Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Ideas To Study In Turkey. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ideas To Study In Turkey. (13545 Views)

Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment / Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? / Life In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas To Study In Turkey. by elleven45(m): 8:19am On Dec 15, 2013
Done with my first Degree and just decided to do my another degree course.
Turkey has always been on my mind and I wouldn't mind studying there.
Do anyone have any idea on their students visa requirements and when I can apply or even schools that are a bit cheaper, how to go about their scholarships.
Please any personal experience will really be appreciated.
Contributions please.
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by wip7: 10:33am On Dec 15, 2013
elleven45: Done with my first Degree and just decided to do my another degree course.
Turkey has always been on my mind and I wouldn't mind studying there.
Do anyone have any idea on their students visa requirements and when I can apply or even schools that are a bit cheaper, how to go about their scholarships.
Please any personal experience will really be appreciated.
Contributions please.

The cheaper universities are the state institutions (e.g Bogazci, METU, Sabanci, Mamara, ITU, Fatihi universities). These state universities are highly ranked and funded by the Government. The little challenge is most of the programs are conducted with Turkish Language while some of the universities have good numbers of English medium programs (METU, Bogazci etc). To gain admission into the state universities as a foreign applicant, you will need to conform and pass the eligible scores to some exams such as SAT, TOEFL (for undergraduate) and GRE/GMAT, ALES (for graduate applicants). The state universities fees ranges between 1000-1500usd per semester and with minimal accommodation fees depending on region. The Living expenses in Turkey is comparably low to most European and American countries but quite higher than African countries.

Turkey is an industrialized nation with bunch of industries located around her cities...so is termed a good business zone. Jobs may be quite scarce for individual with lack of Turkish language or culturally different compared to those that are competent. Also, minimum wages are quite low compared to European and American countries but by far higher than African countries. Typical illustration; A laborer (unskilled) earns 50-60TL per day, skilled craftmen (80-90 TL), Police 1300-1400TL and teacher 2000-5000Tl depends on positions and qualifications although this may commensurate with the living expenses.

They ve got rich and Mediterranean style of cuisines, food and vegetables and one of the most popular most-eat is Kebab and Ayran...although most claimed Islam as their religion with quite large number of historical mosques but their living style may not reflect this claim. The country immigration law is simple and strict, most have traveled to Turkey in search of green pasture but the pasture sometimes are not always green and they have ended up in long jail house. Without Turkish tax number or legal residence permit, most transactions will be difficult.

The visa procedure for the Turkish Universities can be found on Any Turkish embassy website close to the applicant locations and the procedure are well written for easy understanding. To apply to the Universities, it will do you good to visit the university website for deadlines, application requirements and procedure and you can inquire about the scholarship from the university international center or office related to this.

Am quite sure this will help and wish you luck in your quest!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by elleven45(m): 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
Wow that's a "good" info and I think that summons it all.
If I may ask do you have an agency maybe I can apply through you?
Or any of your contacts to get in touch.
wip7:

The cheaper universities are the state institutions (e.g Bogazci, METU, Sabanci, Mamara, ITU, Fatihi universities). These state universities are highly ranked and funded by the Government. The little challenge is most of the programs are conducted with Turkish Language while some of the universities have good numbers of English medium programs (METU, Bogazci etc). To gain admission into the state universities as a foreign applicant, you will need to conform and pass the eligible scores to some exams such as SAT, TOEFL (for undergraduate) and GRE/GMAT, ALES (for graduate applicants). The state universities fees ranges between 1000-1500usd per semester and with minimal accommodation fees depending on region. The Living expenses in Turkey is comparably low to most European and American countries but quite higher than African countries.

Turkey is an industrialized nation with bunch of industries located around her cities...so is termed a good business zone. Jobs may be quite scarce for individual with lack of Turkish language or culturally different compared to those that are competent. Also, minimum wages are quite low compared to European and American countries but by far higher than African countries. Typical illustration; A laborer (unskilled) earns 50-60TL per day, skilled craftmen (80-90 TL), Police 1300-1400TL and teacher 2000-5000Tl depends on positions and qualifications although this may commensurate with the living expenses.

They ve got rich and Mediterranean style of cuisines, food and vegetables and one of the most popular most-eat is Kebab and Ayran...although most claimed Islam as their religion with quite large number of historical mosques but their living style may not reflect this claim. The country immigration law is simple and strict, most have traveled to Turkey in search of green pasture but the pasture sometimes are not always green and they have ended up in long jail house. Without Turkish tax number or legal residence permit, most transactions will be difficult.

The visa procedure for the Turkish Universities can be found on Any Turkish embassy website close to the applicant locations and the procedure are well written for easy understanding. To apply to the Universities, it will do you good to visit the university website for deadlines, application requirements and procedure and you can inquire about the scholarship from the university international center or office related to this.

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by elleven45(m): 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
Thanks very much for that information.

1 Like

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by wip7: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
elleven45: Wow that's a "good" info and I think that summons it all.
If I may ask do you have an agency maybe I can apply through you?
Or any of your contacts to get in touch.

Kindly read the bold part well below:

wip7:

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
wip7:

Kindly read the bold part well below:

Thank you for that part in red. Much respect.
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by wip7: 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
justwise:

Thank you for that part in red. Much respect.

Its a pleasure Boss
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
Since it's Turkey, why not study Poultry Science?

8 Likes

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
Plz how can u help..
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by hideout: 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2013
lolz
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by Olugbenger(m): 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
nnafather: Since it's Turkey, why not study Poultry Science?

Since you are stupid, why did you comment? undecided

8 Likes

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by kraftyiyk: 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
[quote author=nnafather]Since it's Turkey, why not study Poultry Science? ...brother every issue is not meant to be joked with, some peeps come out here to get updated on serious issues, stop derailing meaningful post.

1 Like

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by vislabraye(m): 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2013
It depends on what U read @ op. What's ur first degree ? I've never known so much about Turkey.
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by Tundenoni(m): 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
wawa of the century!
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by leggo: 1:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
food and nutrition?
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by dryakson(m): 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
No idea but my prayer count
May God see you through Amin

1 Like

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by greatestluv4all: 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2013
You should have a course in mind before now.

abi why be say na we go decide your future for you?
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by billydragon: 1:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
grin
lmao!!! grin
lmao!!!

1 Like

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by tjdj: 1:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
Go and study how to make fried "Turkey" and suya.....lol
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by GentleFrank(m): 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2013
Good !
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by Lilimax(f): 1:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
grin
Must you comment?
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by Richy4(m): 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
Are you sure you are capable of staying in a country that does not use English as an official language?

After studying, are you gonna go back to Nigeria or stay there? all these are what you have to put into consideration before you Pick up your bag. do not go there because like the sound of the name.

1 Like

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by 9jagoodman: 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
Please can someone give more details about first degree studies in Turkey?
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by osram(m): 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
wip7:

ALL NA WASH JOR
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by ochallo: 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
It still really bothers me why anyone would want to go and study in a non-english speaking country with a different culture. WHere it would be difficult to communicate with cab drivers, tomato sellers pretty much everybody without a sophisticated education. Even India that claims to be an english speaking country is plagued with that nasty sounding language called Hindi (especially in the north), i can only imagine what a country that doesn't speak english at all would be like.Even the so called teachers in this turkish universities would not be fluent in English and would speak it breaking all the laws of syntax and grammar till it becomes totally meaningless. Nigerians would just pack their things and just go anywhere. If you must travel, go to Ghana, south africa.

Plus the poster doesn't even know what to study, why are you gambling with your destiny,SMH

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Engulfs A Car In Lagos - Photos / Please I Really Need A Working Visa To Kuwait,oman,bahrian / Ten Differences Between Ghana And Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.