Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52124 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 8:42am On Dec 18, 2013
For the confusion of Jesus being God or not. God is an office for being in which the fullness of deity dwells "God" the mist powerful of all. and in this office is the trinity God the father,God the son and God the holyspirit. They are three in one and do functions that varies. We can clearly see in the bible that God tr father is the God head. we can prove this by the statement Jesus made that when he comes next He knows not it he Father. Jesus is God the son and he was not known by man until he came and died and God the father exalted His name above all- are you seeing the functions of the God head now? lemme bring the issue home. human is duality your spirit and your flesh but they are the same, identical. But God has no flesh his members are all spirits and they are one. God has a spirit "Holy spirit" and has a Son Jesus christ. imagine your son being a part of you... The God head is the father
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nnamdifranc: 8:44am On Dec 18, 2013
bankyblue:

young man, point of correction, we human re greater than angels ok read ur BIBLE MORE! HEBREWS 1 VS 4.
and again when u talk about something been mysterious am not that please with it>>>i just pray we all make HEAVEN
read ur bible well nd undastand it nah b4 makin sayin somtin Heb. 1v4 waz referin to Jesus not we human beings..go bak nd read it well
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Trustyd1(m): 8:47am On Dec 18, 2013
Deut. 5 vs 8,
you shall not make for yourself an image in de form of anything, be it in heaven or earth.
I believe you can understand that scripture.
but Jesus image, Angels images, st. this st. that. Virgin Mary. all are images if things and we believe Mary is in heaven.
remember THING here is noun
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 8:47am On Dec 18, 2013
try69:

Olodo.. I have shown you in the bible where men bow to men..are they worshipping them?

Answer me! grin
Mr man you can't interpret the word of God its obvious you are trying so hard but its the holyspirit that does that. That passage was not talking about any particular human being it was talking to the church in Philadelphia no a physical building but the body of christ who has kept the faith and for that reason were hated and mocked.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 8:50am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: @try99 Pls i need all catholies to support or explain this Verse Rev 3:9 but start frow 7-11 to ur fellow catholies before he mess up woefully.Firstly theres nothing to argue abt that verse cos it basically as nothing to do with mary or christianity,it is a letter/word from Jesus to the church in Philadelphia,i wonder what made you read that verse cos if people fall down at ur feet doesnt in anyway means Worship,its to acknowledge u that u are greater than them but in this verse it is for people to acknowledge Jesus love for u cos u kept his words.This is one of the letter sent to one of the 7 churches,Pls i want people to Prove me wrong if my explianation is out of line.
he thinks the passage was talking to a man lack of the Spirit de worry xtains
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Ukofelix18: 8:52am On Dec 18, 2013
If Jesus is God, whom do he refer as his father? I think we shdn't confuse ourselves wt this.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 8:54am On Dec 18, 2013
Trustyd1: Deut. 5 vs 8,
you shall not make for yourself an image in de form of anything, be it in heaven or earth.
I believe you can understand that scripture.
but Jesus image, Angels images, st. this st. that. Virgin Mary. all are images if things and we believe Mary is in heaven.
remember THING here is noun

Have you deleted all the images on your phone? cheesy or you are not guilty because computers helped you make them?

Abi you are guilty and you don't know? Remember both Pictures and carvings are images

I lie?

Don't just quote, UNDERSTAND.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by evablisse(f): 8:56am On Dec 18, 2013
[size=12pt][/size] May the holy spirit see us through in life. When it comes to Mary, I honor her cos that is what is meant to be. She is special. Do u know what it means for God to use someone to achieve a purpose? If its in this present life, people will be running to her for help? People prefer to worship human who has no certain significance. Ask urself the reason why you believe so much in ur church and ur pastor. What reason? Some people even worship their pastors more than Christ. This Woman achieved a lot more than life itself and should be honored. For u to understand why catholics honor her, we can compare that with recent life events. A governor or a President is recognised (Jesus made miracles n lived an examplary life n therefore was known especially after his death). Now, the governor has family who r nt really known by the public. But as soon u see them in the media or personally, what do u feel? To get close to them! So that u will be able to reach ur target. (Jesus is there, Mary is there as well. We catholics beg her to intercede on our behalf to her Son Jesus. We do pray directly to Jesus. But we include the holy ones to help us sinners by making our prayers get to God). Please, the first church knew what they saw in Mary. Protestants just turned everything upside down so as to suit their own beliefs. The world still has so many mysteries left behind and the bible didn't cover them all.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 8:58am On Dec 18, 2013
Mftivi:
Mr man you can't interpret the word of God its obvious you are trying so hard but its the holyspirit that does that. That passage was not talking about any particular human being it was talking to the church in Philadelphia no a physical building but the body of christ who has kept the faith and for that reason were hated and mocked.

Who will bow down to who? Please educate me

Who are the body of christ?

Who are those who has kept the faith?

You guys will make good comedians..

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 9:01am On Dec 18, 2013
Mftivi:
he thinks the passage was talking to a man lack of the Spirit de worry xtains

Oya, tell us what the passage is talking about now..

Or are you now confused?

And oh it seems you skipped this one

Exodus 18:7
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
7 And Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and did obeisance, and kissed him, and each asked other of his welfare: and they came into the tent.

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
7 And he went out to meet his kinsman, and worshipped and kissed him: and they saluted one another with words of peace. And when he was come into the tent,

Revised Standard Version (RSV)
7 Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and did obeisance and kissed him; and they asked each other of their welfare, and went into the tent.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 9:21am On Dec 18, 2013
try69:

Oya, tell us what the passage is talking about now..

Or are you now confused?

And oh it seems you skipped this one

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
7 And Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and did obeisance, and kissed him, and each asked other of his welfare: and they came into the tent.

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
7 And he went out to meet his kinsman, and worshipped and kissed him: and they saluted one another with words of peace. And when he was come into the tent,

Revised Standard Version (RSV)
7 Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and did obeisance and kissed him; and they asked each other of their welfare, and went into the tent.

cheesy cheesy

Mr man having an image of someone and praying to them is a form of worship but your brain have Been blocked you can't coordinate anymore can't you see that there is no justification for what you doing in the bible where did Jesus or his disciples say we should pray to Mary or Jesus forgot to mention it? you stiff necked man don't gamble eternity us a serious game choose wisely
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 9:31am On Dec 18, 2013
Mftivi:
Mr man having an image of someone and praying to them is a form of worship but your brain have Been blocked you can't coordinate anymore can't you see that there is no justification for what you doing in the bible where did Jesus or his disciples say we should pray to Mary or Jesus forgot to mention it? you stiff necked man don't gamble eternity us a serious game choose wisely

Exactly how they sound when bone don hook them for throat.. OLODO

cheesy

Next time type to urself and read, not to the public

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:36am On Dec 18, 2013
femi4love: "Stella Maris" (Star of the Sea) is actually Marine goddess in disguise. Check out the logo for "Starbucks" and pray to God (sincerely) to open your eyes to the truth.

For you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.
Just like Morning star is both the name of Jesus and Lucifer
What have you to say about that?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:45am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: John wrote that and it the same as my father and i are one but did Jesus ever call himself God or Son of God? pls note the diff
Hey don't you know that even his Father called him God?
Heb1v8 But unto the son he saith, Thy throne O God if forever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is a scepter of thy kingdom

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:48am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: @try99 Pls i need all catholies to support or explain this Verse Rev 3:9 but start frow 7-11 to ur fellow catholies before he mess up woefully.Firstly theres nothing to argue abt that verse cos it basically as nothing to do with mary or christianity,it is a letter/word from Jesus to the church in Philadelphia,i wonder what made you read that verse cos if people fall down at ur feet doesnt in anyway means Worship,its to acknowledge u that u are greater than them but in this verse it is for people to acknowledge Jesus love for u cos u kept his words.This is one of the letter sent to one of the 7 churches,Pls i want people to Prove me wrong if my explianation is out of line.
And you didn't see worship in any of the verses provided?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 9:50am On Dec 18, 2013
try69:
Exactly how they sound when bone don hook them for throat.. OLODO
cheesy
Next time type to urself and read, not to the public
To catholies what gives u guarranty that Mary is in Heaven? Do catholies have List of People in Heaven? did Bible they you how she lived the rest of her life after the death of Jesus? Are u sure she didnt re-marry? give me a verse that told you how she died? or a Verse that told you shes From a great lineage? Catholies didnt write the bible you just compiled the books u saw,and thats not All,there are still lots of Books that arent it the bible.God said do not add or Remove my World,how are we Sure Pope gregory didnt Remove somethings from the bible? there are lots of questions to ask that u can never answer.@try69 even if they open ur brain and place a bible there,u can never learn,i wonder what you understand abt the bible.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 9:52am On Dec 18, 2013
Adeola.....kk:
All we are asking for is that our catholic friends listen. You guys have lost the argument since but you don't want to pay attention. Stop justifying your church's action. Being a catholic doesn't gurantee heaven, but being a christian does. Follow the truth and don't be biased.
It only on NL you see people failing and braging of their successgrin
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: Firstly OP am really sorry for my insultive words,May God forgive us all,Secondly @jenmaucy am not trying to oppose ur belief but Mary was only refered to as Blessed during the pregnancy of Christ,immediately after Christ Birth she was called blessed Mary again,after Jesus birth mary was less significant in the bible,the main reason she was refer to as blessed was because she was chosen to carry Jesus outta million Lady,check ur bible to confirm that.Thirdly why do catholic refer to marry as mother of God when we clearly know Jesus is not God,even Jesus recognize God in heaven as his father ,check john 3:16 and the lords prayer.Fourthly do you know calling Mary as mother of God is blasphemy? am awaiting ur response
so you don't believe in God the son. and remember that the Bible said that Jesus was equal with God.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 10:02am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: To catholies what gives u guarranty that Mary is in Heaven? Do catholies have List of People in Heaven? did Bible they you how she lived the rest of her life after the death of Jesus? Are u sure she didnt re-marry? give me a verse that told you how she died? or a Verse that told you shes From a great lineage? Catholies didnt write the bible you just compiled the books u saw,and thats not All,there are still lots of Books that arent it the bible.God said do not add or Remove my World,how are we Sure Pope gregory didnt Remove somethings from the bible? there are lots of questions to ask that u can never answer.@try69 even if they open ur brain and place a bible there,u can never learn,i wonder what you understand abt the bible.
bro all we have to do is share the light let him that has ears hear. don't mind them anymore keep the faith and keep reading the word and dividing it daily.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by femi4love(m): 10:07am On Dec 18, 2013
Sal C: Just like Morning star is both the name of Jesus and Lucifer
What have you to say about that?

Where is lucifer called morning star? I only remember him being called "son of the morning" in Isaiah.

I'm not here to argue. I'm saying what is no longer hidden to those who want to know the truth.

I've come to realise in life that people could be seeing the truth right before their nose and decide to believe falsehood.

Moreover, the things of the spirit can only be discerned by spiritual NOT religious people.

The Nigerian brain takes more than argument to reconditioned from one-way thinking, if you know what I mean.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by glamoureze(m): 10:13am On Dec 18, 2013
When Mary was alive, who interceded for her?.. What's wrong in asking that same person or being to intercede for you. Please I need an urgent answer to this question.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Owenhat: 10:16am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: The trinity is God the father,Jesus the son and the holy spirit,he said me and my father are 1 and with christain understanding the trinity is 1 cos the work hand-in-hand,my question why dont catholics refer to the Holy spirit as God or why cant you call Jesus as holy spirit? Or tell me mary is the mother of the holy spirit? dont be confused dude,the Father in Heaven is Different to Jesus and Jesus is diff from the Holy spirit
my am sore u r from d muslim nation.... U r nt a xtian
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Owenhat: 10:19am On Dec 18, 2013
kolawaxxy: So because an angle said so you must honour her. Are you an angel?
who r u nt to honour her if u can honour ur eathly mum
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Owenhat: 10:25am On Dec 18, 2013
nwajoshua: Shut d Bleep up,,,you are blunt,blind,decieved,and inflated with false doctrine,,,mary was a vessel used and John said free u recieve and free u shall give...mary recieved d grace free of charge not of any effort of her own, afterall she already had a fiancee Joseph, although not like fiancee of nawadays, and later she got married and had children...if u say No.. wot do married pple do? They tie there hands and look at each other,, we are not made to honour marry instead d Bible said Honour d lord thy God...Mary is an Icon in d Bible but not to be moulded and honour, rember God is a jelous God.. Mary has been used to do a marvelous wk and God shuld be praised not mary,, are u mad ....sory.... pls be guided
u r a made fool in d making... U dont unstand d simple enlish words honour n worship
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by eliz1: 11:04am On Dec 18, 2013
Empredboy: My bro free ur mind, i understand u. See things is wat diff catholic frm other churches..1.. Trinity...2... Tradition of d church. Nw my argument wit u is base on trinity. If u understand dat there re 3 persons in 1 God than u wil understand why marry is d mother of God. Bro if u re a JW den it wil b difficult 2 make u understand.
the reason l detest catholic is because of their tradition, they copied the tradition of romans into the church and brought in the tradition of romans to replace it with the tradition of the church fathers. read 99 thesis and see some
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Godswillix(m): 11:08am On Dec 18, 2013
dnt judge anybody leave dem 2 God;-)
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 11:30am On Dec 18, 2013
fijiano202: To catholies what gives u guarranty that Mary is in Heaven? Do catholies have List of People in Heaven? did Bible they you how she lived the rest of her life after the death of Jesus? Are u sure she didnt re-marry? give me a verse that told you how she died? or a Verse that told you shes From a great lineage? Catholies didnt write the bible you just compiled the books u saw,and thats not All,there are still lots of Books that arent it the bible.God said do not add or Remove my World,how are we Sure Pope gregory didnt Remove somethings from the bible? there are lots of questions to ask that u can never answer.@try69 even if they open ur brain and place a bible there,u can never learn,i wonder what you understand abt the bible.

Let me tell you a secret.

Your pastor wouldn't quote the writings of the men the apostles taught.

You know why? They all confirm catholic doctrines

We use the same bible we compiled to teach you because you wouldn't read those men who really clarified the word of God in both writings and oral (2 Thes 2:15) as passed down by the apostles rather you'd read a 21st century protestant preacher.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Sike(m): 11:34am On Dec 18, 2013
I'll just pass.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Greenslicks: 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
Itiz very unfortunate 2c pple dwell in abundance of ignorance! #SMH... Y worship Mary wen all authority, power in heaven n on earth has been given 2 JESUS? No body says Mary shldnt b honoured buh everything in heaven n on earth n beyond must worship Jesus read Phil2:5-11 furthermore, ANGELS are ministering spirits even MICHAEL and dey obey by ministering 2u n I as long as u have accepted JESUS read Heb1:1-14, Psa91-11... So in brief, all powers n principalities n figures in heaven, earth, under + MARY bow 2worship Jesus so y worship Mary? Did u recieve salvation thru Mary? Lord help us.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by mimicue(f): 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
All these story too much undecided ...all I know is I don't support Catholics.. Thou shall not worship any other God than me...and all those things they are bowing thou to are idols..they need to wake up ..u guys claim your honoring Mary..yet you will be saying holy Mary pray for us...they seem not to understand she was just d mother of Jesus...she isn't God...
Another thing I don't like before they enter church they will knew down for holy Mary...God will help us all
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kizyto(m): 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
When the Jewish general
Judas Macabeus leads the
resistance against the
Greek occupation of their
country, he tells his
soldiers about “a dream, a
kind of vision, worthy of
belief” (2 Mc 15:11)In this
vision, the general saw
Onias, a former high
priest who has died,
“praying with outstretched
arms for the whole Jewish
community” (15:12). Then
he saw “God’s prophet
Jeremiah, who loves his
brethren and fervently
prays for his people and
their holy city” (15:14). In
part through the assistance
of these two Old
Testament saints, the
Jewish fighters win their
battle.
The angel Raphael tells
the couple Tobit and
Sarah: “When you…
prayed, it was I who
presented and read the
record of your prayer
before the glory of the
Lord” (Tb 12:12). Then
the angel reveals that God
sent him to heal them in
answer to their prayer
(see 12:14).
The New Testament
displays similar scenes.
Jesus’ parable of Lazarus
the beggar (see Lk
16:19-31) assumes that the
deceased man is aware of
those still living, is
concerned with them, and
wants to pray for them. In
St. John’s revelation, the
Christian martyrs in
heaven know what is
happening on earth, and
they pray to God to
accomplish justice there.
In addition, both the saints
and the angels in heaven
bring to God’s throne “the
prayers of the holy
ones” (see Rv 6:6-11;
5:6-8; 8:3-4).
In such passages, we find
the saints and angels
mediating before God for
believers on earth, either
interceding or otherwise
assisting them. (In the
parable, even someone in
hell is attempting to do so,
if unsuccessfully.) Does
this contradict St. Paul’s
statement that “there is
one mediator between
God and the human race,
Christ Jesus” (1 Tm 2:5)?
No, because the apostle
wasn’t excluding the
participation of others in
Christ’s mediating role.
In fact, whenever
Christians pray for one
another, whether in
heaven or on earth, they
are doing just that. In a
similar way, Jesus is the
“chief” Shepherd of his
flock (see Jn 10:11-16; 1 Pt
5:4), yet he assigns lesser
shepherds to take part in
this ministry (see Jn
21:15-17, Eph 4:11).
Catholics ask the saints
and angels for their help,
then, for the same reason
they ask Christians on
earth to pray for them and
assist them in other ways:
It has pleased God to make
us interdependent as
members of Christ’s Body
(see 1 Cor 12:12-27)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kizyto(m): 12:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
Fundamentalists often challenge the Catholic
practice of asking saints and angels to pray on
our behalf. But the Bible directs us to invoke
those in heaven and ask them to pray with us.
Thus, in Psalm 103 we pray, "Bless the Lord, O
you his angels, you mighty ones who do his
word, hearkening to the voice of his word! Bless
the Lord, all his hosts, his ministers that do his
will!" (Ps. 103:20–21). And in the opening
verses of Psalms 148 we pray, "Praise the
Lord! Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise
him in the heights! Praise him, all his angels,
praise him, all his host!"
Not only do those in heaven pray with us, they
also pray for us. In the book of Revelation,
John sees that "the twenty-four elders [the
leaders of the people of God in heaven] fell
down before the Lamb, each holding a harp,
and with golden bowls full of incense, which are
the prayers of the saints" (Rev. 5:cool. Thus the
saints in heaven offer to God the prayers of the
saints on earth.
Angels do the same thing: "[An] angel came
and stood at the altar [in heaven] with a golden
censer; and he was given much incense to
mingle with the prayers of all the saints upon
the golden altar before the throne; and the
smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of
the saints from the hand of the angel before
God" (Rev. 8:3–4).
Jesus himself warned us not to offend small
children, because their guardian angels have
guaranteed intercessory access to the Father:
"See that you do not despise one of these little
ones; for I tell you that in heaven their angels
always see the face of my Father who is in
heaven" (Matt. 18:10).
Because he is the only God-man and the
Mediator of the New Covenant, Jesus is the
only mediator between man and God (1 Tim.
2:5), but this in no way means we cannot or
should not ask our fellow Christians to pray
with us and for us (1 Tim. 2:1–4). In particular,
we should ask the intercession of those
Christians in heaven, who have already had
their sanctification completed, for "[t]he prayer
of a righteous man has great power in its
effects" (Jas. 5:16).

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Paul Adefarasin And Wife Pictured With Donald Trump At Daughter's Wedding / Apostle Ogochukwu Tochukwu Amaukwu's 2018 Prophecies / Pastor Chris Okafor Blasts Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.