Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,463 members, 7,781,338 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:40 PM

Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City (25781 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Don’t Sign For Chelsea, Abuja Fans Tell Eaglets / Iheanacho To Join U20 AYC Final Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by shawwal1(m): 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
FIFA U17 World Cup MVP Kelechi Iheanacho has left the Super Eagles camp to finalise his move to EPL side Manchester City.

Iheanacho, 17, had earlier favoured a move to Portuguese champions FC Porto before a family meeting decided he take up an offer from Manchester City.

Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has approved the departure of the youngster after his father, James Iheanacho, personally put a call to him on Monday afternoon requesting the release of his son for the trip to England.

“Initially, a young man came declaring that he was the agent of Iheanacho, but I declined to deal with him until I heard from the family because the boy is still a minor,” Keshi said.

“It was soon after my rejection that I got a call from his father who told me that they have got a visa to the United Kingdom and that I should oblige him with his son’s release. I did and told the young man to go and do the nation proud at whichever club he finally chooses to settle down with”.

Iheanacho has shone in Eagles training ahead of next year’s CHAN and Keshi described him as a talented player, but warned that the player should be handled professionally to reach the height of his career.
www.mtnfootball.com/africa/nigeria/news/2013/dec/16-iheanacho-quits-eagles-for-manchester-city.html

10 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by shawwal1(m): 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
Wishing Him the best in his professional career!

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by weazley(m): 7:35pm On Dec 16, 2013
na wa ooh
#modified
I read somwhere yesterday that he has been sent to ghana by man.shitty to earn more caps,
His father's longthroat is going kill dis boys career,
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by dotcomnamename: 7:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
Mr James Iheanacho finally achieved destroying his son's life because of money. See wetin poverty dey cause for 9ja. Why Man City?
Man City where he would not even guarantee second team not to talk of first team? Should have go for Arsenal that still want him or FC Porto that still want him.

You go sleep for bench tire

Front page pls

21 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by oluboyo04(m): 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
his father is his co-agent

3 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by luvablesam(m): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Mr James Iheanacho finally achieved destroying his son's life because of money. See wetin poverty dey cause for 9ja. Why Man City?
Man City where he would not even guarantee second team not to talk of first team? Should have go for Arsenal that still want him or FC Porto that still want him.

You go sleep for bench tire

Front page pls
Same thing happened to maculay chrisantus....he just disappered after he signed for a big club in germany after the 2007 U17 World Cup

5 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
Good intentions bad decisions

7 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by safarigirl(f): 10:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
Nigerians, please keep the faith. Man City may not be an ideal team, but it's a team still.

Iheanacho was brilliant at the U-17 level and according to what we've heard, he didn't disappear when confronted with the home-based team so just believe that his star won't dim even in Man City.

Keshi gave him his consent to leave camp, so I believe he'll keep watching his growth and there's still a chance he'll play for the Super Eagles.

Sha sha, moving on....Go AWONIYI!!!

9 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by dotcomnamename: 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
safarigirl: Nigerians, please keep the faith. Man City may not be an ideal team, but it's a team still.

Iheanacho was brilliant at the U-17 level and according to what we've heard, he didn't disappear when confronted with the home-based team so just believe that his star won't dim even in Man City.

Keshi gave him his consent to leave camp, so I believe he'll keep watching his growth and there's still a chance he'll play for the Super Eagles.

Sha sha, moving on....Go AWONIYI!!!

8 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Bobbycharlton(m): 11:06pm On Dec 16, 2013
Wish him all the best but his father should not spoil the budding talent of his son

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by melicent: 11:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
The beginning of failure
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by safarigirl(f): 12:27am On Dec 17, 2013
Don't be quick to judge, he just may avoid drowning, he can always transfer to another club if Man City doesn't favor him. I'm pissed as hell at the decision cuz I REALLY wanted him to show his stuff at CHAN, but I'm trying desperately to look on the bright side here
melicent: The beginning of failure
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 17, 2013
Nwakali should be invited to take Iheanacho's place

Chidiebere Nwakali is a very very good footballer

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by dotcomnamename: 5:51am On Dec 17, 2013
Anyway, he should come buy his domain name from me KelechiIheanacho.com abi na only him won shop Man City money? sad

12 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by safarigirl(f): 7:21am On Dec 17, 2013
Don't you think it's a little late to invite him? Iheanacho will be replaced by one of the 6 reserved players
mikeansy: Nwakali should be invited to take Iheanacho's place

Chidiebere Nwakali is a very very good footballer

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by jayAjoku(m): 7:32am On Dec 17, 2013
ds op u just cme copy ma post. grin grin
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 9:47am On Dec 17, 2013
I dunno why people think this guy will fail at City,though City might not be the best club in managing young players but I think its good for him,facing tougher challenges from now will only boost his confidence in the future.It would have been a disaster for him to be a bench warmer in Porto just like Rabiu when he was in Lisbon.All he needs his our support and I wish him success.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by dotcomnamename: 10:01am On Dec 17, 2013
striker9: I dunno why people think this guy will fail at City,though City might not be the best club in managing young players but I think its good for him,facing tougher challenges from now will only boost his confidence in the future.It would have been a disaster for him to be a bench warmer in Porto just like Rabiu when he was in Lisbon.All he needs his our support and I wish him success.

Your name is striker9, why don't you go join City and lets see if you will conquer?

4 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 10:23am On Dec 17, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Your name is striker9, why don't you go join City and lets see if you will conquer?
What has that got to do with the topic.Abeg fade!

10 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Sohot1(m): 10:28am On Dec 17, 2013
Chai.....I dont know Y I feel its gonna be well with him no matter where he chooses to go.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by dotcomnamename: 10:52am On Dec 17, 2013
striker9: What has that got to do with the topic.Abeg fade!

Striker9 lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by joseph1013: 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
He only took a leave of absence to sign the contract. He'll be back!
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by naijanoni(m): 1:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
joseph1013: He only took a leave of absence to sign the contract. He'll be back!
He'll be back as a manchester city player,hence ineligible to play for d eagles at CHAN.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Striker9 lipsrsealed

I'm not Iheanacho dude.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by melicent: 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
We are going to see how he is going to end. The guy he is not even ripe for super eagles. Well Good luck to him.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by joseph1013: 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
naija noni:
He'll be back as a manchester city player,hence ineligible to play for d eagles at CHAN.

Nope, he just took a leave of absence to sign a contract. According to reports from Keshi, he'll ensure that the contract does not commence until the end of the CHAN competition.

You see, he's not stupid afterall.

If you watch the training at the Camp, you will be amazed at the talent of this boy. His deft touches, accurate passes, ability to evade markers, initiate counter-attacks and immense creativity is a joy to behold.

Mark my words, a football legend is here.

6 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Theben(m): 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
striker9: I dunno why people think this guy will fail at City,though City might not be the best club in managing young players but I think its good for him,facing tougher challenges from now will only boost his confidence in the future.It would have been a disaster for him to be a bench warmer in Porto just like Rabiu when he was in Lisbon.All he needs his our support and I wish him success.
On the contrary, his decision to move to Man City would grossly dent his confidence. Most of the players there are better and he would mostly be overlooked.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by tobpel2: 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
Lobatan

Man City to send Iheanacho to Ghana

But technocrats like Victor Ikpeba repeatedly
fumed against Iheanacho moving to ManCity as
offers came from Porto in Portugal. Ikpeba said
that the young player was being misled, arguing
that he had a better chance of playing first team
football in Portugal and developing in the
Portuguese league than moving to England where
it may take him a long time to find his feet.
Iheanacho’s family and agents did not heed
Ikpeba’s advice. But with the latest development
Ikpeba appears vindicated.
ManCity plan to enroll Iheanacho into their
academy in Ghana where he will wait until he
earns enough caps to qualify for a work permit.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
Theben:
On the contrary, his decision to move to Man City would grossly dent his confidence. Most of the players there are better and he would mostly be overlooked.
Let's wait and see,don't you think Porto has got great players too?y'all don't know what might also happen to him at Porto,he might be benched.Don't judge just yet.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Clemzy16(m): 11:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
I'm happy for him but i hope he doesn't end up like mikel.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Bigking101: 12:01am On Dec 18, 2013
Good
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by ojerrie(m): 12:02am On Dec 18, 2013
NEW FOOTBALL CLUB TRIALS IN PORTUGAL - 21ST JANUARY 2014 - FOR NIGERIAN PLAYERS
For full details go to: www.prosportivo..com
Contacts -:
BBPin: 26DA1009
Email: gohcome@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Real Madrid Signs Ferland Mendy / NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion / Obituary: Burial Poster Of Christian Jacob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.