Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,537 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:28 PM

NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service (11837 Views)

Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn / NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls / Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by adeoladrg(m): 7:47am On Dec 15, 2013
Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has handed four major telecommunication operators a fine of N1.2 billion for failing to adhere to quality of service regulations of the commission in 2012. NCC had last year developed and published certain Key Performance Indicators (KPI) threshold to be maintained by the major telecommunication service providers.

However, after a careful investigation into the quality of services provided by the major network operators, the commission concluded that the present service provided by these major telecom operators fell below the KPI threshold. Subsequently, it handed them the hefty fines.

The details of the penalties as communicated to the different operators indicate that MTN Nigeria as well as Etisalat were fined the sum of three hundred and sixty million naira each, while Airtel is to pay the sum of two hundred and seventy million naira while Globacom attracted a penalty of one hundred and eighty million naira.

NCC has also warned that failure to comply with the directive will further result in the imposition of another sanction in the amount of N5, 000, 000 (five million naira) and a further N500, 000 (five hundred thousand naira) per day after the expiration of notice.

Further failure to comply with NCC’s KPI by December 31 will warrant the stoppage of sales of SIM cards by offending operators as it noted that all operators may be affected as most of them are not satisfying key consumers especially in the area of rampant call drop.

Failure of the operators to meet with the terms of agreement with the Commission in 2012, the commission said, will warrant more drastic implementation of the Key Performance Indicators instituted.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/business/ncc-fines-mtn-airtel-others-n1-2-bn/

2 Likes

Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by YEBOKO(m): 7:49am On Dec 15, 2013
Na today,space booked
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by adeoladrg(m): 7:49am On Dec 15, 2013
And the fines will end up in the pocket of ncc,why not compensate the consumers who are the real losers in this poor network service.

12 Likes

Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by adeoladrg(m): 7:51am On Dec 15, 2013
I copied the news from THE SUN app on my android. So don't ask for my stew.

1 Like

Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 15, 2013
fine them all...

2 Likes

Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by adeoladrg(m): 8:01am On Dec 15, 2013
Fining them in millions?? Adenuga'll be on his couch giving us a hard laughter. Just 1 button and the money is in NCC's account. Wouldn't bother any of them tho, they got too much from us and av given us peanuts.

6 Likes

Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Codedboy95(m): 8:12am On Dec 15, 2013
adeola_drg: I copied the news from THE SUN app on my android. So don't ask for my stew source.
na so hunger they do pesin. We understand
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by bhaliz44(m): 8:24am On Dec 15, 2013
I read that in 1970 grin grin

1 Like

Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by AbuMikey(m): 8:46am On Dec 15, 2013
[size=26pt]k.[/size]

1 Like

Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Dannylux: 8:46am On Dec 15, 2013
Hmm this is not right. Fining them would only make them drain whatever they lost outta their customers.

NCC are the real thieves here. Very redundant but would be quick to mention millions as fine.

5 Likes

Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Deblow: 8:49am On Dec 15, 2013
Arrant nonsense! How does this translate to cheaper call rates and data subscription to the subscribers who are the end users? When customers were being held by the jugular with frustrations all over their faces NCC looked the other way but now that they need money in their coffers to share for the yuletide, they are imposing dubious fines! Instead of them to come up with a clear - cut instruction to these oppressors to come down substantially with their tariff across board. All the fines put together isn't up to the amount each of them makes in few hours or even less. NCC has lost its relevance in the scheme of things joor. It should be scrapped!

6 Likes

Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by fdigital(m): 8:55am On Dec 15, 2013
Fining them alone wount solve the KPI issues, rather stern tasking them on good service delivery. Data and call connectivity standard here is soo not good, other countries have steped up to 4G/lite we r still scrambling to stabilize common Edge/3G with all the huge income this SP has been grappling from us.
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by 9jii(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2013
Our lost their gain.
NCC and Service providers are just sharing bounty

1 Like

Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Youngpo413: 9:21am On Dec 15, 2013
No wahalla
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Tuntheycr7: 9:31am On Dec 15, 2013
[size=32pt]OK[/size]
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Luxiana19(f): 11:34am On Dec 15, 2013
hope they will not para and increase bis money now?
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Olugbenger(m): 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
tongue
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Ubarab(m): 12:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
And what do they do with the money? Embezzle it! Mtsheeew, yeye people.
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
how does that benefits subscribers na?
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by damola311: 12:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ao i wish this happens in power sector

2 Likes

Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by cooldipo(m): 12:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
It's obvious these fines are not working....NCC need to come up with some more drastic measures.....Nigeria is too weak at putting big enterprise in check because of the underlying corruption.
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
na today? These fines have been placed on these networks for two consecutive years, yet no results...Nigeria is a sad country embarassed embarassed
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Smartjeezy(m): 12:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ncc Wan Collect Thier Own Share Be Dat...
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by odiagabros(m): 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
thieves...
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
damola311: Ao i wish this happens in power sector
haba. It would be too early. Give them a year.
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by calddon(m): 12:51pm On Dec 15, 2013
EMPTY HEN ! always on top of the list,

bdw who gets to spend the fine collected?
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by jmoore(m): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
NCC dey chop alone. What do we get as the customers?
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by DonaldGenes(m): 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
Bunch of lame Azz retarded NCC folks....mtcheeeew 1.2B is too meagre for these coys nah,

1 Like

Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by iphoneloaded(m): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
JideTheBlogger: how does that benefits subscribers na?

Negatively brother: Increase in data services cost. embarassed
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
angryokay I have 2 derail pls, is it only my part of the country that has been in darkness for the past 5days now? I thought this thing was handed over 2 d private sector!
Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Felixitie(m): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nah today!!!!! Shey nah like dis we go dey dey

1 Like

Re: NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
That will never be enough they all need tight penalty. Fin on top the millions they av made.... Long hissssssss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN 4.5GB Is Now N2,500...all Day, All Night! / Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone / Tecno W3 Lte Users!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.