Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? (8751 Views)

What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon / Remains of an ancient dreadlocked woman Found On The Moon. / China To Build Power Station In The Moon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 8:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mr Troll: if I say I love you now, will it be weird?

@topic, my own is corruption first, then education.

Space program no be now. I'm doing my own bit to brighten my own corner. My objective is education the minds of the upcoming generation, i've given up on any adult above 40 in Nigeria. Etc

kiss
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Joshthefirst(m): 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Eternity is a paradox. Doesnr apply to living things.
death is also a paradox then. It doesn't apply to living things.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 8:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
I think God would agree with Logicboy, Mr. Troll, doraox, and others with like thoughts on the space program funding issue. IMO.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by MrTroll(m): 11:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
texanomaly: I think God would agree with Logicboy, Mr. Troll, doraox, and others with like thoughts on the space program funding issue. IMO.
you seem to know what God would like, find funny or reject. Have you researched on the SPAG theory by Mazaje?
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 12:10am On Dec 19, 2013
Mr Troll: you seem to know what God would like, find funny or reject. Have you researched on the SPAG theory by Mazaje?

No, but I get the feeling if I don't, you won't let up on me. I will check it out tonight okay?
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by MrTroll(m): 12:34am On Dec 19, 2013
texanomaly:

No, but I get the feeling if I don't you won't let up on me. I will check it out tonight okay?
grin grin
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 1:56am On Dec 19, 2013
Mr Troll: grin grin

Okay. Is this theory some kind of joke that doesn't exist? I looked on Mazaje's profile. I didn't fine it. I did a search. Nothing but people talking about it. Are you sending me on a snipe hunt here? If it exists, post a link please.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by MrTroll(m): 2:03am On Dec 19, 2013
texanomaly:

Okay. Is this theory some kind of joke that doesn't exist? I looked on Mazaje's profile. I didn't fine it. I did a search. Nothing but people talking about it. Are you sending me on a snipe hunt here? If it exists, post a link please.

You no sabi browse?

See it here
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 3:05am On Dec 19, 2013
Mr Troll:

You no sabi browse?

See it here

Yes I know how to browse. I did. Anyway, thank you for the link.

I would tell you why OLADEGBUU and Jesoul are both correct, but you would only say that I have simply SPAGed.
tongue cheesy
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by plaetton: 7:26am On Dec 19, 2013
Deep Sight:

@ Plaetton -

Well no sir, as far as we all know, Santa Claus is rather defined as with gifts down chimneys, a reindeer carriage, his red caps and overcoats, and the like.

Santa Claus, also known as Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas, Kris Kringle and simply "Santa", is a mythical figure with legendary, historical and folkloric origins who, in many Western cultures, is said to bring gifts to the homes of the good children on December 24, the night before Christmas. However, in some European countries children receive their presents on St. Nicholas' Day, December 6.[1] The modern figure of Santa Claus is derived from the Dutch figure of Sinterklaas, which, in turn, has part of its basis in hagiographical tales concerning the historical figure of Christian bishop and gift-giver Saint Nicholas. During the Christianization of Germanic Europe, this figure may have absorbed elements of the god Odin, who was associated with the Germanic pagan midwinter event of Yule and led the Wild Hunt, a ghostly procession through the sky. Over time, traits of this character and the British folklore character Father Christmas merged to form the modern Santa Claus known today.

Obviously I have not posted the extract above because you do not know it, you clearly do, and so does anyone else.

I have posted it simply wondering why when attributes such as self-existence, omnipotence and omniscience are mentioned by a Christian describing God, you would respond by saying that Santa Claus also has these properties. This shows one of four things: (1) you are cracking a joke (in which case you should not be taken seriously), or (2)you are trying to mock (in which case you should not be taken seriously) or (3)you genuinely believe that the ontology of Santa Claus is similar to the ontology of God as either is defined (in which case you should be pitied), or (4) you are trying to say that any attribute can be attributed to a mythical character (in which case you both avoid the fundamental question of existence and non-existence, as well as the fact that both "mythical" characters are well defined with specific "mythical" attributes. Just as surely as the "mythical Sango" is very well delineated from the "mythical Yemanja".)

The lesson of all my trouble on such a simple line from you is to request you to be serious when having existential discussions. Existentialism is a serious and grave area, and when discussed, should not be approached with light mocking jibes such as Santa Claus, or worse, FSM, Meatballs (as I saw you say in another thread) and such other empty and useless mockery - which actually serves to mock the mocker himself more than anything else.

Mr dear friend,
You grossly underestimate the power of mockery.
But if you read my posts very well, you should notice that I do not mock just for the fun of it.
For, lo and behold, Within my mocking works are embedded deep questions and lessons on existentialism.

There is no reason why I should have to define my worldview on your terms, or your preferred nomenclature, since, we all know, that I could never be a match for your loquacious bombasity. grin

You seem to design and create your universe with fancy words, and I dismantle your creation with meatballs and Santa Claus .
So, what's the big deal? lol

All I am saying is that if your proposition is right that an agent outside of the universe was the first caused of the big bang, then fine. Just be open minded enough to consider that it could have been anything, including and most likely a spaghetti meatball.
If you dispute that, then be prepared to show proof that it was not a meatball that caused the big bang.

1 Like

Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 19, 2013
Lmfao.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by plaetton: 8:13am On Dec 19, 2013
Deep Sight:

@ Plaetton -

Well no sir, as far as we all know, Santa Claus is rather defined as with gifts down chimneys, a reindeer carriage, his red caps and overcoats, and the like.

Santa Claus, also known as Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas, Kris Kringle and simply "Santa", is a mythical figure with legendary, historical and folkloric origins who, in many Western cultures, is said to bring gifts to the homes of the good children on December 24, the night before Christmas. However, in some European countries children receive their presents on St. Nicholas' Day, December 6.[1] The modern figure of Santa Claus is derived from the Dutch figure of Sinterklaas, which, in turn, has part of its basis in hagiographical tales concerning the historical figure of Christian bishop and gift-giver Saint Nicholas. During the Christianization of Germanic Europe, this figure may have absorbed elements of the god Odin, who was associated with the Germanic pagan midwinter event of Yule and led the Wild Hunt, a ghostly procession through the sky. Over time, traits of this character and the British folklore character Father Christmas merged to form the modern Santa Claus known today.

Obviously I have not posted the extract above because you do not know it, you clearly do, and so does anyone else.

I have posted it simply wondering why when attributes such as self-existence, omnipotence and omniscience are mentioned by a Christian describing God, you would respond by saying that Santa Claus also has these properties. This shows one of four things: (1) you are cracking a joke (in which case you should not be taken seriously), or (2)you are trying to mock (in which case you should not be taken seriously) or (3)you genuinely believe that the ontology of Santa Claus is similar to the ontology of God as either is defined (in which case you should be pitied), or (4) you are trying to say that any attribute can be attributed to a mythical character (in which case you both avoid the fundamental question of existence and non-existence, as well as the fact that both "mythical" characters are well defined with specific "mythical" attributes. Just as surely as the "mythical Sango" is very well delineated from the "mythical Yemanja".)

The lesson of all my trouble on such a simple line from you is to request you to be serious when having existential discussions. Existentialism is a serious and grave area, and when discussed, should not be approached with light mocking jibes such as Santa Claus, or worse, FSM, Meatballs (as I saw you say in another thread) and such other empty and useless mockery - which actually serves to mock the mocker himself more than anything else.

And thank you for the history lesson on the origin and evolution of Santa Claus.
I hope it did not escape your brilliant mind, the glaring lesson embedded in the Santa Claus story, Vis a vis, How the tales an individual that may or may not have lived, evolved over time, became conflated with mythical gods, mythical god-like attributes, and then became accepted as real by the feeble-minded and child-like multitudes.

So, rightly said, the evolution of Santa Claus mirror the evolution of God, all gods and all mythical figures.

Aside from the fact that one set is for adults and the other set is for children, what is the difference?

The bible says that " a fool sayeth in his heart there is no God".
But also, " A fool sayeth in his heart there is no Santa Claus".
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by DeepSight(m): 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
^^^ Oh my Lawd. I really expected much better.

Quit hanging around Mr. Troll and LB. It's really telling on you.

Help yourself -

(4) you are trying to say that any attribute can be attributed to a mythical character (in which case you both avoid the fundamental question of existence and non-existence, as well as the fact that both "mythical" characters are well defined with specific "mythical" attributes. Just as surely as the "mythical Sango" is very well delineated from the "mythical Yemanja".)

Oh, and pay attention to the bold.

Santa, Sango, Zeus, Allah, Yahweh and Yemanja, regardless: the question in bold remains for eternity.

That question, is what is to be discussed, and not trivia such as the attributes of Santa.

BTW: Just a note: you will never convince any serious person that you are even remotely serious if you carry on with your tattle about meatballs, flying spaghetti monsters, and the like. Frankly, seriously, and with every respect: they are the most puerile, juvenile non-starters, and only communicate to your co-discussant that you are not ready for anything serious or worthwhile.

Like - seriously.

You are however, of course free to turn yourself into LB or Mr. Troll. A sad loss of a fine mind it would be, but stranger things have been known to happen.

GET SERIOUS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by plaetton: 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
^^^
C'mon Depardo, lol, look around this forum and tell me who is here to contemplate the deeper meanings of existence.

Is it the tithe tithe merchants, the trinitarians( buy one god and get two free) , the apocalyptics, the prophets, the hell returnees or the rapture-ready( waiting for spaceship Jesus) ?

Stop kidding yourself. This is the religilous section, where important questions about demonic possessions, demonic text messages, the money-loving devourers, and angry gods take front page.

No one here cares about your deeper existential questions.
That is too hard, like calculus.

Besides, the bible has long settled that issue for homo religilous.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Ranchhoddas: 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
plaetton: ^^^
C'mon Depardo, lol, look around this forum and tell me who is here to contemplate the deeper meanings of existence.

Is it the tithe tithe merchants, the trinitarians, the apocalyptics, the prophets, the hell returnees or the rapture-ready?

Stop kidding yourself. This is the religilous section, where important questions about demonic possessions, demonic text messages, the money-loving devourers, and angry gods tape front page.

That is too hard like calculus.
lol at hell returnees,though i still insist that we do not need a space program,as one poster rightly said 'we do not want 'nigerian astronauts' falling from space' or even from the moon if nepa decides to do their thing'.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by plaetton: 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ranchhoddas: lol at hell returnees,though i still insist that we do not need a space program,as one poster rightly said 'we do not want 'nigerian astronauts' falling from space' or even from the moon if nepa decides to do their thing'.
Lol
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by DeepSight(m): 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
plaetton: ^^^

Is it the tithe tithe merchants, the trinitarians( buy one god and get two free) , the apocalyptics, the prophets, the hell returnees or the rapture-ready?

Stop kidding yourself. This is the religilous section, where important questions about demonic possessions, demonic text messages, the money-loving devourers, and angry gods tape front page.

That is too hard like calculus.

Hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This actually got me laughing out loud like some lunatic in my office!

Nice one!
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by plaetton: 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
Back to the Topic.

To many of you, let me say that a Space Program does not carry an opportunity cost.
Aside from being a magnet for innovative thinking, it fosters and ignites the infinite potentials of the human imagination.

This may sound funny, but it is exactly the kind of social re-engineering that our country needs, a country most of you know, that is presently populated by potential geniuses who have been sold the bogey that the earth and the life on earth are useless, and who daily look onto the sky for a magical/spiritual spaceship to beam them into an unknown place in the sky.

A space program with a dream would certainly give Nigerians, not all, but the young, undoubtably the most important Nigerians, a chance to dream, to imagine, to calibrate their thoughts and minds towards an exciting and adventurous future of possibilities.

To say that this or that should be our priority is lazy.

For 52 yrs , Nigeria has had all the money and all the opportunity to defeat poverty and ignorance, and there is no guarantee that we might ever make a reasonable headway in the near future.
whilst we continue to vigorously fight that particular fight, we must also push on other fronts.

I repeat, USA, Russia, the EU and other newly minted space faring nations are not going to space to take pictures.
They are laying the foundations for the next frontiers of human existence.

The sooner we realize this , the sooner we wake up and carve our own destiny, otherwise, we will remain the left-behind people, and it's going to be De Ja Vu all over again. undecided
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by dorox(m): 11:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
plaetton: Back to the Topic.

To many of you, let me say that a Space Program does not carry an opportunity cost.
Aside from being a magnet for innovative thinking, it fosters and ignites the infinite potentials of the human imagination.

This may sound funny, but it is exactly the kind of social re-engineering that our country needs, a country most of you know, that is presently populated by potential geniuses who have been sold the bogey that the earth and the life on earth are useless, and who daily look onto the sky for a magical/spiritual spaceship to beam them into an unknown place in the sky.

A space program with a dream would certainly give Nigerians, not all, but the young, undoubtably the most important Nigerians, a chance to dream, to imagine, to calibrate their thoughts and minds towards an exciting and adventurous future of possibilities.

To say that this or that should be our priority is lazy.

For 52 yrs , Nigeria has had all the money and all the opportunity to defeat poverty and ignorance, and there is no guarantee that we might ever make a reasonable headway in the near future.
whilst we continue to vigorously fight that particular fight, we must also push on other fronts.

I repeat, USA, Russia, the EU and other newly minted space faring nations are not going to space to take pictures.
They are laying the foundations for the next frontiers of human existence.

The sooner we realize this , the sooner we wake up and carve our own destiny, otherwise, we will remain the left-behind people, and it's going to be De Ja Vu all over again. undecided
What you just said is wishful thinking. You seem to be ignoring the problem of corruption that has been the bane of Nigeria's existence. There is not a parastatal in Nigeria that is not a conduit for siphoning public funds,adding a government run space program to the list of government parastatals would just be viewed by those in charge as one more way to reward themselves.
Unlike NEPA, Water Board, Ministry of Works, etc which offer tangible services that are critical to the welfare of the majority of Nigerians, a space program offers no tangible service neither is it critical to the welfare of the general population. So if you consider NEPA and co to have failed despite the pressure from the public to improve, what makes you think that a space program would fare better with no pressure from the public and no way of judging its performance? The fact that it is for science does not exclude it from the Nigerian factor.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by MrTroll(m): 8:15am On Dec 20, 2013
texanomaly:

Yes I know how to browse. I did. Anyway, thank you for the link.

I would tell you why OLADEGBUU and Jesoul are both correct, but you would only say that I have simply SPAGed.
tongue cheesy
do you know why I told you to find out about it?
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by MrTroll(m): 8:41am On Dec 20, 2013
@plaetton, if we don't address the issue of corruption, everything we do, especially ones that involve a lot of money will be like pouring water inside a basket.

Also, we need to have a coherent vision and purpose in Nigeria. Do we have a Nigerian dream?
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 20, 2013
Mr Troll: @plaetton, if we don't address the issue of corruption, everything we do, especially ones that involve a lot of money will be like pouring water inside a basket.

Also, we need to have a coherent vision and purpose in Nigeria. Do we have a Nigerian dream?
If we keep using corruption as an excuse, then we can as well shut down the nation.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 20, 2013
aManFromMars:
If we keep using corruption as an excuse, then we can as well shut down the nation.

Failed argument.

Proper argument;
If we keep using corruption as an excuse, then we should stop the corruption first!!! wink
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 8:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
Mr Troll: do you know why I told you to find out about it?

Tell me please.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 8:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
Mr Troll: @plaetton, if we don't address the issue of corruption, everything we do, especially ones that involve a lot of money will be like pouring water inside a basket.

Together-One-Mighty wink grin
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 8:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
aManFromMars:

So stop using it as an excuse. What can be done? Don't give me "nothing"!! There is always something.
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 8:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Failed argument.

Proper argument;
If we keep using corruption as an excuse, then we should stop the corruption first!!! wink

Hello?
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 21, 2013
texanomaly:

Hello?

.....is it me you're looking for?
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

.....is it me you're looking for?

I can see it in your eyes...
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 21, 2013
^^^
Let's see if Texanomaly gets the joke
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
Logicboy03: ^^^

I DOUBT cheesy
Re: China Land's On The Moon. Does Nigeria Need Need A Space Program? by texanomaly(f): 10:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
Logicboy03: ^^^

Music is my life babe. Did you really think I wouldn't get it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=62XB9IbMnxQ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Miniature 'human Brain' Grown In Lab / The World Will Not End In 2012 - NASA / World Largest Snake (55ft) -picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.