Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad (17538 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Easiest Way To Travel Abroad / Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by tope3x(m): 12:54am On Dec 15, 2013
Hello house, I was in a friend's house last night when I met this new dude that came in on friday,he was narrating how Nigeria has been hell to his life..talking shi*ts about the country (No water,No stable electricity)and how it costed him lot of money to travel here,where he said he sold his car, his house and his boutique business that he has been managing for 3 years,but I was shaking my head within me cos I know it's not really easy to get a job here...now over to you nairalanders, Why do most Nigerians sell off their properties just to travel abroad and still work abroad to acquire same properties when they get back to Nigeria
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by MrKnowitall: 2:15am On Dec 15, 2013
[b]Most Nigerians sell their properties to travel abroad because the rate of returns for their time, effort, investment,

education etc... is much better abroad.

Also, there are other factors you have to add to the equation: security, emergency service, stability, etc...

For example, lets say that your friends car was worth $8,000, his house was worth $80,000, and his boutique was

worth $10,000. Now lets assume your friend's boutique was bringing in about $16,000 a year, and he spent about

$15,000 to come to the United States. So your friend had a minimum of $98,000 minus the $15,000 he spent on

coming to the United States, so the moment your friend lands in the U.S he has $83,000 to invest in his future.

Because your friend was making $16,000 a year in Nigeria from his boutique, every year he Spense in the U.S,

he would have to make at least that much to at least justify why he left Nigeria. But since he had $83,000 cash

on hand, you will have to divide the $83,000 by $16,000 he was making yearly in Nigeria so this gives him a 5

year head start. Every dollar your friend makes in those five year is a surplus. If anytime within those five

years your friend gets a four year degree or some kind of technical training and starts making $44,000 a year,

your friend would be consider a brilliant investor. In fact, he could even go back to Nigeria an use his degree

to work and make more money than he would had made running the boutique. There are more variables to

the equation but this is just a break down i guess. [/b]

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by tope3x(m): 2:30am On Dec 15, 2013
Thanks Bro. ..
Mr Knowitall: [b]Most Nigerians sell their properties to travel abroad because the rate of returns for their time, effort, investment,

Also, there are other factors you have to add to the equation: security, emergency service, stability, etc...

For example, lets say that your friends car was worth $8,000, his house was worth $80,000, and his boutique was

worth $10,000. Now lets assume your friend's boutique was bringing in about $16,000 a year, and he spent about

$15,000 to come to the United States. So your friend had a minimum of $98,000 minus the $15,000 he spent on

coming to the United States, so the moment your friend lands in the U.S he has $83,000 to invest in his future.

Because your friend was making $16,000 a year in Nigeria from his boutique, every year he Spense in the U.S,

he would have to make at least that much to at least justify why he left Nigeria. But since he had $83,000 cash

on hand, you will have to divide the $83,000 by $16,000 he was making yearly in Nigeria so this gives him a 5

year head start. Every dollar your friend makes in those five year is a surplus. If anytime within those five

years your friend gets a four year degree or some kind of technical training and starts making $44,000 a year,

your friend would be consider a brilliant investor. In fact, he could even go back to Nigeria an use his degree

to work and make more money than he would had made running the boutique. There are more variables to

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 15, 2013
@knowitall.............always on point with your analysis.............did you major in accounting/business management?

1 Like

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by whizcartel(m): 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
Idiocracy dats d prob. 2nd 2 comment.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
I want to sell this space to travel to another thread.

Anyone interested to buy, contact me.

12 Likes

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by damola1: 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
Mr Knowitall: [b]Most Nigerians sell their properties to travel abroad because the rate of returns for their time, effort, investment,

Your friend did not invest $83,000 in Nigeria. He invested $10,000, and had roof, which will also generate side revenue over his head plus mobility.

But overall, there are so many factors worth considering.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Diamonddamsel: 1:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
Its a gamble.Many are impressed by beautiful pictures of people wearing coats in the snow and want the same for themselves.Every soceity has its own challenges.If you are not a hardworking and focused person no matter where u move,it will not make a difference.Personally i love Nigeria im ok going for holidays abroad but i cant imagine living permanently.

22 Likes

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by boogiejay(m): 1:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
kkk
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Abbeymc: 1:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
Better tins .thinking is more better there.wrong mentality.bad idea

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Waspy(m): 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
Talking about what niggaz would do to be out the system and the cesspit. To add salt to the wound, it's not even looking as if its gonna be sane any time soon

3 Likes

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by LordMecuzy(m): 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
Booked Biko
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
Everything na choice
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by taiwoowiat: 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
later pls
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by alaladakosta(f): 1:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
ask me again!
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Those who keep abusing and insulting Nigerians who travel abroad in pursuit of better life should just shut it. I've discovered that most of these critics hold such views only because they do not yet have the opportunity to travel.

It's much better in the developed world cos everything works and order rules. And if you are not the lazy type you will not suffer. In Nigeria, hardwork does not guarantee success like it does in the developed world.

31 Likes

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by martyns303(m): 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2013

worth $10,000. [b]Now lets assume

[/b]your friend's boutique was bringing in about $16,000 a year, and he spent about

Assuming right? Cos all those figures ur giving up there makes me laugh.

4 Likes

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by greall1: 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ur way no be my way.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by NadiaSA1(f): 1:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I want to sell this space to travel to another thread.

Anyone interested to buy, contact me.
grin grin
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
When they are tired of Nigeria & v made up their minds to seek progress in oversea.
I tell you, Nigeria isn't getting better but getting worse. If you are just starting from the scratch. Suddenly, you v N600,000. You v a chance of getting success when you use it to travel to USA or England than to invest it in Nigeria. Things ain't comfortable in Nija.
More to follow.

6 Likes

Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by MRL1MPoPoTM: 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Hackerjay(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nah him choice nah
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
Yes assuming.
martyns303:
Assuming right? Cos all those figures ur giving up there makes me laugh.
Re: Why Should Someone Sell Their Properties To Travel Abroad by funlad26(f): 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
tope3x: Hello house, I was in a friend's house last night when I met this new dude that came in on friday,he was narrating how Nigeria has been hell to his life..talking shi*ts about the country (No water,No stable electricity)and how it costed him lot of money to travel here,where he said he sold his car, his house and his boutique business that he has been managing for 3 years,but I was shaking my head within me cos I know it's not really easy to get a job here...now over to you nairalanders, Why do most Nigerians sell off their properties just to travel abroad and still work abroad to acquire same properties when they get back to Nigeria

No plan of coming back to naija niyen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Traffic Advisory: Eko Youth Walk For Tinubu Today. / Lagos-Ibadan Train Schedule For The Festive Period (Photo) / Military Plane Crashes In Algeria, 200 People Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.