Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Chinese Wonder: Severed Hand Saved By Being Sown To Ankle - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chinese Wonder: Severed Hand Saved By Being Sown To Ankle (753 Views)

‘That’s My Boy’: Islamic Fighter Tweets Photo Of His Son Holding A Severed Head / Mum Saved Her Kids From Attack By Playing Dead / China Earthquake: How A Mother Saved Her Son (An Emotional Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Wonder: Severed Hand Saved By Being Sown To Ankle by Ojowanle: 9:50am On Dec 17, 2013
A Chinese man who had his right hand grafted to his ankle after he lost the hand in an accident at work has had it reattached successfully.

Xiao Wei had an accident in November, which severed his right hand completely and was taken to a hospital in Changsha, Hunan province, where he underwent reattachment surgery.

Doctors at the hospital he was taken to immediately after the accident had initially told him that there were not able to save his limb.

“I was just shocked and frozen to the spot, until colleagues unplugged the machine and retrieved my hand and took me to the hospital. Xiao Wei said.

“I am still young, and I couldn’t imagine life without a right hand.”

Solution was however, offered by doctors at a larger hospital who opted to sew the severed hand to his ankle to stop it from withering while his other injuries were being treated.

Wei’s doctor told Rex Features: “His injury was severe. Besides ripping injuries, his arm was also flattened. We had to clear and treat his injuries before taking on the hand reattachment surgery.”

Few weeks after the accident, Xiao Wei was well enough to undergo reattachment surgery.

Doctors are hopeful he will regain full function of his hand after undergoing several other medical procedures scheduled for the coming weeks.

- See more at: http://www.urnaija.com/severed-hand-saved-by-being-sown-to-ankle/

Re: Chinese Wonder: Severed Hand Saved By Being Sown To Ankle by Taiwo20(m): 9:54am On Dec 17, 2013
God is great
Re: Chinese Wonder: Severed Hand Saved By Being Sown To Ankle by Prowizy2(m): 10:04am On Dec 17, 2013
Pronouncing in Ibadan tongue.. "THIS IS SYNIECE (CHINESE)MAZIC (MAGIC) shocked
Re: Chinese Wonder: Severed Hand Saved By Being Sown To Ankle by harlos: 10:11am On Dec 17, 2013
Chinese wonder indeed

(1) (Reply)

Ebola: Is The US Government The Master Criminal Of Our Time? / Petrol Is Expected To Hit $1 Per Litre In Sydney This Week / Massive 'zuma Must Fall' Billboard Goes Up In Cape Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.