own. Eternity is more serious than we think.
Without holiness, no man shall see
God.

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 8:57am On Dec 17, 2013
JENMAUCY: dear,didn't hear from you again
darling i kinda feel asleep but its All Good
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by onimcee1(m): 8:57am On Dec 17, 2013
Macelliot:
Firstly, Jesus reffered himself as the Son of God. So the Son is the same as the Father.
Jesus said, "I am in my Father and My Father in Me."
For Example.
Your name is Emmanuel James and your father's name is Emmanuel Ben.
If you wants to be addressed, you will be addressed as Mr. Emmanuel.
and i can say, that is Mr Emmanuel's mother. True or false?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 17, 2013
Empredboy: U dnt knw d bible. Jesus is God n dats y catholic cald mary mother of God. John 1:1
NO NO NO NO, Jesus is Lord, not GOD. this catholics are soooo f++ked.....lmao!!!

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eloquent(m): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2013
My brother,of course Mary is honored just like Abraham, Isaac, Paul e.t.c and all the saints. Mary was not the only Virgin in the world at the time. Like someone said she was favored. Catholics are given more accord to Mary than even Jesus Christ! My Ex brought out a statue of Mary from her handbag one time and told me "You don't know what this woman has done for me" I found that very weird. You all need Jesus!!!

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Boyoorisha: 9:02am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: Firstly OP am really sorry for my insultive words,May God forgive us all,Secondly @jenmaucy am not trying to oppose ur belief but Mary was only refered to as Blessed during the pregnancy of Christ,immediately after Christ Birth she was called blessed Mary again,after Jesus birth mary was less significant in the bible,the main reason she was refer to as blessed was because she was chosen to carry Jesus outta million Lady,check ur bible to confirm that.Thirdly why do catholic refer to marry as mother of God when we clearly know Jesus is not God,even Jesus recognize God in heaven as his father ,check john 3:16 and the lords prayer.Fourthly do you know calling Mary as mother of God is blasphemy? am awaiting ur response

...the word was made flesh and dwell among us...God is the word....God(the word) came to the world through Mary...Mary is the mother of God...All generations shall call her blessed(may be you are not part of the generations)...We honour marry and worship God the father, the son and the holy spirit. Case closed

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by jfkenny(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2013
op pls how are u relating revelation with Christ birth. I thought revelation is all about what is going to happen not past..
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:03am On Dec 17, 2013
Engr.yagulam:
*mary is blessed and deserve respect bt not worship
*she gave birth to jesus and not GOD because jesus clearly stated that GOD is in the heaven
Mary is only being honoured dear.

Since Jesus is not God yet even angel were made to worship him Hebrew1V6.
Heb1V8 he was referred to as God.

Please how many deities are we supposed to worship?

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by desosa(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2013
JENMAUCY: Coming to the issue of image,its just like a picture you keep in to remember them...just like the cross,its for remembrance..bowing or genuflecting doesn't mean worshiping...just like the way you greet your elder...kneeling is stil sign of respect just as we do before our earthly elders or kings...why the fuss over hers? Many people don't even know about the mysteries associated with the rosary,infact they are the rosary itself...I mean the glorious mystery,the mystery of light,joyful and sorrowful mysteries. So I think we ought to give honour to whom its due. With due respect I rest my case

Wat difference is ur image wch is made from mud, sand, ceramic, wood or wateva from dat found in ogun shrine? U bow to it sayin u honour it..... Smh for u blind id.iots
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by abbey621(m): 9:07am On Dec 17, 2013
Sal C: Are you greater than the angels because you said so?

Bible clearly state we are lower than angels for now but will be greater than them in the world to come.

Stop bragging dear read Heb 2 concentrate on Verses 5and7

You know what our pope and rev frs know yet we don't know them right?

You guys just make me laughgrin

The bold statement is incorrect! Try not to read the bible word for word but look at the deeper meaning, Hebrew 2 verse 7 talks not about importance but physical attributes, the angels are majestic beings and have certain attributes humans do not have but humans were created in God's image and represents God's greatest creation. Furthermore read more about why the devil was cast out of heaven and you'll understand why humans are called God's greatest creations.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:07am On Dec 17, 2013
Snoopy wallace: Its nt wrong to honour her,bt why dont u honour joseph 2,cos two of them where in it together...afterall,d angel also appeared to joseph...note,even when jesus was on earth he always called her woman because he knew pple like u who look for the slightest opportunity to serve,sorry honour wld arise...listen,you shall worship the lord your God and him only shall you serve...he doesnt share his glory with anybody....did you hear of any of apostles after Jesus like Paul,Peter,stephen,timothy e.t.c honour mary
Sorry dear we honour all the saints including Mary and Joseph. Maybe you are yet to know of our prayer to St Joseph.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eagleeye2: 9:09am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus, Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that. Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given

Please before you start spewing what your 'fake' self acclaimed man of god tells you, read and get enlightened.

Matthew 11:11

11 Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has risen no one greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by pglobal: 9:10am On Dec 17, 2013
Emusan:

Just a question pls
What will happen to those who didn't honour Mary?
that question is main for unbelievers
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:10am On Dec 17, 2013
abbey621:

The bold statement is incorrect! Try not to read the bible word for word but look at the deeper meaning, Hebrew 2 verse 7 talks not about importance but physical attributes, the angels are majestic beings and have certain attributes humans do not have but humans were created in God's image and represents God's greatest creation. Furthermore read more about why the devil was cast out of heaven and you'll understand why humans are called God's greatest creations.
I gave bible verses to prove my point.

Give me the one that said we are greater than angels "now"
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by serena433(f): 9:12am On Dec 17, 2013
we should be careful what we do come here and write catholic church is what we all came and met peter was the 1st pope is just long history talking about the blessed virgin mary I kw much was not written about her in the bible but when Jesus died she continue to work with the apostles dey all wrote how dey preach killed and the rest mary has her own details 2 when she died her tomb was filled with flower she also appeared 2 the 3 children of fatima lucy, francisco, and Jecita that's how the rosary came about back den people gets vision jesus appear 2 many unlike now many claim 2 visit hell return 2 give us crab enough said jare like John said he who have ears let him hear...i rest my case!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Zonacom(m): 9:13am On Dec 17, 2013
Was going through the first page of this thread enjoying the various arguments but the moment i saw the post made by fijiano claiming that jesus is not God, i became real worried. Now i believe that a lot of us christians dont actually know our believe. The Trinity is a mystery and as such can't be understood perfectly but the 1st statement in john's Gosple has it that: In the begining was the word, and the word was with God and THE WORD WAS GOD. Going further it explained that word to be jesus christ. If The word=God=Jesus. And mary being the mother of jesus, then whats wrong in saying that mary is the mother of God.
Now catholics ain't infering that Mary is greater than God by the virture of being his mother; rather, God kind of made her to specially be his mother. That does'nt in any way reduce the Glory and Majesty of God.
Pls my fellow christians, an igbo saying has it that 'what a person is ignorant of, supersedes him'. We got to be careful cos God's ways and ours are miles apart.
Otito diri jesu!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:14am On Dec 17, 2013
MEGA4BILLION: @op The problem with you people is that you dont read your bible, you believe anything Tom and Dick tells you. 1) We shall judge the angels, angel Gabriel inclusive. See 1cor 6:3. 2) worshiping of craven image of any kind is a sin. see Exo 20:4. 3) we have only one mediator Jesus. see 1Tim 2:5. 4) the worship of Mary is a pagan worship refered to as queen of heaven that the roman introduce into christianity. see Jere 44:11-22.
Oh yes we will judge the angels when we have been judged and found worthy
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by babatgtr: 9:14am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given
. May d̶̲̥̅̊ Lorf blez ur understandn bro, lemme jst back u up wif dis, in 1 of d̶̲̥̅̊ biblical languages "Greek" An angel mean Agaliao which means Messenger, so hw can a messenger b higher dan Son imagine, even d̶̲̥̅̊ bible says even angel we b jugde @ d̶̲̥̅̊ end time, angels r our messenger 4 God's sake,tlkn abt mary, hmmm u r waistn ur time by worshipn mary, nd makn a big mistake, r we to worship David a man after God's own heart too, through whom do we pray, "Jesus Christ" d̶̲̥̅̊ name which is Above anyother names b Mary or anytin.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by foleyx: 9:14am On Dec 17, 2013
angel gabrel said mary was "full of grace" and grace from the biblical perspective means an unmerited favour. back then mary was not the only virgin around, the only reason she was chosen was because of her blood line, if honour of Jesus' birth is to be given to anyone it should be david. mary received the Holy spirit just like all the other belivers and there is a part in bible where Jesus was told that his mother and brother was waiting 4 him outside and Jesus told them that only those that follow his words are his mother and brother. these are the real bitter truth about mary
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Yungknyyght(m): 9:17am On Dec 17, 2013
nwajoshua: Shut d Bleep up,,,you are blunt,blind,decieved,and inflated with false doctrine,,,mary was a vessel used and John said free u recieve and free u shall give...mary recieved d grace free of charge not of any effort of her own, afterall she already had a fiancee Joseph, although not like fiancee of nawadays, and later she got married and had children...if u say No.. wot do married pple do? They tie there hands and look at each other,, we are not made to honour marry instead d Bible said Honour d lord thy God...Mary is an Icon in d Bible but not to be moulded and honour, rember God is a jelous God.. Mary has been used to do a marvelous wk and God shuld be praised not mary,, are u mad ....sory.... pls be guided
nigga m sorry buh 2 me u re a big fool
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by dalynch(f): 9:19am On Dec 17, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
fijiano202: Firstly OP am really sorry for my insultive words,May God forgive us all,Secondly @jenmaucy am not trying to oppose ur belief but Mary was only refered to as Blessed during the pregnancy of Christ,immediately after Christ Birth she was called blessed Mary again,after Jesus birth mary was less significant in the bible,the main reason she was refer to as blessed was because she was chosen to carry Jesus outta million Lady,check ur bible to confirm that.Thirdly why do catholic refer to marry as mother of God when we clearly know Jesus is not God,even Jesus recognize God in heaven as his father ,check john 3:16 and the lords prayer.Fourthly do you know calling Mary as mother of God is blasphemy? am awaiting ur response

U saying dat Jesus Christ is nt God ,shows u Dnt know d Bible.Read d book of Isaiah 9 vs 6 u ll see were God d father. Called Jesus God, so who are u nt to call Mary d mother of God. Mind wat ur saying so u ll nt attract d wrath of God.frm all ur bad mouth nd offencive words I see d way u nd ur family are beta dan d angels of God. May God hav mercy on u .
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Drizzyjusti(m): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2013
victorlexa: so y iz der increasing number of gay catholic priests?
you're an idiot u knw that? Stop blaspheming,which priest is gay?..D catholic church is d only reason same sex marriage hvnt been signd to law round the world,cos once d catholic church does it,everyoda church will hv an excuse to do dsame
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:21am On Dec 17, 2013
Adeola.....kk:
Let me just say that its sad to see christians with different views.

for my catholic friends, if i dont honour mary, does it make me hell bounds? I also have many doubts about the catholic doctrine. If it was so perfect, why are there pentecostal churches. Don't try to justify honouring mary. No one should be given half as much glory as God.

also you shouldn't be biased about this issue because you are a catholic. Its better to follow the word of God because being a catholic doesn't guarantee you heaven. We r told in d Bible to rightly divide the word of truth which means we shouldnt just cite a chapter in the Bible and start following it. Just Be wise because the devil has ways of distracting us
Oh yes 300000 perfect penticostal denominations with 300000 variable perfect truths from thesame Holy Spirit right?

May God help us

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Apostle Ogochukwu Tochukwu Amaukwu's 2018 Prophecies / Paul Adefarasin And Wife Pictured With Donald Trump At Daughter's Wedding / Pastor Chris Okafor Blasts Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.