Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? (42220 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by kinglarry(m): 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2006
Lets look at it from this angle, my mother have her husband which is the love of her life and I too have my wife as the flesh of my bone, so why should my mum share me with her. though i love my mum but,
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by goodguy(m): 10:03pm On Apr 02, 2006
Obviously, those who say 'mother' comes first are single. When you get married, you will know better.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:39am On Apr 03, 2006
Yup i think u hit the nail man. My sentiments exactly
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by wiseguy(m): 9:14am On Apr 03, 2006
If the situation presents itself a million times, I will definitely choose my wife a million times. Those shouting 'mum' should wait till they get married. I love my mum as a mother and I think she has played her role on earth with the help of her husband who loves her and I feel I cannot fully reward her up to one-tenth what she has done for me. Her reward will come from the Almighty. But now its time to move on with my life without that maternal attachment. Its the turn of my wife to fulfil the same role as my mum did and she needs my love and support to do that just as my dad gave my mother his love.

In addition, if you can help it, don't allow your mum and your wife stay under the same roof for a long time even if they are the best of friends so you won't get to a situation that you need to start choosing. And again don't allow your family or your wife's family to come and settle quarrels between you and your wify. Try as much as possible to setlle your quarels yourself. This especially has worked for me. I will be having domestic issues with my wife and neither my in-laws nor my family or even visitors will hear or notice anything and we will eventually resolve the issue very maturely.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by kinglarry(m): 9:29am On Apr 03, 2006
wise talk from wiseguy
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by SoReal: 11:21am On Apr 03, 2006
u know wt i thinki think all you who choose ur mother jst say that cos u dnt understand wt being MARRIED 2 d ideal partner. UR wife is ur MISSING RIB. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Hellooooooooo. When God created u, He created her as ur mate. so unless u r with the wrong woman, no 1 else should come b4 her. not mother,not father, not sister,not kid,not best friend,no1.
As for me,my husband or my dadMY HUSBAND all d way even tho i am one girl dat loves her dad wit all she got.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by kinglarry(m): 11:36am On Apr 03, 2006
you are just SoReal about this
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:38am On Apr 03, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked remember, she's da woman who gave u birth, without her, U would neva have met ur husby/wifee
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by kinglarry(m): 11:43am On Apr 03, 2006
@Rhodalyn, you too should should remember that she gave birth to you because her husband choose her, so you too should choose him or her to have your own family
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:44am On Apr 03, 2006
U too should remember that Ur mom can neva betray U, but Ur wife can and will do if there happens to be a divorce or misunderstanding
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by SoReal: 11:50am On Apr 03, 2006
kinglarry:

you are just SoReal about this
wink wink
Rhodalyn:

U too should remember that your mom can never betray U, but your wife can and will do if there happens to be a divorce or misunderstanding
Dat can only happen if u married d WRONG person.
your mum gave birth 2 u, n all u can do about that is love n respect her forever. that should NOT stop after marriage but then your wife becomes another mum 2 u (even God planned it that way).So after marriage, it shld b "HEY MUM,I LUV U SO MUCH BUT WIFEY COMES FIRST NOW" grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by kinglarry(m): 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2006
EXACTLY!!!!, that can only happens if you married a wrong person, a good wife or husband will stay by you no matter the case
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by goodguy(m): 11:09pm On Apr 03, 2006
Rhodalyn:

shocked shocked shocked shocked remember, she's da woman who gave u birth, without her, U would never have met your husby/wifee

She had to play that role with the help of her husband.  If she had also chosen her father over her husband, you wouldn't be here either, posting on Nairaland.  Quoting one of the early posters on this thread, "You are just a by-product of their snuggling".
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by akinns(m): 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2006
your wife may at any time leaves you for another man but remember that your mother will always be your mother no matter the situation
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by kinglarry(m): 3:34pm On Apr 04, 2006
akinns:

your wife may at any time leaves you for another man but remember that your mother will always be your mother no matter the situation

So you want to tell me you have never heard of mothers who kill there children, so what are you talking about
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by nobledanie(m): 5:24pm On Apr 04, 2006
my wife of course!
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by larger20(m): 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2006
am glad wife is leading with one point, wife and no other please . I cant fu, ck my mom but my wife is fuckable
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Danasco(m): 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2006
my mum p
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by mide2(f): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2006
My husband comes after God but before my dad and mom and siblings. It's funny that my mom and i just talked about this last night on phone and i'm reading this post for the first time today. She chose her husband and i chose my husband to be as well. It's just the right thing.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2006
SoReal:

wink winkDat can only happen if u married d WRONG person.
your mum gave birth 2 u, n all u can do about that is love n respect her forever. that should NOT stop after marriage but then your wife becomes another mum 2 u (even God planned it that way).So after marriage, it shld b "HEY MUM,I LUV U SO MUCH BUT WIFEY COMES FIRST NOW" grin grin grin grin grin

goodguy:

She had to play that role with the help of her husband. If she had also chosen her father over her husband, you wouldn't be here either, posting on Nairaland. Quoting one of the early posters on this thread, "You are just a by-product of their snuggling".
y'all are ungrateful and wicked sons!!!!!! angry angry angry angry shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by IAH(f): 8:02pm On Apr 05, 2006
mide2:

My husband comes after God but before my dad and mom and siblings. It's funny that my mom and i just talked about this last night on phone and i'm reading this post for the first time today. She chose her husband and i chose my husband to be as well. It's just the right thing.

Nice! But in my case, if such a topic ever comes up between us, I think my Mum would choose me and I would choose my husband. Too bad I would betray her. cry cry
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by goodguy(m): 11:32pm On Apr 05, 2006
Rhodalyn:

y'all are ungrateful and wicked sons!!!!!! angry angry angry angry shocked shocked shocked
When you get married, you will know better.

IAH:

Too bad I would betray her. cry cry
Nope. It's not betrayal. It is common sense.

She never put her father before her own husband, why then would you put your own parents before your spouse? You and your spouse are ONE, therefore, he/she comes first in your life (after God), then any other person follows.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by 27emmy(m): 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2006
hi,
for now,if anything comes first is my mother, ,may because am still single.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by goodguy(m): 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2006
Definitely! For now, my mother still comes first before any other girl.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2006
goodguy:

When you get married, you will know better.
Nope. It's not betrayal. It is common sense.

She never put her father before her own husband, why then would you put your own parents before your spouse? You and your spouse are ONE, therefore, he/she comes first in your life (after God), then any other person follows.
U are da most ungrateful son eva angry cheesy ya mama shd have aborted U
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by alj(m): 12:40am On Apr 08, 2006
they are totally different relashionships you cannot compare the two, maybe we expect our wifes to behave like our mothers and then complain when they do!

could not imagine falling for a girl my mother hated, but then my mother hates no one.

if people here believe that a married people become one person after they wed then surely this 'one person' should understand and look out for and respect the person responsible for bring their better half into the world?
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by LadyB(f): 12:53am On Apr 08, 2006
my hussy will come first for sure! and my mother would be very happy with me.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by joeljet: 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2006
For now, mother comes first since i am still under her and she bore me.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by curiousNja(f): 5:21pm On Apr 09, 2006
Of course, your wife.
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by Softee(f): 9:16pm On Apr 15, 2006
I think your mother should come first. I mean she raised you, if it wasn't for her, you wouldn't be here. Your mother should be chosen over anybody but if however your mother is being out of order towards your wife becase of jealousy or whatever you should let your mum know that your wife is very much loved also and deserves respect (and vice versa).
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by goodguy(m): 9:24pm On Apr 15, 2006
Softee, are you married?
Re: My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? by mide2(f): 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2006
Talking about the spouse coming first doesn't say he or she has the liberty to be rude, uncaring or even unchalant to the needs of my mother.Anyway, i see my mother-inlaw-to-be as an additional mom, and i love her just like i love my mom and the feeling is vice versa. She's just the best. She's absolutely fantastic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Neighbour Is About To Kill His Wife!! Please Advice. (urgent) / I Came Home To Pick Up Something And Caught Wife With Her Lover – Husband / Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.