Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? (34649 Views)

Adieu To The Great Madiba / Burial Details of Madiba of South Africa, Nelson Mandela -Died At 95 / Adieu Madiba, Gone Too Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by charlsecy(m): 8:48am On Dec 16, 2013
Barack Obama and David Cameron, these are representatives of the power that executed the apartheid regime in South Africa. They hugely discriminated against the black majority. They even labelled Mandela a terrorist. But these people are the ones paying tributes to the man they once labelled a terrorist. Goodluck Jonathan, unfortunately, a representative of the power that significantly aided Mandela in his fight for freedom, was largely ignored!

“When you look at the part of the world where ovation is now the loudest, it was the part the pain was the most vicious. In a very cruel irony, history is being revised.

“The people, who collaborated with the government that enthroned apartheid at that time, are the people that are paying the biggest tribute now.

“But I ask myself: 'is this not the time for deep reflection?' I doubt if any African country expended as much time, as much money and as much commitment as the Nigerian Government."

____ Babatunde Fashola

“I’m certainly not comfortable with what I call Nigeria’s passive participation in Nelson Mandela’s memorial and burial plans. This is against the background of Nigeria’s active and total commitment to anti-apartheid struggle, and the need for the country to play active role in the funeral ceremonies of the symbol and icon of that struggle. For instance, I expected the Nigerian President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, would be among the six world leaders that were slated to give tributes at the memorial service. It is an irony that the only African leader that gave tribute at the occasion was the Namibian President, Hifikepunye Pohamba,”

____ Dr. Solomon O. Akinboye.

Did you know that Nigeria, in her fight against apartheid in South Africa, was deducting the salary of every Nigerian worker, and the proceeds given to some African countries, including South Africa, to support their fight for freedom. Ordinary citizens also made donations to the cause. The fund was called Southern African Relief Fund (SARF)

Is it not the height of shame and ingratitude that Organisers of Mandela's burial failed to give Nigerian government's representative a significant role in the event?

The Nigerian government gave scholarships to South African students during apartheid, and passports to freedom fighters who were denied South African passport.

"The contribution of Nigerians to freeing both South Africa and Mandela was monumental. Nigeria, for its commitment to put an end to apartheid in South Africa was considered a leader of the Frontline States established to achieve democratic rule in South Africa. The group raised funds and soldiers to prosecute war against apartheid. Other members of the group were Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe."

____ Dr. Solomon O. Akinboye.

"Immediately after the collapse of apartheid, leaders of the country had sought the support of experts from Nigeria with many Nigerians heeding the call and contributing intellectually, financially and physically to the development of the country. Many invested their money in businesses in the country but shortly afterwards, South Africans turned against Nigerians. Nigerians are hunted and killed like game; they have become the target of hate campaigns by South Africans. Every Nigeria is viewed as a drug dealer or a death merchant and is thus subjected to extreme ridicule and subhuman treatment."

____ Tribune, Sulaimon Olanrewaju.

Can this justify the ingratitude?

“You know I am not very happy with Nigeria. I have made that very clear on many occasions. YES, NIGERIA STOOD BY US MORE THAN ANY NATION, but you let yourselves down, and Africa and the black race very badly. Your leaders have no respect for their people. They believe that their personal interests are the interests of the people. They take people's resources and turn it into personal wealth. There is a level of poverty in Nigeria that should be unacceptable. I cannot understand why Nigerians are not more angry than they are."

____ Nelson Mandela, 2007

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by paniki(m): 9:02am On Dec 16, 2013
OK
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by RSA(m): 9:13am On Dec 16, 2013
Your leaders collected money from you to enrich themself in the name of South Africa. They 419 you all.
What ever help you think you gave to anti apartheid movement was not as missive as you were made to believe. Get over it,and move on. SA owe you nothing, Mbeki thanked you for his scholarship and that's enough.
Jonathan is not that important to have spoken at Madiba's funeral.Mbeki will die one day and we will allocate enough time for Nigeria to explained how they helped "him".

9 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by kadas01(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2013
We shouldn't blame South Africa for being ungrateful to us!.....Sincerely, we should blame our citizens who have given Nigeria a very "bad image" outside our shores!....#fact#

11 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
kadas-01:
We shouldn't blame South Africa for being ungrateful to us!.....Sincerely, we should blame our citizens who have given Nigeria a very "bad image" outside our shores!....#fact#
Thank you.

Question for the op, did Nigeria help S.A so that they would be paid back one day? This doesn't look like help to me, its like an investment, a channel/ relationship that nigeria built for their own good. 80% of foreigners in S.A are nigerians mos.

4 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by paniki(m): 12:43pm On Dec 16, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Thank you.

Question for the op, did Nigeria help S.A so that they would be paid back one day? This doesn't look like help to me, its like an investment, a channel/ relationship that nigeria built for their own good. 80% of foreigners in S.A are nigerians mos.

Eish, what about Zimbabweans? Do they make up the remaining 20%?

3 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:30pm On Dec 16, 2013
paniki:

Eish, what about Zimbabweans? Do they make up the remaining 20%?
lol maybe
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by morpheus24: 4:30pm On Dec 16, 2013

You dey craze o!

We don't even come close to Zimbabweans talk less of congolese.

PS, the Nigeria helped SA arguement is played out. You people should stop asking anything of these "bleks".

7 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by paniki(m): 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
morpheus24:

You dey craze o!

PS, the Nigeria helped SA arguement is played out. You people should stop asking anything of these "bleks".

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Horus(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
No!, South Africa is not ungrateful to Nigeria. Yes Nigeria fighted against apartheid in South Africa but why wait for something in return?. Doing what you can do to help a friend without expecting anything in return is service. But if you expect something in return for a service to a friend then this is not friendliness, this is Business

2 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by paniki(m): 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
Naijas are narcissistic people who will never come to accept that they are not as important as they think they are.

The people who spoke at the memorial had no relation with ANC or helped them in any real way, they only got given the platform because they are the IMPORTANT people of our times. Sorry but Naijas don't feature on the list of important humans. You can drop a nuke that wipes out all Naijas and the world would not be bothered.

8 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by morpheus24: 7:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
paniki: Naijas are narcissistic people who will never come to accept that they are not as important as they think they are.

The people who spoke at the memorial had no relation with ANC or helped them in any real way, they only got given the platform because they are the IMPORTANT people of our times. Sorry but Naijas don't feature on the list of important humans. You can drop a nuke that wipes out all Naijas and the world would not be bothered.

Likewise we can remove South Africa from the African map and designate it with its true name "Euro-Africa" and no real African will miss them.

VIVA the real Africa!

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
RSA: Your leaders collected money from you to enrich themself in the name of South Africa. They 419 you all.
What ever help you think you gave to anti apartheid movement was not as missive as you were made to believe. Get over it,and move on. SA owe you nothing, Mbeki thanked you for his scholarship and that's enough.
Jonathan is not that important to have spoken at Madiba's funeral.Mbeki will die one day and we will allocate enough time for Nigeria to explained how they helped "him".

Nigerians are falling over themselves to further humiliate themselves and their country. I am sure Mandela never said " YES, NIGERIA STOOD BY US MORE THAN ANY NATION "And if even if he could alter such he would not say that to Nigeria. They were scamed and now they want payback. Can you believe their suppose government officials, I mean people who are suppose to be decent are all over wanting to busk in the son of Mandelas good work instead of doing goodwork themselves? That country is totally doomed and they are into hearsay. Why did Kaunda not praise Nigeria as much as he praised Botswana & Tanzania? Real fvctards, they are starting to really make me mad.

4 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2013

Exactly, you know? I need to disappear again from this forum, geez! I just can not hide my disgust at these people. So its not individuals who are like this (As most said when I was talking about a shady Nigerian ex) the whole country is rot. Southern African countries need to cut themselves off from such rot, these people will ruin Africa. Lets save ourselves Angola has oil, (although we do not buy a lot of oil from them) we really do not need anything from them. I am serious.

3 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2013
morpheus24:

You dey craze o!

Relationship when they do not work out they are terminated. Southern African countries should cut ties with you and concentrate on SADC, please. Lets call it quits!
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 16, 2013
morpheus24:

Likewise we can remove South Africa from the African map and designate it with its true name "Euro-Africa" and no real African will miss them.

VIVA the real Africa!

No, no country will be moved, you just need to cut the whole SADEC dont visit or call us, we will do the same. Really this is not working if even your politicians think like this? Its a shame. SADC better do your own thing.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by morpheus24: 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
BluIvy:

No, no country will be moved, you just need to cut the whole SADEC dont visit or call us, we will do the same. Really this is not working if even your politicians think like this? Its a shame. SADC better do your own thing.

My prayers exactly!. If the rest of those countries who's citizens are xenophobed wish to align with the Pseudo African state then I say good riddance!

1 Like

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
morpheus24:

My prayers exactly!. If the rest of those countries wish to align with the Pseudo African state then I say good riddance!

If its your prayers why are your old man crying dripping snort everywhere over not being made special by SA? You people are too needy!

Goodridance to you, you are the ones you find in everywhere in Botswana there are no Batswanas in Nigeria, so good riddance to you.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by morpheus24: 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2013
BluIvy:

If its your prayers why are your old man crying dripping snort everywhere over not being made special by SA? You people are too needy!

This is the position of the Nigerian who hasn't been to SA and under the illusion some kinda "brotherly luv" should exist between the "blacks" of Nigeria and the "bleks" of South Africa.

I know better!

6 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by paniki(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
morpheus24:

VIVA the real Africa!

Correct. But lets not forget about those "real Africans" who are already here.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
morpheus24:

This is the position of the Nigerian who hasn't been to SA and under the illusion some kinda "brotherly luv" should exist between the "blacks" of Nigeria and the "bleks" of South Africa.

I know better!

What love? Why do you need love from others, where you guys not loved enough by your parents or something?

Its not working really. You seem to have the same issues with Botswana, Kenya, Uganda you guys are crazzy! Now snap out of your illussions and go love your child, brother and neighbour so they dont suffer from this needy-ness in the future.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by osystein(m): 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
My impression is that Nigerians are not liked in most countries, we don't even like ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by charlsecy(m): 10:10pm On Dec 16, 2013
Religious disposition, ignorance, attitude to pain and life may play a role in why Nigerians are not more angry than they are!

A friend of mine wrote about South Africa's attitude, "This is more political... they see us as their major competitor in Africa's social, political and economic affairs, even sports. And they hate to hear the old slang, "GIANT of Africa."

8 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
Lol, what's with morphie copying craigb's word "bleks", reminds me of that adamskunky kid copying the somali troll's insults... Tltltltlt

2 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by morpheus24: 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
Z3tdee: Lol, what's with morphie copying craigb's word "bleks", reminds me of that adamskunky kid copying the somali troll's insults... Tltltltlt

I amjust trynig to be more politically correct in Afrikanner terms smiley
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by morpheus24: 10:35pm On Dec 16, 2013
charlsecy

A friend of mine wrote about South Africa's attitude, "[color=#006600:

This is more political... they see us as their major competitor in Africa's social, political and economic affairs, even sports. And they hate to hear the old slang, "GIANT of Africa.[/color]"

This may be the close enough to the truth we ever get on nairaland about the relationship btw the two, but then agian I have been known to be wrong once in a while.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by morpheus24: 10:37pm On Dec 16, 2013
BluIvy:

What love? Why do you need love from others, where you guys not loved enough by your parents or something?

Its not working really. You seem to have the same issues with Botswana, Kenya, Uganda you guys are crazzy! Now snap out of your illussions and go love your child, brother and neighbour so they dont suffer from this needy-ness in the future.

Pan-Africanism. A concept lost by the southies as soon as Mandela made that deal with the national party to appease "white fears" and accomodate "others" in the multicultural society of south Africa.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 11:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
BluIvy:

look at this confused deranged retarded dummy,what's bostwana? grin grin

what issues will a very important country like nigeia have with a tiny desert inhabited by n@ked bushmen,u must be high on weed grin

b!tch pls dont speak for southafricans,huh? U only got the right to speak when any issue about ur tiny desert is mentioned here grin moda'fvcker grin

99percent of people worldwide will think ur boto-zoo is inhabited by animals only,98 out of the 99 haven't even heard the name before grin

21 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 11:17pm On Dec 16, 2013

that's a big lie,shawty.

Nigerians make the minority in S.a pls,just 250,000 out of 180million.

And maily one ethnic group (the igbos sad ) out of 250 ethnic groups,we all know the igbos travel everywhere,even to jungles.

We make up,well (igbos) nothin less than 1percent of foriegners over there.

Btw,are igbos trading in boto as well? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" / Russia Displays Military Force At Annual Victory Day Parade(Photos) / Salman Rushdie On Ventilator, Liver Damaged, Likely To Lose One Eye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.