Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,307 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. (13929 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike Update: ASUU’s NEC Meeting To Hold After 7 Days Mouring Of Iyayi / ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
The stage is set for the striking Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to call off the over five month old strike as the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the union holds a crucial in Minna today (Monday) to rectify the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed with the federal government.

The meeting which is being hosted by Federal University of Technology (FUT) Minna branch of the union was in fulfillment of the one week promised by ASUU President, Dr. Nasir Isa Fagge last Wednesday after the signing of the MoU with the federal government that members will meet to decide to call off the strike.

Like the last ASUU NEC meeting in Kano that was shrouded in high secrecy, the venue of today’s meeting is kept to only members of NEC, as the meeting may not be holding in either Bosso or Gida Kwano campuses of the University.

The agenda of the NEC meeting was also not made public, but a source within the union said that the meeting will among other things consider the MoU, the leadership will present documents to show government’s commitment, assess the impact of the industrial action and map out strategies on how to monitor and ensure implementation of the documented agreement.

A NEC member who spoke with our correspondent in confidence said, “we are here essentially to look into the MoU as ASUU President promised last Wednesday that members will review the development and decide to call off the strike. The meeting will also fashion out strategies for monitoring the implementation of the MoU”.

Asked if the meeting will be calling off the strike, our source said, “I may not be able to answer that but my thinking which is personal is that, if our leaders could sign the MoU with government last week, I think we are close to a truce”.

ASUU President had on Wednesday also gave hint of possible cessation of the action. According to Fagge after signing the MoU, “Within one week our members will meet and decide to call off the strike. We have a document here which shows that government is committed and all the things we demanded are in the letter.

“We will now take this document to our members and we are confident that our members will do the appropriate thing”.
Efforts to reach ASUU President and the FUT Minna branch chairperson, Dr. Abdulfatai Jimoh failed. None of them could be reached for comment, but as at the time of filling the report yesterday about 30 members of the NEC were already in Minna for the meeting.

Federal government on Wednesday shifted from its hardline to sign an MoU at a meeting brokered by Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) to implement decision reached with President Goodluck Jonathan during the historic 15 hour meeting with the union leaders.

Lecturers in all publicly owned universities embarked on an indefinite strike on the 2nd of July, following the refusal of federal government to fulfill the 2009 agreement it had with the union and non-implementation of 2012 Mou.

The action that was climaxed when federal government gave a December 4 ultimatum for the striking teachers to return to classrooms or face mass sack.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ASUU-exco-meets-niger-monday/
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by bymigokeph: 7:51pm On Dec 15, 2013
1st of all is it today sunday or tomoro monday. op abeg

2 Likes

Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by dryakson(m): 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
Good.
The
students have wasted a
year anyway. I am
assuming the government
has paid based on reports
but ASUU cannot meet yet
as they are still in
mourning. This is 5 weeks
after concluding
negotiations and 1weak after signing the MoU .
Common, you
could easily call all the NEC
members on phone and ask
for views to reach a
conclusion.
There God, I pray for safe, peace and successful journey to all the ASUU representatives to Minna. Don't want to hear 3 weeks mourning again.
Nagode

3 Likes

Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by jeamie(m): 9:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
Daniyemi:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ASUU-exco-meets-niger-monday/
I pray et goes well..wanna do sumtin bad nw..
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by iphoneloaded(m): 9:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
January things cheesy

Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Raymondfayowole(m): 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Sike(m): 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ok. Noted
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Sodiq33(m): 9:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
SPACE BOOKED...,
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by faradexs09(m): 9:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hands crossed
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by budusky05(m): 9:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Abeg dem never call off the strike?
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Kenneth205(m): 9:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hmmm... Add me on BBM:- 21C9268F
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Sard(m): 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
Abeg wetin concern bus conductor with aeroplane... make i bath before going to bed tonight jare!

1 Like

Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by bionicdude(m): 9:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
weda na nec or neco meeting'all I know is dat I am resuming january with or without ASUU grin
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by donphilopus: 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
Noted! I'll work on it, later
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
why not wait till january d year is gone olready.
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Afrok(m): 9:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
comment reserved coz it's like d op or d source is calling Monday wen today is sunday.
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by jeamie(m): 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kenneth205: Hmmm... Add me on BBM:- 21C9268F
wetin be dis one..na only u go first use bb ni..every post dis z ma pin..make I give u ma grandma own ni..oloshi

2 Likes

Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by LMAyedun(m): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
Okay!!
They better call off and allow all schools hit-the-ground-running from Jan 2nd.

1 Like

Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by mazizitonene(m): 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
ASUU
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
Okay[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Dondave11: 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
I sense fabrication in this piece of writeup..
Anyway, Its all good.
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by kingjosephat(m): 9:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
I don even 4get my Matric Number
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by pelhurmy(m): 9:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
jeamie: wetin be dis one..na only u go first use bb ni..every post dis z ma pin..make I give u ma grandma own ni..oloshi
Plz, bear with him....I understand his condition!!!!
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by otunbalahrry(m): 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
The Strike shl be called off on monday bt skools shld resume january. Sikena
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by dejibimbo(m): 9:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
anytin ASUU use to generate trafic b4 o....e b lyk say pple no send again...*smh* *unfolosTred*
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by pelhurmy(m): 9:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
kingjosephat: I don even 4get my Matric Number
so who ask u?....lyk any1 cares...

2 Likes

Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Saraben(f): 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2013
personally I no send ASUU again..I just hope D's will b d last strike for d next century
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by pseudonomer: 9:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kenneth205: Hmmm... Add me on BBM:- 21C9268F

I can bet it, na curve 2 this guy just buy.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Isodice: 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Mtcheeeeeeeeewwww...

Who cares...

LOBISH PiPU!!!!
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
I wish dem safe journey as they travel to Minna! May they never encounter any Governor's convoy
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by khattab02: 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
bionicdude: weda na nec or neco meeting'all I know is dat I am resuming january with or without ASUU grin
Lol!
Re: ASUU/NEC Meets Today In Minna. by Big4wig(m): 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ndi osi..mtshww,if dis ASUU people always piss u off weneva u read anything about them,don't worry i av a good cure...JOKE..oya rush & read below

Akpos came home from work
last night and said to
his wife:: "I have been given a
huge promotion at
work which means I get my
own office and get to
employ my own private
secretary".
Wife "well please find an ugly
Private secretary ,who
doesn't have a personal
hygiene, smelly armpits and
dresses like an old woman, I
don't want you
choosing someone who you
are going to be tempted
to have an affair with".
"That's fair enough " Akpos
replied "when do you wanna
start "
Hit LIKE if u get it

#BIGWIGcheesycheesy

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Wives’ Revolt By J P Clark / What Made You So Popular In Secondary School? / Meet Professor Aliyu Shugaba, University Of Maiduguri New Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.