Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,451 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:36 PM

APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan (1723 Views)

NASS Crisis: What Buhari Told APC Reps At The Meeting / Soldiers Stop APC Reps Candidate From Leaving His Home / Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Manchidede(m): 6:01am On Dec 17, 2013
Minority Leader of the House, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila
The All Progressives Congress caucus in the House of Representatives on Monday said that it had “enough grounds” to initiate impeachment proceedings against President Goodluck Jonathan but that was not in a hurry to do so.
The APC caucus said the time was not yet ripe to initiate impeachment against the President.
Minority Leader of the House, who is also the APC leader in the House, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, told The PUNCH that neither the caucus nor the entire National Assembly needed a directive from the APC national leadership to impeach the President.
He said lawmakers would monitor the President for now, hoping that he would amend his ways by addressing the allegations raised by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in his controversial letter.
Gbajabiamila said, “As for impeachment, there are enough grounds for impeachment of the President.
“The constitution says you need only one ground, but we have more than one ground already. So, the party (APC) does not have to give us a directive to impeach the President.
“Nobody wants to impeach the President, but we will continue to study the situation to see whether he will sit up.”
He added that the opposition was watching the Peoples Democratic Party closely to see whether it would impeach any of the five governors who defected to the APC recently.
“Particularly interesting is the case of Rivers State. We want to see how they will use five legislators to impeach a governor in that state,” he stated.
Gbajabiamila said the “opposition will respond in the most appropriate manner” should any of the defected governors lose their seat.
When contacted, the PDP caucus in the House warned that it would resist any move to discuss the impeachment of Jonathan at the House.
Deputy Majority Leader, Mr. Leo Ogor, described such as “wishful thinking.”
He argued that the National Assembly would not contemplate impeaching the President because “one external group” said it should do so.
“Their call is even based on inconsequential issues that negate the spirit of the 1999 Constitution,” he said.
Ogor noted that Jonathan was elected by Nigerians, who could also opt to “impeach” him by refusing to return him to the Presidency in 2015.
Investigations showed that there was no formal communication between the national leadership of the APC and its members in the National Assembly on the issue.
Findings revealed that most APC lawmakers got to know of the directive to impeach Jonathan from the publication of the statement by their interim National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Lai Mohammed, in some newspapers.
“Such a discussion has not taken place. We have not been contacted, or should I say, I am not aware. The party has not contacted us formally about the impeachment issue,” one APC member in the House confided in The PUNCH on Monday.
Meanwhile, the Chairman, Senate Committee on Rules and Business, Senator Ita Enang, on Monday said the Senate would not heed the call by the APC to commence impeachment proceedings against the President.
Enang warned the APC to “stop employing cheap blackmail to take over power through the back door.”
He said, “The National Assembly cannot heed the call of the APC or treat the content of former President Obasanjo’s letter.
“The letter from former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s letter was not addressed to the National Assembly.
“The issue of impeachment has not arisen. The issue of impeachment of the president has not at all arisen.”
NIGERIAN NEWS UPDATES
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Toktee(m): 6:06am On Dec 17, 2013
I love dis guy.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 17, 2013
Let him just attempt it and see. Does he think he has monopoly of wickedness?
Biafra is real.
Biafra is real.
Useless national assembly members that have not done Nigerians any good.

Is any bill these rascals have passed infavour of the masses of Nigeria.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Demdem(m): 7:45am On Dec 17, 2013
Basically, APC is telling Jonathan to sit up or be booted out.
I believe this is a good call.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 7:51am On Dec 17, 2013
Demdem: Basically, APC is telling Jonathan to sit up or be booted out.
I believe this is a good call.

The game plan is Rivers State. If few law makers in Rivers dare impeach Amaechi then few lawmakers in Abuja will impeach Jonathan since it is normal.

1 Like

Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by donphilopus: 8:38am On Dec 17, 2013
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by kokoA(m): 8:47am On Dec 17, 2013
Lol.. I love this grin "impeach any of our governors and face impeachment from us".. Gbam! This PDP vs APC movie is getting more interesting.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Mexyz(m): 8:55am On Dec 17, 2013
@Demdem, if he does not sit up, i guess you and your likes here would join your party to impeach the president. I will suggest you guys hurry up with the impeachment, since its that easy to impeach.

6 Likes

Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by princenonny(m): 8:58am On Dec 17, 2013
Apc supporters dream bigger than Joseph. What a cowardly and spineless party. Let them try it and see

3 Likes

Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by kokoA(m): 9:02am On Dec 17, 2013
princenonny: Apc supporters dream bigger than Joseph. What a cowardly and spineless party. Let them try it and see
What will happen?
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by donphilopus: 9:23am On Dec 17, 2013
kokoA: What will happen?
If that happens, he'll either kill himself, or commit suicide.

1 Like

Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by kokoA(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2013
donphilopus: If that happens, he'll either kill himself, or commit suicide.
don't mind him.. People just sit in the comfort of their rooms and issue empty threats over the internet. Inasmuchas I'd love GEJ to finish his tenure peacefully and leave or get voted out in 2015, I don't see anything wrong in the National Assembly carrying out their constitutional duty if there's a need to.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by samilo88(m): 9:50am On Dec 17, 2013
What are they smoking at APC.. Impeach a sitting president in Nigeria, commander in chief of the armed forces. You guys really need to wake up from your slumber.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by donphilopus: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2013
kokoA: don't mind him.. People just sit in the comfort of their rooms and issue empty threats over the internet. Inasmuchas I'd love GEJ to finish his tenure peacefully and leave or get voted out in 2015, I don't see anything wrong in the National Assembly carrying out their constitutional duty if there's a need to.
That's what we're actually saying! They're only threatening him, he won't be impeached, but be voted out.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by jmaine: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2013
We have been hearing about this GEJ impeachment since 2012. When are they going to grant their party their wish and impeach President GEJ

Talk is cheap.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by uzomagic(m): 10:00am On Dec 17, 2013
Gbajabiamila is just a class clown. He said they have enough grounds to impeach Jonathan. But they are watching events in Rivers state before taking that decision. The impeachment of jonathan and events in Rivers state are mutually exclusive.

If president Jonathan violated the constitution or has shown gross incompetence that could warrant impeachment, go ahead and impeach him. You don't have to wait for events in Rivers state to activate moves for his impeachment. but we all know that it's all about politics.

They just want to see Jonathan's back by hook or by crook. they can't wait for elections because they know it will be a tough call.
Very useless party-APC

4 Likes

Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by princenonny(m): 10:08am On Dec 17, 2013
donphilopus: If that happens, he'll either kill himself, or commit suicide.
when it happens you apc rats would die of convulsion cos u cant even handle the commontion that ensued when by conmon npdp dat were recognised by the house speaker and now u want to impeach the president. I wish you all goodluck grin grin grin grin grin
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Dollarman101: 10:09am On Dec 17, 2013
grin grin I'm laughing in Ibibio. So these guys just feel that they can just wake up to impeach Oga JONA after a round of SK and Alomo?
Who give GBAJIAMILA Igbo to smoke? Look at the way he is talking as if Impeachment is just a creed you can recite and Jonathan is off.

Shebi they talk say Femi na lawyer? Someone should return his law books to him so that he will read more about impeachment proceedings
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 17, 2013
Useless party with empty threat...stop talking and do it if u can.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Mandelaguy(m): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2013
Whoever talks about impeachment a year before Elections? It seems APC has come to accept the obvious reality that they will lose the elections in 2015 therefore a resort to impeachment moves against Jonathan.

The last time I checked, APC is still the minority party in NASS so what gives Femi Gbajabiamila the audacity to speak so bodly of impeachment?
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by jmaine: 10:15am On Dec 17, 2013
zegbeye: Useless party with empty threat...stop talking and do it if u can.

Simples
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Mekusnwa: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2013
This is the biggest joke of the centennary. Impeach Jonathan? For what? What grounds?
This is a president who is pioneering transformation in every facet of our national life. He has taken power reforms to another notch by Privatising power assets and upgrading the national grid. He is managing the economy well with all global indicators looking good while Nigeria has been placed in the JP Morgan's emerging markets. There is just no reason to impeach Jonathan. None.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Bukkyade: 10:29am On Dec 17, 2013
If I were a federal lawmaker, I will concern myself about passing all the essential bills that have been pending in that NASS. It's unfortunate that executive bills like National Health Bill, Petrouem Industry bill forwarded by the executive is yet to receive serious attention by the National Assembly. They are the ones who deserve to be recalled for abdicating he passage of PIB and exploiting the nations coffers through jumbo allowances
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by donphilopus: 10:31am On Dec 17, 2013
princenonny: when it happens you apc rats would die of convulsion cos u cant even handle the commontion that ensued when by conmon npdp dat were recognised by the house speaker and now u want to impeach the president. I wish you all goodluck grin grin grin grin grin
What's this one spewing??
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Arobam: 10:42am On Dec 17, 2013
uzomagic: Gbajabiamila is just a class clown. He said they have enough grounds to impeach Jonathan. But they are watching events in Rivers state before taking that decision. The impeachment of jonathan and events in Rivers state are mutually exclusive.

If president Jonathan violated the constitution or has shown gross incompetence that could warrant impeachment, go ahead and impeach him. You don't have to wait for events in Rivers state to activate moves for his impeachment. but we all know that it's all about politics.

They just want to see Jonathan's back by hook or by crook. they can't wait for elections because they know it will be a tough call.
Very useless party-APC

APC is a party of noisemakers. This Honourable Femi attended sitting yesterday without raising a motion for impeachment but has come to disturb our ear drums on the pages of newspaper. He knows he can't try it on the floor so the best option is to make noise and raise empty threats on the media. That was how they elected Ngige as Governor in the pages of nation newspaper and social media.

1 Like

Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 17, 2013
Lol, I can not stop laughing. Impeach one governor and we will impeach you. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Zutchy: 10:59am On Dec 17, 2013
10 Reasons why President Goodluck Jonathan should be impeached:

1. He has built a new General Aviation Terminal in Lagos and renovated other major Airport Terminals across Nigeria.
2. He has rehabilitated railway lines in Nigeria and therefore passengers now travel from Lagis-Kano by rail.
3. He has revoked the failed concessioned Lagos-Ibadan road and re awarded it to Julius Berger and they hve moved to site.
4. He has repaired Benin-Ore road, completed Owerri-Onitsha etc
5. He has used SURE P to revive the construction of Abuja-Lokoja road
6. He has reformed fertiliser distribution, launched cassava bread revolution and rice mills
7. He has completed work on 10 NIPP Power stations which were hitherto abandoned by his predecessors and PRIVATISED PHCN
8. He has launched the most viable and merit based job creation strategy- YOUWIN
9. He has increased education budget to over 400 B, built new universities, set up TETFUNDS, launched Almajiri schools, released 200b to ASUU
10. He has packaged PIB, SWF, NHB etc

Femi and his APC colleagues are a bunch of idiots!!!

5 Likes

Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by akoiarumodumg: 11:07am On Dec 17, 2013
APC has nothing to offer Nigerians, no be today we dey hear of impeachment. ...does it take only a minority APC to impeach? What are their basis for the self acclaimed impeachment? Let them make good laws to improve Nigeria and Nigerians and stop wasting their time in distracting Mr President.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Mallamabdul: 11:35am On Dec 17, 2013
Christmas is approaching so it's expected that the legislators will need to amass much wealth for the festive period.
That is why there is a call for impeaacment so as to make sure much money is gotten from lobbying.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by Demdem(m): 11:51am On Dec 17, 2013
Mexyz: @Demdem, if he does not sit up, i guess you and your likes here would join your party to impeach the president. I will suggest you guys hurry up with the impeachment, since its that easy to impeach.

Shut up.
Jonathan should sit up.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by fdigital(m): 11:57am On Dec 17, 2013
This is a treason able offence in some countries.
Re: APC Reps Set To Impeach Jonathan by ShineIt: 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
Who born mon.key? Make dem try na.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Goes Shopping In London With Four Companions / Oritsejafor Has Dragged Christianity Into The Mud – Bishop Kaigama / Audu Ogbe Leaked BBOG-APC Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.