Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,015 members, 7,799,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? (17865 Views)

See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) / Sachi Motorsport - Audi A4 Avant Quattro 1,8 20V Turbo 5MT / I Need An Advice On 2001 Passat 1.8 Turbo Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by Trac: 10:00am On Jan 02, 2014
icemann:

Error in my part. I always taught it was 2% to 5%.

Mr Trac i used a bicycle analogy to make people understand my point. Most people here didn't do intro to thermodynamics and cant even convert KWh to Joules. Please do explain to us like we are 5 year old.

Iceman,

It is far complicated than that and it isn't solely on thermodynamics. Sincerely, it's okay (with respect to first sentence). It's not possible to explain in any simple term for everyone. As you already understand, it requires system-thinking. One without an engineering background cannot have this perception and logical thought-process. I learnt that lesson here and I resorted in more times than one, making fundamental references on basic fundamental principles that could otherwise have been avoided. You can't win them all. As a defense, they'll term your published content "complicated." We are mostly (in NL) Nigerians by descent but not all of us are from Nigeria. My mentality is different from the typical Nigerian and that clash in culture will be there. In the United States, it is an insult to speak or convey principles to an adult in 5th-grader English. It is frowned-upon seriously. The news-media addresses the community in 5th-grader English and many don’t take it kindly (especially when there is soft music in the background).

I do not want to make scientific or technical related posts anymore. However, a few points I will share; in accordance to your request. It'll require deductive reasoning (which should not be a problem for the technically-minded).

-[1] - The cyclic processes is the primary/main reason why the heat-engine is inefficient. No heat engine will exceed the Carnot efficiency.
-[2] - The more the heatloss, the higher the consumption of the working fluid
-[3] - There is no such thing or principle called "fuel efficiency." That is nonsense made up for the masses and petrolheads by -- (I don't know).
-[4] - Efficiency has to do with system and not the working fluid.
-[5] - Working fluid is referenced as potential and potential-difference. Not fuel efficient or fuel efficiency.
-[6] - As of today (in mass production), nothing with a hot exhaust is an efficient system.
-[7] - The media is the link between the automotive industry and the masses.
-[8] - Horsepower and torque is mainstreamed as efficiency. Classical/Statistical thermodynamics explains otherwise.
-[9] - There is profit in inefficient vehicles. The oil companies work in tandem with engine manufacturers on engine design builds (upstream). It is not as we think. Major corporations will not relinquish a major profit avenue when demand is sky-high.
[10] - The turbine does not increase the efficiency of the system. A closed-system has interaction ONLY with its immediate surroundings.
[11] - The pump is setup as a turbocharger. It is not setup as a compensation to make up for an inefficient setup. It is a sub-system. It works after the fact. The irreversibilities would have been completed before the turbine is instantaneously handed its task increasingly/continuously. This is not public awareness because it is not the media's duty to educate the public. Goal is to make sales through perception-marketing.
[12] - During the generation of the babyboomers (that is the era of the counter-culture), an awareness was offered for engine economy and nobody cared. It was not a trend and was deemed un-pop. Baby-boomers will share deeper knowledge to this. It is a fact they regret to live by today.
[13] - The mindset of companies and corporations is that the masses feel entitled. They were born with nothing and feel entitled to all.
[14] - The news media is not a credible source for technical information. It is not rating-friendly. Washed-Out information is ideal for ratings.
[15] - Keep the masses dissatisfied - Charles Kettering, Vice President of General Motors:1925.

Man claims to have been on the moon; yet an engine for a motor vehicle cannot attain a 50% minimum efficiency or higher in efficiency. Then there are asleep consumers that brag about their road-vehicles (that is non-special purpose) that struggle to achieve 8% efficiency on a good day. The worst thing is that many take time and money to lower the efficiency percentage. They deem others that value higher efficiencies are "boring" and "shameful. On the flip-side, the scientific and engineering community has a name for them. This is not to be confused as discrimination against motorsports/racing. That is special-purpose application.
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by Trac: 10:08am On Jan 02, 2014
yungboss:
ok Trac, thanks. I'll send you an email,the previous one is now defunct.

Thanks. I got it.
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by yungboss(m): 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
Trac:

Iceman,

It is far complicated than that and it isn't solely on thermodynamics. Sincerely, it's okay (with respect to first sentence). It's not possible to explain in any simple term for everyone. As you already understand, it requires system-thinking. One without an engineering background cannot have this perception and logical thought-process. I learnt that lesson here and I resorted in more times than one, making fundamental references on basic fundamental principles that could otherwise have been avoided. You can't win them all. As a defense, they'll term your published content "complicated." We are mostly (in NL) Nigerians by descent but not all of us are from Nigeria. My mentality is different from the typical Nigerian and that clash in culture will be there. In the United States, it is an insult to speak or convey principles to an adult in 5th-grader English. It is frowned-upon seriously. The news-media addresses the community in 5th-grader English and many don’t take it kindly (especially when there is soft music in the background).

I do not want to make scientific or technical related posts anymore. However, a few points I will share; in accordance to your request. It'll require deductive reasoning (which should not be a problem for the technically-minded).

-[1] - The cyclic processes is the primary/main reason why the heat-engine is inefficient. No heat engine will exceed the Carnot efficiency.
-[2] - The more the heatloss, the higher the consumption of the working fluid
-[3] - There is no such thing or principle called "fuel efficiency." That is nonsense made up for the masses and petrolheads by -- (I don't know).
-[4] - Efficiency has to do with system and not the working fluid.
-[5] - Working fluid is referenced as potential and potential-difference. Not fuel efficient or fuel efficiency.
-[6] - As of today (in mass production), nothing with a hot exhaust is an efficient system.
-[7] - The media is the link between the automotive industry and the masses.
-[8] - Horsepower and torque is mainstreamed as efficiency. Classical/Statistical thermodynamics explains otherwise.
-[9] - There is profit in inefficient vehicles. The oil companies work in tandem with engine manufacturers on engine design builds (upstream). It is not as we think. Major corporations will not relinquish a major profit avenue when demand is sky-high.
[10] - The turbine does not increase the efficiency of the system. A closed-system has interaction ONLY with its immediate surroundings.
[11] - The pump is setup as a turbocharger. It is not setup as a compensation to make up for an inefficient setup. It is a sub-system. It works after the fact. The irreversibilities would have been completed before the turbine is instantaneously handed its task increasingly/continuously. This is not public awareness because it is not the media's duty to educate the public. Goal is to make sales through perception-marketing.
[12] - During the generation of the babyboomers (that is the era of the counter-culture), an awareness was offered for engine economy and nobody cared. It was not a trend and was deemed un-pop. Baby-boomers will share deeper knowledge to this. It is a fact they regret to live by today.
[13] - The mindset of companies and corporations is that the masses feel entitled. They were born with nothing and feel entitled to all.
[14] - The news media is not a credible source for technical information. It is not rating-friendly. Washed-Out information is ideal for ratings.
[15] - Keep the masses dissatisfied - Charles Kettering, Vice President of General Motors:1925.

Man claims to have been on the moon; yet an engine for a motor vehicle cannot attained a 50% minimum efficiency or higher efficiency. Then there are asleep consumers that brag about their road-vehicles (that is non-special purpose) that struggle to achieve 8% efficiency on a good day. The worst thing is that many take time and money to lower the efficiency percentage. They deem others that value higher efficiencies are "boring" and "shameful. On the flip-side, the scientific and engineering community has a name for them. This is not to be confused as discrimination against motorsports/racing. That is special-purpose application.
great discourse by Trac, your approach is perfect for Engineering-oriented subscribers, it is great "re-learning" for us all...
of the two broad aspects of Thermodynamics, you seem to focus more on the statistical approach, which is the more detailed (so to speak),I personally do enjoy the way you share knowledge here...
trying to recall from the past,
a heat engine is not 100% efficient, a closed system must have a "sink" (the atmosphere, through the exhaust in this case) for it to accomplish a cycle...
in the S.I. engines, about 50% of energy in the fuel is lost through the exhaust,some 25% or more is used up by the radiator and other sub-systems in the engine, 25% is actually available to generate power...
since the turbine would make use of the exhaust's gases, I thought this would translate to proper harness of the lost energy provided by the fuel, thereby increasing the thermal efficiency of the system. i may have "aged" out on details, kindly straighten this out wrt your statement "the irreversibilities would have been completed"
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by yungboss(m): 12:49pm On Jan 02, 2014
Trac:

Thanks. I got it.
okay.
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by mexyk(m): 1:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
English pls undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by Trac: 3:24am On Jan 05, 2014
yungboss:
great discourse by Trac, your approach is perfect for Engineering-oriented subscribers, it is great "re-learning" for us all...
of the two broad aspects of Thermodynamics, you seem to focus more on the statistical approach, which is the more detailed (so to speak),I personally do enjoy the way you share knowledge here...
trying to recall from the past,
a heat engine is not 100% efficient, a closed system must have a "sink" (the atmosphere, through the exhaust in this case) for it to accomplish a cycle...
in the S.I. engines, about 50% of energy in the fuel is lost through the exhaust,some 25% or more is used up by the radiator and other sub-systems in the engine, 25% is actually available to generate power...
since the turbine would make use of the exhaust's gases, I thought this would translate to proper harness of the lost energy provided by the fuel, thereby increasing the thermal efficiency of the system. i may have "aged" out on details, kindly straighten this out wrt your statement "the irreversibilities would have been completed"

The appreciation is [much] welcomed.

You've mixed it up. It is a closed-system not an open-system. Your error is based on the fact that you have taken the area of concentration (system) as an open-system. It is not an open-system but a closed-system or controlled-mass system. In a closed-system, mass is fixed and no mass crosses [across] its boundaries. Only heat goes through the boundaries (a very important and fundamental fact to note).

Re: 50%, 25%, 25%! It does not subscribe to the Carnot's equation of efficiency. Which is based on the lone criterion; that is the working fluid. The heat-exchanger and exhaust references you have made has nothing to do with what we are discussing. Those are channels of heat-transfer (heat loss). A closed-system does not interface in the manner to which you stated. They are also sub-systems. They are sub-systems to keep the system to attain its intended objective. A Veyron has 12 heat-exchangers. Also, consider the M64/60T; the 911 air-cooled engine with its short exhaust channels. It sounds inappropriate from your open-system perspective. The main concern according to the Carnot’s efficiency principle has to do with the area of concentration; which is the closed-system. Anything else is to keep the system in continuous operation (that is auxiliary) and operating conditions.

The internal combustion engine is a Carnot Limited engine. A Carnot-limited engine with a hot exhaust. It will always be governed by the Carnot principle. The Carnot cycle unambiguously details that the efficiency cannot be higher than the highest temperature of the expansive medium minus the lowest temperature divided by the highest temperature.

That is E = [((Th – Tl) / (Th)) * 100]

We can practicalise our governing principle.

The highest temperature of the expansive medium or working fluid (Th) = 8
The lowest temperature of the expansive medium or working fluid (Tl) = 6

In substitution

E = [(( 8 – 6 ) / ( 8 ) * ( 100 )]
E= [(( 2/8 ) *( 100 )]
E = 25%

Another example with lower fluid temperature of 2

E = [(( 8 – 2 ) / ( 8 ) * ( 100 )]
E= [(( 6/8 ) *( 100 )]
E = 75%

Efficiency is higher as heat-loss is minimised.

As long as the expansive medium (working fluid/gas as it expands) operates between a high temperature and a low temperature, it will never exceed that efficiency (set up by Carnot). Never! Again, that is only in a perfect state; for it virtually possible. Meaning, it is best gotten of its reversiblilities (reversible process). When irreversibilites are factored in, the efficiency goes lower than what the governing Carnot efficiency theoretical value details. It is an intentional design. It is a general principle to all heat-engines. Remember, it is efficiency of the system not efficiency of the compressor. That's another episode entirely.

Reversible Process/Reversibility: it leaves no traces to its surroundings and reusuable. So it is reinstated to its original state at the end of its process. This is akin to the colloquially termed egg in the pingpong (table-tennis). This egg is struck against the bat to the negotiating portion of the table and the same process is repeated as the opposing player/s assert their position and return the egg in the same process in which it was initiated (striking the egg with the bat). This will continue till a side fails to return validly or the egg gets compromised.

Irreversible Process/Irreversibility: it leaves its traces everywhere (boundary surroundings). Thus, it cannot be restored to its initial state. In similitude, it is as taking an uncooked egg (raw egg in its shell) and striking it against the bat to the valid portion of the ping-pong table and expecting a corresponding transaction from your opponent. In the Carnot limited system we are discussing, the core is friction (as motion is opposed) and heat transfer. Friction in this case is appropriate but the heat-losses shouldn’t be.

From the expressed principle above, the less heat-loss through the system, higher overall efficiency. This will require the block be done completely different than what we have been accustomed to. As long as you can contain the heat within its boundaries, the higher the efficiency of that system will be. The compressor functions after all irreversibilites has been completed. It is not part of the initial surrounding. Above all, irreversibilities are gone and cannot be harnessed again for work.

The only way to use a compressor to increase the efficiency is not by turbocharging. It is totally different in its applied engineering and will give you no more than 40% efficiency. It's complicated that I can't discuss that. Partly because I am not learned on it and I don't have the resources and time or interest for it. It has nothing to do with the reactor I'm focusing on. As far as I know, it's not used in production vehicles and has never been. It is also standard industry practice; so nothing is mysterious about it. It can be used in the automotive application.

2 Likes

Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by lourash(m): 9:14am On Jan 05, 2014
Nice and educative arguments... Makes me go back to my books
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by gbonsalifus(m): 9:56am On Jan 05, 2014
icemann:

If its more economical then my friend why haven't car companies adapting this technology in their cars?

So you want blog traffic by putting spin on a simple definition. Don't let me spoil your garri.

your question clearly shows that u are not conversant with the auto industry. The last decade has experienced a steady drop in engine power and top speed for cars (sedan and estates mostly) as emphasis is laid on safety rating. You'll see that most sedans droped their 2.x liter engines for 2.0L engines and we have more 1.8 and 1.6L engines in main stream mid size and compact sedans. So, why would u think people will use turbos that are used to boost power when they actually want to reduce power. And if the only cars u are conversant with are Honda and Toyota cars, then ur answer is they dont use turbos because they dont make high performance cars.
I just did u the favour of this answer for others who would want to know. Next time when u want to know stuff, ask properly.
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by gbonsalifus(m): 10:11am On Jan 05, 2014
Ikenna351:

For anyone to say turbo engine is more economical to run than NA engine is laughable. Sometimes, you guys really need to drop those your books and get practical.

Back then in Awka, our Peugeot 504 GL propeller shaft failed and also damaged the input spline of the rear differential. While a mechanic was replacing them, a friend came, who was in 400 level, Mechanical Engineering. He pointed at a long pipe and asked me what it was. I told him it was Propeller Shaft. The guy said no, that i was wrong. That it wouldn't be the propeller shaft of the car. I asked why would he say so. He said the drawings of propeller shaft in his books all had fan on one end and bla bla bla. Even when he left, the mechanic who was silent and looked confused all those while the argument was going on asked me " So, is this what they teach you guys in Schools?"

Before, Peugeot turbo engines suffered from cracked cylinder heads, compared to their NA engines. I don't know if the problem has been corrected in their modern turbo engines.

Generally, cost of running turbo engine is higher than that of Naturally Aspirited engine, of the same number of cylinders.

Ikenna.

Very unfortunate explanation of economy.
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by gbonsalifus(m): 10:18am On Jan 05, 2014
Ikenna351:

He said "more economical ", and not "more efficient ". They are two different things in automobile, as far as am concerned.

Ikenna

Ikenna, a thing costs about $500 one time investment and saves u like 1 liter each time u fill ur fuel tank for 2 year. Wouldn't u say that's economical? Must u say something?
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by gbonsalifus(m): 10:24am On Jan 05, 2014
icemann:

And if it is driven by a belt it is called what?

In that case they will be called superchargers not turbochargers
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 05, 2014
gbonsalifus:

In that case they will be called superchargers not turbochargers

Spot-on.
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 05, 2014
gbonsalifus:

Ikenna, a thing costs about $500 one time investment and saves u like 1 liter each time u fill ur fuel tank for 2 year. Wouldn't u say that's economical? Must u say something?

This would depend on how long the said vehicle is owned. Some owners change their vehicles annually, some every 3 years (lease cars, company cars etc). In these cases, there'll be little or no savings to be made.

If the vehicle is owned for 5 years and beyond, then yes, there's a sense of economics there.
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 05, 2014
dgitrader: Is vectra b 1995 v6 model turbor charged??
Also if the 'S' button is turbo, what will that of manual stick shifts be like??

The Opel / Vauxhall Vectra 2.5 V6 is NOT turbocharged. The S position on the auto shift is "Sport" mode. If S is selected, the car can be driven more aggressively. The engine rpm will hit the redline before upshifting, allowing the engine's output to be exploited fully, though at the expense of gas mileage.

In Sport mode, downshifts also occur later.

The manual transmission is a more conventional set-up.
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by Ikenna351(m): 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
gbonsalifus:

I still don't understand why someone who have different opinion cant state his/her opinion without throwing insult. Probably you are having a bad day. But next time you attack me in this manner with your last statement in the above quoted post for no just cause, I will embarrass you.

Ikenna
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by Ikenna351(m): 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
A Nigerian will tell you it is cheaper to fuel petrol cars in Nigeria than Diesel cars, simply because Petrol cost less than Diesel on the pump. Yet, by the time the Diesel guy finish using up 3k Diesel, the petrol guy must have spent about 6k in fueling his car, when the two are giving the same distance and vehicles in good shape. So am not surprised why some members here are arguing which one (N/A & Turbo engine) is more economical, based only on fueling/fuel consumption.

How economical a car is can be determined by true cost of owing the car, after 100,000 km. It means cost of fueling, repairs, etc. Ask those that have used Peugeot 406 2.2 L HDI (DW12 TED4) turbo-Diesel engine & Peugeot with Naturally Aspirated XUD11 A (2.1 L) Diesel engine. They will tell you how sweet it is to drive with the 2.2 L turbo-Diesel version, but won't hesitate to state the high cost of running the turbo version against the N/A. Power doesnt come cheap. Whatever that is boosting that additional power will fail someday and will need to be replaced, unlike the N/A engine that runs naturally.

The more gadgets in a car, the more complex the system becomes. Meaning more headache to troubleshoot and repair when something eventually goes wrong, which is bound to happen. That a Hybrid car is fuel efficient doesnt make it most economical to run. Because by the time you replace the failed batter (which is bound to happen someday) with 700k or more, i don't think you will remember all the fuel it has been saving for you.

A lot of turbo-charged car owners have lost their cylinder heads simply because they over boosted the damn thing when they shouldnt. That's the cost of running a turbo-charged car. For some, you must wait before the turbo guage on the instrument panel gives you go ahead to push the car hard, or you end up with a dead turbo or dead engine. There are Do's and donts with turbo-charged cars that if not adhered to, could lead to drain wallet. Thats the cost of running turbo cars.

Of course, I would take an I4 turbo-charged car, which i have already planned to. But not because it's more economical to run than the N/A I4. Just like I chose V6 over N/A I4, even though I know N/A I4 is more economical.

Power doesnt come cheap.

Ikenna
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by yungboss(m): 10:58am On Jan 06, 2014
Trac:

The appreciation is [much] welcomed.

You've mixed it up. It is a closed-system not an open-system. Your error is based on the fact that you have taken the area of concentration (system) as an open-system. It is not an open-system but a closed-system or controlled-mass system. In a closed-system, mass is fixed and no mass crosses [across] its boundaries. Only heat goes through the boundaries (a very important and fundamental fact to note).

Re: 50%, 25%, 25%! It does not subscribe to the Carnot's equation of efficiency. Which is based on the lone criterion; that is the working fluid. The heat-exchanger and exhaust reference you have made has nothing to do with what we are discussing. Those are channels of heat-transfer (heat loss). A closed-system does not interface in the manner to which you stated. They are also sub-systems. They are sub-systems to keep the system to attain its intended objective. A Veyron has 12 heat-exchangers. Also, consider the M64/60T; the 911 air-cooled engine with its short exhaust channels. It sounds inappropriate from your open-system perspective. The main concern according to the Carnot’s efficiency principle has to do with the area of concentration; which is the closed-system. Anything else is to keep the system in continuous operation (that is auxiliary) and operating conditions.

The internal combustion engine is a Carnot Limited engine. A Carnot-limited engine with a hot exhaust. It will always be governed by the Carnot principle. The Carnot cycle unambiguously details that the efficiency cannot be higher than the highest temperature of the expansive medium minus the lowest temperature divided by the highest temperature.

That is E = [((Th – Tl) / (Th)) * 100]

We can practicalise our governing principle.

The highest temperature of the expansive medium or working fluid (Th) = 8
The lowest temperature of the expansive medium or working fluid (Tl) = 6

In substitution

E = [(( 8 – 6 ) / ( 8 ) * ( 100 )]
E= [(( 2/8 ) *( 100 )]
E = 25%

Another example with lower fluid temperature of 2

E = [(( 8 – 2 ) / ( 8 ) * ( 100 )]
E= [(( 6/8 ) *( 100 )]
E = 75%

Efficiency is higher as heat-loss is minimised.

As long as the expansive medium (working fluid/gas as it expands) operates between a high temperature and a low temperature, it will never exceed that efficiency (set up by Carnot). Never! Again, that is only in a perfect state; for it virtually possible. Meaning, it is best gotten of its reversiblilities (reversible process). When irreversibilites are factored in, the efficiency goes lower than what the governing Carnot efficiency theoretical value details. It is an intentional design. It is a general principle to all heat-engines. Remember, it is efficiency of the system not efficiency of the compressor. That's another episode entirely.

Reversible Process/Reversibility: it leaves no traces to its surroundings and reusuable. So it is reinstated to its original state at the end of its process. This is akin to the colloquially termed egg in the pingpong (table-tennis). This egg is struck against the bat to the negotiating portion of the table and the same process is repeated as the opposing player/s assert their position and return the egg in the same process in which it was initiated (striking the egg with the bat). This will continue till a side fails to return validly or the egg gets compromised.

Irreversible Process/Irreversibility: it leaves its traces everywhere (boundary surroundings). Thus, it cannot be restored to its initial state. In similitude, it is as taking an uncooked egg (raw egg in its shell) and striking it against the bat to the valid portion of the ping-pong table and expecting a corresponding transaction from your opponent. In the Carnot limited system we are discussing, the core is friction (as motion is opposed) and heat transfer. Friction in this case is appropriate but the heat-losses shouldn’t be.

From the expressed principle above, the less heat-loss through the system, higher overall efficiency. This will require the block be done completely different than what we have been accustomed to. As long as you can contain the heat within its boundaries, the higher the efficiency of that system will be. The compressor functions after all irreversibilites has been completed. It is not part of the initial surrounding. Above all, irreversibilities are gone and cannot be harnessed again for work.

The only way to use a compressor to increase the efficiency is not by turbocharging. It is totally different in its applied engineering and will give you no more than 40% efficiency. It's complicated that I can't discuss that. Partly because I am not learned on it and I don't have the resources and time or interest for it. It has nothing to do with the reactor I'm focusing on. As far as I know, it's not used in production vehicles and has never been. It is also standard industry practice; so nothing is mysterious about it. It can be used in the automotive application.
thanks for the clarification Trac,
of a truth, in a closed system masses do not transact with the surrounding only heat...
now I understand the cycle completes before the centrifugal pump (turbo) kicks in...(I think I need to go back to my books,lol)...
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by gbonsalifus(m): 1:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ikenna351:

I still don't understand why someone who have different opinion cant state his/her opinion without throwing insult. Probably you are having a bad day. But next time you attack me in this manner with your last statement in the above quoted post for no just cause, I will embarrass you.

Thanks for the warning. But u understand right? And, No embarrassment online, feel free.

Ikenna
Re: What Is A Turbo Charged Engine? by Trac: 3:49am On Jan 10, 2014
lourash: Nice and educative arguments... Makes me go back to my books

It's good motivation smiley

yungboss:
thanks for the clarification Trac,
of a truth, in a closed system masses do not transact with the surrounding only heat...
now I understand the cycle completes before the centrifugal pump (turbo) kicks in...(I think I need to go back to my books,lol)...

Anytime! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money / How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. / Six Ways To Kill Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.