Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Ladies, What Would You Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, What Would You Do? (2692 Views)

Ladies: What Is The Greatest Lie A Guy Has Ever Told You? / Ladies What Will You Do If A Man Intentionally Touch Your Bosom In A Bus. / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
So, I feel lyk creating a topic this afternoon and I was just thinking about a scenario where you get to meet a guy who is all sweet and nice, maybe not too handsome but you both like each other. The problem now is that he doesn't speak good English grin You know something like 'I came to check you tomorrow'. Unfortunately, he's the type that likes to express himself anywhere, everywhere and people even laugh at him in your presence angry You try to teach but it's like he can't even grab too much as he's used to it already. Anytime you try to talk to him about it, he feels really bad no matter how nice you try to paint the situation, so, you decide not to talk about it again, so as not to keep spoiling his mood!
So, what would you do in this situation? sad sad
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by jaybee3(m): 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Do you understand him when he speaks to you?

Are you the type that cares about other people's perception?

If you love him then help him get better

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Enegod(m): 6:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
"Show Me Your Friends and I Can
Tell Who You Are"
is like you have cocoanut head that's why you keep on attracting men with cocoanut heads undecided
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
If he's confident of himself and his uncontrollable blunder, then I'm cool with that. At least he has a very high self esteem. I wouldn't necessarily feel embarassed about this when we're around people or in public, infact, it'll all be funny moments for us... that's if he's worth my love and timecheesy
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Enegod: "Show Me Your Friends and I Can
Tell Who You Are"
is like you have cocoanut head that's why you keep on attracting men with cocoanut heads undecided

Sharrap angry
People should not totally assume that this is entirely about me, please!
I'll rather we just discuss generally, more like an hypothetical situation! smiley
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by shizzle11(m): 6:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Are you sure you are "just thinking about a scenario" or this is a dilemma you presently find yourself in?. Be sincere tongue
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by shizzle11(m): 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
alutacontinua:

Sharrap angry
I'll rather we just discuss generally, more like an hypothetical situation! smiley

We understand wink
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
shizzle11: Are you sure you are "just thinking about a scenario" or this is a dilemma you presently find yourself in?. Be sincere tongue

Ok, the truth is I ONCE FOUND myself in the situation sometimes ago!
But I dealt with it. smiley smiley

So, now, can we discuss? tongue cool

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
Stånd:

Tell us how you dealt with it.

U sef! angry angry embarassed

Ok, some other things were not in place, so, i took a walk! smiley
But it wasn't about the grammar, I was ready to bear that, even though it was a bit challenging, it's really not cool when your guy talks and people start tapping one another and laffing angry angry angry angry
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Enegod(m): 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
Stånd:

Are you the man? What is cocoanut?
cocoanut is coconut undecided
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Enegod(m): 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
alutacontinua:

Sharrap angry
undecided undecided
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by pweetixandy: 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
i dnt even give such pple d chance..
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by jaybee3(m): 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
pweetixandy: i dnt even give such pple d chance..
Smh @ "such people"
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
alutacontinua:

But it wasn't about the grammar, I was ready to bear that, even though it was a bit challenging, it's really not cool when your guy talks and people start tapping one another and laffing angry angry angry angry
What is really uncool is being around people without self worth.
If those people visited other Anglophone countries, they'd find out that not every graduate speak English language let alone fluent English. Even in London, Australia, N/zealand, Wales, Scotland, et al, where English is the first language, half their population still dont speak perfect English let alone constructing perfect grammar in fluent Englishgrin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by shizzle11(m): 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
alutacontinua:

Ok, the truth is I ONCE FOUND myself in the situation sometimes ago!
But I dealt with it. smiley smiley

So, now, can we discuss? tongue cool
I like the bolded smiley
If that was the only the 'turn off' about him, you can put up with it, bearing in mind that man was not created in perfection. Unless of course there are other aspects of his personality that do not suit you fine.

alutacontinua:

K. Just what I was talking about. In that case, you did your best to accept him.

@ bolded gringringrin
It can be very embarrassing
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by shizzle11(m): 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
pweetixandy: i dnt even give such pple d chance..
You forgot to add....unless he is very rich tongue
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Caracta(f): 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
I'm presently in this situation. The guy is a very good friend and just relocated to Nigeria few months ago. He wasn't really like this when he left so I wonder what happened.

He doesn't speak well but I've never laughed at him. If I don't understand his point, I would mention it and he would explain. He talks a lot, I point out few corrections jokingly and we are cool. He is intelligent, kind and fun to be with. Why throw all that away because of his bad English? He is improving and calls me his EP (Error Pointer). cheesy
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by shizzle11(m): 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
dp
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by shizzle11(m): 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Caracta: I'm presently in this situation. The guy is a very good friend and just relocated to Nigeria few months ago. He wasn't really like this when he left so I wonder what happened.

He doesn't speak well but I've never laughed at him. If I don't understand his point, I would mention it and he would explain. He talks a lot, I point out few corrections jokingly and we are cool. He is intelligent, kind and fun to be with. Why throw all that away because of his bad English? He is improving and calls me his EP (Error Pointer). cheesy

Lol @ Error Pointer.... good to know you two are coping well grin

But that wasn't the only reason why she 'threw everything away'. Maybe you missed this
alutacontinua:
OK, some other things were not in place, so, i took a walk!
But it wasn't about the grammar, I was ready to bear that
tongue
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Caracta: I'm presently in this situation. The guy is a very good friend and just relocated to Nigeria few months ago. He wasn't really like this when he left so I wonder what happened.

Do you guys ever have to be with other people, like your friends or something.
How do you handle the situation?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2013

grin The bolded is nobody's fault. This is exactly what happens when you go to a country like Germany for instance, you might have been a champion in English language in Nigeria, but you find yourself in a country where English language is more or less, totally useless. Since English isn't my first language, a generous part of it fizzled away... though I'm still very good at it anyways.
So, trying to be as good as the Queen in English speaking isn't something that people with understanding find attractive most times. What's with this dying language and Nigerians sef?cheesy
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Caracta(f): 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
alutacontinua:

Do you guys ever have to be with other people, like your friends or something.
How do you handle the situation?
He has this kind of confidence I don't understand. Our friends laugh and he'll be like, "Idiots, you only speak English, I speak 4 foreign languages and you are laughing at my errors." He is a sanguine. You just can't help but like him. He has a funny accent too. I was at a wedding with him recently and he was invited for the toast, come and see English cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
Caracta:
He has this kind of confidence I don't understand. Our friends laugh and he'll be like, "Idiots, you only speak English, I speak 4 foreign languages and you are laughing at my errors." He is a sanguine. You just can't help but like him. He has a funny accent too. I was at a wedding with him recently and he was invited for the toast, come and see English cheesy

Na dt kain public own dey pain pass sad
Mine used to have to give speeches too nd i'll even take my tym to write it down and type it for him, na so he go just get der dey talk d tin from his head dey scatter floor angry
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by missdebs(f): 7:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
no 1 knws 2mao,c our mama peace n jona nw....d fact dt he/she has sme flaws nw, dont mean destiny doesnt hv a plan 4 hm...just hlp hm(politely), wn he flops wt hs anglais
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Caracta(f): 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01:
grin The bolded is nobody's fault. This is exactly what happens when you go to a country like Germany for instance, you might have been a champion in English language in Nigeria, but you find yourself in a country where English language is more or less, totally useless. Since English isn't my first language, a generous part of it fizzled away...

You are right. I used to be bothered about such things before but I've come to realize that people are different and have had different experiences.

If you don't like the person, you'd be embarrassed many times. But if you do, it gets to a point that you really don't care.

But sha, it's good to speak well cheesy Some guys speak so well that you can't help but smile at the movement of their lips.
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Caracta(f): 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
alutacontinua:

Mine used to have to give speeches too nd i'll even take my tym to write it down and type it for him, na so he go just get der dey talk d tin from his head dey scatter floor angry

Hahahaha. I can imagine.
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Caracta(f): 7:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
shizzle11:

Lol @ Error Pointer.... good to know you two are coping well grin

But that wasn't the only reason why she 'threw everything away'. Maybe you missed this

tongue

Lol...I get your point. I wasn't even referring to her experience. Just saying you can't "throw" away a good person or good qualities because of bad English.
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by shizzle11(m): 7:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
alutacontinua:

gringringrin
Re: Ladies, What Would You Do? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
shizzle11:
gringringrin

I will not lie, sometimes, i laff too angry angry embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Story And I Hope Someone Learns From This / The Only Girl I Love Is In R/P. What Do I Do? / Ibadan Sex Hook Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.