Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,845 members, 7,806,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Mile One Market Port Harcourt In Flames. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mile One Market Port Harcourt In Flames. (1893 Views)

Watch Horrific Video Of Man Burnt As Bus Caught Up In Flames In Calabar / Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) / Dangote Truck Runs Into Cars, Burst Into Flames In Asaba, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mile One Market Port Harcourt In Flames. by Jehdorb(m): 5:30am On Dec 17, 2013
The famous Mile One Market in Mile One Diobu Port Harcourt is now in flames following a fire out-break which started in the early hours of today. Some of those wth whom I spoke at the scene said the fire may have started around 1 a.m. or 2 a.m. While a host of others denied having any knowledge about when it started.
However, when I arrived at scene of the incident by 3:40 a.m., the rampaging fire had mercilessly gutted a large portion of the market. Though some fire fighters from the Rivers State Fire Service whose office is situated still at Mile One under the flyover were present as at press time. The fire seem to have surpassed their skill and equipment as the fire (with multiple explosions ) gradually and steadily kept moving to other parts of the market and buildings along the Ikwerre rd. With thousands of traders, sympathizers and onlookers flooded everywhere, loud outbursts of cry are heard here and there. Some traders were rushed to the hospital for medical attention upon arrivng just to discover that their shops and goods have have been razed down... To worsen the situation, a driver who stole someone's car loaded with goods while trying to escape from the police patrol van ran over a boy whose chances of survival is very slim. Its indeed a sad day!
For Nairaland PH, Jehdorb, Reporting.

Re: Mile One Market Port Harcourt In Flames. by homealone2(m): 6:02am On Dec 17, 2013
Witness it live, what a horrendous experience. R.I.P to the dead
Re: Mile One Market Port Harcourt In Flames. by Jehdorb(m): 6:06am On Dec 17, 2013
home alone: Witness it live, what a horrendous experience. R.I.P to the dead
Its terrible...
Re: Mile One Market Port Harcourt In Flames. by Josab4life: 8:33am On Dec 17, 2013
3rd on d line! Why must it be of every Year December that 1 major market in ph would be gutted by fire? If its not mile, its mile 3 or borokiri, hope its not a ritual thing
Re: Mile One Market Port Harcourt In Flames. by Jehdorb(m): 9:09am On Dec 17, 2013
Dat's one question on the minds of many awaiting an answer...
Re: Mile One Market Port Harcourt In Flames. by daggy1987: 9:50am On Dec 17, 2013
Nobody died I was dere..help as much people as I can..
Re: Mile One Market Port Harcourt In Flames. by Jehdorb(m): 10:58am On Dec 17, 2013
daggy1987: Nobody died I was dere..help as much people as I can..
Note: my report does not contain any such information. Rather, I said d boy hit by d car has slim chances of survival... Besides, wat part of d market were you in your asistance of others?
Re: Mile One Market Port Harcourt In Flames. by esqtony: 11:34am On Dec 17, 2013
This sort of thing takes the nation 2 steps backward economically. Fortunes wasted.
Re: Mile One Market Port Harcourt In Flames. by TrishaP(f): 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
I saw it this morning. It was a Terrible one. Goods and shops were burnt to ashes. God help and provide for those that lost everything.

(1) (Reply)

Official Nl Christmas eve/carol Thread...yipee it christmass!!! / Nigeria's Hairy Lady, Queen, Speaks About Her Rare Condition / Govt Houses Costlier Than Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.