Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52150 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 8:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: pls try to read luke 1:26-45 cos it seems u dont understand those version cos God already chose her,whether she wants it or not,but as God worshipper she replied '' i am the Lords Servant,May it be to me as you have Said'' Read mark 6:3-6
Mark 6v3-6 has nothing to do with our Jesus' birth.

Luke1v26-45 never proved she doesn't need to believe and accept.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: @JENMUACY which heaven and earth waited for her respond,her response never matter cos its God wills @Macelliot Holy Mary stop deceiving the catholics,pls wake them up before u mislead them to hell
I don't blame you. I blame satan, for he is causing the downfall of man, but Jesus Christ has taken control.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 8:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: Dont compare the 2,John the baptist A.K.A Elijah is a prophet while paul is an Apostle
It is not your duty to tell me who to compare or not.
Both are important scriptural figure and I stated a fact.

Christ never distinguished between prophets and apostles when he made that comment.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2013
Macelliot:
If GOD doesn't exist, that means you created yourself before you were born. If you die, what next?
you are just like a dead weed!

Is this your evidence for god?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: pls try to read luke 1:26-45 cos it seems u dont understand those version cos God already chose her,whether she wants it or not,but as God worshipper she replied '' i am the Lords Servant,May it be to me as you have Said'' Read mark 6:3-6
no point arguing with these dude because he's confuse. Who told you that Mary don't worship God?, afterall she was created by God and she's not God. Did we catholic tell u dat she's God and we worship her. Please dear! Go and learn more and stop resting on ur pastor's fabricated stories!

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 8:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sal C: You honour Paul more, I honour Mary more, it is our individual choice.
I won't go into telling you if Paul actually wrote those books or not . That's an issue for another day. Thanks to the Catholic church( the mother church) For what you think you know about those books.
As far as the bible is concerned, Paul is not the greatest.
Jesus Christ clearly placed John the baptist above Paul.
I dont care what ur catholie told you abt what paul wrote in the bible ,Paul Started with ACTS-ROMANS-1 AND 2 CORINTHIANS-GALATIANS-EPHESIANS.paul and Timothy wrote PHILIPPIANS-COLOSSIANS.Paul,Silas and Timothy Wrote 1 and 2 THESSALONIANS,Paul wrote to Timothy in TIMOTHY 1 AND 2,Paul to Titus in TITUS,Paul wrote to Philemon in -PHILEMON.Nobody no who wrote HEBREWS till date
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Is this your evidence for god?
Then what evidence do you have to proof with to know that GOD doesn't exist.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 8:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
FrancisTony: no point arguing with these dude because he's confuse. Who told you that Mary don't worship God?, afterall she was created by God and she's not God. Did we catholic tell u dat she's God and we worship her. Please dear! Go and learn more and stop resting on ur pastor's fabricated stories!
Firstly, Are u sure you can Read? where did i say Mary doesnt worship God? Secondly,The verse Mark 6:3-6 clearly states that Mary never died a virgin that shes just a mother like my Mom and urs.Also Jesus recognise her as Just a mother,nothing superlative or Blessed enough to be Worshipped
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 8:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: I dont care what they tell you abt what peter wrote in the bible ,Paul Started with ACTS-ROMANS-1 AND 2 CORINTHIANS-GALATIANS-EPHESIANS.paul and Timothy wrote PHILIPPIANS-COLOSSIANS.Paul,Silas and Timothy Wrote 1 and 2 THESSALONIANS,Paul wrote to Timothy in TIMOTHY 1 AND 2,Paul to Titus in TITUS,Paul wrote to Philemon in -PHILEMON.Nobody no who wrote HEBREWS till date
I also don't care what you think about the authorship of the bible, I also don't know what you mean by what
Peter wrote here.

We are not talking about wrote which book.

Your brother said Paul wrote hebrews you said otherwise; that one na una headache not mine.

Thanks to the mother churchgrin

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
Jame 1:5

Ask God for wisdom. .. cos His toughts and ways, are not the same with ours. .

Enuff said on this trend. . . I rest my case

Thanks all. . God bless y'all. .
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by JENMAUCY(f): 10:10pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: Darling an not against ur beliefs in anyway but Mary was only called Blessed before the birth of christ and was never called blessed after the birth of Christ i would like u to poing out any verse that states otherwise and Secondly i dont know whether ur from lagos or East but i understand that in the East if a lady whos pregnant with the kings Son come to ur house,there a certain respect giving to them due to the baby in their womb which is the prince and thats exactly what Elizabeth did,If you can prove me wrong then i may come to ur church for Next sunday service
sweet,let's see luke 1:48,it says 'for he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden:for behold henceforth all generations shall call me blessed"...then in luk 1:41 it says"and it came to pass that when elizabeth heard the salutation of mary,the baby leaped in her womb;and elizabeth was filled with the holy ghost"....am not trying to convince you to worship with me or for you to honour her as catholics do,but for you to know that they have reasons for what they do and stop the blasphemy because that's what I think you are doing...stil expecting to hear from you

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by JENMAUCY(f): 10:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: Darling an not against ur beliefs in anyway but Mary was only called Blessed before the birth of christ and was never called blessed after the birth of Christ i would like u to poing out any verse that states otherwise and Secondly i dont know whether ur from lagos or East but i understand that in the East if a lady whos pregnant with the kings Son come to ur house,there a certain respect giving to them due to the baby in their womb which is the prince and thats exactly what Elizabeth did,If you can prove me wrong then i may come to ur church for Next sunday service
sweet,let's see luke 1:48,it says 'for he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden:for behold henceforth all generations shall call me blessed"...then in luk 1:41 it says"and it came to pass that when elizabeth heard the salutation of mary,the baby leaped in her womb;and elizabeth was filled with the holy ghost"....am not trying to convince you to worship with me or for you to honour her as catholics do,but for you to know that they have reasons for what they do and stop the blasphemy because that's what I think you are doing...stil expecting to hear from you
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by JENMAUCY(f): 10:39pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: @JENMUACY which heaven and earth waited for her respond,her response never matter cos its God wills @Macelliot Holy Mary stop deceiving the catholics,pls wake them up before u mislead them to hell
sweet why didn't the angel take his leave after droping the message? Luk 1:28-33,why did he interact with her by answering her question? Luk 1:34-37, why did he not take his leave immediately? Why did the angel wait for her response? Or did u think God will force her if she refused? I don't think God is a bully...even before christ accept to pay the price of sin God asked no one in particular,bt christ took it upon himself and stood up ...I know God allows us to choose what we want to do,or dnt you think so?

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ALEXIS0240: 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
Macelliot: People kept saying that, 'Catholics are worshipping Virgin Mary,' but I wants to prove them wrong.
* Firstly, we 'Catholics' are not worshipping Virgin mary, but instead, honouring her.
* Secondly, the holy bible made us to know in Luke 1:26-31 that the Arch-angel Gabriel visited Virgin Mary and greeted her saying, "you are full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed in the fruit of your worm, Jesus." Please, which woman again in this world can an Angel greet with such respect. Angel Gabriel honoured Mary, because He delivered the message from GOD. so who are you not to honour her? Are you greater than an Angel of GOD?
* Can Jesus Christ dwell in an unholy body? No ofcourse! She(Mary) is the only woman whom GOD has choosen.
* In Revelation 12:1-18, there was a woman who was clothed by the Sun, the moon under her feet and twelve star as a crown. She was about to deliver a Son and the pain at child birth made her cry. There appeared a dragon, who wanted to kill her, but fail. At that time the Archangel Michael fought the dragon and defeat the it. What I wanted to bring out here is that during the birth of Jesus Christ. King Herod wanted to kill Jesus by killing all the children atleast 2yrs, thinking He kill Jesus, but He failed.
* Last, but not the least. Blessed Virgin Mary was Clothed by the Sun, the moon as foot-mat and 12 stars as crown. Waoh! That's great! Anybody that condems Catholics by saying we are worshipping Mary is so jealous, [s]because no woman in that person's generations or generations to come, even grand, great, great-great-great-great-great-great-grand mother of that person combined together[/s] is as great as Blessed Virgin Mary.
We 'Catholics.' Our doctrines lies on mysterious teachings.' where ignorance, fools, pharisees and sadducees people can never understand. JESUS CHRIST teaches in parable, even His diciple couldn't understand Him, unless He explains it like ABC. So that is how Catholics are. You will keep on condeming Catholics until you know their mysterious teachings, then you will understand clearly. Thanks.
all this religious extremist talking rubbish.guy anything outside the bible that is not in line with jesus is trash.no one comes through to the father but through me.of what use is it honouring mary.guy let salvation be your target.leave all this earthly debates.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Dhurmynick(m): 10:51pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: OP u are a fool with astericks,Firstly how can we be jealous of mary when we serve the same Jesus,Secondly ur doctrines may tell you that you are not greater than angels but me and my own family are greater than all angels in heaven and on earth cos we are created in Gods image,read ur bible to understand that.Thirdly the way catholics interpret bible is their greatest doom cos Jesus clearly states it in the bible that ''NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME'' so worshipping mary wont take you to anywhere and also the mary u catholics worship is an idol.Fourthly theres no virginity after giving birth and mary has other kids......do you want more,just ask and it shall be given

I wish there is An hate link
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 16, 2013
pagans in denial again?? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by alotofgrace(m): 10:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
catholics!!!
as God use moses rish, he nor enter promise land.
as God love david rish, he nor build d temple.
so the fact that mary gave birth to christ does not qualify her to be worshipped or honoured....i am sure u r against the jewish tradition. so what makes marry more powerful and honourable than the most powerful prophet of the old testament - moses?
mary was only a carrier...or do u know bill gates mom, or dongote's, or warren buffet's, or zuckerberg's?
are u a christian? who do u believe in? do u stand for christ or mary? do u honour 2 gods? was mary a virgin after Christ incidence?
the message? choose ye this day whom you serve...God (Spirit) or a representative image? no offence

.................................................................................................................................................................May GOD HELP US ALL

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
fijiano202: Firstly, Are u sure you can Read? where did i say Mary doesnt worship God? Secondly,The verse Mark 6:3-6 clearly states that Mary never died a virgin that shes just a mother like my Mom and urs.Also Jesus recognise her as Just a mother,nothing superlative or Blessed enough to be Worshipped
bro, pls don't lie against bible. No passage mentioned this is Mary's son but Jesus brother. If Mary truely had a son why did he only take Jesus to Jerusalem when he was small and why did Jesus hand over his mother to Disciples when he was about to die whereas if she had sons, they would have take care of her. What i'm seeing is that those people are jesus relatives to Mary's son. Afterall, all women were mentioned with their son and why is her own different. I'm not seeing where they wrote this is Mary's son in the bible, so i won't believe ur bull-poo.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by sunkoye: 10:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
Simple minded Op. Everytin in revelation are parables and figure of speech. U av no idea of wat u are saying likewise the signs u were tryin to discuss.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Coldfeet(f): 10:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
See devil hand work o! We still dey for yerima and muslims na him dis one open this thread to divert attention for Christians to start fighting themselves!! Tufiakwa!!!!! Aru! I am a Christian! Believer of God Almighty and follower of Christ!! Anything aside this is count me out.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
JENMAUCY: Dear fijiano,I dnt think there is need calling names here,you can believe or leave it because you are entitle to your own opinion...but the truth still remains that virgin mary is blessed,as the op said,go to luke 1:27_28,here the angel told her that she is favoured and blessed among women,remember its a message from God,and I know that the angel deliver the message the way the sender ask him to. Let's go futher to verse 40-42,elizabeth stil cal her blessed,because of what she felt immediately she step into her home,it doesn't mean that the angel or elizabeth is worshiping her rather they apreciate what she accepted to do...or did you forget that heaven and earth await her answer after the angel have delivered the message? Yes heaven waits to hear her answer and in verse 38 she said behold am the handmaid of the Lord be it done to me according to thy word...do you know what it means? Even the angel can't leave without hearing her opinion on the message..then in verse 43 ,elizabeth asked her who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me? My dear friends the angel $ elizabeth greeting makes up the hail mary you people hear today...hail mary full of grace the Lord is with you(angel..luk 1:28 )...blessed aree you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb (elizabeth luk 1:42 ) then the catholic church taking a look @ what happened at canna in that wedding feast,the role mary played in that miracle that takes place there decides to ask for her intercession not praying to hher! If she can intercede when she is not asked ,what did you think will hapen when she is asked to? She talked to her son and he oblige her on earth even when he is not ready to perform..or do you think Jesus is not aware that the drink has finished? That is where holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and till the hour of our death....

Paul said, imitate me as i imitate christ.

Now you catholics imitate mary instead of christ himself. Abeg, man get enuf things to bother about...

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
ALEXIS0240: all this religious extremist talking rubbish.guy anything outside the bible that is not in line with jesus is trash.no one comes through to the father but through me.of what use is it honouring mary.guy let salvation be your target.leave all this earthly debates.
hypocrite! And you honour your mum. Smh, but it's written no one comes through the father but through him.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by tonychristopher: 11:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
op you have spoken.and spoken well...blessed Mary is awesome. we don't worship her we honor her. go to Pentecostal church and hear the way the worship DADDY GO AND HIS WIFE. they either call him daddy or something.or mummy. you will see 60…old woman calling one small girl mummy ...why cos na overseer wife....what do you call her.

mind you not only Catholics honor MOTHER MARY BUT THE WHOLE WORLD...THAT'S WHY ISLAM CALL HER MIRIAM AND PEOPLE BEAR HER NAME. MOTHER MARY PLEASE INTERCEDE FOR ME.

stupid gay wedding and greedy Pentecostal

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by splashbaby(m): 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
Is it the same MARY that also need a SAVIOUR in Jesus Christ...She can't save anybody...dem just dey waste their time. Jesus is the only way!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by myOGAonTOP: 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
Pls lets keep this thread as clean as possible. We who claim to be christians (both catholics and protestants alike) will agree that Christ will NEVER hurl insults or whatever EVEN when He is pushed to the limit.
Am actually enjoying the topic given my pedigree as an adept scholar of religious history and symbology (thats another story). thank you so much!
@OP you asked if we are greater than angels. YES WE ARE - '.....are they not ministering angels....'
bout the virgin mary being clothed with sun and stars et cetera, pls we would want BIBLICAL proofs to that. I Consider Anything outside the Bible is a myth.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by satellitedaisy: 11:06pm On Dec 16, 2013
Gbam! Believe it or leave it. Thanks OP
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 16, 2013
alotofgrace: catholics!!!
as God use moses rish, he nor enter promise land.
as God love david rish, he nor build d temple.
so the fact that mary gave birth to christ does not qualify her to be worshipped or honoured....i am sure u r against the jewish tradition. so what makes marry more powerful and honourable than the most powerful prophet of the old testament - moses?
mary was only a carrier...or do u know bill gates mom, or dongote's, or warren buffet's, or zuckerberg's?
are u a christian? who do u believe in? do u stand for christ or mary? do u honour 2 gods? was mary a virgin after Christ incidence?
the message? choose ye this day whom you serve...God (Spirit) or a representative image? no offence

.................................................................................................................................................................May GOD HELP US ALL
hmmm. See ur life those people u mentioned their name, what shuld we use their mother for? Ermmm, do u read ur bible at all. Read it and u'll understand why moses didn't enter promise land.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by alotofgrace(m): 11:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
tonychristopher: op you have spoken.and spoken well...blessed Mary is awesome. we don't worship her we honor her. go to Pentecostal church and hear the way the worship DADDY GO AND HIS WIFE. they either call him daddy or something.or mummy. you will see 60…old woman calling one small girl mummy ...why cos na overseer wife....what do you call her.

mind you not only Catholics honor MOTHER MARY BUT THE WHOLE WORLD...THAT'S WHY ISLAM CALL HER MIRIAM AND PEOPLE BEAR HER NAME. MOTHER MARY PLEASE INTERCEDE FOR ME.

stupid gay wedding and greedy Pentecostal

have u ever heard a christian named god? nope
a christian named jesus? nope
but we know mary...some mary are nice girls....others are ..i dont know what to call them...but they carry mary as mother MARY that u so honour
in ad...no religion is supreme...just know God spiritual and chemical properties personally.....

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
okpara ugo:

Paul said, imitate me as i imitate christ.

Now you catholics imitate mary instead of christ himself. Abeg, man get enuf things to bother about...
please sir! Must u blasphem. Imitate Mary as in?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
splashbaby: Is it the same MARY that also need a SAVIOUR in Jesus Christ...She can't save anybody...dem just dey waste their time. Jesus is the only way!
who said she can save? Must u lie to get noticed.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 16, 2013
myOGAonTOP: Pls lets keep this thread as clean as possible. We who claim to be christians (both catholics and protestants alike) will agree that Christ will NEVER hurl insults or whatever EVEN when He is pushed to the limit.
Am actually enjoying the topic given my pedigree as an adept scholar of religious history and symbology (thats another story). thank you so much!
@OP you asked if we are greater than angels. YES WE ARE - '.....are they not ministering angels....'
bout the virgin mary being clothed with sun and stars et cetera, pls we would want BIBLICAL proofs to that. I Consider Anything outside the Bible is a myth.
revelation 12. Indirectly to her sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Paul Adefarasin And Wife Pictured With Donald Trump At Daughter's Wedding / Apostle Ogochukwu Tochukwu Amaukwu's 2018 Prophecies / Pastor Chris Okafor Blasts Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.