Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. (1861 Views)

Lady Looking For A Husband For Her Mother On Twitter / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / What Is The Best Thing To Do When Your Newly Married Wife Says No To You On Bed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by busar(m): 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
Dear mom,
Like every normal girl, I was excited about
marriage right from my childhood days. I never
thought beyond the time that I would spend
happily with my prince charming. But today when
I am married, I realize that marriage is not all
roses. It’s not just about being with your
beloved and having a gala time. There is so
much more to it.
It comes with its own share of responsibilities,
duties, sacrifices and compromises. I can’t wake
up anytime I want to. I am expected to be up
and ready before everyone else in the family. I
can’t laze around in my pyjamas throughout the
day.
I am expected to be presentable every time. I
can’t just go out anytime I want to. I am
expected to be sensitive to the needs of the
family. I just can’t hit the bed anytime I want to.
I am expected to be active and around the
family. I can’t expect to be treated like a
princess but am supposed to take care of
everyone else in the family. And then I think to
myself, ‘why did I get married at all?’
I was happier with you, mom. Sometimes I think
of coming back to you and getting pampered
again. I want to come home to my favorite food
cooked by you every evening after a nice outing
with friends. I want to sleep on your laps like I
have no worry in this world.
But then I suddenly realize, had you not got
married and made such sacrifices in your life, I
wouldn’t have had so many wonderful memories
to hang on to. And suddenly, the purpose of all
this becomes clear- to return the same comfort,
peace and happiness to my new family that I got
from you. And I am sure that as time would pass,
I would start loving this life equally as you do.
Thank you mom for all the sacrifices and
compromises you made. They give me the
strength to do the same.
Gotten from Facebookqoute.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by busar(m): 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
Did you also feel this way when you first got married?
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by Harmvirus(f): 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hm. The write up is nice and touching.. I never marry so I can't say much
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by busar(m): 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
Harmvirus: Hm. The write up is nice and touching.. I never marry so I can't say much
Just be prepared!
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
Poor girl.

Suffering and smiling.
Her suffer plenty small Sha. Make she no old quick oh.

Me I dey nairaland dey chat. Hehehe...

1 Like

Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by Harmvirus(f): 10:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
busar: Just be prepared!
Lol.. I don hear grin
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by busar(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce: Poor girl.

Suffering and smiling.

Actually,that was her first experience to marriage life. Are you married to nairaland?
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
busar: Actually,that was her first experience to marriage life. Are you married to nairaland?

Yes I am kiss

1 Like

Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by busar(m): 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
Harmvirus:
Lol.. I don hear grin
better cheesy
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by tpia5: 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
people who are not married also do all those things.

job requirements?

there is no mention of a child so i guess the op forgot to factor that in.
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by busar(m): 11:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
tpia@:
people who are not married also do all those things.

job requirements?

there is no mention of a child so i guess the op forgot to factor that in.
as in?
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce: Poor girl.

Suffering and smiling.

lol.which kain boring life be that one.anyway,na im be say my life sweet gan o.abeg i am buying into kanwulias idea of her privacy and space.

Hiaaannn.enjoy the mrs cross and carry am well
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce:

Yes I am kiss

chillisauce you will not kill me gringringrin
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eyaah fah!
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by tpia5: 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
busar: as in?

if you're not married wont you still do all these:

I am expected to be up and ready before everyone else in the family. I can’t laze around in my pyjamas throughout the day.

I am expected to be presentable every time. I can’t just go out anytime I want to. I am expected to be sensitive to the needs of the family. I just can’t hit the bed anytime I want to.

I am expected to be active and around the family. I can’t expect to be treated like a princess but am supposed to take care of everyone else in the family.

speaking from my own experience? Even as a teenager those still applied.
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by busar(m): 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce:

Yes I am kiss

Not surprised. Heard people have started marrying objects now.
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by tpia5: 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
Sometimes I think of coming back to you and getting pampered again. I want to come home to my favorite food cooked by you every evening after a nice outing with friends. I want to sleep on your laps like I have no worry in this world.

i cant relate to any of that.

i dont see how i could be sitting on parents' laps when i wasnt a toddler?

mama sef go dey worried say na wahala be this o.

are you an only child perhaps?
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by mysticgal(f): 6:33am On Dec 16, 2013
tpia@:

if you're not married wont you still do all these:

speaking from my own experience? Even as a teenager those still applied.

so tpia is a teenager,whoa shocked cheesy tongue
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by busar(m): 6:53am On Dec 16, 2013
tpia@:

i cant relate to any of that.

i was the one cooking the food and i dont see how i could be sitting on parents' laps when i wasnt a toddler? ??

are you an only child perhaps?
It doesn't apply to everyone. Nope, I'm not the only child and I'm not a 'she'

1 Like

Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
busar: Not surprised. Heard people have started marrying objects now.

Yes oh, go grab yours!
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
kulyie: chillisauce you will not kill me gringringrin
cheesy
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by busar(m): 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2013
Chillisauce:

Yes oh, go grab yours!
When there are lots of 'beautiful' females out there. Just praying for the best of them.
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by tpia5: 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
busar: It doesn't apply to everyone.

ok then.

however, do you feel the letter applies to nigerians?

Nope, I'm not the only child and I'm not a 'she'

alright.

1 Like

Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by busar(m): 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
tpia@:

ok then.

however, do you feel the letter applies to nigerians?
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN. it applies.
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by kreamidiva(f): 4:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
Biko make una no vex o.

What does it mean for a lady to be treated like a princess
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by tpia5: 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
I have no idea.

Sounds as strange to me as the notion of sitting my grown behind on parents laps.
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
kreami diva: Biko make una no vex o.

What does it mean for a lady to be treated like a princess

My dear, sometimes you don't even know but when your Prince Charming come calling, you will understand.
Ask Snow White
Re: A Letter From A Newly Married Girl To Her Mother. by busar(m): 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Three Major Reasons Why Every Home Must Have A CCTV Camera. / Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? / Why Do Some Women Do This To Their Husband ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.