Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:36 PM

Mystery Or Co-incidence? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Mystery Or Co-incidence? (1879 Views)

Ugly Incidence In Emohua Rivers State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mystery Or Co-incidence? by Cahmegga: 1:47am On Dec 15, 2013
I happened to serve in Ondo state, Ose local government..Ifon to be precise..and to be honest, the rate at which corpers die there is alarming!

I got there Nov. 27th 2012, and by Dec, a batch A 2012 corper died......by January 2013, another batch A corper (who happened to be the house mate of the former) died......on hearing this development, we the serving corpers had to organise prayer sessions...MCAN, did theirs and the NCCF also held theirs...thank God! I left Ifon, Oct. 13th 2013 and no deaths among corpers was recorded...!! Shockingly, between this time, two corpers lost their mums....and one of them who lost his mum, also lost his dad....within the space of two weeks

BUT!

Barely two months after my POP, another corper has just bin reported dead, on 12th Dec 2013...still in that same local government!! News also has it that she recently lost her dad...I honestly never used to believe in stuffs like this, but, this here is one tooo many!!

Dunno what can be done, but I really believe something is seriously wrong somewhere....I did some asking around, and I was told the locals had some serious 'beef' with corpers in the past...seems some corpers in the past had affairs with their wives...and cos of that, they hated corpers wif a passion!

Could these deaths be mere co-incidence or is there something wrong with the place?!

----------------------------
and oh! Here is a pic of the sign board indicating the "corpers lodge"...its also in the memory of a late corper, who died while serving in the same local government, sometime in 2007!

Re: Mystery Or Co-incidence? by Afam4eva(m): 1:56am On Dec 15, 2013
It could just be happenstance. I'm sure corpers in other areas will have one thing or two to say about their area. It just happens that we Nigeria are superstitious and tend to attach mistery to everything.

Btw, What does Ifon mean in English?
Re: Mystery Or Co-incidence? by Cahmegga: 4:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
Afam4eva: It could just be happenstance. I'm sure corpers in other areas will have one thing or two to say about their area. It just happens that we Nigeria are superstitious and tend to attach mistery to everything.

Btw, What does Ifon mean in English?

Hmmm don't know o!
Re: Mystery Or Co-incidence? by Shammak(m): 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
'Ifon' is just a small town in Osun State.
Re: Mystery Or Co-incidence? by davide470(m): 1:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
Afam4eva: It could just be happenstance. I'm sure corpers in other areas will have one thing or two to say about their area. It just happens that we Nigeria are superstitious and tend to attach mistery to everything.
I beg to differ!

Corpers dying spontaneously in a locality without any maligna symptoms is NEVER a happenstance. I would even suggest writing a letter to the state cord / DG to stop posting corpers to that LG..

God's plan is for us to LIVE, and not DIE.
Re: Mystery Or Co-incidence? by longjohnsilver: 8:25am On Dec 19, 2013
Shammak: 'Ifon' is just a small town in Osun State.
This particular Ifon is in Ondo State...not Osun (for Osun it is called Ifon- Osun)
Re: Mystery Or Co-incidence? by Cahmegga: 12:10am On Dec 25, 2013
davide470:
I beg to differ!

Corpers dying spontaneously in a locality without any maligna symptoms is NEVER a happenstance. I would even suggest writing a letter to the state cord / DG to stop posting corpers to that LG..

God's plan is for us to LIVE, and not DIE.

My brother! This was what I had in mind...its worrisome really..
Re: Mystery Or Co-incidence? by speak2femz: 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
Cahmegga:
I happened to serve in Ondo state, Ose local government..Ifon to be precise..and to be honest, the rate at which corpers die there is alarming!

I got there Nov. 27th 2012, and by Dec, a batch A 2012 corper died......by January 2013, another batch A corper (who happened to be the house mate of the former) died......on hearing this development, we the serving corpers had to organise prayer sessions...MCAN, did theirs and the NCCF also held theirs...thank God! I left Ifon, Oct. 13th 2013 and no deaths among corpers was recorded...!! Shockingly, between this time, two corpers lost their mums....and one of them who lost his mum, also lost his dad....within the space of two weeks

BUT!

Barely two months after my POP, another corper has just bin reported dead, on 12th Dec 2013...still in that same local government!! News also has it that she recently lost her dad...I honestly never used to believe in stuffs like this, but, this here is one tooo many!!

Dunno what can be done, but I really believe something is seriously wrong somewhere....I did some asking around, and I was told the locals had some serious 'beef' with corpers in the past...seems some corpers in the past had affairs with their wives...and cos of that, they hated corpers wif a passion!

Could these deaths be mere co-incidence or is there something wrong with the place?!

----------------------------
and oh! Here is a pic of the sign board indicating the "corpers lodge"...its also in the memory of a late corper, who died while serving in the same local government, sometime in 2007!
The Lady Bunmi was my roommate before she moved. Michael was our Ute papa. may their souls continue to rest in peace
Re: Mystery Or Co-incidence? by boyo123(m): 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
yeeepppa, op why you dey fear me naw.am posted to ondo state o, anways have note the name of that LG even if them tie my hand and leg i no go accept am as my ppa

(1) (Reply)

Sure Prospective NYSC BATCH B 2015 / Best Place For PPA In Kogi / Truth Behind NYSC 2018 Batch A Female Kwara Corp Member Amadi's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.