Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ (2435 Views)

Call Your Wife To Order, Group Warns Jonathan / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by emekaxy: 6:25am On Dec 15, 2013
As the Presidency prepares a
reply to the 18-page letter
written by former President
Olusegun Obasanjo to
President Goodluck Jonathan
on the state of the nation,
indications emerged,
yesterday, that the former
leader was not expecting any
reply but action from Jonathan.
A competent source told
Sunday Vanguard that
Obasanjo was more interested
in Jonathan addressing the
core issues he raised in his
letter rather than getting a
reply to his damning missive,
entitled, ‘Before it is too late’.
The source, which also denied
any breakfast meeting
between Obasanjo and
Jonathan in Nairobi, the capital
of Kenya, said the story was
made up by those who tried to
play down the importance of
the former leader’s letter.
The source said,”The truth of
the matter is that former
President Obasanjo is not
expecting President Jonathan
to reply him. Absolutely no.
The President did not consider
it needful to respond to
previous letters privately
written to him by the former
head of state and he does not
expect any reply to this one.
“I can tell you that Obasanjo
wrote the letter with the best
intentions for Jonathan and
Nigeria and what he wants
from the President is
courageous and timely actions
to save Nigeria from the brink.
That’s all.
“Obasanjo will be a happy
Nigerian if appropriate steps
are taken by President
Jonathan to address the
burning issues of corruption
and other challenges that
threaten to bring this country
down.
“There is absolutely no reason
to expect a reply from the
Presidency when previous
letters written to him were not
even acknowledged.”
It was however learnt, at the
weekend, that presidential
aides have drafted a response
to Obasanjo’s letter.
The response was said to be
awaiting Jonathan’s approval.
Asked to justify the breakfast
parley between the former
President and Jonathan in
Kenya on the day the bromide
of Obasanjo’s letter was
feasted on by the media, the
source said there was no
meeting between the two
leaders.
The source said that Obasanjo
and Jonathan only met by
chance and exchanged
pleasantries as they lodged in
the same hotel in Nairobi.
Obasanjo stirred controversy
when he wrote a letter to
Jonathan drawing his attention
to myriad of issues capable of
taking Nigeria to the brink if
not addressed.
But the Presidency fired back,
describing the letter as
inciting, provocative and self-
serving. Presidential
spokesman, Reuben Abati,
who’s issued a statement,
indicated that Jonathan would
make a formal response but
did not say when he would do
so.

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/obasanjo-fires-warns-jonathan-keep-reply-save-nigeria/
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Tsmooth1(m): 6:30am On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by GenWOJUOLA(m): 6:47am On Dec 15, 2013
War of words!! But GEJ had better ignore the messenger and act on d message, regardless of how Obj purged Nigeria of her resources, he didnt do with such high leveld impunity!! At leas his 'enemies' dared not be corrupt, but even GEJs satan is as corrupt as can be!!
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by iykc2012(m): 6:49am On Dec 15, 2013
GEJ. Actions speaks louder than word! If you want to break this Country pls come and be bold and if you want peace and unity pls Unit US strongly cus I love this Country called NIGERIA a place Ø̲̣̣̥f freedom Ø̲̣̣̥f Movement and enjoyment.
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Goddex: 6:52am On Dec 15, 2013
This story could just be from the imagination of the writer. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that OBJ said what is being alleged here.
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 15, 2013
Obasanjo ran to kenya were GEJ was invited for their independence to meet our president. He is utterly shocked that GEJ didnt even mention anything or the contents of the letter to him there. I guess OBJ was thinking GEJ would begin to ask him, caution or even start to curry favour from him. Obasanjo is trying to use such a weighty letter to whip GEJ in line so as to play his godfather role again and reckon to relevance. He is still shocked that GEJ called his bluff in kenya, just had dinner with him and everyone left.

Gej's silence in the midst of all this provocations from these bitter politicians is a thing of concern to them. They dont know what he has in the offing. If it was obasanjo that was been accussed of all these atrocities, heads would have rolled by now. If OBJ can reply ordinary edris abdukareem on his famous song "nigeria jaga jaga" and say na him papa and mama jaga jaga, then we can imagine other oppositions. This same OBJ destroyed the opposition, took in some of them like late bola ige, today were is bola ige.

I love GEJ for one thing. His silence is uncommon in the midst of all this provocations. His silence has earned him the name clueless and retardeen. For sure, who ever tutored GEJ in this roughshod called nigeria politics is the best.

I will drop machiavelli's famous quote " the end justifies the means".

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Rednaxelot: 7:02am On Dec 15, 2013
Obasanjo has spoken.

Jonathan, act on the issue and save yourself the stress of acting on the tissue!
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 15, 2013
@Babyface333

you still reason like a sentimental kid.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 15, 2013
Like i said..... "The end justify the means". No be by making noise all over the place. I hope when the chips are finally down, you will come back to say am sentimental.

Guess what! The tactics the likes of obasanjo are using now was the same old tactics they used prior to anambra election. Where are the noise makers now? No worry, you will come back to see that silence has always been the best method to fight rough in a battle. Let them keep on guessing on why Gej is silent. Let them keep on guessing on his next action.
Segeggs: @Babyface333

you still reason like a sentimental kid.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by 9jii(m): 7:20am On Dec 15, 2013
If OBJ was warning GEJ not make the same mistakes he/they made when in power.i think only bigot mind will find wrong in that.
I believe he has the right to run so he can fall hard

or

huin
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 7:51am On Dec 15, 2013
Jonathan as the president must listen to and try to make ammendments from these messages.
But OBJ and his likes must account for all their loots before NIGERIANs can take them serious.
BIG CRIMINAL advising upcomming ones. I weep for our YOUTHs who keep taking sides with two sides of evil.
WHEN WILL AGBAMETA, CHINO, BEREM, ILUGUNBOY, GRAMCI, GBAWE, SINCERE9GERIAN, PAYLESS and co unite in a common front to fight our common evil like MANDELA. Our commn evil are the past looters like BUHARI, OBJ, BABANGIDA, ABUBAKAR and co who keep appearing as denominators in our political and economic equation. Rather they prefer to fall for CRUMBs albeit mortgaging their future and that of their children.
SHAME ON US ALL!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by CircleOfWilis: 7:52am On Dec 15, 2013
*one najeria!
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:54am On Dec 15, 2013
SILENCE the best answer for a FOOL. ...

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Tuntheycr7: 7:55am On Dec 15, 2013
K
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 15, 2013
babyface333: Obasanjo ran to kenya were GEJ was invited for their independence to meet our president. He is utterly shocked that GEJ didnt even mention anything or the contents of the letter to him there. I guess OBJ was thinking GEJ would begin to ask him, caution or even start to curry favour from him. Obasanjo is trying to use such a weighty letter to whip GEJ in line so as to play his godfather role again and reckon to relevance. He is still shocked that GEJ called his bluff in kenya, just had dinner with him and everyone left.

Gej's silence in the midst of all this provocations from these bitter politicians is a thing of concern to them. They dont know what he has in the offing. If it was obasanjo that was been accussed of all these atrocities, heads would have rolled by now. If OBJ can reply ordinary edris abdukareem on his famous song "nigeria jaga jaga" and say na him papa and mama jaga jaga, then we can imagine other oppositions. This same OBJ destroyed the opposition, took in some of them like late bola ige, today were is bola ige.

I love GEJ for one thing. His silence is uncommon in the midst of all this provocations. His silence has earned him the name clueless and retardeen. For sure, who ever tutored GEJ in this roughshod called nigeria politics is the best.

Awesome, you have captured it in perfect tense. There is a saying " Silence, is the best answer to a f00l". I guess, that's whats working here.
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 15, 2013
IbokUtoroh: SILENCE the best answer for a FOOL. ...
Yes, you capture it.
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by omenka(m): 9:37am On Dec 15, 2013
Misleading title.
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by gratiaeo(m): 10:21am On Dec 15, 2013
Anything all to move this country forward acceptable
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by khamas19: 10:30am On Dec 15, 2013
...Jonathan's end will be like Samuel Doe's.....

it is only fair.....
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by AlikoDangote(m): 10:33am On Dec 15, 2013
There is no need for a reply from GEJ. OBJ has raised very pertinent issues on the situation of things in the country which is very obvious to all Nigerians. What is required of Mr President is to act decisively on the points raised by OBJ by amending those things that are amendable. fighting with your godfather is against the rule of politics.
like godfather like godson!!!

But Wait a Minute OP this ur headline his sensational and misleading..
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by talktimi(m): 10:42am On Dec 15, 2013
Reply for wetin na ? Gej should do the needful by keeping E.K Clark far from him, shutting Asari up, sacking Diezani & Stella Oduah or easing them out and putting stricter people in their place and cutting the access of praise singers to him. Every other thing is hogwash though i believe Tinubu will sell out his party again come 2015 as per normal paroles grin
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by judexnweke: 10:47am On Dec 15, 2013
NIGERIAN BE WISE ALL THIS POLITICAN ARE SAME OBJ IBB ATIKU ARE ALL ROLs AFTER OWNING ALL THE BLUE CHIPS COMPANY IN AND OUTSIDE NIGERIA YOU ARE STILL FIGHTING OVER NIGERIAN RESOURCE

The wealth of our nation cannot finish no matter how you people's tried

NIGERIAN WE WISE
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by 1freshdude: 11:09am On Dec 15, 2013
[quote author=babyface333]Like i said..... "The end justify the means".

The end never justifies the means, try to understand the meaning of words before using them. Both the end and the means should justify it self; you dont steal to get rich and then say the end justifies the means. Take note plz!
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by SlyIg(f): 11:20am On Dec 15, 2013
Save Nigeria or save PDP
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Brimmie(m): 12:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
OBJ !! Baba Ni Yen!! cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by djfaithy: 12:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
babyface333: Obasanjo ran to kenya were GEJ was invited for their independence to meet our president. He is utterly shocked that GEJ didnt even mention anything or the contents of the letter to him there. I guess OBJ was thinking GEJ would begin to ask him, caution or even start to curry favour from him. Obasanjo is trying to use such a weighty letter to whip GEJ in line so as to play his godfather role again and reckon to relevance. He is still shocked that GEJ called his bluff in kenya, just had dinner with him and everyone left.

. Whoever tutored GEJ in this roughshod called Nigeria is surely the worst, This is Nigeria, the land of 23/24, shout when they shout, laugh when they laugh, dance when they dance don't ever let their noise overcome yours, that's the best way to survive Nigerian politics, I guess abati knows better,but you've said it all.....THE END SHALL JUSTIFY THE MEANS.
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by djfaithy: 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
IbokUtoroh: SILENCE the best answer for a FOOL. ...
. Yeah for a fool, not obasanjo....abacha,abiola,ibb and atiku can testify, ebora owu is not just an ordinary politician, he works for the unseen forces that controls Nigeria, don't ask me who.
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Abagworo(m): 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
djfaithy: . Whoever tutored GEJ in this roughshod called Nigeria is surely the worst, This is Nigeria, the land of 23/24, shout when they shout, laugh when they laugh, dance when they dance don't ever let their noise overcome yours, that's the best way to survive Nigerian politics, I guess abati knows better,but you've said it all.....THE END SHALL JUSTIFY THE MEANS.

Obasanjo knows more than you and I. What if there are plans to install another Niger Deltan as President in a bloody coup? Do you think anybody will come out to protest? The Yorubas are the major activists that could have protested if Jonathan is removed but as at today everyone is not happy and no one will even cough. The Niger Deltans will be happy that another of their son is the new President.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Pukkah: 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
Billyonaire:

Awesome, you have captured it in perfect tense. There is a saying " Silence, is the best answer to a f00l". I guess, that's whats working here.

Who's the fool here? Honestly, you guys don't know the enormity of what has just hit you.

Anyway, Obasanjo probably had people like you in mind when he wrote:

Knowing what happens around you most of which you know of and condone or deny, this letter will provoke cacophony from hired and unhired attackers but I will maintain my serenity because by this letter, I have done my duty to you as I have always done, to your government, to the Party, PDP, and to our country, Nigeria.

Obasanjo is not done yet:

Please, Mr. President, be very wary of assistants, aides and collaborators who look for enemies for you. I have seen them with you and some were around me when I was in your position. I knew how not to allow them create enemies for me. If you allow them, everybody except them will be your enemy. They are more dangerous than identified adversaries. May God save leaders from sycophants. They know what you want to hear to hear and they fee you with it essentially for their own selfish interest. As far as you and Nigeria are concerned, they are wreckers.

Again, who is the fool?

I repeat, I wish some of you knew the impact and implications of what just happened.
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by jmaine: 1:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
The slimy and up to no good OBJ is simply wasting his time trying to gain some needed leverage towards 2015.
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by jmaine: 1:06pm On Dec 15, 2013

You spoke well . . Endorsed . . . . cool
Re: Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
Pukkah:

Who's the fool here? Honestly, you guys don't know the enormity of what has just hit you.

Anyway, Obasanjo probably had people like you in mind when he wrote:

Obasanjo is not done yet:

Again, who is the fool?

I repeat, I wish some of you knew the impact and implications of what just happened.

It is wrong for a group of mafioso, to take Nigerians for Granted, and decide to Chose Leaders (for us), based on "gentlemanly agreements", which actually means, "the poor can not come close to".

GEJ is the first "ordinary" Nigerian to be in Aso Rock and the mafioso wants him out, so they can continue business as usual.

You and I, will NOT accept that. We will fight them online and offline and make sure that every family, every Nigerian from any State and region, is qualified to contest elections and win by merit and NOT because the Kaduna Mafioso or what they call themselves "anoints" him or her.

Let Justice Reign, We must obey the Constitution NOT Gentlemanly agreement of mafioso.

(1) (2)

"You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly / Russian Operation In Syria Revealed The Real Sponsors Of Terrorism To The World / Thieves In Politics - Saints In Their Midsts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.