Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise (31231 Views)

Pictures From Eko Atlantic Opening Ceremony... / What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? / Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by SuyaEater(m): 8:30am On Dec 16, 2013
[B]Foundations of First city bridge located in Avenue 1 by the downtown area/business district. City will have 15 bridges
- August 2013[/B]

[B]Eko Boulevard - September 2013[/B]

[B]Sea Wall passes 4 km in length - October 2013[/B]

[B]First Buildings Under Construction - November 2013[/B]

This should be one of the residential towers for the Eko Pearl development. Its the first of 5 being constructed.

[B]I think this is an office tower for the oil sector - November 2013[/B]

[B]Overall Picture - December 2013[/B]

they say that they are on target with the timelines for the land-reclamation

6 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2013
dubai will have a rival soon (I didn't mention any African country with old skyscrapers lol..you know urselfs )

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by ba7man(m): 9:46am On Dec 16, 2013
Wow!!!......This is what i call a vision being realized.

This is the best project in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2013
meanwhile in abuja

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Abagworo(m): 9:54am On Dec 16, 2013
ba7man: Wow!!!......This is what i call a vision being realized.

This is the best project in Nigeria.

More like a disaster in the waiting. I'm not a fan of land reclamation especially by the sea which makes it vulnerable to disaster.

10 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by ba7man(m): 9:59am On Dec 16, 2013
Abagworo:

More like a disaster in the waiting. I'm not a fan of land reclamation especially by the sea which makes it vulnerable to disaster.
The future belongs to those that dream. Pessimism and fear will only make you inactive, rather that pro-active.

If you were in charge of Lagos State, the whole V.I would have been washed away by now.

17 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Abagworo(m): 10:05am On Dec 16, 2013
ba7man: The future belongs to those that dream. Pessimism and fear will only make you inactive, rather that pro-active.

If you were in charge of Lagos State, the whole V.I would have been washed away by now.

Countries like Hong Kong and Japan that lack land could risk the lives of their citizens by embarking on this kind of construction but not Nigeria with enough empty land to develop. Like you wrote, its for those that dream. I can't live there.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by GeneralJ(m): 10:21am On Dec 16, 2013
Abagworo:

Abeg no dey wish bad thing for lagos ohh, just because you are not a fan, don't mean you should call it a disaster in the waiting.
many people take this very close to the heart, its just like me telling you that your penis is a disaster in the waiting, because i am not a fan of dicks

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 16, 2013
Beautiful!

Reminds me of fort lauderdale.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 16, 2013
scipher: meanwhile in abuja

All Built on Graft and Injustice.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Trailii: 10:41am On Dec 16, 2013
Yoruba land kips developing. Wow!!!! Kudos to every1 involve in dis project. Pls can any1 upload development pics in alaigbo. Massive development in lagos/ogun in SW, abuja/kano in north, porthacort/akwa ibom in south south. But none in south east.

6 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by GeneralJ(m): 10:50am On Dec 16, 2013
SuyaEater:

[B]Eko Boulevard - September 2013[/B]

Jump to the future

7 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by ba7man(m): 11:30am On Dec 16, 2013
Trail ii: Yoruba land kips developing. Wow!!!! Kudos to every1 involve in dis project. Pls can any1 upload development pics in alaigbo. Massive development in lagos/ogun in SW, abuja/kano in north, porthacort/akwa ibom in south south. But none in south east.
They've just gotten their first international Airport(FG) and they have some of the largest markets in Africa(The efforts of the Igbo citizens).

I'm not aware of any major project initiated by their Governors but someone could educate me.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 16, 2013
Absolute waste of money...What happens to residents at 1004 estate?

Anyway, APC is working...imagine replicating this in Port Harcourt, Kano, Ibadan, Akure, Oshogbo and Abeokuta
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by amiskurie(m): 11:45am On Dec 16, 2013
Keneking: Absolute waste of money...What happens to residents at 1004 estate?

Anyway, APC is working...imagine replicating this in Port Harcourt, Kano, Ibadan, Akure, Oshogbo and Abeokuta
what is dis alien saying?

good news!

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Akpangbon: 11:55am On Dec 16, 2013
jerseyboy: .
All Built on Graft and Injustice.

dummy.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by victorjam(m): 12:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
A new city wit ability for near limitedless growth. Dis is d real deal!
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
LoL...2moro some jobless ppl wud be saying no region has right to lay claim to the resources that re found offshore...
That any region that agitates for resource control should know that its resources ends d place its bounday stops, so if akwa ibom does sth like this and covers up most of the oil wells around its waters, wud they belong to the FG or the state if we employ onshore/offshore dichotomy.

7 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by ITbomb(m): 12:39pm On Dec 16, 2013
2 ft above sea level is really a bad idea

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by kel4soft: 12:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
amiskurie:
what is dis alien saying?

good news!

Have you ever heard of Greater Port Harcourt initiated by the Governor of Rivers State.

Is on course despite the 'Operation bring him down'

For more pix visit this page www.gphcity.com/GPHmedia/gallery.php

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by ba7man(m): 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
ITbomb: 2 ft above sea level is really a bad idea
Who told you its 2ft above the sea?? Have you even seen the project??

Do you think they would be that daft to build a 2ft rock wall to stop ocean waves when the normal average wave height exceeds that height.

And who's that ignorant person that liked your post?? I'm sure its @lygn19.

6 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by abubaka101: 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
Good job being done... Hopefully the rich won't destroy it with their greed to put their names on everything and own all the land, then lease them for higher amounts. The Lagos state govt should keep up the good work, and all will be well.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by ba7man(m): 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
lygn19: LoL...2moro some jobless ppl wud be saying no region has right to lay claim to the resources that re found offshore...
That any region that agitates for resource control should know that its resources ends d place its bounday stops, so if akwa ibom does sth like this and covers up most of the oil wells around its waters, wud they belong to the FG or the state if we employ onshore/offshore dichotomy.
Oga, worry about what your Governor is doing.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by gsalvatore: 1:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
ba7man: They've just gotten their first international Airport(FG) and they have some of the largest markets in Africa(The efforts of the Igbo citizens).

I'm not aware of any major project initiated by their Governors but someone could educate me.
Igbos are totally disconnected with the/any Arm of Nigerian Government(maybe its Civil war trauma), most development you see in the east are done by Individuals/private sectors- Big Markets, Few Industries etc,

Nobody give a damn about any thing government, Most people prefer private or mssionary schools to government schools, private hospital to government hospitals, even the shops for businesses are individually owned, some citizens contribute money to tidy up their roads, contribute money to buy transformers before the get light in there areas, what am saying is that the governors and ex-governors are not helping matters, they lack vision to push them into 21st century, all they know is LOOT! LOOT! LOOT!

Check out Abia State governor, Go to Aba(a city in the state), no Standard road, 100 percent of the drainage system are messed up, the Ariaria market that is the main market in Aba is nothing to write home about(you dont wanna go there during rainy season). Infact Aba stopped developing since 1994.

Ebonyi state nko? lets not go there, the governor is senile and incapable of thinking, he just doesn't know the Job .

Imo State, Rochas is a majician, Imolites living in the state a blinded or brainwashed, they love the man even when he is giving them shit and telling them its cake, his roads are just breaking up like bread, No single foreign Investor has opened a shop in Imo state(i stand to be corrected) and he is the man that is supposed to take Imo state to haven. thats why you see Imo graduates jobless, walking along the streets of Ikenegbu like drifters. either you see HOTEL/EATRY, or KEKE NAPEP or Fuelling station, NO SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT.

Anambra state, hahahahah, the Governor is just a lucky and clever man, i think he wants to help but....i just dont know sha, Anambra is supposed to be the state with the highest number of RICH INDIVIDUALS but a trip to the capital city Awka or Onitsha will just disappoint you,poor sanitary standard, all they do is worship money,'' ego ole ka iji?'' but money is not wealth, i mean Anambra state can do a lot better if they put their head and mind to it with less pride/arrogance.

Enugu state is trying, the govenor need to improve, raise standards of infrastructure, i think its the quality of infrastructures in the major cities of the world that makes them stand out just like Tokyo, Osaka, KUALA LUMPUR,London etc. infact when we get that mindset of erecting world class infrastructures only then will we be recognised.

I think there problem is there leaders, they all are myopic and lack imagination which is very bad and come to think they do travel abroad and see all the good stuffs out there and still come back to give us all this substandard stuffs is very appalling.

NB: this is my opinion, am not an opposition and am not PDP or whatever , am igbo.

12 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by slimfit1(m): 1:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
Useless idea the money could have been spent on areas that needs redevelopment.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Big4wig(m): 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
scipher: dubai will have a rival soon
oga u must be high in wet weed...who dash u cheesycheesy
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by alaoeri: 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
Abagworo:

Disaster can happen in any place, earthquake can occur in arid areas, we all witness the worst flood disaster in ages to hit this country last two years the only problem with this kind of project is if necessary measures ain't on ground to minimize casuality during any disaster aside that its a welcome development.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by ba7man(m): 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2013
gsalvatore: Igbos are totally disconnected with the/any Arm of Nigerian Government(maybe its Civil war trauma), most development you see in the east are done by Individuals/private sectors- Big Markets, Few Industries etc,

Nobody give a damn about any thing government, Most people prefer private or mssionary schools to government schools, private hospital to government hospitals, even the shops for businesses are individually owned, some citizens contribute money to tidy up their roads, contribute money to buy transformers before the get light in there areas, what am saying is that the governors and ex-governors are not helping matters, they lack vision to push them into 21st century, all they know is LOOT! LOOT! LOOT!

Check out Abia State governor, Go to Aba(a city in the state), no Standard road, 100 percent of the drainage system are messed up, the Ariaria market that is the main market in Aba is nothing to write home about(you dont wanna go there during rainy season). Infact Aba stopped developing since 1994.

Ebonyi state nko? lets not go there, the governor is senile and incapable of thinking, he just doesn't know the Job .

Imo State, Rochas is a majician, Imolites living in the state a blinded or brainwashed, they love the man even when he is giving them shit and telling them its cake, his roads are just breaking up like bread, No single foreign Investor has opened a shop in Imo state(i stand to be corrected) and he is the man that is supposed to take Imo state to haven. thats why you see Imo graduates jobless, walking along the streets of Ikenegbu like drifters. either you see HOTEL/EATRY, or KEKE NAPEP or Fuelling station, NO SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT.

Anambra state, hahahahah, the Governor is just a lucky and clever man, i think he wants to help but....i just dont know sha, Anambra is supposed to be the state with the highest number of RICH INDIVIDUALS but a trip to the capital city Awka or Onitsha will just disappoint you,poor sanitary standard, all they do is worship money,'' ego ole ka iji?'' but money is not wealth, i mean Anambra state can do a lot better if they put their head and mind to it with less pride/arrogance.

Enugu state is trying, the govenor need to improve, raise standards of infrastructure, i think its the quality of infrastructures in the major cities of the world that makes them stand out just like Tokyo, Osaka, KUALA LUMPUR,London etc. infact when we get that mindset of erecting world class infrastructures only then will we be recognised.

I think there problem is there leaders, they all are myopic and lack imagination which is very bad and come to think they do travel abroad and see all the good stuffs out there and still come back to give us all this substandard stuffs is very appalling.

NB: this is my opinion, am not an opposition and am not PDP or whatever , am igbo.
Respect.

The summary of your post is "Industrious people, bad leaders".

It makes sense to me.

8 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by geeez: 1:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
I toured the site with a few partners recently and we joked that the first residents of Eko Atlantic are already inhabiting the place as we saw a few sparse shanties built by homeless people on the reclaimed land

I'm so excited about this project and can't wait to see every inch of the land fully built

This is what is called vision as Eko Atlantic won't just serve as a land to build, work and live but also help reduce the impact of the Atlantic on the coastline

God bless the city of Lagos

God bless the vision of my people

Later some people will scream that they and the FG are the ones developing Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by matzoro(m): 1:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
Trail ii: Yoruba land kips developing. Wow!!!! Kudos to every1 involve in dis project. Pls can any1 upload development pics in alaigbo. Massive development in lagos/ogun in SW, abuja/kano in north, porthacort/akwa ibom in south south. But none in south east.

u opened a thread about lagos and u started insulting the east and praising d west; u shld @ least have waited for f igbos to start d war naa bt even as u stand in ur ''silver soil'' land u still feel inferior to the ''red earthed'' people...afterwards smbdy go open im mouth dey blame igbos 4 d e war hia

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by amiskurie(m): 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
kel4soft:

Have you ever heard of Greater Port Harcourt initiated by the Governor of Rivers State.

Is on course despite the 'Operation bring him down'

For more pix visit this page www.gphcity.com/GPHmedia/gallery.php
-I do not beef,naija is my country....Gandoki,Agbo and ade are my brothers!.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Senator Abe Walks On Bare Feet In His Community (Photos) / Ekweremadu, Wife, Son, Escape Assassination Attempt / Battle For Lagos East Vacant Senatorial Seat Heats Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.