Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:48 PM

When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American (3813 Views)

Black American Relocating To Nigeria / Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! / Europe To Hussle(naija Boy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 30, 2008
The day i will travel outside of this country, Nigga! i am nolonger a nigerian. Am gonnabe a black american for real. You got what am saying. Am gonnabe representation of the black american and nolonger a nigerian till when am gonnabe back. The reason is that i have the spirit of a black, making me act like a black american, sometimes i just feel i am mistaken to be born in nigeria. My accent is 100% black american english. When i speak, you would be surprize because it just like the way they talk. And when i dress, more like it, you would think i am just coming back from new york.
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by Gamine(f): 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2008
who is this foolish chile undecided undecided
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2008
but will the black americans accept u with ur heavily accented naija slangs, oh boy u go dey shocked.
be true to urself,always be urself
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by TheSly: 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2008
bigmodo:

The day i will travel outside of this country, Nigga! i am nolonger a nigeria. Imma be a black american for real. You got what i mean. Imma be a representation of the black american and nolonger a nigeria till when I'm going to be back. The reason is because of the bad reputation yall nigerians that given to the outside world.
Be what u want to be jor!

grin ; grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2008
Even as at now, when i speak you gon think Imma going to a black american.
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by HCH3COO: 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2008
grin cheesy grin I don die o poster.
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:19pm On Jul 30, 2008
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
o ma se oh
See wetin poverty dey do Nigeria - e don dey eat boys opolo
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by Sammy107d(m): 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2008
and you were saying something about the people responsible for the spoilt reputation
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by bunmii(f): 7:26pm On Jul 30, 2008
good luck jare,  grin grin grin
but one thing what do you stand to gain by pretendin to be a black american?
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by SeanT21(f): 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2008
Good Luck and Hve Fun.
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by Cch3coo: 7:46pm On Jul 30, 2008
bigmodo:

The day i will travel outside of this country, Nigga! i am nolonger a nigeria. Imma be a black american for real. You got what i mean. Imma be a representation of the black american and nolonger a nigeria till when I'm going to be back. The reason is because of the bad reputation yall nigerians that given to the outside world.

There is a rude awakening awaiting you soon [that is if you even succeed in your quest to leave Naija]. Only someone who has never been abroad would come up with such crap.
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by Feministic(f): 9:02pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ post

As an American born Nigerian, I can tell you this:

even we, that are born here, are treated differently since we are Africans
even if you don't see it they do, it's all on how they take it.

eg: My mother's friend's son was with some America friends when they we were pulled over and searched, on of his friends had a car that was eventually linked to a robbery that had happend a week before, of course they all initially went to jail and when the court date came all of the american boys insisted that it was "that african kid's" gun, no lie. Only through more testing and interrogation was he proven innocent.

That's not all, I live in a small state but even here the stories of Nigerian boys being arrested, killed, etc due to actions that are not their own and the whole "gang up" in court thing is quite common cry

I hate to say it, but thank goodness I had a "crazy african mother" who could always scout out the "bad ones" before I could and gave me a curfew of 6 o'clock, I now a "sixth sense" when it comes to trouble LOL, but I think that most american born nigerians may have been raised this way, am i right?
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by tpia: 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2008
black american ko, black Nigerian ni.
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by PapaBrowne(m): 10:46pm On Jul 30, 2008
Cch3coo:

There is a rude awakening awaiting you soon [that is if you even succeed in your quest to leave Naija]. Only someone who has never been abroad would come up with such crap.
I second that. A very rude awakening awaits the bobo and that is if he gets 2 leave 9ja.

Besides, who said Black Americans have a better reputation. Majority still carry with them slavish mentality.Thats why it's taken an African(Obama) to be the first Black president.

Asides, I think poster's got a huge sense of humor. He's gotta be kidding.
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by LadyT(f): 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2008
Deportation will be your portion if you do not learn decent english.

angry
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by sayhi2ay(m): 11:26pm On Jul 30, 2008
no mind the guy, when you get here, you'll see that that supposed "English" you want to start speaking is not even accepted in a decent environment,

and that English is even like our own broken english, its what they formulated, though its accepted, notice that black americans working in an office environment, take for example CNN, dont speak that kind of English, else you'd be booted out, because you hear it in movies doesn't mean you want to speak it here and be successful
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by ikamefa(f): 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2008
na wah oh !  shocked  @ topic  this is supposed to be a joke right?

all this amma,  g o nn a   for wetin?  grin grin grin grin

travel 1st na !

oniyeye!  grin grin grin grin 

you neffa leave house sef , you don dey suffer from misplaced identity syndrome!  *  grin *
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by sayhi2ay(m): 11:36pm On Jul 30, 2008
ikamefa:

na wah oh ! shocked @ topic this is supposed to be a joke right?

all this amma, g o nn a for wetin? grin grin grin grin

travel 1st !

oniyeye! grin grin grin grin

you neffa leave house sef , you don dey suffer from misplaced identity syndrome! * grin *

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by Nwaka77: 3:19am On Jul 31, 2008
ikamefa:

travel 1st na !

you neffa leave house sef , you don dey suffer from misplaced identity syndrome! * grin *

He He He he He He grin grin grin
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by Joseph6(m): 3:36am On Jul 31, 2008
according to the poster that daywhen u leave 4 USA has not come yet and it wld remain dat way till u come bak 2 ur senses, maybe ur'e six dats why u're sayin arrant nonsense as this
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 31, 2008
hahahahahhaa

funny thread.

rotflmao
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by TheJoker1(m): 3:57am On Jul 31, 2008
@ Poster,
Brain damage, please see a doctor urgently for thorough examination to avoid total madness. sorry ehn!
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by smile4kenn(m): 4:52am On Jul 31, 2008
wtf
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by marydre: 8:59am On Jul 31, 2008
But you all should no bigmodo by now, always funny with all his post of traveling out. This should be his latest idea if he eventually gets his pali grin grin grin
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 31, 2008
funny thread grin
my dear no matter where u go,
wouldn't change ur country
of birth
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by Gonorrhea(m): 9:08am On Jul 31, 2008
@poster

be whoever you wanna be, no one gives a bending f.uck!
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by naijadiva2(f): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ poster

like that's any better. if you wanted to claim another nationality at least claim something that would give you benefits. *shakes head*
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by chiogo(f): 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2008
Pheww, this poster is funny!

Anywayz, it's ur own beeswax if u choose to be a black American but one cannot become a black American overnight, you become one by birth.

Like someone said, I hope ur accent is welcoming Cuz lemme tell u, whites would accept ur accent faster than AAs would. And I'm not joking, it's a fact! Besides, AAs have their own disadvantages here in the States. There's still discrimination against them at work places. So, it's ur own headache.
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by nana(f): 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2008
LMAO! grin *Dead*
LadyT:

Deportation will be your portion if you do not learn decent english.

angry
ikamefa:

travel 1st na !

Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by 8ball(m): 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2008
Joseph6:

according to the poster that daywhen u leave 4 USA has not come yet and it would remain that way till u come bak 2 your senses, maybe your'e six that is why u're sayin arrant nonsense as this

I couldn't agree more.Some people are so funny that the word funny itself pales in their comparism.
@ poster
You would not only denigrate yo yourself in this quest but yo familyand indeed all that they may come to represent .Ny way,we can all surmise here, with your ambitions apparent,why Nigerians in diaspora av been branded with bad names.
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by omega25red(m): 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2008
grin grin grin grin

funny post i guess it's true that ignorance is bliss

When you leave naija you would be so busy working and trying to survive that you wouldn't even have the time to be a poser
Re: When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American by Ezinwannem: 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2008
hahah@poster, when u leave huh, wait until u leave 1st because itz gonna be a different ball game. Black American ko, Black American ni

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Quick Visa To Cyprus / Top 5 Underwater Hotel In The World(number 5 Will Shock You) / Info On Barbados Travel(visa Free To Nigerians)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.