Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,550 members, 7,801,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ (31151 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense / Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by ceo4eva: 3:01am On Dec 15, 2013
As the Presidency prepares a reply to the 18-page letter written by former President Olusegun Obasanjo to President Goodluck Jonathan on the state of the nation, indications emerged, yesterday, that the former leader was not expecting any reply but action from Jonathan.

A competent source told Sunday Vanguard that Obasanjo was more interested in Jonathan addressing the core issues he raised in his letter rather than getting a reply to his damning missive, entitled, ‘Before it is too late’.

The source, which also denied any breakfast meeting between Obasanjo and Jonathan in Nairobi, the capital of Kenya, said the story was made up by those who tried to play down the importance of the former leader’s letter.

The source said,”The truth of the matter is that former President Obasanjo is not expecting President Jonathan to reply him. Absolutely no. The President did not consider it needful to respond to previous letters privately written to him by the former head of state and he does not expect any reply to this one.

“I can tell you that Obasanjo wrote the letter with the best intentions for Jonathan and Nigeria and what he wants from the President is courageous and timely actions to save Nigeria from the brink. That’s all.

“Obasanjo will be a happy Nigerian if appropriate steps are taken by President Jonathan to address the burning issues of corruption and other challenges that threaten to bring this country down.

“There is absolutely no reason to expect a reply from the Presidency when previous letters written to him were not even acknowledged.”
It was however learnt, at the weekend, that presidential aides have drafted a response to Obasanjo’s letter. The response was said to be awaiting Jonathan’s approval.

Asked to justify the breakfast parley between the former President and Jonathan in Kenya on the day the bromide of Obasanjo’s letter was feasted on by the media, the source said there was no meeting between the two leaders.

The source said that Obasanjo and Jonathan only met by chance and exchanged pleasantries as they lodged in the same hotel in Nairobi.
Obasanjo stirred controversy when he wrote a letter to Jonathan drawing his attention to myriad of issues capable of taking Nigeria to the brink if not addressed.

But the Presidency fired back, describing the letter as inciting, provocative and self-serving. Presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati, who’s issued a statement, indicated that Jonathan would make a formal response but did not say when he would do so.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/obasanjo-fires-warns-jonathan-keep-reply-save-nigeria/

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by ceo4eva: 3:01am On Dec 15, 2013
It's high time OBJ shut his mouth. He's only trying to exacerbate and heighten the political tension in the land. He was never a Saint during his own regime. Corruption still flourished under OBJ the same way it's being celebrated now. Let both men desist from committing more crimes against Morals and Decency.

36 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 3:18am On Dec 15, 2013
ceo4eva, if the unnamed source in that Vanguard article is to be believed, it would appear the detente organised by Yayi broke down somewhere in the Kenyan airspace grin

Move to reconcile Jonathan, OBJ begins

Sunday, 15 December 2013

•How Beninese president facilitated Kenya meeting
•Obasanjo meets S/W PDP leaders

president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, to President Goodluck Jonathan continues to generate reactions, the president of Benin Republic, Mr Boni Yayi, has launched a peace move to reconcile the two warring leaders.

President Yayi is reputed to be very close to both President Jonathan and Obasanjo. The Benin leader has had cause to serve as peacemaker between the two leaders in the past.

Sunday Tribune was reliably told that since the controversial letter became public, the Benioniose leader had launched into action, tracking President Jonathan from South Africa to Kenya to forestall escalation of the feud.

President Yayi is said to be conversant with the relationship and issues between the two Nigerian leaders, even as a source said the African Union (AU) former chairman is well versed in the internal politics of Nigeria.

A top administration source revealed that Yayi was the organiser of the unusual meeting between both Obasanjo and Jonathan in Nairobi, the Kenyan capital. Yayi was said to have prevailed on both leaders to meet and talk to douse tension back at home.

It was not clear whether it was the intervention of Yayi that stopped harsh reaction and response of the Nigerian Presidency to the letter as well as the directive to presidential aides not to engage Obasanjo. It was, however, gathered that Yayi had placated the two leaders to iron out issues out of public glare.

Details of Yayi’s peace plan is, however, not clear beyond the meeting between the two leaders which security sources said had done a lot to calm frayed nerves and douse the tension raised by the letter.

Source: Sunday Tribune

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by kettykin: 4:51am On Dec 15, 2013
It seems the beginning of a long drawn battle is just starting, I just hope it will be packed full with actions and excitement. Stay tuned for more fireworks

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by CircleOfWilis: 4:55am On Dec 15, 2013
exactly! we dnt need some dumb replies from a slow, daft president- WE NEED ACTION!

if baba peace can not face the heat, let him leave

53 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by crystalballs: 5:23am On Dec 15, 2013
Where are the fresh air team.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 15, 2013
Obj and Gej are both phd holders in unarmed robbery, so what's the fuss about? Aboki, continue to shine my shoes and don't mind those 1diots until 2019 undecided

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by OdogwuAgulu(m): 5:34am On Dec 15, 2013
Idi Amin: Obj and Gej are both phd holders in unarmed robbery, so what's the fuss about? Aboki, continue to shine my shoes and don't mind those 1diots until 2019 undecided
Aboki mumu, continue the shoe shinning until then, you heargrin grin
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by kstyle2(m): 5:35am On Dec 15, 2013
Why obj just dey tackle 'papa peace' na?.....but on a crious note,gej nids 2 put his house in order...he's fast becomin d worst tin 2 hapn 2 9ja since d dayz of anini....i hope he delivers....all izz well

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 15, 2013
Playing politics

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:47am On Dec 15, 2013
crystalballs: Where are the fresh air team.

We dey kampe!

28 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Femolacaster(m): 5:52am On Dec 15, 2013
I dey laugh oo.....make i just dey one corner dey observe how d thing unfold!
Obasanjo 2 - 0 Gej!!!

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by bloggernaija: 6:08am On Dec 15, 2013
Obasanjo's judgement is always wrong

Shagari
Yar adua
Jonathan

Now he is pushing lamido.

ALL OF THEM SHOULD GO AND PHACK THEMSELVES

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Btruth: 6:31am On Dec 15, 2013
Whatever........, you are the initiator of this dunce president anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by samuelkaykay(m): 6:38am On Dec 15, 2013
Obj want to rule Nigeria again through Lamido.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Kessyy2k4(m): 6:40am On Dec 15, 2013
gej has dung hs grave wt hs own hand :/

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 15, 2013
Obasanjo ran to kenya were GEJ was invited for their independence to meet our president. He is utterly shocked that GEJ didnt even mention anything or the contents of the letter to him there. I guess OBJ was thinking GEJ would begin to ask him, caution or even start to curry favour from him. Obasanjo is trying to use such a weighty letter to whip GEJ in line so as to play his godfather role again and reckon to relevance. He is still shocked that GEJ called his bluff in kenya, just had dinner with him and everyone left.

Gej's silence in the midst of all this provocations from these bitter politicians is a thing of concern to them. They dont know what he has in the offing. If it was obasanjo that was been accussed of all these atrocities, heads would have rolled by now. If OBJ can reply ordinary edris abdukareem on his famous song "nigeria jaga jaga" and say na him papa and mama jaga jaga, then we can imagine other oppositions. This same OBJ destroyed the opposition, took in some of them like late bola ige, today were is bola ige.

I love GEJ for one thing. His silence is uncommon in the midst of all this provocations. His silence has earned him the name clueless and retardeen. For sure, who ever tutored GEJ in this roughshod called nigeria politics is the best.

I will drop machiavelli's famous quote " the end justifies the means".

87 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Tsmooth1(m): 6:59am On Dec 15, 2013
Instead of Jonathan to address the issue raised in the letter, he was busy wanting to reply OBJ. What a shamless drunkard!

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Rednaxelot: 7:11am On Dec 15, 2013
samuelkaykay: Obj want to rule Nigeria again through Lamido.
like he is ruling through GEJ!
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by ceo4eva: 7:12am On Dec 15, 2013
eGuerrilla: ceo4eva, if the unnamed source in that Vanguard article is to be believed, it would appear the detente organised by Yayi broke down somewhere in the Kenyan airspace grin

Source: Sunday Tribune

This is really self-expository!
I believe this will further deteriorate their already battered relationship. Why are both men finding it difficult to let sleeping dog lie? After all, none of both is a Saint! Time will tell! .

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by biafranqueen: 7:42am On Dec 15, 2013
babyface333: `

Gej's silence in the midst of all this provocations from these bitter politicians is a thing of concern to them.

I love GEJ for one thing. [b]His silence is uncommon in the midst of all this provocations. His silence has earned him the name clueless and retardeen. [/b]For sure, who ever tutored GEJ in this roughshod called nigeria politics is the best.

I will drop machiavelli's famous quote " the end justifies the means".

“The true genius shudders at incompleteness — imperfection — and usually prefers silence to saying the something which is not everything that should be said.”
― Edgar Allan Poe,
“Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

“Silence is the ultimate weapon of power.”
― Charles de Gaulle

26 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by 9jii(m): 7:43am On Dec 15, 2013
Bigot mind will not see good advice in this but attack.
Oga obj just saying don't make the same mistakes we made.
We were there.

Its not only the problem of illiteracy in Nigeria but many people have bad mindset, primitive thinking,bigotry. .

u hear a lot of people talking cowardly in a very good grammar.

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Ojewande(m): 7:44am On Dec 15, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#770077][/color]he who pays the Piper dictate the tune... Obasanjo put Jonathan in Power, so what did he expect....?? And since Jonathan is a product of derailment Obj gat to calumnate him for real and since Obj perform the real executive function Gej need to bury his head in shame but now that he began to act for once like a man he became a failure to the cabals that brought him... What is our hope youth??
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 15, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

We dey kampe!
how are you fairing o?
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Tuntheycr7: 7:51am On Dec 15, 2013
So ?
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by biafranqueen: 8:14am On Dec 15, 2013
Quote:

Although you have not formally informed me one way or the other, it will be necessary to refresh your memory of what transpired in 2011. I had gone to Benue State for the marriage of one of my staff, Vitalis Ortese, in the State. Governor Suswam was my hospitable host. He told me that you had accepted a one-term presidency to allow for ease of getting support across the board in the North. I decided to cross-check with you. You did not hesitate to confirm to me that you are a strong believer in a one-term of six years for the President and that by the time you have used the unexpired time of your predecessor and the four years of your first term, you would have almost used up to six years and you would not need any more term or time.

Tell me how many Nigerian leaders would not want to try for another complete four years. Even though Obasanjo after 2 full terms tried to see if if he could get a 3rd term and if it was no such a great protest he would have taken a 3rd term.It is obvious that GEJ got a taste of power, and is not ready to let go of those reins now. 2015 will be a showdown between the Old Nigerian Guard and the Newbies that were not part of the military regime in Nigeria's past. I pray the elite will finish themselves, and at the same time exposing this so called democrazy, for what it is, a farce. Let them keep writing letters and jumping party lines, so the citizens can finally come to terms and realization, that this recycled power among the elite is just a way to keep the citizens in bondage. We must not be fooled to choose party sides or practicing ethnic favoritism, they are all the same in my book!

This is just politricks to keep us distracted, from the continued theft of our national resources and wealth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNve2J5aY_E

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by ceo4eva: 10:37am On Dec 15, 2013
biafranqueen: Quote:

Tell me how many Nigerian leaders would not want to try for another complete four years. Even though Obasanjo after 2 full terms tried to see if if he could get a 3rd term and if it was no such a great protest he would have taken a 3rd term.It is obvious that GEJ got a taste of power, and is not ready to let go of those reins now. 2015 will be a showdown between the Old Nigerian Guard and the Newbies that were not part of the military regime in Nigeria's past. I pray the elite will finish themselves, and at the same time exposing this so called democrazy, for what it is, a farce. Let them keep writing letters and jumping party lines, so the citizens can finally come to terms and realization, that this recycled power among the elite is just a way to keep the citizens in bondage. We must not be fooled to choose party sides or practicing ethnic favoritism, they are all the same in my book!

This is just politricks to keep us distracted, from the continued theft of our national resources and wealth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNve2J5aY_E
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by ajoskele(m): 10:45am On Dec 15, 2013
Even if GEJ wins 2015 Presidential elections,will he be sworn in?..he has been sworn in two times and I think getting another swearing-in is against the constitution..#justsaying

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Princess2be(f): 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
ajoskele: Even if GEJ wins 2015 Presidential elections,will he be sworn in?..he has been sworn in two times and I think getting another swearing-in is against the constitution..#justsaying
Over to the Lawyers in the house...
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:51pm On Dec 15, 2013
scipher: how are you fairing o?

Can't get better than it is now for us. The coast is clearer now than it was before.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Horus(m): 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jIlIGClSrI

Obasanjo's Letter Marks End Of Jonathan And PDP
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by mazizitonene(m): 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
Obj don dey feel lyk don jazzy

PH peeps only

www.nairaland.com/1512993/port-harcourt-nairalanders-get-together

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna Guber Poll: APC Faces Tough Hurdle As 9 Candidates Step Down For PDP / Former PDP Ministers Meet With Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / 'PDP To Boycott 2019 Election If…' - Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.