Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! (1983 Views)

Paul Okoye Shares A Pic Of P-Square Performing In Hilarious Costumes Way Back / Mariah Carey Performing In Lagos (Pictures) / Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Lopez: Who Is Most Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by adora4u1: 7:36am On Dec 16, 2013
According to radaronline.com, Mariah Carey Performs For Money Men In Nigeria, World’s Center Of Bank Fraud & Human Trafficking!

Mariah Carey proudly posted a pic of herself in a slinky yellow dress and wrote, “Backstage in Nigeria” on Saturday.

But maybe the songbird should have done some homework before agreeing to the gig?

Her show was at Access Bank’s Christmas Party which was also a farewell bash for the bank’s managing director.

And while Access Bank is a reputable financial institution, should Carey have known a few basics about the African nation before taking the paycheck?

Ironically — given that she was performing for bankers — it seems Carey wasn’t aware Nigeria is well-known as the center of the world’s email financial crimes! Nigeria is even part of the name — as in “Nigerian 411 Scams.”

Nigeria is also, according to the United Nations, the hub of human trafficking as “a source, destination and transit country.

AND, just for good measure, there are mass killings going on in two Nigerian states right now, and according to Human Rights Watch, the violence is being ignored by federal authorities.

“Systemic corruption in the Nigeria Police Force” is the problem, a HRW spokesperson told CNN.

Carey isn’t the first performer who has taken a paycheck for appearing in countries known for terror, death and fraud.

In 2011, Beyoncé sang for Moammar Gadhafi’s sons and Jennifer Lopez performed in Turkmenistan.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/12/mariah-carey-performs-nigeria-bank/[img]

Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by maxman10(m): 7:39am On Dec 16, 2013
It's a pity Nigeria stll called for a foreign artist for smthn like dis

Yay!. cheesy first to commento
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by adora4u1: 7:41am On Dec 16, 2013
maxman10: It's a pity Nigeria stll called for a foreign artist for smthn like dis

maxman10: It's a pity Nigeria stll called for a foreign artist for smthn like dis

Oya, clap for yourself! grin
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by maxman10(m): 7:46am On Dec 16, 2013
@op, then who slammed her? I don't actually give a pinky who did... tongue
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by RoyalRoy(m): 7:52am On Dec 16, 2013
Access bank should take the lead and sue the asss of those stewpid journalists who paint Naija black all the time.

1 Like

Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by mikael78: 7:53am On Dec 16, 2013
OyA....moDddddddddddddddddddddddd...shake body...I won mk fpm..na monday mornng b dis
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by oasis01(m): 8:04am On Dec 16, 2013
All work and no play makes 'access' a dull bank.
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by demelza: 8:33am On Dec 16, 2013
I wont expect anything less from radaronline. They are one of the trashiest and messiest blogs on the net.
Their opinions dont count.

3 Likes

Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by solomon111(m): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2013
America must be a very perfect country.
Little wonder,citizens of that country are the most hated in the world.
Arrogant idiotts.

4 Likes

Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by missterious(f): 9:40am On Dec 16, 2013
So Nigeria is now being compared to Libya & Turkmenistan.... Smh
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by IAMBREEZY: 9:58am On Dec 16, 2013
demelza: I wont expect anything less from radaronline. They are one of the trashiest and messiest blogs on the net.
Their opinions dont count.
GBAM!!!
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by JohnFrankling(m): 10:01am On Dec 16, 2013
Mtcheeeew
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by skyscraperTM(m): 10:07am On Dec 16, 2013
Op bro, you most be rarely jobless. I nid an housekeeper who wil be helpin me to be packin my shitt. Pm me if use wanna apply. Tnkz
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by GeneralJ(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2013
who gives a flying yansh hoot about this, shey it consain us abi wetin
make they talk wetin they wan talk, when they see naija taking over theire economy, then they wil understand, just remember silence is the best answer for fools
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by zeekz(m): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2013
Nigeria is not perfect no country is, nw Nigeria is clearly behind der beloved america in terms of internet fraud, insecurity is also high so wateva point dis ignorant Arrow of a writer for radaronline is trying to make is invalid and pointless like China is not worse dan Nigeria in terms of trafficking. Absolute rubbish.
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by seangy4konji: 10:50am On Dec 16, 2013
it no go better for all of u weh write that thing.na Sango go kill of of una.
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by Lilimax(f): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2013
Radaronline should get lost sad
Afterall Mariah Careh is not the first American Artiste to perform on any Nigerian's event
so why the noise undecided.

She accepted the invitation for the performance and was paid for that?
They should let this lady be ...
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by fruityjojo(f): 11:31am On Dec 16, 2013
America hmmm The country with the highest number of phychopatic killings & serial killers! Don't blame dem sha!
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 16, 2013
Access Bank. Money miss road. Misplaced priorities.
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by NadiaSA1(f): 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2013
LoL
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by gbishop: 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2013
former president George Bush was also there, so whats the big deal.
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by leggo: 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
Royal Roy: Access bank should take the lead and sue the asss of those stewpid journalists who paint Naija black all the time.

why don't you take the lead?
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by chuckdee4(m): 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2013
So because the country has issues just like any other country people should not enjoy their money.
Abeg if they can't afford to spend like Nigerians do they should not display envy, makes em look ridiculous
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by Chanchit: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Op bro, you most be rarely jobless. I nid an housekeeper who wil be helpin me to be packin my shitt. Pm me if use wanna apply. Tnkz

Pack sht ke..? Ur diabetes don reach that stage..?
I knw the hediots writing this thrash would jump @ d offer if they are in Mariah's shoe..
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by abubaka101: 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
When our Nigerian journalists and Media are not competent enough to challenge and correct this sort of baseless and discriminatory statement, what do you expect from them
Re: Mariah Carey Gets Slammed For Performing In Nigeria! by since1914(m): 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2013
OP, when you go in search of junk news, you will most definitely find junk news. The quality of writing is not only appalling but also criminally inaccurate. The writer was lazily putting together pieces of hear-says to make up a news article to earn a paycheck, he/she even referred to something as "Nigerian 411 scam". At least that says something about the his/her intellectual depth. You can't get away with this quality of writing on a business-minded news site.

(1) (Reply)

MTN Project Fame Winner Geoffrey Says After Winning Many Girls Are Seeking My / Kcee Acquires Customized 2014 Cadillac Escalade [see Photos] / Tonto Dike Says She’s Never Fed Her Dogs With Eba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.