Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,800 members, 7,806,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... (1148 Views)

Nigerian Pastor Bar Robbers, Prostitutes, Kidnappers From Giving Offerings,tithe / TB Joshua’s Daughter Called To Bar (Photo) / Does God Still Talk To People Like He Used To In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... by Jeffy1206(m): 11:49am On Dec 15, 2013
It’s common knowledge that St. Peter guards the
pearly gates. But what many people might not
know is Pope Francis used to guard the door at a
bar in Argentina.
That’s right: Pope Francis used to be a bar
bouncer.
The 76-year-old pontiff disclosed his previous
vocation in a parish visit to the church of San
Cirillo Alessandrino in a working-class
neighborhood on the outskirts of Rome on Sunday,
the Catholic News Service reported.
The nugget from Francis’ past, when he used to be
known as Jorge Mario Bergoglio, was disclosed
during a four-hour conversation, in which the pope
also mentioned he used to sweep floors and run
tests in a chemical laboratory as a teenager.
The anecdote is yet another example of Francis’
growing reputation as a “pope of the people.”
Since ascending to the papacy in March, Francis
has eschewed such trappings as the Popemobile,
washed the feet of prisoners and has shown a
penchant for showing up unannounced wherever
the faithful gather.
Last month, photos of Francis cradling and kissing
the head of a man covered with tumors went viral,
providing a powerful image of a pope dedicated to
helping the poor.
In turn, Francis’ popularity has sparked renewed
interest in the church. A recent survey by
sociologist Massimo Introvigne of Catholic clergy
in Italy noted an increase in the numbers attending
Mass and confession since Francis’ election. In
Italy alone, more than 100,000 are “returning,”
often after decades of non-attendance.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/12/03/pope-francis-reveals-used-to-work-as-bouncer/

Re: Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... by Jeffy1206(m): 11:55am On Dec 15, 2013
He is really a pope of the people... I just love his simplicity and his love and compassion towards humanity cool
Re: Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 15, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
I just love his humility n simplicity,,,ah wish nigerian pastors can emulate him

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
Catholic till I die . cool

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... by POPEII: 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
lynpetra: Catholic till I die . cool
that's the spirit

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... by POPEII: 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
Elantracey: I just love his humility n simplicity,,,ah wish nigerian pastors can emulate him
mission impossible
Re: Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
POPE II: mission impossible
lol....some of then re just dat u dont know it
Re: Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... by Jeffy1206(m): 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
POPE II: mission impossible
As their eyes shocked shine for money like this!!
Re: Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... by Jeffy1206(m): 12:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ehhm!! Mods can you wish me happy Sunday by moving this to front page? cheesy wink
Re: Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... by POPEII: 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
Jeffy1206: As their eyes shocked shine for money like this!!
ma belle oo
Re: Pope Francis Reveal, He Used To Be A Bar Bouncer... by POPEII: 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
Elantracey: lol....some of then re just dat u dont know it
forget about it

(1) (Reply)

Femi Aribisala: Pastors Are Jesus Killers / Church Says Ebola Is A Demonic Disease!!see Picture / Happy Birthday Rev. Chris Oyakhilome Phd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.