Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. (8762 Views)

Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard / Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government / Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2013
Travelling is one of the most interesting hobbies/events that everybody likes, if not, is what majority like. Hence, experiencing new culture, sightening , meeting new people and feeling of atmosheric weather condition of other places are what make it very interesting.

However, inspite of all these interesting part, it could be so frustrating atimes as many people still hate sitting inside a car or plane for hours.. Anyways, some may still love it.

Feel free to share your experience. What is the most distanced (hrs) journey you've ever made, either on road or air ? Were you really comfortable with it? Do you like travelling on a long distance? smileysmiley smiley
Re: Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. by 4teelaw(f): 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
Lagos - New York via London, 24hours biological clock time!
I have also done Benin - Maiduguri, 2 days because I slept in Abuja, was able to enjoy the scenery of Jos, Kaduna, Bauchi, Yobe grin

Yer, in 2010, I was stranded in Spain during the infamous Ash Cloud (due to my own stubborness). I needed to be in London urgently, Heathrow was closed, no airline flew that route only Iberia, so I jumped on board, and ended up in Madrid for 2 days, no bath, no change of clothes! When Heathrow finally opened, I succumbed to sleep and missed the first flight to London. When we finally got to London, there was Eko market at the airport we had to sit on the floor waiting through passport control.

Looking back now, it was worth the experience, at least I have a story to tell. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 21, 2013
4teelaw: Lagos - New York via London, 24hours biological clock time!
I have also done Benin - Maiduguri, 2 days because I slept in Abuja, was able to enjoy the scenery of Jos, Kaduna, Bauchi, Yobe grin

Yer, in 2010, I was stranded in Spain during the infamous Ash Cloud (due to my own stubborness). I needed to be in London urgently, Heathrow was closed, no airline flew that route only Iberia, so I jumped on board, and ended up in Madrid for 2 days, no bath, no change of clothes! When Heathrow finally opened, I succumbed to sleep and missed the first flight to London. When we finally got to London, there was Eko market at the airport we had to sit on the floor waiting through passport control.

Looking back now, it was worth the experience, at least I have a story to tell. cheesy

Hmmm, thanks for sharing ... smiley you've really had a great experience. 24hours via air and 2days journey via road .. That's pretty tough... smiley
Re: Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. by frank94(m): 2:27am On Dec 22, 2013
My took me 4days flying on the air to get to my location ST lucia in the carribeans that was the travel I will never forget in my life.the journey started from lagos to lome with ASKY airline,from lome to addisababa ethiopia with ethiopain airline,the same day,from adisababa to rio-dejenero brazil that's the following day.from rio to sao paulo.from sao paulo to panama city with copa airlines.I was on transit on panama city for 15 hours before my flight was ready.then flew with copa airline to piarco international airport port of spain.I spent a day at pairco international airport,the fellowing day I flew with carribean air to st lucia.it was realy a journey to remember,but I won't advice any one to fly like that because its too stressful and risky.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. by Mamacita007(f): 8:20am On Dec 22, 2013
frank 94: My took me 4days flying on the air to get to my location ST lucia in the carribeans that was the travel I will never forget in my life.the journey started from lagos to lome with ASKY airline,from lome to addisababa ethiopia with ethiopain airline,the same day,from adisababa to rio-dejenero brazil that's the following day.from rio to sao paulo.from sao paulo to panama city with copa airlines.I was on transit on panama city for 15 hours before my flight was ready.then flew with copa airline to piarco international airport port of spain.I spent a day at pairco international airport,the fellowing day I flew with carribean air to st lucia.it was realy a journey to remember,but I won't advice any one to fly like that because its too stressful and risky.

na wa. u tried ooo
Re: Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mamacita007:

na wa. u tried ooo

Infact, no be small ... smiley

@Mamacita, share your own too naw smiley
Re: Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. by Mamacita007(f): 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
Demaejy: @Mamacita, share your own too naw smiley

when i visit mars, i will share my experience grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. by MrKnowitall: 12:56am On Dec 23, 2013
[b]Longest journey I have ever done lasted 8 months.

Started from San Diego, Ca. Stopped at Hawaii for about 4 days, then left and spent 3 days in Saipan. After

that, we spent 4 days in Guam. Spent 3 days in the Philippines and then 1 wonderful week in Hong Kong.

Left Hong Kong and spent 5 days in Singapore, then 3 days in India. From India to our destination Irag, I

think we must have spent about 6 months in Iraq or something like that. Turned around to head back to

the united states but stopped at Bahrain, then Dubai, before we left the Gulf but passed through the Suez

canal that splits Egypt and Isreal while exiting the gulf. Then we spent 5 days in Malta, Italy, then Gibraltar.

Then passed through Panama canal and voila home sweet home. Man we actually stopped at more countries

but i cant remember them all. here is a pic of my world cruise jacket that i bought during the cruise it doesn't have all the

countries we stopped at because they wanted to charge me an extra 130 dollars to put them all. [/b]

Re: Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. by Watermelon(m): 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mine was from Sydney to Darwin both in Australia. It was a five days journey by train with several brief stopovers. I had my legs swollen , and was exhausted at the end of the journey. It was fun anyway but I doubt if I will ever make this kind of journey again. I drained my pocket for a flight back to Sydney.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
Watermelon: Mine was from Sydney to Darwin both in Australia. It was a five days journey by train with several brief stopovers. I had my legs swollen , and was exhausted at the end of the journey. It was fun anyway but I doubt if I will ever make this kind of journey again. I drained my pocket for a flight back to Sydney.
Sorry bro, long journey could be frustrating atimes....cheesy
Re: Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mamacita007:

when i visit mars, i will share my experience grin grin
Lol, good for you. Could it be that, going to Mars would be the longest journey you would make? Jupiter will surely do it for you. Heard its pretty cool there grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Drug Mule Died Because Staff Thought He Had Ebola / Eid-El-Kabir: Osun Government Announces Free Round-Trip Train Ride From Lagos / How To Know If My Nigerian Passport Is Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.