Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise (31219 Views)

Pictures From Eko Atlantic Opening Ceremony... / What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? / Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sloan:

Why do you Ibos remain jealous and hateful towards everything in Yoruba land? When Sheik Al Maktoum of the UAE was reclaiming the land on which the impressive, tallest building in the world now stands the Burj Khalifa, ibos did not see anything wrong with it. When they built the Burj Arab, you did not see anything wrong with it and would die just to go and import anything and stay in those hotels (only if you could afford it). When Hong Kong built some of its biggest buildings on reclaimed land, it was okay and you opened your mouths in wonderment. Now the Yorubas are building the signature city of tomorrow right on their land, which they reclaimed from the Atlantic, guess who is crying the loudest? Ibos! Your single dime is not in the investment! It is not your land, and before you get here by road you would have to cross through Delta State, our cousins state of Edo State, and I wonder why are you crying louder than the people who have direct states in this project? Geez, who said he actually went there with some of his friends actually saw some people who already built shanties to live there. The question is: do you care about their safety more than they care or you are actually jealous and you think if you cry hard enough, we would stop developing our lands?

Regionalism, followed by a total disintegration is the answer to this madness! The day Ibos would be evicted by all Nigerians back to their Iboland would be the best day ever! Then, your small government, low taxes and individualism in which every family buys their own transformer and build their own roads would be what you would have to contend with all your lives! >> grin grin grin
See how olodoish u re, in ur 1st post she is south african, in ur 2nd post she is igbo.
Mumu yab man.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sloan:

Why do you Ibos remain jealous and hateful towards everything in Yoruba land? When Sheik Al Maktoum of the UAE was reclaiming the land on which the impressive, tallest building in the world now stands the Burj Khalifa, ibos did not see anything wrong with it. When they built the Burj Arab, you did not see anything wrong with it and would die just to go and import anything and stay in those hotels (only if you could afford it). When Hong Kong built some of its biggest buildings on reclaimed land, it was okay and you opened your mouths in wonderment. Now the Yorubas are building the signature city of tomorrow right on their land, which they reclaimed from the Atlantic, guess who is crying the loudest? Ibos! Your single dime is not in the investment! It is not your land, and before you get here by road you would have to cross through Delta State, our cousins state of Edo State, and I wonder why are you crying louder than the people who have direct states in this project? Geez, who said he actually went there with some of his friends actually saw some people who already built shanties to live there. The question is: do you care about their safety more than they care or you are actually jealous and you think if you cry hard enough, we would stop developing our lands?

Regionalism, followed by a total disintegration is the answer to this madness! The day Ibos would be evicted by all Nigerians back to their Iboland would be the best day ever! Then, your small government, low taxes and individualism in which every family buys their own transformer and build their own roads would be what you would have to contend with all your lives! >> grin grin grin
See how olodoish u re, in ur 1st post she is south african, in ur 2nd post she is igbo.
Mumu yab man.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
I'm really passionate about this project. I went there myself last month to see things for myself. I was really impressed with the work going on. Just hope i'll be alive to see this project mature.
Weldone Mr. Fashola!
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Sloan: 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
lygn19:
Mumu yab man.

Which first post are you talking about or are you blind ni? Whether she is SA or Ibo, since when did an anonymous forum like NL have a system of verifying who is behind what ID? In any case, you people should go back to your land and built your own cities, we don't care for your advice borne of of jealousy and envy. I am not abusing you or anyone, just saying you MUST leave, whether today or the day Nigeria breaks. This is it!

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by baby124: 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
Looks nice and promising...
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
BluIvy:

Sorry for speaking the truth joor.
grin grin grin
sorry, u spoke like someone that has his/her brain placed somewhere in between the anus grin
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sloan:

Which first post are you talking about or are you blind ni? Whether she is SA or Ibo, since when did an anonymous forum like NL have a system of verifying who is behind what ID? In any case, you people should go back to your land and built your own cities, we don't care for your advice borne of of jealousy and envy. I am not abusing you or anyone, just saying you MUST leave, whether today or the day Nigeria breaks. This is it!
LoL... One Nijeria... wink...
D blood ur fathers shed to keep us in Nigeria was for what...lol
Let them start the eko atlantic abeg, at least I can personally buy like 5plots and lend it to the poor to build there thatch houses der smiley.
MAKOKO tins
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by zabyx: 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
This looks promising and definitely reminds me of Dubai.

But there's one thing I can't get over or don't understand. Can someone explain to me why new land has to be created in the sea when there are large tracts of undeveloped land lying around in Lagos state (further inland, around the lagoon)? When Eko Atlantic becomes a raging success, it would be difficult and expensive to expand, whereas if it were built further inland, it could expand with ease.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
zabyx: This looks promising and definitely reminds me of Dubai.

But there's one thing I can't get over or don't understand. Can someone explain to me why new land has to be created in the sea when there are large tracts of undeveloped land lying around in Lagos state (further inland, around the lagoon)? When Eko Atlantic becomes a raging success, it would be difficult and expensive to expand, whereas if it were built further inland, it could expand with ease.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eko_Atlantic
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by mojeer678: 7:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
Abagworo:

Countries like Hong Kong and Japan that lack land could risk the lives of their citizens by embarking on this kind of construction but not Nigeria with enough empty land to develop. Like you wrote, its for those that dream. I can't live there.

Very apt response. I wonder why folks take it personal when confronted with superior logic and cold analysis.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
9jadelta: sorry, u spoke like someone that has his/her brain placed somewhere in between the anus grin

You should know right? Check again and see whose brain is misplaced. Must you always use slurs to show your frastration? Nigerians! undecided
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by slimfit1(m): 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2013
zabyx: This looks promising and definitely reminds me of Dubai.

That is dubai they can mentain it we can not mentain anything. We are not even sure of how our climate will be in 10 years time. So if dubai jump in to fire we too would like to jump in to fire ? We have to think carefully before we jump into unnecessary fantasy and be real with our selves. There are a lot of lands close to the sea in lagos that could have been used and it would have looked very nice.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by docsholz(m): 8:26pm On Dec 16, 2013
But seriously speaking ms bluivy I fail to understand how something being built in far away lagos is any of ur business
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Sloan: 8:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
slim fit :

That is dubai they can mentain it we can not mentain anything. We are not even sure of how our climate will be in 10 years time. So if dubai jump in to fire we too would like to jump in to fire ? We have to think carefully before we jump into unnecessary fantasy and be real with our selves. There are a lot of lands close to the sea in lagos that could have been used and it would have looked very nice.

What are you saying and who is "WE"? Are you not the Ibo tribalist saying WE? No, when you have a sea shore to reclaim as land in your villages, you can write WE until then, start getting ready to pack out of my father's land! you ungrateful people! >>> angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by agbameta: 8:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sloan:

What are you saying and who is "WE"? Are you not the Ibo tribalist saying WE? No, when you have a sea shore to reclaim as land in your villages, you can write WE until then, start getting ready to pack out of my father's land! you ungrateful people! >>> angry angry angry

I don't even understand the we nonsense, maybe Olachuwku is the new Olakunle.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sloan:

Sloan is Ekun oko Ibo! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
I don't understand these flat heads.
The land being reclaimed is not yours,
The money used for the reclamation is not yours.
The properties to be erected there are not yours.
The financial risks involved are not yours.
The environmental risks involved are not yours.
What the heck is your problem then?

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by zabyx: 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2013
slim fit :

I think the reason Eko is built from reclaimed land is largely symbolic; the builders want to portrait Eko Atlantic as definitively separate from the rest of Lagos and maybe even the rest of Nigeria. I heard in their ad that everything in Eko will be done according to the best practices, and that it will have its own power and water supply.

I do think Eko will be well-maintained, for this reason. It is not to be run by the Nigerian government or the Lagos state government, but by the private Chagoury Group. It's their own money (although I'm sure the Nigerian gov't generously helped them with low-interest loans and other incentives), so it's in their interest to keep it well-maintained and not sink back into the ocean.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by ba7man(m): 8:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
Its funny its the peeps that have nothing going on in their region that are crying hardest over this project.

Damn, this project is killing em inside...............I LIKE THAT!!!!!!
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Trailii: 8:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sloan:

see finishing.... Igbos don suffer.. Chai!!!
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by osystein(m): 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
Why does eko Atlantic give so many people hypertension? even people as far as Botswana.. I really can't wait till it's complete, many will probably kill themselves... grin grin grin
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
BluIvy:

You should know right? Check again and see whose brain is misplaced. Must you always use slurs to show your frastration? Nigerians! undecided
butthurt? cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
u came from a poor stinking nation with 11billion dollars gdp to show ur inferiority complex here. u started yapping dust on something that doesn't even concern you.
don't u know that inferiority complex is one the symptoms of brain disorder?
if u cant stand Nigerians, simply leave the forum for us. let us discuss our problem and solve it our self.

they are even talking about countries, botspana abi na bot-gbana self wan show muscle.. wetin we no go see
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by jumobi1(m): 10:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
Is Lagos running out of Land?
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 17, 2013
[q[s]uote author=9jadelta]butthurt? cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
u came from a poor stinking nation with 11billion dollars gdp to show ur inferiority complex here. u started yapping dust on something that doesn't even concern you.
if u cant stand Nigerians, simply leave the forum for us. let us discuss our problem and solve it our self.

they are even talking about countries, botspana abi na bot-gbana self wan show muscle.. wetin we no go see
[/quote] [/s]

Blah blah blah blah... bark, bark, bark. Y're crazy! cheesy
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Adamskuty(m): 12:18am On Dec 17, 2013
BluIvy: [q[s]uote author=9jadelta]butthurt? cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

[/s]

Blah blah blah blah... bark, bark, bark. Y're crazy! cheesy
my h0rny B1tch why are u attending to that guy? I need u,i need u to give me that attention not him.

I just wanna ride u slowly and suck ur b00.bs embarassed

(she go dey happy 4 her mind now,say at last a 9ja guy dey give her attention after so many years of being here grin )
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by bloggernaija: 2:03am On Dec 17, 2013
scipher: meanwhile in abuja

Abuja
Where incoming airlines /air hostess drop off their passengers and fly to Lagos to spend the night .
Fear of terror .
Eko Atlantic is a regional play against Accra ,Cairo and joburg.
Definitely not against Abuja.
Every city and state has to develop her own character and every attempt to build a Lagos in Abuja has failed.
In fact,
Ogun state is probably going to benefit most from this eko Atlantic because every multinational boss would want his company operation close by.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by basilo101: 4:17am On Dec 17, 2013
pandriod: This is southwest, the best of best!
Later, some spare part selling monkeys will tell you how they are developing lagos.
hehehe, its beta 2 sell spare part n earn a gud living dan kuming 2 watch skyscrapers occupied by d super rich (of course mostly non south westners) and going home to a slum.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by basilo101: 4:19am On Dec 17, 2013
bloggernaija:

Abuja
Where incoming airlines /air hostess drop off their passengers and fly to Lagos to spend the night .
Fear of terror .
Eko Atlantic is a regional play against Accra ,Cairo and joburg.
Definitely not against Abuja.
Every city and state has to develop her own character and every attempt to build a Lagos in Abuja has failed.
In fact,
Ogun state is probably going to benefit most from this eko Atlantic because every multinational boss would want his company operation close by.
ya dats wat i'm saying. Its 4 d multinationals, its not 4 u
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by basilo101: 4:36am On Dec 17, 2013
Sloan:

while u r here crying "my land, my land" ppl who have d moni r already getting spaces 4 demselves in d project. Kip dreaming of wen ppl's sweat wil be handed over to u.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 17, 2013
basilo101:
while u r here crying "my land, my land" ppl who have d moni r already getting spaces 4 demselves in d project. Kip dreaming of wen ppl's sweat wil be handed over to u.
LoL
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by amiskurie(m): 9:49am On Dec 17, 2013
will u guys sharap or I start writing noise maker?
Re: Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise by Horus(m): 10:29pm On Dec 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92m-6sZM-So

Eko Atlantic: A City in the Making - December 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Senator Abe Walks On Bare Feet In His Community (Photos) / How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones / Why We Are Supporting Buhari - G7 Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.