Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Advice Needed On Car Issue-urgent - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed On Car Issue-urgent (644 Views)

Mechanics And The Pranks They Play On Car Owners. Share Your Experience / Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Car Issue-urgent by pragmatistm(m): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
I need your candid advice nairalanders. I went with an agent (he is actually my next flat neighbour) to Cotonou to purchase my car, a Nissan primera 2000, on Tuesday last week. We paid for the car and handled the job of clearing out of Cotonou to another man whom my agent always uses for his clearing. We returned to our base at Ilaro ogun state for my agent to return the following day and bring the car. [size=16pt]He returned and as they were bringing the car before getting out of Benin republic to Nigerian border, the car's engine knocked. They later discovered that the engine oil filter was not well fitted and that was why engine oil leaked out of the engine causing the engine to knock[/size].

Now, my agent said I should contribute N30,000 and he would contribute N30,000 (making N60,000) to purchase new engine. Please advice me. [size=16pt]Can't we go back and lodge a complaint to the white man that sold the car to us about the poor work his mechanic did on the oil filter and seek for some compensation to buy a new engine?[/size] My agent is advising me against this move that nothing good will come out of it. What do you think people?

Moderators, please help me with front page. Thanks.
Re: Advice Needed On Car Issue-urgent by santakris(m): 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2013
My friend, look for money and fix ur car. Those white guys are coronically sturbon. Once u paid for ur goods no refund. From experience.
Re: Advice Needed On Car Issue-urgent by abatically(m): 10:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
Op, what u are planning to do would probably be a fruitless effort. Those people are well organised, moreover no warranty on used car, since the car was working well before it left their garage, u don't have a case. It even becomes more difficult since it was bought outside of Nigeria. Look for money and fix ur car.
Re: Advice Needed On Car Issue-urgent by pragmatistm(m): 2:32am On Dec 17, 2013
@santakri
and @abatically thanks for your comments.

Im still open to more comments.

(1) (Reply)

Jerking Car / New Serial List / Airtel Fraudulent Deductions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.